Chart Stalkers January 2008

And to kick off... what are your New Year's Fertility Resolutions?

DH has promised to start exercising properly again, by cycling/running to and from work (his bike has been at work since June...)

I'm going to prepare him healthy packed lunches, and exercise more myself.

Thanks Kitty for starting a new thread, good idea. New beginnings and all that....

Plus Mildly has got us off to a POSITIVE start :D Here's to lots more 2008 BFPs. Hope we don't have to wait too long for them ladies.

There's a typo though, it says BFN!

Morning ladies......happy new year

I've made a resolution to eat more fruit. I don't eat nearly as much as I should

Oh, and after last night....to cut down alcohol intake!!!! :rotfl: We had a party at a friends house and we stayed over and I forgot my thermometer so I couldn't temp this morning! Probably wouldn't have been very accurate anyway after all the alcohol I drank!

Kitty - think ther's a typo because it says BFN for mildly!!!

Such good news about Mildly's BFP, her chart looked really fab though so I'm not suprised. Let's hope it's the start of a run of BFP's for us stalkers in 2008! :pray:

doh!

Thanks Bagpuss! You know, I spent several seconds staring at it thinking something wasn't right, and couldn't work out what! I think my fingers are on autopilot!

Maybe another resolution should be to get more sleep... :rotfl:

[edited - can't spell resolution now either... :lol: ]

Hi Ladies,

Fabulous start to the New Year, congrats again Mildly! So pleased for you :)

My New Years Resolutions are to eat more healthily, go for a brisk walk every evening, completely cut out smoking (i only do it when Im drinking) CHART PROPERLY and most importantly - have lots of sex!! (but not so much that I use up all his good swimmers at the wrong time, hehe).

Ive been having cramps all day which feel like AF is on her way so I suspect that Jan is not our month. :( At least now I can chart properly so I shouldnt be symptom spotting so madly without good reason. I didnt think that AF would arrive til Friday or Saturday though as I believe I ovulated 2 days late, so if she turns up early Ill be very confused! Ill start charting my temp properly as soon as the witch rears her ugly head.

Anyhoo, good luck for your Jan BFP's ladies, fingers crossed for you all! :pray: :cheer:

oh, and I've just ordered 100 ovulation test strips from ebay!

I'm so determined to catch the next egg, I'll be testing every day from the first 'clean' day after AF! :rotfl:

p.s. - Hope you all like my new avatar of Kitty sprinkling babydust over this thread! :lol: It must be a good sign, mustn't it?!

I think a new thread for a new year is a great idea :D I am honoured that you have included my BFP too - may it bring you all lots of luck :)

Thanks again for you congratulations girls :D

loola :hug: sorry to hear your sad news :( Hope AF stays away for you.

Loving the new avatar Kitty :)

Now everyone, get BDing ;)

Kitty - Love the new avatar. How do you get an avatar? Is there somewhere you can choose one or are they just pics you've resized?

Mildly - Love yours too!

I think I need to start doing more exercising more too. I only do Yoga. Been holding off joining a gym because I was rather optimistic thinking I would be pregnant by xmas :( Don't want to fork out membership and then not use it. I would only do Yoga in pregnancy and walking/swimming.

DH does a reasonable amount of exercise.

I suppose other than that, just try and relax a bit more about TTC and accept we'll get a BFP when we're meant to and BD lots!

Loola, cramps can also be a good sign for a BFP. I had lots when I was pregnant and before I got my BFP. Fingers crossed for you.

Lovely new thread and great avatar Kitty. Everything crossed for BFP's in 2008 (and early 2008 at that) for us all.

Was very weepy last night, couldn't stop thinking that I should have been 25 weeks pregnant and looking forward to our first baby being born in 2008. OH was lovely and just cuddled me. Been out today to try to take my mind off things.

:hug: to CB23.

Bagpuss, I did the same thing re the gym! But if sod's law dictates that getting gym membership will mean a BFP 2 days later, then it'll be money well spent... :lol:

Avatars: I got mine from http://www.avatarist.com/ . For the avatar, I just copied and pasted into the avatar line on my profile. For the images in the sig file, I couldn't copy and paste directly (but spent ages trying - at least 20 of the 55+ views of this thread are me checking back to see if it worked! :rotfl: ) - I had to download them to my pc, then upload them to photobucket, and then copy the image code. When they're on your pc, rename them with a short filename - the more characters they use up, the less space you have in your sig file. So instead of the "http://www....hello-kitty-baby-girl-small" line, I renamed the pic 'HKgs' and uploaded it to photobucket as that. Otherwise I couldn't fit both in.

HTH - if you struggle, PM me.

