The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts ("Content"). Content submitted express the views of their author only.
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.
All Content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
These terms may be changed at any time without notice.
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.
1. General Overview
Pregnancy Forum Guidelines.
- When using the Web Site, be polite, use common sense, don't break the law, and don't post anything that has any hint of advertising or self publicity.
- Opinions expressed within messages are those of the poster and are not the views of the Web Site or its owners. You rely on such information at your own risk and are urged to seek professional advice for specific and/or individual situations, and not rely solely on advice or opinions given in the discussions.
- We reserve the right to move, modify, review or remove any messages transmitted to the Web Site at our discretion and without explanation.
- You are permitted a maximum of one account, active or inactive (including previously banned). If you choose to ignore this restriction all your accounts will be banned. If you require temporary access for any reason, require a user name change, or have forgotten your log in details and are unable to retrieve them via the system, do not create a new account, please contact the Web Site administrator using the 'Contact Us' link below.
- The Web Site administrators have the final say as to what is and isn't a violation of rules.
- By using the Web Site, you agree to be contacted by the Web Site administration, regardless of your account settings, if it becomes necessary to do so.
- The Web Site administrators and moderators assume members have read these terms (as confirmed at registration) and will not take ignorance as an excuse for not following the rules and policies outlined here.
Please contact the Web Site Administrator using the 'Contact Us' link below if you do not understand any of the rules outlined below.
2. Forum Rules
These rules apply to all Forums.
3. Community Conduct
Specific rules to ensure a smooth running community.
- Rudeness, flaming or trolling is not tolerated on, or about the Web Site, or its members. Any member who is intentionally disruptive may have their account restricted or banned without warning.
- Antisocial, discriminatory or offensive messages (intended or otherwise) aimed at the community at large, certain demographics (including parenting styles) or specific members, are not permitted.
- You agree not to provide inaccurate, misleading or false information, or encourage others to do so.
- Your account is yours alone. You are responsible for any activity created with it. You may not share your account login with anyone. Ignoring this rule may result in your account being restricted or banned.
- All publicly displayed messages, posts, titles and signatures are limited to the English language.
- Posts made in TXT SPK (text speak) or messages entirely in CAPITAL LETTERS are not permitted.
- It is strictly prohibited to use any information obtained from the Web Site (either directly or indirectly) to contact, advertise, solicit, or sell to any user without the prior explicit written consent from the Web Site management.
- Signature Spam (a post that was made in hopes of showing a signature attachment) is not permitted.
- Duplicate posting (submitting the same message more than once) is not permitted.
- You may not post about or on behalf of any banned member using any of the messaging, signature, or e-mail features.
- Harboring a previously banned member (knowing about a banned member signing up again without reporting it to forum administrators) is strictly prohibited. Ignoring this important rule will result in your account also being banned.
- You may not post words or URLs that are censored by adding spaces, dots, or substituting characters, or by any other means in an attempt to defeat any censors put in place by the Web Site. Please contact us if you feel a word or URL is unjustly censored.
- You may not post advertising, commission, referral or affiliate links. You may not link to sites whose main income is derived from affiliate or referral links.
- You may not link to third party forums or unapproved social networking Web Sites (Approved sites: Facebook, Bebo, Myspace).
- Continuing locked or removed threads elsewhere on the forum is not permitted. If a thread has been moderated, it is with good reason. Posts questioning or complaining about such actions will either be removed or closed.
- You may not link, in any manner, to websites or images containing pornography, sexually explicit, gross violence, or are determined by moderators to be detrimental to the community.
- Any messages that encourage, promote or endorse illegal activity will be removed. Serious offences may result in your account being restricted or banned.
- Social network cross posting (cross referencing discussions/disputes between social networking websites and PregnancyForum.co.uk) is not permitted. If an Administrator has reason to believe that a member is involved in cyber-bullying or member/website bashing, We reserve the right to restricted or ban the offenders account.
- Whilst linking to personal blogs, profiles, petitions and charity pages is not against forum guidelines, threads made solely for publicising these pages do contravene our 'self-publicity' and 'advertising' rules, and will be removed (you may however place a link in your signature).
- You must make ten posts before posting URL's*. If you make meaningless posts to avoid this restriction your account will be banned.
- You must make five posts before using the PM and system e-mail features or viewing member profile information. If you make meaningless posts to overcome this restriction, your account will be banned.
- Some forum categories have a minimum post count restriction. If you make meaningless posts to overcome this restriction, your account may be restricted or banned.
- Account closures are honored by removing access to the Web Site. It is your responsibility to ensure that personal information and pictures are removed from the forum before you submit your request here.
- By providing content to the Web Site, you represent that said contents is not restricted by copyright, or that you have permission from the copyright owner to submit the content to the Web Site.
- You hereby grant the Web Site an irrevocable, perpetual, universal, and non-exclusive right to delete, modify, duplicate, display or otherwise transmit any content that you provide to the Web Site.
- Public posts debating these rules and/or moderators enforcement of such, will be removed without comment. We encourage feedback but request that you use the 'Contact Us' link below if you have any questions or concerns.
* If you represent a company or charity as a professional spokesman and wish to link to your website, you must contact the Web Site administrator using the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page before attempting any posts (for the majority this is common sense/polite, but unfortunately there is always a minority that will try and get around our SPAM filter). Ignoring this rule will be taken as the actions of a spammer.
4. Signature Rules
Rules to stop signatures from taking over the forum.
- While Pregnancyforum.co.uk tries to remain pro-choice on most subjects, out of respect for majority of our members that are either trying to conceive, or pregnant, we ask that you do not discuss topics on abortion and terminations.
- Pregnancyforum.co.uk opperates a strict NO under 18's in the Waiting to try (WTT) or Trying to conceive (TTC) forums.
- Pregnancyforum.co.uk does not support minors 'Trying to Conceive'. While we understand that teenage pregnancy is becoming more and more common we do not endorse those under the legal adult age trying to get pregnant, and as such all threads pertaining to this will be locked.
- Due to legal reasons, posts about the author 'Gina Ford' or any of her books are not permitte=d on the Web Site.
- Asking fellow members to participate in a competition/contest polls in an effort to unfairly influence voting is not permitted.
- Requesting (through words or implication) money or charity from the general member population is not permitted. If it is suspected that a membership is being used with the sole intention of procuring free goods, services or wealth, the account may be restricted or banned.
- Anti-forum 'I am leaving....' or threads leaving behind negativity/bad feeling, will either be locked or removed. These are usually posted for attention, create arguments, and often stem from events that have already been dealt with.
(Remember problems can only be dealt with if reported.)
- Signatures are available to members with 5 posts or more.
- Please keep your signature within 600 x 300 pixels.
- No links to commercial websites, auctions/eshop, forums, referral or affiliate links, unauthorised third party pregnancy & parenting resources / forums.
- Signatures have been turned off in our ‘Miscarriage & Loss Support’ & ‘Problems Trying To Conceive’ forums. This decision was made for general consideration of members who may be experiencing hard times & may find the viewing of pregnancy tickers upsetting within these areas.
Donators & Contributors get VIP privileges. These rules are displayed on the Donators page
Note: Signature's that do not conform to the above guidelines will be edited without notice.