Chart Stalkers January 2008

Kitty that was a brilliant post!! Most informative! Im really glad all is well with you. Im looking forward to charting properly next time even more now, as Ill have evidence for the Doc if I dont conceive soon.

Interesting about the i/c HPT's, even though I think we all knew they were pretty rubbish, its good to hear that Docs wont use them anymore. I dont think Im going to bother buying them again. I have 2 Clearblue Digitals in my drawer, waiting for a month where I feel that I REALLY might be pregnant. Ooh I cant wait to start charting!! AF hasnt arrived yet mind, but Im pretty sure she will soon.

My kitchen window sill is resembling a pharmacy-tub of folic acid, magic medicine just purchased (cough mix with guafanisen ), zinc for hubby and just one question, is vitamin b6 good for him or me or both of us to take?

Hi all

Kitty - I'm glad the doctor has put your mind at ease, that's good news! :D

It's also good to know that docs look at temp charting seriously. My doc knows I have only just started ttc and she said to go back in a year if i hadn't got pregnant. :think:
But I think I will go armed with my charts if I haven't got anywhere after 6 months of timing it right! I'm 30 now and the doc said herself, I'm not as fertile now as i used to be! Which actually I thought was a bit depressing although I know it's true. A friend of mine who is 27 recently had a baby and she was classed as an older mother! :rotfl:

Hope everyone else is OK. Don't give up Chrissy, that BFP could be just around the corner!

I feel terrible today - sore throat, sneezing, headache etc. So i was interested that my temperature is lower than yesterday!
I can't wait for AF to leave now so I can get to it, although I am terrified my temps will never go up and I will find out I'm not ovulating or something. Is it normal to feel like that? I am a total worrier already so I am a little concerned to what extent my fretting will increase to. DH better prepare himself for an interesting 6 months!

:wave:

Meh!! AF has arrived. :( Well Im spotting anyway and have proper cramps. I find this particularly bitchy of her as I had hoped she would stay away til Friday at least so I could have had a birthday fook! :wink: I ovulated 2 days late this month too so was expecting to have a 31 day cycle, but im only on day 28. Curious!! I think Ill just forget about this month, and Ive started charting properly now. Full steam ahead!!

kmac - that's the problem with temping, espec the first cycle. Also, the FF chart expands or reduces to fit your temp range, so what looks like a mountain when you've only been temping for 3 days gets reduced to a molehill by the end of the cycle. At least your temp going down shows your thermometer's working :lol:

scones - I don't know about b6, I'm afraid. I take Pregnacare because it has folic acid and B vitamins as well as all the others. It is more expensive though. If nobody else knows, I'll check my tub later and see how much B6 it contains.

ok, here's stage one in the Get Fit to Conceive plan!

what's everyone doing on Sunday 30th March (TrudyScrumptious in particular!)? I've found a nice little race near Worcester, just off the M5/A44. Scenic countryside, a couple of fences to climb over (so it's a slow race, which is good, and no traffic, which is even better), medals for all finishers, no time limit, and best of all, this race is top-rated for its CAKES! oh yes, that's right. Finish the race and you get a scrummy cake or three... :lol: :dance: It's only 6 miles (10k), which is about an hour or so for a beginner/slow runner (a bit longer if the ground is soft and allowing for stiles!), and is easily achievable in 3 months even if you're a couch potato now. If you're interested, let me know - and if you're interested but worried, I can help you with a training plan that will get you round. Usually what happens is that the fast people race, and others use it as a social occasion - there are always groups of people at the back chatting, me amongst them! For all those of you who made it a New Year's resolution to get fit, here's your chance :wink:

kmac said:
But I think I will go armed with my charts if I haven't got anywhere after 6 months of timing it right! I'm 30 now and the doc said herself, I'm not as fertile now as i used to be! Which actually I thought was a bit depressing although I know it's true. A friend of mine who is 27 recently had a baby and she was classed as an older mother! :rotfl:

I can't wait for AF to leave now so I can get to it, although I am terrified my temps will never go up and I will find out I'm not ovulating or something. Is it normal to feel like that? I am a total worrier already so I am a little concerned to what extent my fretting will increase to. DH better prepare himself for an interesting 6 months!

