chart stalkers

Hi all,

Mildly, you are so disciplined. I don't test before AF is due because it would cause too much disappointment unless I was experiencing symptoms like with my son. I'm sure you would be able to detect a BFP by now. Can't wait to hear your news on the 1st!!! Imagine that eh, New Years day and a BFP to go with it. Fabulous :D

Well, my weird cycle is continuing. I had a huge temp dip this morning, I had to stare at the thermometer for ages to double check. Took it again and it was marginally lower so it wasn't the thermometer playing up. Although I think I will buy a new one just in case as this is over a couple of years old.

I will post a question in the vip questions list, thanks for that Mildly.

I've had cramps the last 2 days, it may be a sign that ov is on it's way as I tend to get cramps around the time of ovulation. Did an opk this afternoon and it was a faint line but stronger than yesterday. So will test again later today.

It's all been weird for me this month, I never get faint lines all through my cycle like this.

FF has mentioned that you can get huge temp fluctuations when you have no ovulation or delayed ovulation. Hopefully it's the latter.

Gosh Kitty, it really is difficult to work out which day you've ov'd on. Both look possible but as you say neither are conculsive.

Are you not tempted to test?

We could have 2 BFPs here this week, that would be the best start to the New Year :D

Hi again all,

Mildly - sounding sooooooo good! FX!

Bagpuss - I was getting faint lines on OPKs all month. That's why I gave up testing. They were marginally stronger around CD12-16(!) but had faded to very faint by CD21 - however, still detectable.

I'm not tempted to test because I haven't a clue when AF is due, and also because everything looks so unpromising this month. Also, I tested an i/c HPT on about CD9, when I knew I couldn't be pg, to check out evaps. Sure enough, I got a faint pink line towards the end of the 10-min limit. What I don't know is whether it's an evap, an indentation shadow or a dye leach. What I do know is that I don't want to risk any of that again, especially after the chemical (though this line wasn't as strong as the faint lines I had then...) - I'd rather wait till I'm sure I've ov'ed, then count 16+ days from then and do a decent, not-too-sensitive test. I've had enough of praying and hoping that faint lines will get stronger...

Oh, and if I wait till at least New Year's Day, I can have a couple of glasses of champagne on New Year's Eve without feeling guilty or worrying! :rotfl:

Hmm, I think I should give up testing too but it's so difficult when you're addicted to poas :D

Well good luck anyhow Kitty, you enjoy yourself with a couple of glasses (or more) of Champers over New Year :D

Going to cost me a fortune, as I'm off work at the mo I've been testing twice a day, whereas normally it would just be once a day.

Had lots of egg white CM the last time I went to the loo so I'm hoping I haven't missed ov.

Will enjoy New Year and have some bubbly too.

Bagpuss, I hope you are BDing like crazy now ;)

Kitty, that sounds like a good plan waiting for +16 days. I've lost count of the times that I've looked on the FF message boards and seen people posting so-faint-that-I'm-not-sure-they-are-there lines at 6DPO. Now I like to POAS as much as the next girl but that would totally drive me crazy month after month! :D

loola, at this point I can kinda kid myself I might be pregnant without the disappointment of a BFN :rotfl: I have a digital along with a lot of ICs all ready to go though ;)

Hi Ladies
Although I'm not charting yet I have been checking back here every day to see what's happening! It sounds hopeful for a few of you so good luck!

I am now on day 33 of my cycle and no sign of AF. I keep thinking I am having cramps but it doesn't last long. My last cycle was longer than this so not getting my hopes up. I did do a test a few days ago but it was negative. If AF hasn't turned up by New Year's Day I think I will test again as that will be day 35. You never know! If I'm not pregnant I wish AF would just hurry up so I can get on with the next cycle and temping etc.

Hope you all have a nice New Year. I am just staying in with husband and cats. Hope the telly is good!

:)

Hi Kmac, how long was your last cycle?

I have long cycles too, they're a bit irregular after having my son 18 months ago. I'm on CD21 and no sign of having ov'd yet so I'm in for a long one.

