Chart Stalkers January 2008

Hi Bagpuss,

Your temps are low but the pattern is consistent. I wouldn't worry. I have only tested for 3 days since getting back form hols and mine are way lower than ever before too. Not sure why. But I have no answers. Sorry.

Hi Kmac :wave: Sorry I missed you before.

I've just had a quick peek at some of your charts and now I'm thinking my temps so far - few as they are - are weird. Will it just be because I'm ill??

Hi Sookie :wave: No probs - no offence taken!

Bagpuss - I think your temps are ok. Mine have been really low since christmas too so I think it could be something to do with the outside temperature... :think: probably not but that's what I'm putting it down to. I got my + opk last night too so looks like we're entering the 2ww together :pray: :pray: for BFP's for us both. Hopefully now we've OV'd our temps should start to go up again.

I have a question re OPK sticks. My friend has thrown in the TTCing towel for now and sent me all her old OPK sticks. When do I use them there's only about 7 so want to make sure I use them at the right time.

Bagpuss17 said:
Chart stalkers - my temps have been really low since I was ill over xmas, abnormally so I would say. What do you think?

Mmmmm they do seem low but as it's only been a couple cycles I wouldn't worry too much. The heating in your house isn't broken is it??? Maybe they were high last month building up to your sickness. So this month's seem lower. Having said that mine have ranged from 99 - 96 over 5 cycles so I'm sure it perfectly normal.

Chrissy - glad you've decided to stick around.
Sookie - :wave: I saw your pictures they looked amazing. Sorry to hear about your flood glad it didn't do too much damage.

I hope everyone who is ill feels better soon. All those in the 2WW FX and all those about to BD good luck!

I think that's everyone covered!!!

Oh and on a positive spin to Jollypops post I'm glad everyone feels so positive about charting. 3 mins with a thermometer in my mouth every day is worth it for the information and control it gives me over my body. Who knew it was telling I when I was fertile all this time! Not knocking anyone who want to use CBFMs but £2.99 was much more affordable than £100 + sticks.
:)

Said i wasnt going to comment on this subject anymore in previous post but i'm afraid that ok you say i have upset you - I've said sorry. How many more times do you want me to say sorry sorry sorry sorry.
I wasnt making fun, wasnt moking or anything - I to took my temps for many years but didnt go into it as much as you guys, and as i already said it confused me when i read all the posts.
I did only ask if anyone was trying a monitor? Why jump me for that!
So maybe i didnt do my homework on your thread, but for god sake you do you lot always jump on people when maybe they get things wrong in your eyes.
Was hoping that i was going to enjoy using this forum as having just found it but now i think i'll give it a miss.

Yes taking temps work, yes monitors work and so does everything else and no matter what way you choose to conceive i really do wish you all good luck.

kmac said:
I've just had a quick peek at some of your charts and now I'm thinking my temps so far - few as they are - are weird. Will it just be because I'm ill??

I think that spike must be due to illness. :shock: I've never seen one so big.

Jollypops - sorry if you feel jumped on that's not anyones aim, it's just that we all have the right to reply and a few of us have had recent losses which are still quite painful not to mention those TTcing for a long time or who have had past losses. I'm sure you understand the pain. Though we are very happy for all who manage to fall p/g you must be able to understand the underlying anguish that it isn't our turn.

That's why when someone who is newly pg no matter how long it's taken them choose to comment on something that for some including me has been a revelation and quoshed all my TTC worries it's a bit of a sensitive subject. I feel I wasted 9 months TTCing at the wrong time. With charting I fell in 3 months, without that hope of falling so quick again I couldn't look to the future half as positively.

This is a lovely forum, I have met many lovely ladies who helped me through the pain of TTC for a year, the confusion of charting and then the terrible time of our M/C. Maybe it'd be better to choose the right topics to give your advise in. I'm sure it will be received well in the right place.

Trudyscrumptious76 said:
kmac said:

I think that spike must be due to illness. :shock: I've never seen one so big.

OMG - now I'm worried!!! :?

kmac said:
OMG - now I'm worried!!! :?

Oh no!!!!:doh: I didn't mean for you to worry. Only that it probably is due to illnes as it's a largish rise. Nothing abnormal at all.

(mutters to herself "must explain things better next time")
:wall: :wall: :wall:

It's OK!! It's just me getting paranoid already!!
I had no sleep for 2 nights (couldn't breathe!) and last night was my first kip! Also have been under a duvet most of the time (on my own :( ) so that would make my temp go up I expect!

Ah well that explains it nicely. Sleep deprivation can really effect your temps. Can't remember why. Will have to flick through Taking control of your fertility when I get home.

Kmac - don't worry. One temp is neither here nor there. You are looking for patterns over tme.

Sorry bout spellng. Bloody flood. eyboard s gong boners agan.

Were you unwell? Also loos le you too t at a dfferent tme to normal. Especally f t was later that would affect t.

Boy - have to go try to fx the eyboard.

:wave:

Alrighty - some alcohol and cuetip cleaning seems to have worked.

So if you didn't catch it, this was what I was trying to say:

Were you sick? Also it looks like you took the temps at different times of day. If you took the high one later that could go some way to explaining why it is so high.

Thanks for your replies ladies, my temps up to CD14 are what I usually see pre-ov. I say usually, it's only my 2nd cycle of temping this time around.

Heating is fine :D When I've taken my temp say over 1 hour + later out of curiosity they've consistently been 36.29 which is what I would normally see.

