chart stalkers

Mine started off looking zigzaggy. Now it looks like it just can't be bothered any more!

I wish I'd started charting last month, I have no idea when I should start Ov testing or even how long my cycle may decide to be this month!

It is really interesting stalking everyone elses though :D

Hi Mildly,

Perhaps start using your ov tests as soon as you start to see creamier CM. You might have to get through a few on your first month of using them until you get your +.

Thanks Bagpuss, I will give that a go :D Also I notice in one of the other threads tillytots has posted a useful guide about which day to start.

Do you all find that you tend to have a luteal phase of exactly the same length each month or does it tend to vary?

:( Sorry to hear that CB, I was just thinking your chart looked really promising :hug: Fingers crossed for you for next month.

:hug: to Claire. Seems a bit unexpected...

Mildly, the luteal phase tends to be 10-16 days long. If you're using OPKs, you could try POAS 17 or 18 days before you expect AF? If your periods are irregular, I'd start testing 18 days before the end of the shortest recent cycle - e.g. if your cycles have been 28 - 35 days, then start POAS on CD 10 of this cycle. If the cycle turns out to be 35, and you have a luteal phase of 10 days, that does mean you'd use up 15 sticks this cycle...

Alternatively, just take your temps this month, BD every other day from CD10 onwards until 2 days after your temp rises, and :pray: !

CB23 I'm so sorry she is actually here - Christmas + all round then x x x x x

Christmas +ves sounds good to me - for all of us!

Well I don't know if anyone looked at my chart and can see but cycle just ended I spotted between end of AF and day after ov. I assume this was hormones still up in the air after the mc. I'm hoping things get back to normal this month.

Must stop thinking I'd be 19 weeks now as its doing my head in today - I guess a reaction to AF arriving for me.

Anyway have been good in the 2ww so tonight I'm having wine!!

Thanks Kitty, my shortest cycle in the last ten months has been 33 days and I had 7 OPKs sent with the preseed we bought this month. I think I will commence P-ing OAS from CD 17 onwards to see if I can get confirmation of Ov but BDing every other day from CD10 onwards sounds like a good plan anyway.

This month we have deciding to bring out the big guns... and by that I mean charting, OPKs, preseed, agnus castus and legs up in the air after the deed :D It does strike me as faintly ridiculous that just BDing has failed to work previously :roll:

Sorry to hear about your mc CB :hug: I hope you enjoy your wine tonight :D

:hug: sorry you didnt get your bfp this month, i felt exactly the same last month when af arrived i started getting really down about my loss too and it didnt help when everywere i looked there were pregnant ladies with a bump about the size mine should have been, but i dont know if it was hormones or just the dissapointment of a bfn but as i got closer to ov i started to feel more positive, im babbeling on here :oops: what i meen is im sure you will feel better soon

Really sorry that your AF has come Claire and to hear of your previous m/c. You're so right that you start to feel more positive towards ov. Enjoy your wine whilst you're on your AF.

There's got to be a good few BFPs to come from this group at the end of the month/early Dec.

Mildly, what's your longest cycle been if 33 days has been your shortest? It does make you feel more positive that you are doing things to try to help conceive doesn't it?

I know Claire and in fact I feel quite relaxed - makes me realise how tense I have been last few days. Thank you for your kind words.

Just realised that of course there are two Claires on here - the :hug: was obviously to CB23 (saw the 'Claire' in the sig!) - but Claire30 is welcome to one too if she wants!! :D

Mildly, if you're really irregular, and you have a bit of spare cash, I can really recommend the Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor for helping pinpoint ov. It isn't cheap (but it's definitely cheaper from eBay or Access Diagnostics than from Boots - by at least £20), but you do get a bit of warning - which, when you don't have a clue, really helps.

Having said that, I bought it when my cycles varied massively between 57 and 33 days. Since I bought it, every single one has been 33 days... I missed out using it the first month as I was at a conference when AF started, and I'd assumed my cycle was 40+ days long... completely taken unawares!

