***November 2019 Mummies***

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by TTChloexx, Aug 27, 2019.

1. ChloB

ChloB Well-Known Member

Hope everyone and babies/nearly here babies are doing ok!

Feel like I've lost touch with you all and not kept up to where everyone is.

Rosie's 6 week old now and my god is it flying by, as she was 5 weeks early and her due date was technically only a week last Wednesday....everything feels like its flown by.

It's so overwhelming now getting used to having a baby and hubby is at work now, those days of doing everything on your own with a baby can be so difficult, I look forward to the weekends more than when I was at work.

Xx

2. Aprilxxx

Aprilxxx Well-Known Member

I totally feel you I can’t keep up with myself anymore never mind anyone else!
    Can’t believe rosie is 6 weeks your right time has flown.
    Have things become any easier?

My baby 8 days old and I’m obsessed with him. He’s so perfect! I have another week with my bf off work and then he goes back. He is also out all day /night on Sunday I’m excited and nervous to see how me and baby do alone!

3. ChloB

ChloB Well-Known Member

I honestly cant believe how fast it's gone either!!
    Things are slowly getting there, I can drive again now after I saw the doctor for our 6 week check up and to check my c section scar etc.
    But every day since I say to myself 'I'll go out today' and I never do, the weather doesnt help being rubbish.

I think back to when the hubby was off with me and it was such a magical time and wish I could have that all over again.
    But now it's just me and Rosie, we have our own kind of routine starting...but it's still not completely easy?

My brother bought us the tomme prep machine last week and I csntc tell you how amazing it's been just having that !!!
    Are you breast or bottle feeding? Xx

4. Aprilxxx

You should try get yourself up and out you’ll probably really enjoy it! Glad you got the all clear to.

I have one of those prep machines aren’t they amazing! Couldn’t be without it! I’m bottle and he was feeding every 3 hours but yesterday and today it seems more like he wants his bottle every 2- 2-12 max which wasn’t a fun night! What about you? And how’s your baby’s sleep like??

5. ChloB

ChloB Well-Known Member

I know, it's more when the weathers crap I struggle as we dont have a drive with the car right outside.

Yeah the prep machine is fab but Rosie is only on 3oz so it's a pain it only starts from 4oz!

Rosie is the same, night time more 3 hours but day time shes anywhere between 2 and 4 ?
    I found white noise in YouTube is amazing...she likes the rain one.
    She doesnt always settle back when I put her in the cot but i just stroke her head and hope she goes back to sleep x

6. Sparklisam

Sparklisam Well-Known Member

Sounds like your doing fab jobs ladies !! I’m still managing to breast feed and she is just over 3 weeks. I only did 12 days last time so I’m really chuffed. However the night sweats, let down pains and occasional sore nipples do have their disadvantages. My hormones are still all over the place too !
    I had already bought a perfect prep ready for if I couldn’t / stopped BF. So I have one in the cupboard should I need to use it too :)
    We manage to get out most days. Lots of lunches out with family as I have 3 weeks left until I can drive. Been nice going to garden centres to see all the Xmas stuff and stopping for a hot meal. A lot of it is to keep me sane to be honest as I’m a constant on the go person so needing to rest post C Sec and Surgery for my cyst I knew I would struggle with. However there really is no right or wrong. I speak to other ppl who didn’t get dressed for weeks. I couldn’t do that as a teenager so knew I wouldn’t do it post birth !! I do have the advantage that this is 2nd baby so I’m a bit less anxious as it’s not all completely new.

7. Elfs Mummy

Elfs Mummy Well-Known Member

Sounds like you’re all doing amazing. We’re now 2 1/2 weeks in and have been in hospital for the last three days with jaundice. We’re hopeful this will be the last stint on the lights for them both. Not had any time at home as a family at all

8. Aprilxxx

Wow well done for BF for longer than you thought! Your doing fab and don’t beat yourself up if you decide to stop.
    I think it’s amazing your up and out every day.
    Sorry to hear your babies are back in hospital I hope they improve soon.

