***November 2019 Mummies***

<3
I really wouldnt want to be induced either unless absolutely necessary! Sometimes it seems like its just the easier thing for doctors and nurses to do so they offer it all the time.

Hopefully everyone is getting on well! Cant believe how close we're all getting to our due dates :love:

I had my MW appt yesterday and she referred me for a growth scan which Ill have next wednesday. She didnt seem to worried about my measurements but I told her that everyone keeps on commenting about how small my bump is for being 35 weeks and that it makes me wonder if anything is wrong and if I should be bigger.
It was easy for me to not listen to the comments to start with but now its really everyone and it does get annoying.
MW was great though and said that theyre probably just jealous lol and said if it eases my mind she will gladly refer me for a growth scan. So it will be nice to see little man again next week.

I see my midwife today also and I have the same worries as people in work keep saying I’m to small to. I’d love a growth scan. Glad you got one to ease your mind.

So ladies, bit of news on me...
I went into labour last wednesday and ended up having an emergency c section due to baby being breech.

Absolute whirlwind as baby was 5 weeks early.....we had a 4lb 8oz little baby girl Rosie 10/10/19<3
We are absolutely over the moon, however we were dispatched and ended up readmitted into the childrens ward as she was struggling to feed and her temperature was low.
We are slowly making progress towards and hopefully should go home in the next few days.

Hope you are all well, I love being a mum, the emotions are real after birth, I've had an absolute rollercoaster of a week and it feels like it's been a month already!!

Xxxx

View attachment 88593
WOW<3
Can’t believe she came early I bet she was just to excited to meet her mummy!! Congrats she’s beautiful. I hope she gets to come home soon xxx

Hopefully your midwife will refer you for a growth scan too @Aprilxxx. I dont know why people always feel the need to comment, it really just causes anxiety but they dont seem to think that far.
Let us know how you get on xx

So ladies, bit of news on me...
I went into labour last wednesday and ended up having an emergency c section due to baby being breech.

Absolute whirlwind as baby was 5 weeks early.....we had a 4lb 8oz little baby girl Rosie 10/10/19<3
We are absolutely over the moon, however we were dispatched and ended up readmitted into the childrens ward as she was struggling to feed and her temperature was low.
We are slowly making progress towards and hopefully should go home in the next few days.

Hope you are all well, I love being a mum, the emotions are real after birth, I've had an absolute rollercoaster of a week and it feels like it's been a month already!!

Xxxx

View attachment 88593

oh my goodness congratulations isn't she beautiful , I'm sure you's are on cloud 9 after what im sure was a scary experience.

she is so tiny my first was nearly double that weight!

xxx

@ChloB oh my goodness congratulations!!! What a beautiful little baby you have there <3
Take care of yourself and take it one step at a time.
We have our first November baby... that’s crazy! Xx

@Mandy119 @Aprilxxx I really would try to put those comments out of your mind ladies... your MW's would have referred off their own back if they thought anything was up. Also I'd be careful what you wish for.. growth scans can be really inaccurate and to me it seems like every mum to be who has one they find some kind of issue (too big/too small), so that causes all kinds of worry when chances are nothing is actually wrong! As nice as it is to see him I actually wish that I didn't need the extra ones xxxx
Hope everyones doing well <3<3<3

Ladies what do you think about this...

I’ve been complaining that I’ve been seeing “floaters” to my bf for around 2 weeks. My mw said this is a sign of preclamsia along with the he headaches and rib pain I have. She dipped my wee and there is no protein so I’m fine but she said blood pressure is a massive indicator in whether or not the symptoms will progress. BP over 140 is alarming. Now I’ve always had very low bp...at my booking I was 80/40 and now I have “normal” bp of 120. To me that’s high as I’ve never had a bp like that. Any thoughts on if that increase is fine or abnormal?

Ladies what do you think about this...

I’ve been complaining that I’ve been seeing “floaters” to my bf for around 2 weeks. My mw said this is a sign of preclamsia along with the he headaches and rib pain I have. She dipped my wee and there is no protein so I’m fine but she said blood pressure is a massive indicator in whether or not the symptoms will progress. BP over 140 is alarming. Now I’ve always had very low bp...at my booking I was 80/40 and now I have “normal” bp of 120. To me that’s high as I’ve never had a bp like that. Any thoughts on if that increase is fine or abnormal?

Sorry for thread hopping here (one of the December mummies here!), but I work in maternity and couldn't read this and not say anything!
Are you having any other symptoms, such as swelling in the face/around your eyes, in your hands and have the symptoms been getting worse? Was it today you saw your midwife or has it been a wee while?
Even though your blood pressure is now in "normal" range, this new "normal" range BP is actually quite a substantial rise for you if your BP at booking was 80/40. We do normally go by 140/90 being high blood pressure, but a rise of 30 in the top number of your blood pressure/rise of 15 in the bottom number of your blood pressure could be a cause for concern. Also, I think coupled with the fact that you are having other symptoms such as pain at your ribs, floaters in your vision and headaches, even though there was no protein in your urine at your last check, I'd be inclined to give your local maternity assessment a phone call just to see what they say!
I hope I've not worried you but always best to err on the side of caution when it comes to our wee babies and us! x