Fingers crossed for you that you get a BFP this month.

I will be staying in with DH, LO (tucked up in bed) and our 4 cats this New Year too. Just how I like it :D

Happy New Year to everybody!

Hi Bagpuss
My last cycle was 40 days long , but (and I posted a few times during it!) I had flu, and a UTI and was on antibiotics. Have also had the antibiotics again this cycle (pesky UTI) so that might be having an effect. :?
My 2 cycles before that were both around 25 days I think.

I came off the pill a year ago but have never been regular since. Have mentioned this to doc but she said not to worry about it and just to BD every other day as it would be difficult to work out when I was ovulating.
I haven't BD'd as often as that this cycle, but there's always a chance we struck at the right time! I also had mid(?)-cycle spotting for the first time this cycle but if that was a sign then surely the test I did the other day would have been positive? :think:
Have also noticed sore boob which I don't usually get, but I could just be looking for signs!

Who knows!! It's all very confusing! That's why I am hoping to get a better idea what's going on by charting.

I think I must be getting old as it's no contest to me - staying in for New Year or going out? Would always much rather be at home :oops:

LOL, we have a lot in common Kmac. Prefer staying at home on New Years Eve, have long cycles, UTIs, like cats .... :D

How many days past ov are you? Do you know?

Charting is useful to give you an insight into what's going on, that's for sure.

We're trying to BD every other day too this cycle, at least if you have irregular cycles it will help to try and catch the right time for ovulation.

Looloa - If you manage to hold off testing until 1st you could be our first BFP of 2008 :cheer: :cheer: I'll be keeping everything crossed for you :pray:

Well in keeping with the I'm having a month off thing :fib: .... I'm still temping everyday and I'm POAS twice a day just to see if I can catch OV. I think it's any day now because my temps are going down by the minute and my OPK's are getting stronger lines n each day.

We're going to a friends for a party tomorrow night so I might have to take a quick nip upstairs with DH when no-one's looking see if we can get a quickie in!! :rotfl:

Happy New year girls.... Here's to 2008 being our year for BFP's :hug: :hug:

Bagpuss17 said:
LOL, we have a lot in common Kmac. Prefer staying at home on New Years Eve, have long cycles, UTIs, like cats .... :D

How many days past ov are you? Do you know?

Charting is useful to give you an insight into what's going on, that's for sure.

We're trying to BD every other day too this cycle, at least if you have irregular cycles it will help to try and catch the right time for ovulation.

Hi Bagpuss
Yes we do have lots in common! Shame about the UTIs though!
Absolutely no idea when I ovulated so can't work anything out!
Definitely feels like AF on the way though.
DH very excited at the prospect of every other day once AF been and gone. Bless. :rotfl:

Chrissy you would win the award for the most unusual places to bed - wasnt it last month your DH was going to come into work??? :rotfl:

Kitty I am joining you in the wine and champagne - starting off with a large amaretto floater coffee - Dave is at work, Han has gone back home to uni as she has to work tomorrow night and Josh is sleeping off last nights festivities!!! Got a text at 3.00 am asking me if his girlfriend could sleep - imagine their surprise when they walked in and found me sitting in the kitchen - their faces were a picture but not as funny as Dave's who slept through it all and walked into the bathroom this morning to find one very pretty 18 year old just wrapped in a towel!!! I think for one minute he thought it was a late christmas pressie!!! :rotfl: Feel I should have done that Mother Son chat earlier!!!

Bagpuss I am sorry your cycle is mucking you around again - it amazes me how long I took BC for and having stopped it how long it is taking to get pregnant!!

Welcome kmac - I hope your stay with us will be very short.

Mildly good luck tomorrow night - which type of test are you using????

Loola I hope you dont have to start charting sore boobies are a great sign.

