Chart Stalkers January 2008

Hope everything turns out OK at the docs Kitty.
My resolution is to think positively and try not to get too obsessed with ttc.
I also need to get back to exercising a bit - have done zilch for weeks now!
Here's to lots of BFP's in 2008!!
:D

sorry Loola - internet cheapies. The dodgy strips with blue ends. Dodgy because the dye runs, you get evap lines and all sorts so unless it's a really strong line (like Mildly's :lol: ) you're never very sure of what you're seeing.

Here's one from 3 days ago, I've just uploaded the pic. The line is slightly stronger in real life, but it's still faint. The thing is, they've been like this for weeks. If you can't see anything, I wouldn't be surprised!

resized.jpg

[edit - and if you do see something, and think it looks like an evap, PLEASE tell me before I make a fool of myself! :rotfl: ]

Ah! Thanks for the explanation Kitty! I can definitely see a faint line. Hmmm, its all very strange! Good luck at the Docs tomorrow. :hug: I really hope you have some good news, or at least an explanation as to what is going on.

Id been using i/c ovulation tests this month, as I always do, but i got some from a different company this time. I tested positive (the test line was stronger than the control line) every day for over a week. Thankfully I started testing quite early and didnt believe them, and luckily I had some others left over from the month before which are also i/cs but are much more reliable. They are rubbish arent they! but I suppose they would be for the price.

Kitty are you going to go to the docs tomorrow?

I can see a faint line but I'm undecided whether it has colour or not. If it doesn't I'm thinking it may be an evap line although uselessly I'm not sure I've ever seen one before :think: Is there a chance that you took the picture out of the time limit? Do evaps appear sometimes within the time limit?

Heh, I was really worried when I did the IC this morning, it didn't show for ages. Both Clearblues came up pretty much immediately. I think the moral is if in doubt do a Clearblue :rotfl:

Kitty - get OH to do a test at the same time as you and see if the results are the same.

Right lady now I know you are thinking along the same lines get yourself down the doctors. I had very similar experiences with IC's over the past few months and that is what was confusing me - I was never that confident that they were actual + or evaps - I found that Sainsbury's did a very cheap test that showed definate + for me but still I doubted them :wall: :wall:

sat1.jpg

Saturday1.jpg

Can I ask a TMI question? What was your AF like after your loss? Was it as bad as you thought it would be? and how long? Was your AF last month the same as normal? Its only when I look back at the things I was saying that I realize I should have done something sooner..... :pray: that this is all over the top and you are fine but go to the doctors please.

x x x x x x x x x x

Hi guys! Thanks for starting a new thread Kitty. I can cope with starting this one, I got lost on the old one. Sorry I've been a bit rubbish, still finding things hard after the m/c but then I've never liked this time of year, too many if onlys.

So this year I'm not going to put anything on hold. I'm going to start playing the piano again, exercise regularly (things I love doing) and try to see the silver lining in each and every cloud. I realise now that I was TTCing for the wrong reasons, as an answer to my depression. It's a good thing i didn't fall pg as I'd prob have resented the LO for not making me happy.

I feel mentally more ready now, so that even I'm if miserable it's just one of those things. Gosh sorry for the long rant don't know where that came from.

Mildly - congrats.
Kitty - go to the docs!
Everyone else hello!!! :wave: and for those of you who have had recent losses I hope things are getting easier day by day.
:hug: :hug: :hug: xx

Thanks all of you. And CB23 - thanks for the DH suggestion! He raised his eyebrows a bit, but obliged :lol: Anyway - neither of us are pg this morning, no lines at all :rotfl:

All the pics are taken within half an hour (I have a load more like that one!). The instructions say you must wait for a full 5 minutes for a negative result, and you shouldn't read the sticks after 30 minutes. The lines were there at the 5-min mark, I generally took the photo after 15 minutes.

Anyway, I have an appointment for 11.10am. I checked my diary and, rather conveniently, I saw him last January to ask him about TTC. He told me then to come back if my cycles hadn't settled down after 6 months or so (at that point they were still long from the BCP) - and I think that even without the faint lines mystery, I'm justified in going back after a year because of the 26-day cycle last time and the lack of ovulation this cycle, suggesting this one's either anovulatory or at least 43 days long! It did occur to me last night that I may have a cyst this cycle - I know that can delay/prevent ovulation and cause mild pain/discomfort. Even in women who don't have PCOS (which I don't think I do!), the occasional cyst is quite common and usually lasts just one cycle. If so, it's frustrating rather than worrying.