Sorry for thread hopping here (one of the December mummies here!), but I work in maternity and couldn't read this and not say anything!
Are you having any other symptoms, such as swelling in the face/around your eyes, in your hands and have the symptoms been getting worse? Was it today you saw your midwife or has it been a wee while?
Even though your blood pressure is now in "normal" range, this new "normal" range BP is actually quite a substantial rise for you if your BP at booking was 80/40. We do normally go by 140/90 being high blood pressure, but a rise of 30 in the top number of your blood pressure/rise of 15 in the bottom number of your blood pressure could be a cause for concern. Also, I think coupled with the fact that you are having other symptoms such as pain at your ribs, floaters in your vision and headaches, even though there was no protein in your urine at your last check, I'd be inclined to give your local maternity assessment a phone call just to see what they say!
I hope I've not worried you but always best to err on the side of caution when it comes to our wee babies and us! x

Thank you so much for your reply!
It was today I saw my MW. She told me to take paracetamol for my headache and see if it goes, but it hasn’t and to also watch to see if my vision gets worse and if it does to go to hospital to get my BP checked. I have noticed swelling in my feet but not excessive, I’d say typical for late pregnancy type swelling. She did say my BP is high for me but if she referred me to hospital they wouldn’t do anything given it’s “normal” for most people.

Oh wow @ChloB !! Bet you’ve had to adapt to being a mum a bit quicker than you though. Massive congratulations though.

Hope your resting and make sure you use as many people around you go support. How was your Section? Mines in just over 2 weeks getting a bit nervous now about it all.

Finished work Thursday so it’s home stretch to get house ready so I can relax when recovering that house will be fine not to be cleaned straight away ha !!

@Aprilxxx

How you feeling today? Like you I would be a bit worried and would like to be checked over x
I’m actually not to bad. I spoke with my boss and we decided that I’d go off now...I’ll take two weeks sick then start my maternity. So I’m having 5 weeks off before baby gets here. It’s a relief to know I can just relax at home and if things do worsen I can just take myself in.

Your section isn’t to long away now! I’m excited for you!! Xxx

anyone else just getting impatient now? the days are dragging in now and i just want baby here xx

I’m just so excited to know what the sex is !! I’m lucky to have a date that I know I will meet baby. Rather than the waiting game.
But it only gives me 2 weeks to get the house clean and sorted. So prob the only pregnant person that doesn’t want to go into labour early ha.
We are renovating the utility so it’s dusty and pointless doing stuff right now until it’s finished. Done a few rooms like the bedroom so I know that’s all sorted.
I know cleaning will be off for a while after C Section so I am wanting it clean more than ever.
I had 6 weeks waiting last time as baby overdue and needed to be induced. That dragged !! Not long and lots of babies will be here :)

Yes I’m so impatient! We finished baby’s room yesterday and his pram will be up this week so I feel ready for him. Still 5 weeks to go!

I've done alot of cleaning was hoping it was a sign that Labour was near as I got a boost of energy from nowhere.. but maybe not lol I've 3 weeks left to go and i just feel like the days are weeks and i have everything ready now which makes it nearly worse as I have nothing to focus on bar "signs of labour " . I had a date with my first too and it was a week early but I don't need induced this time
I have started all the things to bring labour on and not even a Braxton hicks for me lol xx

I've done alot of cleaning was hoping it was a sign that Labour was near as I got a boost of energy from nowhere.. but maybe not lol I've 3 weeks left to go and i just feel like the days are weeks and i have everything ready now which makes it nearly worse as I have nothing to focus on bar "signs of labour " . I had a date with my first too and it was a week early but I don't need induced this time
I have started all the things to bring labour on and not even a Braxton hicks for me lol xx
I know what you mean I have a few things left to buy which isnkeeping my mind occupied but when I’m done I’ll be like you only focusing on when baby gets here

So when I walk I have an awful shooting pain that comes and goes until I stop moving. It’s internal, like shooting up inside my vaginal area. It will stop me dead in my tracks and I can’t move. It happens everytime I walk. I’m not to worried but wondering if anyone else has it? I’m thinking maybe baby is on a nerve that gets aggravated when I move? Is it a type of contraction? It’s annoying, I’m on mat leave for 5 weeks and wanted to go shopping to town and keep myself busy etc but I went yesterday and my boyfriend brought me home as I every other step I took was painful. Xxx

So when I walk I have an awful shooting pain that comes and goes until I stop moving. It’s internal, like shooting up inside my vaginal area. It will stop me dead in my tracks and I can’t move. It happens everytime I walk. I’m not to worried but wondering if anyone else has it? I’m thinking maybe baby is on a nerve that gets aggravated when I move? Is it a type of contraction? It’s annoying, I’m on mat leave for 5 weeks and wanted to go shopping to town and keep myself busy etc but I went yesterday and my boyfriend brought me home as I every other step I took was painful. Xxx

I had this i think. I think it's called lightning crotch and its like someone is stabbing you on the inside.

I had it weeks ago and it went away and came back for a few hours the other day.

hope it eases for you it's very uncomfortable if its like what I had xx

I had this i think. I think it's called lightning crotch and its like someone is stabbing you on the inside.

I had it weeks ago and it went away and came back for a few hours the other day.

hope it eases for you it's very uncomfortable if its like what I had xx
Ah this is constant when I walk around. Might look into what that is though. I’ve had it since I was 28 weeks but just getting worse now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back