Ho hum, so long as I ovulate that's the main thing. Which should be tomorrow as I got my opk + today.

Yey, Chrissy, it's nice that we'll be entering the 2ww together.

Kmac, as one of the others has said. One temp on it's own has no significance. If you've been ill that will more than likely explain it. Just make sure you put it into your notes when you're ill, had no sleep etc....

I had a huge spike on CD15 when I was ill too. My temps are weird this cycle but if you look through the chart gallery, the weird temp ranges get their fair share of BFPs too :D

My little man is calling me, must dash!

Bugger just typed out a huge reply and lost it!!!

Anyway just wanted to say Kmac if you have what I have then its probably down to your virus - headache, bad back, sore throat then after a couple of days an awful headcold with popping ears and a bad cough .....

Carry on temping and I am sure you will see it even itself out in a while... :D

Jollypops - please dont feel you are not welcome - I in no way intended to "jump" on you, but without going on about it I did feel your post was a tad insensitive - anyway with that said we have all been quilty of jumping in with 2 feet sometimes (I know I can be the worlds worst) and I have never known anyone on this forum bare a grudge so hopefully you will feel that you can stay. It is a lovely forum and like Trudy said I have received lots of love and support during all sorts of TTC and early pregnancy issues.

Bagpuss17 I wouldnt worry about your temps either - it looks like today is around "O" day - the past couple of weeks I bet you have been running around and going out more etc - I know if I have just 1 drink my temp shoots up - see 31/12 temp!!!

Anyway get bedding tonight lady :D

Thanks ladies!
Yes, rom it sounds like the same as what you had. Last 2 days have been horrible, then the cough just came out of nowhere last night and I've been spluttering away all day. Just been staying indoors and warm.

Thanks all for comments on my temps. I had been taking at 6am, this morning it was nearer 8 although i was still in bed.

Right - am not going to worry about it and will just keep temping! Hopefully when I feel better it will level out.

Another question - I'm going to start using ov sticks. As I have no clue when I ovulate would I be best to start using them quite early, like on day 7 or something? Last 3 cycles have been 24, 40 and 33 days - but various illnesses and antibiotics may have affected the length.

Aslo, when you get a + on the stick is that when you should BD? Then does your temp go up after you have had the + on the stick?
Just want to check I understand all this!

Thanks. :wave:

I would start using them on day 7 for your first cycle. If you have a look at my link you will see I started using them day 6 for first cycle, as I didn't ov until day 15 I have used them from day 11 in later cycles.

Your temp rises after ovulation and ovulation is anything from the day you get a +ve OPK to two days after per FF. FF will wait until you have had 3 higher temps before giving you crosshairs to say you have ov'd.

I would get the BDing in from when AF stops (hope you are feeling better by then :hug: ) every other day or so. If you get a +ve OPK BD that day and the next I would advise.

Kmac - I would say the temp rise is definatly due to your fever. I had a massivly high temp (nearly 2 full degrees higher than normal) that FF has chosen to completly to ignore because it's off the chart. I think once FF recognizes a pattern or a consistent level that your temps are normally in then anything that is way outside of them are discounted. Because it's only your 2nd month ff might not have picked it up yet.

As for the OPK's I usually start using them when I get the first signs of watery CM or the tiniest amount of EWCM. That way I know I'm about to OV any time so I don't waste too many of them........although the 10 sticks I pee on in the 2ww just to cure my addiction are a waste :oops: :rotfl: :rotfl:

if you don't get much CM then I would say you're best starting about day 7 - 10 of your cycle.

Just want to add one thing, to maximise your chances of getting a BFP. You need to BD for the days leading up to your + on the opk not just when you get a positive opk.

They say the 5 days leading up to ov and the day after are the days you should BD.

When you have irregular cycles like ourselves, it's difficult to time it right which is why we've been BD'ing every other day this cycle to keep our bases covered.

I tend to start opk testing when I get creamy CM. I've never ov'd earlier than CD 18 I don't think.

Don't just rely on the opk's, look out for the changes in your CM and start to BD when it gets creamy.

Don't worry though if you don't tend to get much egg white/creamy CM just go for it anyway!

Jollypops said:
Said i wasnt going to comment on this subject anymore in previous post but i'm afraid that ok you say i have upset you - I've said sorry. How many more times do you want me to say sorry sorry sorry sorry.
I wasnt making fun, wasnt moking or anything - I to took my temps for many years but didnt go into it as much as you guys, and as i already said it confused me when i read all the posts.
I did only ask if anyone was trying a monitor? Why jump me for that!
So maybe i didnt do my homework on your thread, but for god sake you do you lot always jump on people when maybe they get things wrong in your eyes.
Was hoping that i was going to enjoy using this forum as having just found it but now i think i'll give it a miss.

Yes taking temps work, yes monitors work and so does everything else and no matter what way you choose to conceive i really do wish you all good luck.

please dont go, you will enjoy this forum it is full of very nice and suportive women, i think we all just got off on the wrong foot, sorry if you feel jumped on, im sure it wasnt ment that way, i think we all have just been in here too long :wall: and feel that we couldnt really do any more than what we are doing to make this work. Congrats on your bfp you must be over the moon after trying for soo long, i hope we all dont have to wait much longer :pray: and will soon be joining you in first tri, then we can all moan about morning sickness and feeling crap, i cant wait :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back