***November 2019 Mummies***

@TTChloexx Hooe your second scan is more reassuring in relation to growth. I was induced as he was 2 weeks late and it was awful but very induction is different. Sounds like you’ve done your research and have a good plan on the way you want things to go.

Next week I hopefully will get a date for my C Section and Surgery ... fingers crossed.

34+6 today so it’s all getting very real as I know C Sec will be 39 weeks latest !!

My baby is so active I honestly wonder how it has the energy to move practically continually !! I have 2 weeks left at work now. Looking forward to finishing and getting the nesting going to prep for the arrival !!

Ohh it's getting real now your close to being given a date!!

I'm up and down at the minute feeling worried as baby isnt move LOADS but then does push out with bum and head and then I think 'oh that's still classed as movement'
No one tells you how things should be and I worry and it makes me panic abit.
I've also been made very conscious that baby isn't yet head down and keep trying the natural ways to help move it.

I finish work next Friday I cant wait !!!
Cant was to nest lol
Xxx

@ChloB I feel exactly like that with movement. Every now and then I'll have 'quiet' days in that they're more rolls than pokes and kicks. And then some days (today being one of them) he goes a bit mad and my belly is properly moving lol. Have to keep telling myself that both are still classed a movement as I do get tempted to phone triage at times.
Still 4 weeks left at work including this week, hoping it goes quick as my pelvis is starting to become really sore. Think I have a bit of SPD so will mention it at MW appt on Friday xx

@ChloB I feel exactly like that with movement. Every now and then I'll have 'quiet' days in that they're more rolls than pokes and kicks. And then some days (today being one of them) he goes a bit mad and my belly is properly moving lol. Have to keep telling myself that both are still classed a movement as I do get tempted to phone triage at times.
Still 4 weeks left at work including this week, hoping it goes quick as my pelvis is starting to become really sore. Think I have a bit of SPD so will mention it at MW appt on Friday xx

I've had a couple of occasions this last week where I've thought should I have phoned triage, but then had movements so felt silly with myself?

It will fly by for you :D xxx

I have the same thing some days he doesn’t stop...Saturday for example he was so active I’d almost say his movement was constant but Sunday I went hours without feeling him strongly. I got worried and almost called a few times to but he picked up about 8pm. Today he’s been consistent. I think quiet days are normal especially after a busier day.

I’ve got 4 weeks including this week to!!

I'm the exact same with the movement, I've had some days where I only felt little pokes and it got me really worried and I wanted to call my MW a few times but you do feel silly sometimes. Even though we shouldn't feel that way, I mean that's what they're there for after all lol. If I had told my MW about it she would have probably told me to stop being silly and just call lol.
Baby is quite an active roller though and his movements are so much more defined now (if he decides to move lol) which is so cool to see <3

I've got 3 and a half weeks to go till my maternity leave and gosh I am so ready for it!

Anyone else feeling super frustrated and just wanting to meet baby? I feel irritated and the need to see him is very real. I’ve considered a scan but just don’t think I can convince my bf...34 weeks on Sunday so don’t have to wait to much longer but it feels like foreverrrrrrrr

Anyone else feeling super frustrated and just wanting to meet baby? I feel irritated and the need to see him is very real. I’ve considered a scan but just don’t think I can convince my bf...34 weeks on Sunday so don’t have to wait to much longer but it feels like foreverrrrrrrr

I’m desperate now 31 weeks and six weeks to go ! This last bit is dragging.
I wouldn’t have a scan now as you can barley see anything I had a scan on Tuesday and I couldn’t tell what was what I saw them holding hands at one point which was adorable but that was it x

I’m desperate now 31 weeks and six weeks to go ! This last bit is dragging.
I wouldn’t have a scan now as you can barley see anything I had a scan on Tuesday and I couldn’t tell what was what I saw them holding hands at one point which was adorable but that was it x
Yeah not seeing much is also a factor in not getting one!
How cute yours held hands tho omg! X

