***November 2019 Mummies***

I've had my growth scan yesterday and baby boy is weighing 5lbs 6oz at the moment which puts him on the 16th percentile. So he is measuring a little small but the sonographer said they don't worry unless they are on the 5th or lower. Everything else was looking perfectly fine so that's good news :)
He is also head down and apparently very low in my pelvis already, a perfect birth position she said. So hopefully he will stay put like that and don't decide to do any last minute turns lol.

OH and me also finally agreed on a name. So unless OH changes his mind, which can easily happen lol, we will call him Noah. <3

I've had my growth scan yesterday and baby boy is weighing 5lbs 6oz at the moment which puts him on the 16th percentile. So he is measuring a little small but the sonographer said they don't worry unless they are on the 5th or lower. Everything else was looking perfectly fine so that's good news :)
He is also head down and apparently very low in my pelvis already, a perfect birth position she said. So hopefully he will stay put like that and don't decide to do any last minute turns lol.

OH and me also finally agreed on a name. So unless OH changes his mind, which can easily happen lol, we will call him Noah. <3

Awww amazing glad he’s doing so well and there’s no issues with his growth!
Noah is a gorgeous name!! Xxx

Glad the growth scan went ok. That’s reassuring. Mine was 6lb 2 at 36 weeks and on the 86th percentile !! Madness how it goes up for not a huge weight difference? Love the name.

@Aprilxxx - sounds like pains from baby engaging?

I’m officially working through the house and getting there slowly. So everyday I feel a bit more happier if I was to go into labour. Hopefully not early as I don’t want an emergency c section. The planned one would be lovely ha. Think I over did it yesterday so a more relaxing day today is needed :)

@Aprilxxx haven't had it myself but sounds like lightening crotch or some pregnant ladies call it fanny daggers :rotfl: It's quite common and I think it's from baby engaging so I wouldn't worry x

@Mandy119 what a lovely name <3 Hopefully your OH will stick with it and glad your growth scan went well! Like @Sparklisam said our babs was measured at 6lbs 2oz at 34 weeks.. it is surprising how much of a difference it can make! Although I'm not convinced they are anywhere near accurate.. his head circumference actually went down in between the two growth scans so unless he's shrinking one of them is definitely off :D

MW appointment tomorrow with the horrible one who tells me off for working. I must admit this week has been a bit of a struggle but I think it's because I know I have another full week to go after this one and the mornings are now cold and dark which doesn't help! Once I get into my last week I'll be fine. It's my birthday this weekend too so will put my feet up, make hubby wait on me and give myself a good rest to set myself up for finishing off work :D

Hope all you ladies are doing well xx

@Sparklisam im doing the same but with the washing! The basket has been overflowing for weeks no matter how many washes I do. Trying to keep up with the house to tho.

@TTChloexx awww I know how you feel the last two weeks of work are tough. I’m off sick now and then going straight on mat leave so I can’t complain but I was feeling the same. How exciting your last birthday before baby gets here, make the most of it.

Yes I’ve looked up lightening crotch seen as a few have mentioned it. Sounds about right. I just wish it wasn’t so frequent. I don’t drive so need to walk/get buses and it’s basically impossible now because of it. Does anyone think baby could come early with having this? Hmm xx

@Sparklisam im doing the same but with the washing! The basket has been overflowing for weeks no matter how many washes I do. Trying to keep up with the house to tho.

@TTChloexx awww I know how you feel the last two weeks of work are tough. I’m off sick now and then going straight on mat leave so I can’t complain but I was feeling the same. How exciting your last birthday before baby gets here, make the most of it.

Yes I’ve looked up lightening crotch seen as a few have mentioned it. Sounds about right. I just wish it wasn’t so frequent. I don’t drive so need to walk/get buses and it’s basically impossible now because of it. Does anyone think baby could come early with having this? Hmm xx

I'd say the first time i had it was a month ago or so and baby is still stay in put. the way it feels makes you think there would be a possibility of goung early but i think because they are resting on nerves and not actually engaged it won't help speed anything up. xx

36 week MW appt today, was actually really good! She didn't mention work at all and also told me not to worry about growth scans as they're obviously not 100% accurate. My fundal measurements have followed an almost perfect pattern throughout so she told me to take everything with a pinch of salt.

Only complication is that they think baby is breech which my last scan had him as as well. Obviously he is running out of time to move. Have to be honest though, I know the recovery can be rough but I quite like the idea of having an elective section haha... the thought of having a major surgery doesn't actually frighten me at all, it's weird. But I have that scan booked at 38 weeks to check his growth again so they can check for sure then, at that point if he hasn't turned they will talk to me about my options.

Also had what I thought was an episode of reduced movements yesterday so went into day assessment unit. Typically enough as soon as I was on the monitor I was clicking away for his movements lol! To be honest I think I was focusing more on the strength rather than the frequency and they're not bothered about strength as it's normal for the movement to become not as harsh because they have less room! But yep, all good and they even said I was having regular tightenings whilst I was on the monitor so that's exciting! xx

36 week MW appt today, was actually really good! She didn't mention work at all and also told me not to worry about growth scans as they're obviously not 100% accurate. My fundal measurements have followed an almost perfect pattern throughout so she told me to take everything with a pinch of salt.