Babydust its January in one day so lets hope that little boy egg is getting ready to rippen...... :pray:

It will be nice to have you back Sookie but I hope you had a great holiday and have brought a little something extra home :D

I hope I havent forgotten anyone...... Well I appear to be 6 dpo and for the first time ever I hope the tww goes quick with AF at the end of it - think my consultant will go mad if we went and caught that egg again last week :oops:

This is a chart stalker/cat lover thread :lol: I have 3, the last one was an accident. I'm not allowed anymore now :(

If only it was so easy to acquire a baby! :lol:

LOL - CB23 - your last cat was an accident?

I think I can empathise with that one. I was fostering a little ginger kitten for the Cats Protection and we fell in love. He never moved out :D He was our last feline addition, no more now. 4 is enough. Love them to bits though. Pets are wonderful additions to any family. We hope to have a dog in the future too, not for a few years yet though.

Off to get some BD'ing in now :D TMI :oops:

We really are all mad cat ladies!! Brilliant! I used to work for the Cats Protection League. I had to clean the litter trays of over 100 cats daily - that was fun as you can probably imagine! I now just have the 2, a boy and a girl, Rio & Coco. Coco has a boyfriend too which is the sweetest thing. He comes to call for her and they go out to play together. Who needs babies eh!?

Anyway, back to charting. I sooo wish I had charted properly this month as it would help ease my mind so much about whether I could be pregnan or not. I got 'Taking Charge of Your Fertility' yesterday, and its amazing!! Its going to be my bible. I have learnt so much more already, and I feel so much more confident about getting pregnant now. My biggest fear is that my OH may have a low sperm count, but the book doesnt take this as too much of a problem, you just have to time your bedding more carefully which has taken a weight off my mind. I dont think Ill ever use 'prescribed' contraception again even when Im not TTC.

Loola
Have you got the 'Charting your way to conception' lessons from fertility friend.com?
I have found them to be really interesting - I have learned a few things!

kmac said:
Loola
Have you got the 'Charting your way to conception' lessons from fertility friend.com?
I have found them to be really interesting - I have learned a few things!

Yeah, I get emails every day. They really are useful :D . Because I didnt know I had to take my temp very first thing at the beginning of my cycle, I havent bothered to do it properly this month as it wouldnt have been a true chart, next month though if Im not pregnant this time, Im going to do it properly. If only Id known as much about CM and temps back in May when we started TTC. I feel like I wasted the first 6 months of trying as we got it so wrong when I think back. I really was so clueless. You are taught in school that you can get pregnant anytime, and I really thought that everyone ovulated half way between their periods at the same time every month. No wonder we havent conceived yet. Its quite liberating understanding whats going on with your body. I feel very feminine all of a sudden! haha!

Morning all!
Looks like AF is here. I am actually quite relieved as it means this cycle was more of a 'normal' length than the last one!
So now I can start charting although I missed my temperature this morning as I'd already got up and stuff before AF started. Is it OK to start charting from day 2?
Will get on ff now and see if I can figure out how to set my chart up!
Hope everyone has a good day! :wave:

Morning :wave:

kmac, sorry AF arrived :hug: Yep it's no problem charting from day 2 just remember to put in a light, med or heavy flow indicater with no temp so today so the length of your cycle is still correct :) Last month I think I charted from day 5 or so as I was waiting for my thermometer to arrive.

Loola, I can't believe how clueless I was about my own body until I started charting. I swear they make out getting pregnant is easy in biology lessons to scare girls out of teenage sex :roll:

Bagpuss, I hope you caught the egg last night ;) FXed for you :)

CB :rotfl: an accidental cat? I feel a bit left out, I'm allergic to cats :( We had two when I was growing up and I had a permanent cold until I moved out! I have my dog now (whom I stole off my parents ;) )

ROM, I think that was me :oops: My OH threatened to come to work to bed me if I ovulated on the day I was working late :lol: I have internet cheapies, and clearblue normal and a clearblue digital for the 12.05am testing! Hopefully something will show on one of them :pray:

Chrissy, have fun BDing on the coat pile ;) :lol: FXed for you too :)

Well temp rise again today :cheer: I really hope this is it for us! After 11 months it would be an amazing way to start the year!

Happy New Year to everyone for tomorrow :cheer: May 2008 bring us all lots of babydust :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back