Yes April I absolutely cannot wait to meet our little boy now <3<3Weirdly I find the midwife appointments help a little, maybe because I feel like each one gets me closer lol! The extra scans are lovely too as I get to see him... although Elfs Mummy is right you can't see much, definitely wouldn't be able to take a picture home. His head takes up the whole screen lol!
Counting the days until this scan on Monday, so impatient to find out where we are in terms of growth and what that might mean for getting him here! xx

I agree I'm not so patiently waiting for my due date. can't wait to meet them... 5 weeks to go and hopefully I won't go over last scan baby was on the bigger side and i have 2 more weeks till next scan ..

getting pretty uncomfortable now too and feeling sick again

xx

@cmah Sorry to hear you're uncomfortable - not long to go now!

MW appointment today and it was that horrible one who told me off for wanting to work so late, so guess what the appointment was about today :shakehead: I know she's coming from a good place I really do, but she's like a dog with a bone. I mentioned that I had some pelvic pain to see if they had any advice for physio etc. but it's honestly not bad at all and she jumped straight on it. Said that I should stop work now as it could be the difference between me ending up on crutches or not (talk about dramatic). She even started to say that maybe babies growth will pick back up if I give up work before it's even been established if there is a problem or not. Thought that was a proper guilt trip which is so unfair.

I only have three weeks left anyway and honestly still feel absolutely fine to carry on. I really do appreciate any advice they can give but really wish she'd stop being so forceful as it's stressing me out!! xxxx

@cmah Sorry to hear you're uncomfortable - not long to go now!

MW appointment today and it was that horrible one who told me off for wanting to work so late, so guess what the appointment was about today :shakehead: I know she's coming from a good place I really do, but she's like a dog with a bone. I mentioned that I had some pelvic pain to see if they had any advice for physio etc. but it's honestly not bad at all and she jumped straight on it. Said that I should stop work now as it could be the difference between me ending up on crutches or not (talk about dramatic). She even started to say that maybe babies growth will pick back up if I give up work before it's even been established if there is a problem or not. Thought that was a proper guilt trip which is so unfair.

I only have three weeks left anyway and honestly still feel absolutely fine to carry on. I really do appreciate any advice they can give but really wish she'd stop being so forceful as it's stressing me out!! xxxx
Wow I can’t believe she would say that about baby’s growth! Ignore her. Our due dates are only 4 days apart and I have 3 weeks left to! It’s no big deal so don’t let her make you feel bad xxx

Has my consultant app today. They have booked my section in for my 39th week so first week of Nov. Finish work next Thursday I’ll be 37 weeks and could prob carry on. However looking forward to some lazy mornings ... until half term kicks in and my other LO is home all the time. Will enjoy it with him tho before baby gets here.

I remember with my LO how hard it is when you only have the 2 standard scans. The last bit seemed to take forever and I went 2 weeks overdue so it felt Ages until I met him. This time it’s odd knowing when I’m having baby.

Agree on the scan bit though. Baby is so big now you don’t see too much. I’ve had 7 in total now. Managed to avoid the gender each time !! Mine didn’t want to be helpful this week for my scan and wouldn’t roll over ha. But baby weighs 6lb 2oz at the mo. Hoping not for another whopper though. A normal size baby would be lovely this time round. Don’t want a 10lb’er !!

Wow you have a date how exciting!! Glad you’ve still managed to avoid finding out babas gender!! Not long to go for you now.

I’m 34 weeks today and my sickness has returned AGAIN. I had a few days - a week feeling better and it hit me again yesterday. It was awful. It’s mine and my bf anniversary today and we was going to go for food and the cinema but I’m feeling a little to tired I think.

How is everyone else?

