New Year, New You! [The Big Weightloss Thread]

Ketosis is where the body starts using fat as its fuel instead of sugar :yay: (thus burning up fat) but you really notice a huge effect on hunger and cravings when you hit it :thumbup:

Please be careful with ketosis hun. :hug: it's a dangerous state for your body to be in long term. The headaches are a normal part of it though.

My day today was ok.

Breakfast: fruit smoothie
Lunch: tofu and vegetables
Dinner: goats cheese salad

snacks: dutch crisp bakes
exercise: 1 hour swim

I went for a jacuzzi too, which helped my legs. Got some deep heat at Tesco too, so about to go and slather that on.

Thanks hun, I'll be careful hun :hug:

You done good hun :yay:

well done nic :yay: sounds like a fab day for you too!
don't worry alice, one day wont hurt, you've done soooooooooooo well already :hug:

i'm actually excited about weigh in tomorrow :oops: i wanna no how i've done and what i need to do! i can't wait to be into the diet after a month or so, i find it easier once i've lost say half a stone!

oh and mamafy - thank you for that! i remember doing it, but i think i ate too much cheese if i'm honest, you have a good balance there for atkins :thumbup:

Last edited:
Weigh in time....have lost 4lbs. :yay: Not bad considering how bad I've been in comparison to how I should have been. Hoping for 2lbs next week and a steady, slow but sure weight loss

If I can even be 2 stone lighter by my birthday I'll be so chuffed!

Thanks...I'm having my "treat day" and then on it properly tomorrow :)

Well done toffeepop, that's amazing! :yay:

Can't believe it's weigh in tomorrow. I feel like I've lost no weight! :oops:

toffeepop thats amazing!! i'm so regretting falling off the wagon yesterday! i've had such a hard couple of days, i needed the huge bowl of spaghetti for lunch and the sausage, egg and chips for tea :oops: and weight myself this morning and i've gained 2lb since yesterday morning :oops: back on it today tho, i need to get this weight off!!

In a nice way, I'm going to tell ALL of you off!! STOP weighing yourself every day/other day, it doesn't work like that :hug:

Once a week, same time, same situation...it's the only way to be sure of weight loss as you will weigh a different weight (up or down) during different times of the week and it can get depressing.

Please don't get yourselves down with the daily weigh-in. Please. My mate did that and she's now a victim of an eating disorder...it's horrendous to watch :(

(not saying that will happen here but :slap: for you all heheeh) I've never done that, 'course...:whistle: :rofl:

:rofl: i know its wrong TP, but i cant help it!! i've been dead good not doin it every day tho...maybe every other day :rofl: once i get tomorrow out the way, i'm going down to every week tho, its doin my head in!!

Alice...I'm sorry :( Didn't mean to really tell people off but you know you're not doing yourself any favours :hug:

I only know because I always weigh in on a Thursday - just always did when I went to SW classes - and if I weighed in with a loss on a Tuesday at home, I'd always be tempted to just stuff my face anyway because "I've lost weight" :rofl: then :cry: like a nobber on a Thursday if I'd put on.

Just trying to help So will :slap: ya if you do it again! :rofl:!

I haven't weighed in, I just feel like a lump of lard :rofl:

If you're a size 14 or under, you're no lump of lard, Tonks! :hug: I wish I was back into a proper 14...:cry: my jeans are tight! :rofl: (Stuffs another ginger nut in her gob...)

14 bottoms (just!), 16 top due to my big jugs. :rofl:

I used to be a lot bigger though, and I remember well how I felt everyday.

Then and now, my 'before' and 'during' pics.

SDC10191.jpg

IMG_1609.jpg

You look fabulous, Tonks, and I don't say that lightly! You have NO WAY got as much weight to lose as you have said...so be careful :hug: I think you look ace! I'm bigger than your "Before" picture and have been bigger than this (Yuk) but have humungous jubblies so there's not much I can do about that! :rofl: Hubby gets upset if they get smaller :rofl:

lol TP i know you were only lookin out for us, no need to be sorry!! Nic you look amazing!! and i have to say, even in your before pic you carry your weight really well, i bet without the breasticles you're a lot littler than you think. if that makes sense?! mine always make me look bigger than i am. dont help bein short and that they practically sag down to my belly button :rofl:

Ooooh I do, don't worry ;) I carry my weight well, but thanks hun :hug: I just want to drop some more, but then my focus will be on building muscle and weight training so weight won't be as much as a factor as inches. 35lbs would put me back into a healthy BMI though, as atm I am 'overweight'.

I have my first session with a personal trainer tonight, and I'm hoping to get into cardio 3 days a week, and resistance and weight training 3 days a week.

I'm very much into a healthy body and lifestyle, not dieting to be a skinny minnie. This is my motivation!

http://www.fitnessbeyond.co.uk/nicole01.html

lol TP i know you were only lookin out for us, no need to be sorry!! Nic you look amazing!! and i have to say, even in your before pic you carry your weight really well, i bet without the breasticles you're a lot littler than you think. if that makes sense?! mine always make me look bigger than i am. dont help bein short and that they practically sag down to my belly button :rofl:

Thanks hun :hug: I do find I carry my weight well, as in the second pic I was 195lbs. First pic I have no idea, but I would guess around 230lbs ish.

My breasts are my issue though :rofl: FF atm! Hopefully some resistance training will tone them up and make them a bit smaller.

and yes TP, don't be sorry at all! This is what we are here for, advice, motivation and support!

Tonks, I don't think you even look big in your first picture and can't believe that you'd weigh 230lbs in that one either!

Before and after piccies are always fun,though There was a woman at the WW class I went to and OMG the difference in her! Though I thought she looked like a man once she'd lost the weight...

My excuse always used to be "but what if I lose weight and I DON'T have a pretty face?" :rofl: I know I'm not pretty but it was always a great comeback :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back