Chart Stalkers January 2008

Hi , to anyone i havent said it to yet. I got a bit lost in this long post as i'm tired and are having cramps, but i wanted to say that for me cheaper tests didnt always work.
One cheap test did show a very very very faint line so decided to do a digital clearblue test the next day which showed straight away i was pregnant.
Can i ask if any of you are using the clearblue monitor as it sounds like everyone is using the sticks or temp guides? I used the monitor for only one month didnt have to do half of what it sounds like you guys are doing and have fallen first time after 12 years! I dont want to teach you how to suck eggs if you know what i mean but by god i was stressed after reading the posts and i didnt even make it to page 6!
Take care

Morning ladies :wave:

Hope you all escaped the snow - we had some forcast but apart from a couple of small flakes nothing happened....

Kitty I think it is a great idea for people to flag up any questions or queries they have with their charts - I try and stalk but by the time I have looked at them all I have forgotten whose was doing what when I come to type!!! Could just be my age though :rotfl: :rotfl:

I bet you will be glad to get this cycle out of the way though bless you it has seemed like a rollercoaster to me and I'm not you!! :rotfl:

Sookie how nice to see you back :wave: Really glad that you have sorted your flat now and that your pc is working....

OK I apologise in advance for the next bit - its probably just my post-pregnancy hormones on the rampage but Jollypops its lovely to have new people join our thread but telling us that its boring is not a great start - several people do use the CBFM but others choose to use OPK's and temps and have also been successful - I am sure you are very excited to get your BFP, as would all the ladies on this thread be too - but perhaps looking at the tone in which you jumped in with would be a good idea..... This is a support thread, as much about sharing our ups and downs as just monitoring the charts, I'm sorry you found it tedious but its not compulsory to read it..... OK rant over and welcome :wave:

reallyoldmum i'm sorry if you have taken it the wrong way but at no point did i say it was boring, just in fact that i couldnt keep up with all the info being given!
I am sorry if any of you have taken it the wrong way but believe me after 12 years of trying myself i am sure that i have quite a few tales, stories, tips and a very large shoulder to cry on.

My sentiments exactly, ROM.

Jollypops, it's great that you got your BFP after so long trying, but actually, it really doesn't make those of us who are still trying feel any better at all. To join the forum once you're pregnant, and then go around the 'trying to conceive' section telling us all that it'll happen one day comes across as quite patronising - this isn't the first post of yours that's upset me, but the first I've found impossible to ignore. Though I'm impressed at your industry - 33 posts when you joined only 3 days ago is going some, probably beats my record :rotfl: But please do think before posting. The thread titles give a clue as to their subject. This thread is for chart stalkers. Those of us who are using charts are obviously noting a lot of data - including whether or not we're using the CBEFM. If you had taken a look at the charts (which is, after all, the point of this thread), you'd have seen exactly who was using the CBEFM. You'd have also seen that it's not a panacea - given that last month it didn't detect ovulation for me at all, and this month didn't even show a high, it doesn't work for everyone. And yes, on this thread everyone is using temp guides, that is the point of charting temperatures! Please, if you would like to join the thread, don't barge in telling us we're boring (and ROM isn't the only one to take it that way) and that we should do things differently - but if you'd like to comment on our charts, and help with interpretation, you'd be very welcome.

Now, back to business! :lol:

to be read in the style of the Big Brother voiceover:
Day 33 in the Kitty household. The egg is still in the ovary, and the witch is hiding in the bathroom.There is nothing interesting happening on the chart

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, just trying to avoid thinking about TTC!

Babydust, hope your DH got the hint and came home early from the pub! He must have thought it was the perfect night! Sorry, I should have told you about your chart link - I edited it for you when I did the front page of this thread so that it would work, and I meant to PM you :oops:

loola, sorry I missed your birthday - what a rubbish one for you but I hope it got better! Perhaps you should have an official one in, ooh, approximately 14 days time?!

bagpuss, glad your pre-seed turned up! Last time I ordered some, Royal Mail sent it to East Norwood - despite my postcode - and delivered it to the same house number/road in that area :oops: Thank goodness the person there refused to take it because of the name!