Don't let the Doc tel you you're old. Yes your slightly less fertile than in your 20's but my Doc told me that I have plenty of time left I'm 31. I know what you mean about O/V worries. I used to worry about that too but the charting helps you to see quite quickly wether you are or not. I had a day 21 blood test which said I didn't OV but according to my chart I did. I've had another this month and see the doc tomnorrow so if it says I have OV then I'm gonna push for more tests coz my chart says I have. That's the cool thing about charting it can tell you so much from 1 little thing like your temp.

Chrissy - hang in there. I felt like giving up but the charting really helped me to take control and within 3 months of charting I was pg. But you need to make whatever decision is good for you.

Kitty - glad the Doc has made things clearer. Not so sure about a Triathalon any time soon. You regularly do 4 miles :shock: I think I'm slightly unfitter than you.

CB23 and Loola FX

Scones - i couldn't understand why I wasn't pg in my 1st month!!! Oh if only I knew! No one tells you it's not as easy as you think it is.

OMG, how chatty have you all been today, it's hard to keep up. LO is having a nap, thank goodness he's running me ragged today.

Kitty - Things sound so much more positive for you after going to the docs. That's really useful what he said regarding the internet cheapies. I have clearblue digitals waiting at the ready.

For now I'd be satisfied if I could ovulate. Another huge temp dip today. I had a few glasses of bubbly last night, I seem to be getting dodgy temps after drinking this cycle whereas last cycle it didn't affect my temp at all.

Had really stringy, stretchy CM earlier. Will BD again tonight, out of pre-seed though :( Hopefully my new supply will arrive tomorrow. Just hope that I do ov, the latest I've ever ov'd is CD 28/29 so I'm still in with a chance.

Struggling to remember who's at what stage, :hug: :hug: to anybody whose AF has arrived or looks to be around the corner. Lets hope it's the last visit she pays you until at least another 9 months.

B6 question, I think it's a womans vitamin it helps balance out hormones. It's one you can take through out your cycle. I started it this cycle but had IBS pains and couldn't decide whether it was partly due to that (don't think it was). I'm going to start taking it again after I've ov'd. Others take it throughout the cycle.

CB23 - Your chart is looking fab, fingers crossed for you hun.

:wave: everybody else

Thanks Trudyscrumptious.

Scones & Loola - sorry AF got you, hope you can enjoy your birthday anyway Loola?!

Kitty - I can't run for toffee, so I shall use the convenient excuse of living a bit too far away to participate in the run!

There have been quite a few posts today Bagpuss, I agree.
I'm still on holiday so am checking very frequently to see if there is anything new! Think I might get to my 100th post today if I keep going!

kmac said:
Thanks Trudyscrumptious.

Scones & Loola - sorry AF got you, hope you can enjoy your birthday anyway Loola?!

Kitty - I can't run for toffee, so I shall use the convenient excuse of living a bit too far away to participate in the run!

There have been quite a few posts today Bagpuss, I agree.
I'm still on holiday so am checking very frequently to see if there is anything new! Think I might get to my 100th post today if I keep going!

Thanks Kmac - I LOVE your new avatar! :D Im sure I will still have a good birthday. Im feeling quite down at the moment. Im still emotionally drained after yesterdays news (my Brother left his wife and 2 little kids that Im really close to), AF has arrived early!! and the weather forecast has predicted snow in Swansea tomorrow!! I bloomin hate snow! (terrified of falling over :rotfl: ) I wanted to go for a really nice walk tomorrow! Hopefully the forecast is wrong as usual.