Thanks for listening (reading?) to me witter on! I'll let you know what happens, but things never seem quite as worrying in the morning as they do late at night! :lol: :roll:

Oh, and would you believe it, my temp shot up this morning :roll: :wall: If the temps stay up over the next couple of days, FF will give me crosshairs for yesterday, CD30. Otherwise it's another weird spike!

woohoo, welcome back Trudy! You run, don't you? I'm so unfit at the moment, having let the exercise slide, but I started looking at 10k and 10m races yesterday... fancy finding a race for the same weekend in, say, March, and virtually training together? If anyone else wants to join in, that would be 8) !

ROM - I don't think anything's TMI on this forum! :lol: But I'll PM you anyway. Don't want to jinx this thread :wink:

Morning all
:wave:

Kitty - Please get to the docs ASAP...... it's better to be safe than sorry and get checked out. If it's nothing then that's a good thing and at least you can cross one more thing off your list of reasons why your chart is wierd!

how is everyone else?? Are we all looking forward to the new year and the prospect of getting back on track TTC?

I think I might stop TTC for a while..... It's getting me down so much that I'm actually starting to look for reasons why I don't want children :cry: I think I'm trying to talk myself out of getting pg so I'm not disapointed anymore. I'm even thinking of stopping charting because it's just confusing me. My estimated OV date was 30th and I had a temps dip on this date so I was convinced that it had happened. I had a slight rise on 31st but I forgot to do an opk so I wasn't 100% sure. I didn't temp on new years day because I forgot my thermometer and I thought when I temped this morning that it would be higher but it isn't.....it's still low and it's just getting on my nerves.

Thanks for all the support girls but if I'm not around much I won't have forgotten you all and good luck in getting your BFP's :hug:

Happy New Year to you all and lets all get a bfp in the year 2008, wouldnt that be brilliant girls.x

Well I came on yesterday, the 1st Jan, Im not too down about it as I see this year as a fresh challenge, fresh start, Im going to BD more often maybe even start temping-although it scares me a bit as I dont know what to do.

Congrats to Mildly, lovely news.xxxx

Awww Chrissy dont give up!! I completely understand how frustrating it all is, but you must think positive!! :hug:

Sorry to hear that AF got you Scones. I feel the same as you though, I want to learn about my charting properly so I dont think Ill feel too disappointed when AF arrives for me later this week. I really feel like she is on her way. I had cramps alot yesterday, my boobs seem alot less sore now and I have no CM. I couldnt wait and did an i/c HPT today and surprise surprise, BFN!! I just hope AF leaves it til Friday or Sat to show her face as its my birthday tomorrow and I want some lovin! :rotfl:

Anyway, Ive started temping properly today, as soon as my alarm went off I stuck my thermometer in my mouth. So this time round I should know whats going on really, rather than having all these phantom symptoms which drive me insane.

Fingers crossed af stays away Loola.

I think if we all do lots of positive thinking then hopefully we can view every month as a new start. I know its hard and now Im on the second bottle of folic acid it reminds me we are heading for nearly month 5, I honestly thought I'd be pg by now, how arrogant of me!

Kittykins said:
woohoo, welcome back Trudy! You run, don't you? I'm so unfit at the moment, having let the exercise slide, but I started looking at 10k and 10m races yesterday... fancy finding a race for the same weekend in, say, March, and virtually training together? If anyone else wants to join in, that would be 8) !
That'd be great. DH keeps promising to run with me but 2 years later he's still finding excuses! I love running I did the Breast Cancer run which was 5km then I trained for the 10km Manchester run 2006 but had a bout of depression so never actually ran the race. I feel much better when I'm fit.

C'mon ladies the 1st few weeks are hard but it's worth the effort!!! Oooo I've always wanted to be in a running club even if it is virtual!
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Scones - Its not arrogant! I think we are all told as teenagers how easy it is to get pregnant so when it comes to actually trying to get pregnant we are shocked when it doesnt happen straight away. I definitely thought id be quite heavily pregnant by Christmas, but not even slightly!! Hopefully Ill either be a new Mum or heavily pregnant by next Christmas - If Im not Ill probably be banging my head against a wall in the lunatic asylum.

Morning all

Good luck at the docs Kitty. Lets hope you can get some answers.

Welcome back Trudy :hug: glad you are feeling better, but sorry you have had a rough time.

Chrissy :( :( :( I don't know what to say, only you know how you really feel and what is right for you. But if you feel that way why not go to the doctors and see if they can start to run some tests? They may surprise you and be prepared to help. I do hope that you feel differently in a few days or a week or a month and come back. :hug:

Scones sorry AF got you :(

Hey rom, Loola and everyone else :wave:

7dpo for me today and was expecting a temp drop as experienced at 7dpo the previous two cycles but in fact temp up slightly. OH said 'what does that mean then' :lol: :lol: :lol: like I have all the answers!