ROM - glad the consultant appt went well, and FX for the scan next week. I think also that if you're tired and worried, you do start aching more - it's very common to hold the stress in the muscles in your shoulders and back. Perhaps you should treat yourself to an aromatherapy back massage over the weekend? You deserve a treat and some time out right now! :hug:

CB23, definitely looking good!

Mildly, glad you're still stalking :hug: I like your symptoms - I could cope with a bit of tiredness if it meant bigger boobs! Though I have problems finding bras as it is :( I'm a 30D - DD, which sounds like it should be Jordan pre-op size, but is actually only the same size boob as a 34B-C or 36A-B :? I'd love to know what it feels like to have a proper cleavage! :rotfl: As for the dates - I don't know, and I've given up trying to second-guess :x The Research detector does actually give me dashed CH for CD24, so you may be right, but I'm leaving it on Advanced for now.

:wave: to everyone else

Ok, as you may have guessed, I'm in a really bad mood today :evil: :roll: :lol: After the spotting on Wed eve, I really expected AF to arrive yesterday, but nothing. So this cycle is being dragged out even longer. We'd pretty much given up BDing later in the cycle, thinking I'd ov'ed on CD12, so I don't hold out any hope, I just want AF to come, for this cycle to be over, and the next one to start. Meanwhile, I'm wearing my baggy grey knickers in anticipation... :rotfl:

ok, all i say is good luck to you, i never meant any harm.
i promise i'll stay well away.

Morning ladies.......first sooo sorry about my rant the other day :oops: :oops: I've had a couple of days off and I'm feeling a bit better now. Will you forgive me and let me stalk again???
:?

Loola - Happy birthday for the other day. So sorry you were feeling poorly. It sounds exactly the same as what I had just before and over christmas. My temp went up to 37.98 which is again a whole 2 degrees higher than normal and it doesn't even show on my FF chart! It took a couple of days for it to completely come down again and I still like rubbish for quie a while after. Hope some retail therepy has eased your progress though :D

ROM - Good to hear you're on the road to recovery, hopefully the docs will give you the all clear to start TTC again soon.

Kitty - Such good news about you at the docs.... so glad it's nothing serious. Hopefully you'll get a BFP soon so you can put this wierd cycle behind you forever.

Sookie - :wave: so nice to see you back and glad you had a lovely holiday but what a pain to come back to a flood!! At least your computer is ok though.... :rotfl:

Mildly - glad you've not abandoned us now and good news that you're not having too many horrible symptoms.

Bagpuss - Get BDing lady and make the most of that pre-seed! :wink:

I'm a bit lost now so :wave: to everyone else....p.s. I'm loving all the new avatars

As for me, well.....after my little strop the other day I've decided to take some action, I've bought an online sperm test and ladiy fertilty test and I'm going to see what they throw up. My 'taking charge of your fertility' has turned up too, I've made a start on it but I've not got anything new from it as yet but I'm only two chapters in so there's still time. Whatever the results of the tests I'm going to give it one more month (that will be 8 months by then) and then I'm seeing the doc. I know they'll say wait for 12 but I'm now 31 and DH is 36 in Feb so we don't have loads of time to spare so I'm going to tell a little white lie and say we've been trying for over 12 months. I think I've OV'd yesterday or today with this cycle. My FF predicted date was for 31st Dec or 1st Jan and although I had a small amount of EWCM I still had - OPk's and my temps didn't rise much in the following days. I got home yesterday and had a bucket load of EWCM so I did an OPK just on the off chance and it was a really strong +. Probably the strongest one I've ever had so I lured DH into BDing last night. We haven't done it for a few days so it looks like last night was our only chance this month :( . I think it might have been delayed because I had been really poorly with the same fever that Loola's now got.

Anyway.....better get some work done now. Kitty - I think this post could challenge even yours.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:cheer: go Chrissy go - temps look as if they are rising and with a + opk things are looking good :D by the way do you work for a well known phone company???? Dave did a load of ice in Hanley for their christmas party a couple of weeks before christmas....