Well, I entered today's temp on the chart, and FF has removed the CH completely... :doh: :think: :wall: :rotfl:

Nice one Kitty - love the avatar - just noticed your chart - how confusing and frustrating that must be!!

Its lovely news about Mildly - hopefully there will be several more in January to add to the list..... :D

My resolution is to loose the weight I have put on over the past 12 weeks - more fruit and veg and stop drinking again!! After last night that doesnt feel like it will be a problem - we went to pick up the car this afternoon from our friends where we went last night and the girls were back on Champagne!! Apparently they woke up at about 11.00 am and opened a bottle straight away!! Just made me feel :puke: Well my temperature was really high as expected this morning!! It appears that if I drink it always tops 37!!! Watch it drop tomorrow..... :D

ROM - I've been the same this cycle I think with drinking affecting my temps. I've been drinking more than the previous cycle as it's xmas. Going to have some bubbly shortly as was on call with work yesterday so didn't drink last night.

Watch my temp shoot up in the morning, it's not very helpful when your'e charting. Previous cycle a glass/two of wine didn't affect my temp at all.

I know I've posted loads already today, but can I ask you all a stupid question?

If you keep seeing a faint line on an i/c HPT - throughout a cycle, 3 weeks apart - what would you think? Would you assume it's evaps each time and stop using i/cs, or would you be worried about anything? The published sensitivity is 10mi - most HPTs are 20 or 25.

I was thinking it was the line showing through, or an evap, but combined with my strange cycles recently and the faint cramps I've been having, I'm wondering if I should see my doctor. I nearly fainted 20 mins ago, which worries me. Sorry - this was supposed to be a positive, hopeful start...

Blimey Kitty - you kept that quiet. Is there colour in the lines? And when does the line appear.

I would advise you to get to the docs and ask for a blood test and stress the fainting episode, if they say no go buy a CB or a First Response and test with FMU.

Kitty I am probably the wrong person to answer this at the moment but here goes!!

Over the past 3 months since what we thought was my miscarriage I have had several faint lines - each time I would bleed just after and I just put it down to my body sorting itself out - in the back of my mind I knew that there was something wrong - I had pain on several occasions about an 8 on a scale of 1 to 10 but I put it down to AF pain, backache or strong ovulation pains.... I also has several times when I nearly passed out and had spots in my eyes if you know what I mean ..... Like little stars.....

I just wish I had pushed my doctors more - if I had things wouldnt be as complicated for me as they are now....

It will do no harm to book an appointment with a doctor you trust (dont do the emergency appointment thing like I did as then you have no consistancy of care) and talk to them. I hate to mention the word ectopic but ask them....... I just dont want anyone else to go through we I have :oops:

I'm sure its not anything like what happened to me but please please if you feel that there are strange things happening to you cycle dont waste anytime ......

Sorry if this seems quite an extreme answer but it is, as you know, from my own recent experiences and I really dont want to worry you but better to be safe than sorry. x x x x x

Kitty, I agree with ROM I would definitely get it checked out at the doctors. It is better to be safe than sorry, it may just be a bad batch of tests but at least you'll know :hug:

Ditto what ROM & Mildly say, please get yourself checked out at the docs. They can do a blood test for you to know one way or the other and perhaps a scan.....

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Sorry for my stupidity but what does i/c stand for? Am I right in saying that Kitty has been having possible positive pregnancy tests for the last 3 weeks? If so, get yourself to the Docs to find out what is going on asap Kitty!!

Actually ROM, it's your experience that made me start to wonder. That and some advice I just gave someone else, which I realised applied to my own situation and I'd ignored... The only thing is that I started wondering if I was turning into a hypochondriac :oops: The problem is that the more you learn, the more there is to worry about.

I'm getting very very faint lines on i/cs. You need to squint to see them, but they're there - even DH can see them - and they're coming up well before the 'don't look after 30 mins' limit. I confess I'd tested earlier than New Year's Eve, but had assumed that I was getting evaps and discounted them - we all know that i/cs are more liable to cause evaps. DH had even told me to chuck all the i/cs out, as they were just causing more worry. There's definitely no line on the 'proper' test from yesterday. I've also been having mild abdominal pain, only about 3 or 4/10, I wasn't sure whether it was due to oncoming AF, ovulation or indigestion(!) - given it's been Christmas, it could have been overeating. Similarly, backache could simply be too much time in the kitchen. I was confused, but not particularly worried, because I thought I'd ov'ed, just the date kept moving. Then today FF decided I hadn't ov'ed at all...

I guess the sensible thing to do would be to make an appointment. Hopefully the doctor will come up with a perfectly rational explanation for the charts, and it will turn out just to be overeating! I just have the awful feeling that I'm making a fuss about nothing :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back