Hey rom, Loola and everyone else :wave:

7dpo for me today and was expecting a temp drop as experienced at 7dpo the previous two cycles but in fact temp up slightly. OH said 'what does that mean then' :lol: :lol: :lol: like I have all the answers!

Hi CB23! :wave: Thats sounds very promising! Hope your temps keep rising :pray:

Hi again! :wave:

long post alert - sorry!

Well, I'm back from the doctor's surgery. :D All seems to be well, in that nothing is 'wrong'! :lol: I took in the charts and also an (unused!) i/c HPT so he knew what I'd been testing on. He said that he might have been concerned but that last month's chart clearly shows ovulation from the temps, even though the CBEFM and OPK didn't show it. If I ovulated that cycle, it rules out lots of nasty things :dance: He said that the 26-day cycle after 6 33-day cycles showed that the early mc had totally thrown my hormones out of whack though (and pretty much proved that we had conceived, even if I hadn't ever tested) and he's not surprised that this cycle is a longer one - my body's overcorrecting.

FYI - even a chem pg can cause your hormones to be wonky for 1-3 months. My doc said to wait one full cycle after this one (i.e. 3rd after chem) and if we haven't conceived, to go back then. That'll be 6 months of TTC, and he said that with all the data I've collected, the fact that we've been optimally timing intercourse, and we're over 30 (well over, in DH's case!!! :wink: ) he'd be happy to start investigating then. Woohoo! :dance: :pray:

So ladies - it shows that temping IS worth it. Chrissie - don't give up now, I know exactly how you feel, but my doctor is now saying that all this data is fantastic and really helpful and will speed up things for us if we don't conceive.

He was amazed when I told him about FF and the chart galleries - said he was going to have a look himself! He thought that the most fascinating thing about my data was not the ov stuff - that was easily explained - but the fact that my temps are so low. He couldn't believe it, and said he'd never seen temps that low in a healthy, walking person! :rotfl: I told him there were loads of charts with temps as low as mine, incl pg ones, and he said the best thing about all this technology and information was that it was constantly revising medical opinion.

So there we are - by sticking a thermometer in our mouths each morning, we are leading a scientific breakthrough!

Oh - one more thing. He looked at the HPT and said that the clinic had used the same ones a couple of years ago, because they were cheap, but that they found them to be very unreliable - far too many false positives and false negatives, even when it was the GP testing and checking well within the time limit. They use Clearview (which I think is the American name for Clear Blue, or the old name, at least - same company, anyway), which he said are more expensive but much more reliable. He said he wouldn't trust the internet strips at all any more unless the line was as dark as the control line.

Ok, sooooo....

Scones - sorry you were 'got'. Temping is easy - it takes the first cycle to get the hang of it, but after that it just becomes a habit. The first cycle you agonise over every single day, but after a while you realise that individual days aren't very important, and you can relax - it doesn't matter too much if you forgot one morning, or if you woke up earlier or later than normal.

Chrissy - I agree with CB23, go to the doc's. As you can see from my other post, my doctor is happy to start helping after 6 months TTC... See if you can temp for a bit longer. I know what you mean, I found myself on New Year's Eve telling all my friends, with their bumps and their new babies, just why life is so great without kids. Don't know who I was trying to fool, but I think they're all scared of me now and they certainly won't be asking me to babysit! :rotfl: Try to do sth positive, it's so difficult to pull yourself up again once you start getting negative. Join Trudy and me and aim for a running race! :lol: We could even aim for the same one if we found one in the Midlands or somewhere, and then go for lunch afterwards.

Trudy - right, that's it, the TTC running club is starting! We may have to get a new thread going - give me a little while, I'll check some race possibilities to aim for, and post them, see if we can get some others to join us. I had a heart condition 18months or so ago, and it didn't get resolved till last summer, so I am really unfit. Before that, I was doing mostly 10-mile and half-marathon running races, and triathlons. Now I jog about 4 miles really slowly and have no motivation to push myself. All my friends from the running and tri club are so much faster and stronger, I can't face doing the training by myself to get up to that standard and join them. It'll be good to have someone else so we can push each other. Like you, I feel so much better when fit.

CB23 - FX for you, things are starting to get exciting!

Loola, FX AF stays sway - but if not, get going with that thermometer, girl!

Everyone else - how are you all doing? Guess I need to go do some stalking...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back