On the upside my OH has been really supportive this time and positive about next month, and he seems to be trying as hard as me now which is good. :) Im looking forward to seeing if Notty gets her BFP tomorrow!! :pray:

Hey Loola
Sorry to hear your news about your brother. It's bound to get you down a bit. :hug:
Let's hope our first months of proper charting prove successful. Good news about your OH being supportive and as keen as you are! :)

I want an avatar, what do I need to do to get one?

Also, if you wake up earlier than your alarm do you take your temp then or wait for your alarm to go off?

Bagpuss17 said:
I want an avatar, what do I need to do to get one?

Also, if you wake up earlier than your alarm do you take your temp then or wait for your alarm to go off?

I got my avatar at the same place as kitty - http://www.avatarist.com
I saved it as a picture to my pc, then attached it to my profile.
I'm sure there must be loads of other sites you can use as well, if you google it, but they had lots of cat ones on there!

I suppose it depends how soon before your alarm you wake up whether you take your temp? I woke up at 5 this morning but just waited til 6 as the alarm would be going anyway for DH to get up.

Loola where in Swansea do you live? My two children were born in Morriston hospital and my best friend is still there - I lived in Waurnarlwydd and Llangyfelach for 12 years!! Only remember it snowing once there and that was in 1987.......

Kitty I have pm'd you re your doctors visit - so glad it was good news.

Kitty glad it went well with the doctors and very interesting info, particularly on how long it takes hormones to get back to normal after a miscarriage.

Loola sorry she got you :(

Bagpuss have fun ;)

Hi to everyone else! Just been :cry: ing at Big Cat Diaries, but that isn't unusual!

CB23 - We're recording the Big Cat Diaries, I find it hard to watch because it always makes me :cry: too.

Thanks for the avatar info Kmac, I'll get onto it. I did google it but didn't find anything useful, my search criteria was obviously pants.

Hi Guys!!!!

Well am back home and only a few disasters to report. Well we came home to find the apartment flooded - main bathroom toilet broken - and our computers that were locked in a suitcase in the spare bedroom were all soaked through. The water had pooled under the case and wet everything. :cry:

DEVASTATED! DH was a mess... Computers are a big priority. Well his was working but mine not. We took it apart and left a fan blowing on the parts, and lo and behold, today it worked! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: So I have spent the day cleaning and backing up work :roll: But am a happy gal that I can still have my own laptop to chat to you guys. t's o now but the keyboard is playing up. When mine wasn't working yesterday I told DH that we would have to set up a schedule to share his and he looked very concerned. We are both at home for the next 2 weeks.

Anyway, am glad to be home from the holiday and stocked to hear Mildly's news. Fantastic!!! :cheer:

Kitty, cute avatar. Hi to Loola and Kmac, and any other newbies I have missed. :wave:

Well we got plenty of BDing in over the holidays but I didn't Ov. Should do in the next week or so, so the new years res is to keep it up - every second day :lol: I think I iwll start temping again tomorrow too, might be able to catch the elusive O. Am still struggling with the ferning microscope.

My good news is that when I got home my study materials that were detained by customs had arrived, and my herbs for her and preseed. So am all set for Jan! :cheer:

Re B6 - I take 50mg a day - much more than in a multivitamin, and my LP went from 11 days to 14 days last cycle. Could of course be a coincidence though.

When I have a proper slide show of photos from our trip I will post the link for anyone that is interested.

Hey Sookie - glad you had a great holiday but :eek: at you coming home to a mess :( pleased your computer is working again and looking forward to seeing the pics.

Nice avatar Bagpuss - I looked at that one too as it looks like one of my cats! :)

Thanks Kmac, it's very striking isn't it? I love black cats, I don't have one myself though. I've got a white cat with black patches, a tabby, a grey and white and a ginger cat.

Sookie, welcome back :D Glad to hear I'm not the only one with an elusive ov! Sounds like you are also well armed for your next cycle if you don't get your BFP this time, hopefully you will though.

Ooh Spooky Bagpuss - my black kitty has green eyes but your av is so similar to this pic of him

DSC_0109-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back