How exciting @Sparklisam!! Not long to go for you now.
Sorry to hear you're feeling sick again @Aprilxxx...hope it passes for you soon.
Had my growth scan and consultant review today and goes to show how inaccurate it all can be... he's now apparently measuring too big!! I have to go back at 38 weeks to have him measured, and if his measurements haven't calmed down they'll now be offering induction on the basis that he's too big rather than too small :rotfl:
I'm convinced they just absolutely love inducing women! Have already had a chat with hubby and have decided that unless anything really untoward comes up we will opt to wait rather than induce. He is still breech though so that's also something we'll need to consider if he hasn't flipped xxxx

How exciting @Sparklisam!! Not long to go for you now.
Sorry to hear you're feeling sick again @Aprilxxx...hope it passes for you soon.
Had my growth scan and consultant review today and goes to show how inaccurate it all can be... he's now apparently measuring too big!! I have to go back at 38 weeks to have him measured, and if his measurements haven't calmed down they'll now be offering induction on the basis that he's too big rather than too small :rotfl:
I'm convinced they just absolutely love inducing women! Have already had a chat with hubby and have decided that unless anything really untoward comes up we will opt to wait rather than induce. He is still breech though so that's also something we'll need to consider if he hasn't flipped xxxx

they deffo get measurements wrong.. my doctor told me that at the last scan I'm back at 37 weeks to see if baby isn't too big too.

I would deffo opt for more monitoring than an induction if i were you though as I was induced last time and my LO wasn't ready so I ended up an emergency section after a full days labour and contractions.

I'm deffo getting impatient now and googling how to help bring baby on (obviously from full term) but my doctor told me I need to do exercises now to get baby into position

hope everyone else is good. my heartburn is deffo lingering about xx

@cmah Completely agree with you, unless medically necessary and based on solid evidence I will personally avoid induction at all costs. Whilst it can, at times, be a great way to get baby out if there are issues and of course there are plenty of positive inductions, I do think it can cause such unnecessary discomfort and stress for Mum as it can essentially be forcing your baby out when they and your body may not be ready. The NHS are also so quick to offer it without really discussing the alternatives which I think is quite bad! Praying I get a spontaneous labour!!

I'm 35 weeks today, drinking 2 cups of raspberry leaf tea and eating 6 dates per day in the hope that it will have an impact when it comes to d-day! Have two weeks left of work yet though so I'm not quite as impatient... :)

Sorry to hear about your heartburn @cmah, hope it subsides soon for you xxx

I really wouldnt want to be induced either unless absolutely necessary! Sometimes it seems like its just the easier thing for doctors and nurses to do so they offer it all the time.

Hopefully everyone is getting on well! Cant believe how close we're all getting to our due dates :love:

I had my MW appt yesterday and she referred me for a growth scan which Ill have next wednesday. She didnt seem to worried about my measurements but I told her that everyone keeps on commenting about how small my bump is for being 35 weeks and that it makes me wonder if anything is wrong and if I should be bigger.
It was easy for me to not listen to the comments to start with but now its really everyone and it does get annoying.
MW was great though and said that theyre probably just jealous lol and said if it eases my mind she will gladly refer me for a growth scan. So it will be nice to see little man again next week.

So ladies, bit of news on me...
I went into labour last wednesday and ended up having an emergency c section due to baby being breech.

Absolute whirlwind as baby was 5 weeks early.....we had a 4lb 8oz little baby girl Rosie 10/10/19<3
We are absolutely over the moon, however we were dispatched and ended up readmitted into the childrens ward as she was struggling to feed and her temperature was low.
We are slowly making progress towards and hopefully should go home in the next few days.

Hope you are all well, I love being a mum, the emotions are real after birth, I've had an absolute rollercoaster of a week and it feels like it's been a month already!!

Xxxx

Screenshot_20191016-215813_Photos.jpg

Oh my gosh @ChloB, congratulations <3:hug:
Look at your precious girl, she is absolutely perfect :love:

Cant believe she was 5 weeks early, I hope youre both doing well and are able to go home soon. Seems like she just couldnt wait to meet you <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back