Kitty love the big pant thing going on - I am insisting on wear mine at all times now just incase!! Problem is its all a bit Briget Jones here - Dave loves them :wink:

Loola hope you got some lovely things with your money - I've come down with this horrid lurgy thing too - horrible chest last two days - today I cant stop sneezing and my ears feel all bunged up..... I also had the worst backache and frightened myself to death that it was related to my ectopic but talking to my mum and daughter who have both had this virus it seems to be a symptom..... Anyway the back is better today but I am going to spend most of it in bed with a good book - I'm back to work on Monday so making the most of it.....

Welcome back Chrissy :hug: :hug: fingers crossed last night did the trick :pray: what does the lady fertility test do? I'm intrigued!

Kitty :think: did you get a response from the FF people to asking for help the other day? I wonder if you have ov'd in the period after you stopped using the OPK's and monitor?

ROM glad it went well at the docs, when will you the blood test results? Everything crossed for your scan - how is your back feeling today?

Mildly :hug: good to see you, glad everything is going well. Have you made your docs appointment yet?

Bagpuss I can't believe how many days of EWCM you have had in one cycle - is that a record?

Babydust I hope your DH came back sober enough :lol: :lol:

Sookie fingers crossed you ov soon :pray:

No further news here, the wait is interminable, I still have sore boobs and very sensitive nipples. I'm off out for dinner tonight and most definitely not drinking, which I'm sure will raise a few eyebrows as they are a group of close friends who knew about the mc. Will have to think of a white lie.

:( well the night didnt go to plan dh came back drunk as a skunk :wall: when i heard him coming in i used the pre seed and waited for him, 10 mins later i went down stair to investigate and found dh sleeping on the chair, so i was not happy, but didnt want to put presure on him so i slapped him a bit until he woke up and pulled him to bed but i could see that he was no good for anything so i put my i pod in to drown out his snoring and went to sleep :roll:
i could have killed him when he woke this morning (late for work) and asked what his present was last night :shakehead:
anyway there is still a chance i will need to give it a go when he gets in from work i can feel ov pain today so i dont think i have missed it :wink:
i better go and get the house work done i will be back later to stalk.

:rotfl: at kitty's pants, and why do men like big pants my dh is the same but i refuse to wear them unless i really need to :think: might get them out tonight
jollypops i agree with rom, we have been doing charting for some time now and although for someone just coming in it might seem a bit unnessessary but it has actually helped alot of us and the charts have been very useful for the few of us who have been to the dr's about ttc

Thanks so much for all my birthday wishes ladies! Very kind of you indeed! I did get a bit of shopping done, bought 'Knocked Up' on DVD - You never know it may become a good omen, haha! (I really bought it to perv over Paul Rudd - Think Ill wait for about 14 days to watch it, Im sure Ill have alot more CM after watching him! sorry! :rotfl: :oops: ) I also bought American Psycho DVD in the sales - think Ill watch that this week as all the blood and gore isnt going to do anything for my sex life.
The only good thing about a birthday this close to Christmas and New Year is SALES!! I bought some gorgeous sexy underwear, corset thingy. Hope it looks as sexy on. Im looking forward to BDing again, oh yes!
Oh and the best birthday present to myself was a new hoover! :rotfl:

Anyhoo, ROM - so glad things are start to get better for you. :)

Mildly - Let us know as soon as you start experiencing any symptoms - we need to know when to expect them!

CB - Im :pray: ing this is your month, the last 2ww for me seemed to last an enternity, so I know how you feel. Fingers crossed this is your month :)

Sookie, Babydust and Bagpuss - I so hope you have ovulated and done lots of BDing, hope you catch those eggs!

Chrissy - Glad you are still here, I always feel down when AF arrives but pick myself back up again and get excited about trying again - I always think there was something I didnt do right last time so know Ill do it better next time. Im thinking of getting fertility tests for me and my OH too, I cant bear to wait another 4 months of trying without knowing if there is a problem - unfortunately my Doc knows when we started TTC so I cant lie. Let me know how the testing goes and if it is simple to use.

Kitty - This must be driving you mad!! I so hope something happens soon, even if it is AF, just for peace of mind at least. :hug:

Everyone else :wave: Hope you are all doing well.