My longest cycle was 55 days back in June when I thought I must be pregnant. I went as far as going to the doctors for a blood test to check, as I wondered whether I was getting false negatives on the HPTs. I got the negative result and then AF arrived the day after :roll:

I think in the beginning I was happy to just non-prevent but as the months have worn on and OH is getting quite upset that we haven't yet conceived, I have started to wonder why it is so easy for some folks and yet for others it does seem to take awhile. I must admit this month I am feeling positive for being a bit more proactive. Even if we still don't conceive, we can at least say we have given it a good go :D

Thanks kitty, I will go and conduct an ebay search :)

Hiya all,

Hmmm not sure my trying to stay away is working. I missed you all too much :)

Sorry AF arrived Claire :( A Chrissy BFP for all of us sounds pretty good to me :pray: :pray: :pray:

A good friend of mine here just miscarried. She was only 5 weeks but that doesn't make it much easier I'm sure.
:cry:

Here's to :pray: that there's no more of those here girls.

Well DH and I had our first medical appointment today as a checkup and what not. While I feel awful for Colombians without money (most of them), I have to say that today I was happy to have my fancy health insurance. The gyno immediately organised an ultrasound for me and a sperm test for DH. Gotta love the system here sometimes... 8)

My chart looks depressed, it just keeps going down, down, down. But I guess that's good? Oestrogen production???

Mildly, I have ordered a saliva/ferning microscope from ebay for $28 US all up with delivery. It looks like a good one - no batteries or lamp replacements needed. This also gives you a bit of warning as the ferning pattern comes on slowly (apparently) and when you start to see ferning you know O is approaching.

I decided to get one as with a long cycle I think OPKs will get pricey. But you can order them on e-bay pretty cheap. There's some special on at the moment. You can choose your own combo of OPKs and HPTs up to 50 for about $18 US inc delivery anywhere in the world. Good deal.
:wave:

Morning all

When is the ultrasound sookie or did you have it yesterday?

My temp has gone up again when I was expecting it to drop :?

I go away for a few days and all these new stalkers arrive. :shock: Fabulous!!! :wave: :wave: Hello to all the new stalkers. It's great to have you all on board. I haven't looked at all your charts yet, still wading through all the pages to catch up. Look forward to stalking with you all.

sookie said:
I decided to get one as with a long cycle I think OPKs will get pricey.

They'd cost exactly the same if you're long and regular as if you're short and regular - in fact less, because you'd have fewer cycles per year. But you're right that if you're irregular, they could be pretty pricey!

If you use a CBEFM and have a long cycle, the first month will use up a lot of test sticks because it starts asking for them on CD6, regardless of your cycle length. So the first month it asked me for 20 sticks, but the second it started asking later, and asked me for only 10 - it usually asks for either 10 or 20.

Similarly, with OPKs, I think my cycle has now settled into a 33-day pattern, so I wouldn't start testing till CD16 or so, whereas someone with a 26 day cycle might start testing on CD10. Someone with a 26-day cycle is going to have 14 cycles a year, whereas someone like me with a 33+day cycle is going to have 11 or fewer cycles per year.

But if you're irregular, and you have to test from CD10 to CD40 each month, then yep, it could cost a fortune!

Mildly, your cycles have been pretty similar to mine then, as mine varied between 33 and 57 days. How long have you been TTC, and were you on the BCP before? If so, when did you come off it? I reckon it took a good year for my cycles to sort themselves out after the pill.

CB23 - It is possible to be pg and still have what seems to be a light period - and your chart shows it as still being light. However, it's also quite common to have a delayed temp fall. Quite a few of the charts in the FF gallery have high/rising temps for the first 3 or so days of AF, and then it plunges :( Maybe you should assume your chart will follow this pattern - although you're CD2, you're only 13 dpo, and it does seem that the charts with the shorter than ave luteal phases are the ones with high temps during AF (ave LP being 14 days). If you get to CD7, and you're still having temps above last cycle's coverline, and AF remains pretty light, it would definitely be worth testing again. 18 consecutive high temps are indicative of pregnancy. :hug: Hope this helps.

Hope everyone else is ok! ROM, any sign of a line yet?!

NO not even a little evap to wonder over!! :( I didnt get anything until 15 dpo last month but I am not holding much hope - got a couple of lovely spots on my chin.... and AF type cramps have been on and off for the past 3 or 4 days.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back