Only complication is that they think baby is breech which my last scan had him as as well. Obviously he is running out of time to move. Have to be honest though, I know the recovery can be rough but I quite like the idea of having an elective section haha... the thought of having a major surgery doesn't actually frighten me at all, it's weird. But I have that scan booked at 38 weeks to check his growth again so they can check for sure then, at that point if he hasn't turned they will talk to me about my options.

Also had what I thought was an episode of reduced movements yesterday so went into day assessment unit. Typically enough as soon as I was on the monitor I was clicking away for his movements lol! To be honest I think I was focusing more on the strength rather than the frequency and they're not bothered about strength as it's normal for the movement to become not as harsh because they have less room! But yep, all good and they even said I was having regular tightenings whilst I was on the monitor so that's exciting! xx
Glad your appointment went well, is this your last week in work? If your fundal measurements have been in line i wouldn’t worry either baby is obvs growing.
So if baby is still breech at your next app you’ll get a date for the csection?

I’m glad you mentioned that about movements as I had a day where baby was moving but felt so soft the other day. He’s back to hurting me today but it’s good to know that it happens. Sorry you got worried tho.

I’m getting a little fed up of being stuck in the house now. Can’t get far on my own due to the shooting pain I’m having. It’s constant. It’s my friends birthday and everybody is going for drinks and I’m not so that’s why I’m feeling fed up little more to. Will be worth it when I have my little boy though!!! Slept with my boyfriend today and panicked as there was blood afterwards. Baby’s been fine and moving strong so haven’t rang the hospital or anything. 4 weeks left!!

How’s everyone else?

Our little baby boy Jackson was born 1:41am on the 27th October (36+4), and shares the same birthday as his Mummy.
He is currently on NICU and I am recovering from an emergency c-sec under general anaesthetic. We will both be in the hospital for a few days.
We are absolutely in love with our new baby boy and cannot be happier, despite the trickier start!
Hope you’re all doing well ladies xxx

7F34A5A0-DC29-474C-8697-BC286FC97304.jpeg

Our little baby boy Jackson was born 1:41am on the 27th October (36+4), and shares the same birthday as his Mummy.
He is currently on NICU and I am recovering from an emergency c-sec under general anaesthetic. We will both be in the hospital for a few days.
We are absolutely in love with our new baby boy and cannot be happier, despite the trickier start!

View attachment 88747

congratulations hope you both recover quickly x

Wow another early one !! Huge congratulations. Birth sounds like it was tricky so hope your okay.

Midwife was right about you not working until 37 weeks lol !! Or had you just finished.

Hope you both recover well !! Enjoy, they grow up so quick xx

Wow another early one !! Huge congratulations. Birth sounds like it was tricky so hope your okay.

Midwife was right about you not working until 37 weeks lol !! Or had you just finished.

Hope you both recover well !! Enjoy, they grow up so quick xx

How much did he weigh??

View attachment 88747
OMG well done and congratulations!! Your boy is perfect, love his name.
Hope he is out for cuddles soon and you recover well xxxx

View attachment 88747

congratulations, he is gorgeous and i love the name too. sorry it wasn't an easy start for yous but it will still be worth it.

it's so nice yous share the same birthday too, you will never top that present

keep us updated on how yous are doing xxx

Aww congratulations @TTChloexx , he is so precious <3
Hope recovery is going well for you and you'll be able to take him home soon xx

Thanks everyone <3 The moment I met my boy was the most special moment of my life. We are doing really well, he has no tubes now and is out of the incubator. Last step is really just to get him to feed but that is trickier than it sounds!!
Midwife was right about my mat leave after all haha!! Oh well, I suppose I get the absolute maximum time with Jackson that way!
He weighed 7lbs 2oz so would have been a large baby had we got to full term! So the second growth scan was right on that point.
Will be looking out for the new arrivals over the next few weeks <3

Thanks everyone <3 The moment I met my boy was the most special moment of my life. We are doing really well, he has no tubes now and is out of the incubator. Last step is really just to get him to feed but that is trickier than it sounds!!
Midwife was right about my mat leave after all haha!! Oh well, I suppose I get the absolute maximum time with Jackson that way!
He weighed 7lbs 2oz so would have been a large baby had we got to full term! So the second growth scan was right on that point.

aw so glad to hear yous are recovering well and that is a good size for his dates
yeah atleast you will have the full time with him xx

has anyone started trying anythung to help bring labour on naturally?
I'm at that stage now i could pull my hair out lol can't wait to meet baby and can't wait to feel normal again xx

Wonderful news !!x

has anyone started trying anythung to help bring labour on naturally?
I'm at that stage now i could pull my hair out lol can't wait to meet baby and can't wait to feel normal again xx
I tried everything last time and nothing helped !! Was 12 days overdue with induction last time. It’s all about your hormones apparently. So all the labour inducing stuff is just a myth !!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back