Well my temp has gone back to normal and can now been seen on my chart. Havent a clue what that fever was about, I presume it was AF just being particularly nasty. Im feeling ok - had a headache for the past few days. I had a job interview this morning, which went better than I thought it would, still dont think Ive got a hope in hell of getting it, but at least I tried and I wasnt nervous. However I felt really uncomfortable as AF has been really heavy this time (sorry TMI) and after the interview I thought I was going to pass out, started seeing stars in my eyes (thankfully not with Matthew Kelly). I managed to get through it thankfully. That would have been very embarrassing.

Good luck to all of you around OV time and extra special good luck to those of you near testing :cheer: :hug:

thanks for letting me back ladies...I was a bit worried you would have struck me off.... :rotfl:

ROM - yes I do work for a well known phone company. I am a PA for the senior management team. My job involves me spending most of my day posting on here... :D

CB23 - I havent got a clue what the lady one is but it was only and extra £3 so I thought what the hell. I just hope it's just not some OPK's because I've already got ruddy hundreds of them! I'm keeping my fx for you though....it's all looking good. I always find that driving is the best excuse for not drinking because no-one questions it or tries to persuade you to drink then either.

Babydust - Really sorry but :rotfl: :rotfl: at your DH coming home leathered and then asking you this morning what his pressie was. I would have been tempted to throw something at him. That's exactly the kind of thing that my DH would end up doing.

Loola - I went see knocked up when it was at the cinema and I really enjoyed it....it's a good mix of chick flick and boy film so it's perfect for couples. FX that your interview was sucessful, when will you hear??? when I had that fever I had high temps for 2 days on FF but I was feeling poorly and really really dizzy for about a week after. Every time I moved I thought I was going to pass out. hope you feel better soon

xxx

:hug:

Thanks Chrissy! I should find out either today or Monday. Its for a promotion from what Im doing already, but would mean a 4K payrise which would be very nice. The only thing is I probably wouldnt get away with coming on here so much :wink:

Glad you had fun shopping Loola and fingers crossed you got the promotion!

Chrissy I can't say I'm driving as I am meeting them in central London - will pretend I have a bad back (well it is slightly achey) and am on painkillers.

Antibiotics is always a good one CB23 everyone knows you are not supposed to drink whilst taking those :wink:

Chrissy Dave did do the ice for your party then - hope it was a good one - from experience if you used the vodka luge it causes awful headaches the next day!!!!! Its great that you can still get on this site from work - where I used to work blocked it..... :( Problem with being self employed is I spend too much time on here and not enough time building my business!! :rotfl:

Not actually starting again until Monday - no one wants to know about recruitment the first week back after New Year - but by next week everyone is thinking about changing their jobs I find :D Hopefully following my scan on Tuesday I will be able to concentrate better - been awful for the past 12 weeks - kept on looking up my symptoms on line!!

Fingers Crossed Loola - it would be a lovely way to start the new year and an extra £4K would be excellent too..... :D

Hi guys :wave:

Chrissy - sorry to hear that you are feeling down. AF is a drag, but soon you can be looking forward to another chance :)

ROM - best not to go back to work until you feel ready. You have been through an ordeal. PLus when you're your own boss you can chooses your own hours! :hug:

Loola - good luck with the promotion and happy birthday :cheer: Hope it was good and you are feeling better. Is AF letting up yet? I get off very lightly (haha) only 3 days max, and one that is heavy (sorry tmi).

Kitty - :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: It's possible you Oed on CD21 or CD24, and although it's a long shot you are still in with a chance if AF hasn't shown. Did you use preseed? that would help with the time factor for BDing.

Babydust Claire - sorry about DH getting drunk and being useless :hug: But you can try today and I guess given what he went through recently he can't be put under too much pressure (hope I have the right Claire??? the health scare?)

Hold on CB23 - I hate the 2ww but it is looking good for you. :hug:

Hope I haven't forgot anyone.