I’m starting to feel better now. My baby is 10 days old and my hormones really got me me. I tried to go out a few times but had s breakdown each time but today seemed to be a better day with that. I’m still really struggling with anxiety that something bad is going to happen but I’m hoping that will ease to soon.
    Baby is feeding great and got weighed today he’s put on 4oz so I’m so pleased with him!! He just loves to sleep on me so trying to teach him he needs to sleep in his Moses basket now which is pulling on my heart strings!

9. TTChloexx

TTChloexx Well-Known Member

Sounds like you’re all doing really well ladies... you’re right though there really is no right or wrong and it feels like a big enough task just to get the basics done when you’re a FTM. We’ve managed to get out the odd day but the weather is just so crap it keeps you inside!
    Due to his stay in NICU I have been bottle feeding breast milk and let me tell you it is hard bloody work! Not only do I have to sort Jackson out every 2-3 hours, I then also have to pump for 25 mins every 3 hours. I have to be honest I’m struggling to keep up, but I do manage to pump roughly 1500ml every day so I’m building up a freezer stash quite quickly. One month in and there’s about 30 bags in there.

I keep telling myself that he’s getting my breast milk one way or the other, and it’s keeping me going, but realistically we will probably start to move over to formula when hubby goes back to work next week. Hopefully the stash I built up will at least see us through flu season, even if I’m just topping up his feeds with formula to stretch it out!
    His birth weight was 7 2 and he’s now 8 8 the little chunk! He takes 100ml 8 times a day.. such a little piggy!

Love to all you ladies, you’re all doing fab xxx

10. ChloB

ChloB Well-Known Member

Your doing amazing, I was one of the ones that rarely got dressed !!
    I actually got dressed more in the hospital when we was in for the week after she was born.
    As were bottle feeding, leaving the house makes me so anxious to feed her and I've no idea why???
    But I'm with you on the c section recovery, I need to be doing all the time and hate having to depend on others :(

Xx

11. ChloB

ChloB Well-Known Member

That's amazing that you've started a freezer supply!!!
    We rented a breast pump and it went back this week as last week I was struggling to make enough for one feed when pumping !!!
    But hubby was back at work and I agree when your trying to sort baby and work out when you'll Express it soesnt work !!
    I used to just pump to sooth my boobs in the end.
    But I think at least she had 6 weeks of breast milk and were now on formula.
    I actually cried last week when I realised that was it for me expressing :( xxx

12. ChloB

ChloB Well-Known Member

The wait for the jaundice side of things is horrible, Rosie didnt have to have light therapy but she was checked with heel pricks for about 10 days every day and that was awful to watch...she wasnt in the treatment zone for therapy but when we had a week in the hospital we did see the babies having it and at least you know it's the best thing for them xxxx
    Hope your all doing ok xxx

13. TTChloexx

TTChloexx Well-Known Member

Aw bless you! Thing is because of NICU I had to be on a strict schedule for my expressing so that has massively helped with my supply. 6 weeks is brill, well done you xxx

14. Elfs Mummy

Elfs Mummy Well-Known Member

We’re currently back in scbu :( hopefully we’ll be out tomorrow x

15. Aprilxxx

Awww sorry to hear this. How are things now?

How is everyone doing?

Our little baby is 19 days old now. We had to take him to the walk in yesterday he cried for 3 days in a row because he was constipated. His tummy ended up extremely bloated and he was so uncomfortable it was horrible to see. Apparently our baby doesn’t do well with the normal milk so we have had to swap to a thinner version and hopefully this helps him to the loo. Because he’s been poorly he’s gotten very used to only sleeping on it chests (rubbing his back was the only way to relieve him) so now he’s very fussy if we put him down! Hoping to start getting to grips with that as he improves!
    Xxx