Jollypops - have to say that when I saw your post I too wanted to comment on it like ROM and Kitty, but wasn't sure how to put it as nicely as them. I think that your success with the CBFM is great but think that it is more likely that it says more about your lack of info/data collecting from 12 years of ttc, than it does about our doing too much. Either you were extremely lucky that month and the CBFM had nothing to do with it, or you had been unaware of when you were ovulating for 12 years and had missed each opportunity.

I have to say re jollypops post I am amazed at how little I knew before charting, it has been so useful to me. I never knew until I got the FF email course that you had different types of CM at different times of the cycle - I did notice that there were different types but thought that was a just a random thing. I certainly never even considered that they signified different levels of fertility. For me its been a real eye opener and I have learnt so much from this thread, from all of you and from FF.

I don't think, for me, getting a CBFM would make any difference at all. Every cycle so far (3) all my fertility signs all point to the same day so I think I can rely on them, therefore I don't believe that a CBFM will help me get pregnant, I'm happy with my temping and opk's, I find it all quite easy now I'm in the swing of it.

I just want to say if anyone thinking of charting is reading this don't be put off, it isn't difficult, there isn't too much information to take in, it isn't boring and you don't need expensive equipment, just a thermometer and some internet cheapie OPK's. And Fertility Friend is free too, as is the support you get on this thread!

Blimey - it's been busy on here!
No point looking at my chart - AF not away yet - but my temp has been very up and down. This might be due to the fact this is my 3rd day in bed with nasty cold/cough thingy - sounds like some of you have had it too!
Shame it was the last 3 days of the holidays though :(

On the topic of jollypops post - I too think I have learned a lot already from FF and here about CM etc - I did not have a clue before! And I think it is a bit insensitive possibly to say that those who chart are wasting their time.

Well my head is banging and I have not got a hope of remembering who is doing what! So I'll just say i hope everyone is OK, good luck if you're testing, enjoy all the BDing, and glad you got on ok at docs rom.

There have been a lot of BFPs on the forum this week! But I suppose it's not surprising seeing as that's why we're here!

:wave:

CB23 said:
I have to say re jollypops post I am amazed at how little I knew before charting, it has been so useful to me. I never knew until I got the FF email course that you had different types of CM at different times of the cycle - I did notice that there were different types but thought that was a just a random thing. I certainly never even considered that they signified different levels of fertility. For me its been a real eye opener and I have learnt so much from this thread, from all of you and from FF.

I don't think, for me, getting a CBFM would make any difference at all. Every cycle so far (3) all my signs point to ov'ing at the same day, therefore I don't believe that a CBFM will help me get pregnant, I'm happy with my temping and opk's, I find it all quite easy now I'm in the swing of it.

I just want to say if anyone thinking of charting is reading this don't be put off, it isn't difficult, there isn't too much information to take in, it isn't boring and you don't need expensive equipment, just a thermometer and some internet cheapie OPK's. And Fertility Friend is free too, as is the support you get on this thread!

Here here.....

I was suprised how much I learned from those FF lessons too. they are really useful. Since I've been charting I've learned more about my cycles and spotting fertility signs than I eve knew......and it's so much easier than I though it would be

Afternoon all!

I'm just taking deep breaths after reading Jollypops post, will not comment further except to say :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead:

ROM - I think I have had so many days of EWCM because I was due to ov a week ago, my body was building up to it but I was ill which I think delayed it.

Finally I have a + on the opks!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Also got cramps to go with it, always get that around the time I'm due to ov. No tender boobies yet though which I also normally get.

Chrissy - You daft apeth (love that saying :D ) as if you'd ever be struck off the chart stalkers. Glad to hear that you are feeling more positive :) Let us know how the fertility tests go, very interested to hear about that.

Babydust = I bet you were really miffed last night. All is not lost though if you can BD tonight :D

Mildly - LOL, laughing about the comment regarding your boobs. I'm on the small side in that department and was really looking forward to having big boobs when I was pg with my son. They didn't go up even one size! How unfair :( I know they say that breast size has no correlation to the ability to breast feed but my milk never came in. My son was born a few weeks early too and didn't have a sucking reflex so between us we just couldn't breast feed.

Chart stalkers - my temps have been really low since I was ill over xmas, abnormally so I would say. What do you think?

:wave: everybody else

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back