12th July Lost 2lbs Total 9lbs

19th July Lost 4.5lbs Total 13.5lbs

26th July Lost 2lbs Total 15.5lbs

1st Aug Lost 1/2lb Total 16lbs

9th Aug Lost 1lb Total 17lbs

16th Aug ON HOLS

23rd Aug Lost 4lbs Total 21.5 lbs

13 Sept Lost 1.25lbs Total 22.75lbs

Still coming off but I cant really take much credit for it as I think most of it the last couple of weeks has been down to the sickness but still its 22.75lbs lighter than I was before I got pregnant!! yeyyyyy!!!

xxx

Sorry to your husband, but who can say it is not a good start for both of you?

Thanks Brock....but your absolutely right....its def been a great thing for us as a family as its def gave us a kick up the bum we needed!! xxx

wow you really are inspirational i wish i cud loose weight as quick as u n congrats on your lil miracle ive just red this thread n my thought that kept repeatedly going through my head was please can i be like u to loose weight :D xx

Hey Shelli thank you!

You know its not as bad as it sounds if you change the way you look at it!
Ive pretty much always been overweight some times more than others, but once I thought right, this isnt a diet I need its a whole lifestyle change...its honestly was that easy!!

Im not sure if I can help in any way but if I can feel free to PM me and I will if I can! Sometimes we just need someone to help us along the way! xxx

wow Wilma this is so amazing. I am seeing a nutricionist at the moment because I gained soooooooo much during my first pregnancy and started my second pregnancy (a little) overweight and I am really scared I will gain too much again this time (leaving me even heavier afterwards) but they forbid me to loose weight because they told me MW and also nutricionist that even if I loose it in a healthy way toxins get released in my body (from the fat that will be burned) and that it can harm my baby. I really want to eat as little as possible (but everything healthy) but now I am also scared that it might do my baby harm? Do you have any ideas for me? Perhaps you could help me out, you are a real inspiration to me.

My goal is not to be skinny after giving birth or so but to not be heavier post pregnancy than before and I would love to be a little lighter (if possible) so this makes losing weight afterwards easier (I need to loose about a stone to a 1.5 stone to be healthy right now but I am only 20 weeks pregnant so I also need to consider the weight I put on now that I need to loose afterwards).

if it is too much for you to type here (or if I hijacked your thread perhaps you could PM me?).

Thank you so much :D

Hey Helen no probs you havent hijacked at all lol!
Ok...well basically all were doing (when Im able to eat and not throwing up that is) is eating a very healthy low fat balanced diet!
An example of a days menu would be
Breakfast.....2 weetabix with semi skimmed milk and a banana

Lunch.....2 Deli wraps with something like chicken and salad or tuna and salad, 2 x fruit

Dinner......A roast dinner keeping portions sensible of course/Chicken pasta with a home made sauce made up of pasata, onions, mushrooms, peppers, celery all reduced down in the pasata

Im basically working along the lines of the points system from WW....although only using that as a guide for fat intake etc.

Lots of fresh fruit and veg at least 5 a day usually more though.
Plenty water.
Lots of tuna chicken and fish
Baked potatoes etc etc just mainly cutting down on the fat intake but we still eat currys, pizza, chinese etc just keep it to once a week treat!

I hope that has helped a little bit?

When I saw constultant on thurs and he mentioned how much weight Ive lost I asked him (not seen him before) if I was still ok loosing weight throughout the pregnancy....he said as long as its through eating a healthy balanced diet and that I wasnt deliberately starving myself then that was ok....so thats all Im doing really!

I also hope to end up lighter by the time the baby arrives than when I started but believe me Im more than any 1.5 stone overweight so I can afford to loose a few pounds lol!

Good luck and if I can help in any other way just ask xxx

And the big thing for me has actually been that I have started to eat! Breakfast was always a no no with me and I would usually have a sandwich about 2pm the first thing all day and then would skip dinner with eating sandwich late afternoon!

but they forbid me to loose weight because they told me MW and also nutricionist that even if I loose it in a healthy way toxins get released in my body (from the fat that will be burned) and that it can harm my baby.

one midwife tried to tell me this too. Then I lost weight (without trying) and was really worried. When I told another midwife she told me not to worry, most people lose weight in the first trimester if they get bad morning sickness. :roll: I had weight to lose too, so didnt really matter.

Yeah Tiny I also assumed I would be in trouble for loosing weight while pregnant but apparently its ok now coz with my sickness being really bad I wasnt keeping anything at all down so she said dont worry as long as your drinking water the baby will get all it needs from your body....and since 26th June I have a weight loss every week and baby is growing just fine...xxx

Yeah Tiny I also assumed I would be in trouble for loosing weight while pregnant but apparently its ok now coz with my sickness being really bad I wasnt keeping anything at all down so she said dont worry as long as your drinking water the baby will get all it needs from your body....and since 26th June I have a weight loss every week and baby is growing just fine...xxx

wow that is so great, I also eat healthy now and try to eat breakfast (I never did that and then got really hungry around 1 pm and then instead of some wholegrain sandwiches I usually ate some luxury buns with loads of cheese and or salami or fatty stuff like that and then nothing and then another craving around 4 of chocolate, and or biscuits (with coffee). I must admit eating in the morning makes me hungry much quicker and makes it hard to eat a little (in comparison to what I did before) but it give me much more energy ( I used to have really bad dips).

I now eat some cereal (wheat and or wholegrain) with some soy milk in the morning (I don't do weetabix they are really bad and I cannot eat that sorry), then around 10 I eat some fruit or a little glass of smoothie. then around 12 12.30ish I eat some slices of bread, with either light cream cheese or light dairy spread, turkey, chicken etc mainly the ' healthy' options. sometimes I eat something like sausage (thin) but then I only put it on one slice and put the second slice of bread on top (so less stuff between the slices of bread). I do not mind getting a bit of fat from this because I don't consume any butter (I don't like it).

then usually around 3.30 pm I will eat some more fruit and or healthy snack (a rice cake or some healthy homemade low calorie cake, just a thin slice).

ofcourse supper, where I eat about 100-125gram of lean meat (mainly chicken or minced beef) with some potatoes (usually baked or fried in a skillet but this is the only fat I consume every day so I do try to eat them fried in olive oil to get some essential fats in my diet). I still cannot make it to 200gram of vegetable when I for instance eat a portion of steamed broccoli. that is why I also make soup once or twice during the week and then I use pulses, so red lentil soup because it is tasty but not so much vegetable taste. I also love passata and eat that at least once a week. When I make a spaghetti bolognese I put mushrooms, peppers, and courgette in the tomato sauce and love veggies this way.

this night we ate lasagne bolognese with some mushrooms in it and I made a bechamel sauce to put on top (made up from skimmed milk) and I had put some scattered gorgonzola on top. that is a bit greasy cheese but a little goes a long way and makes it taste really nice (in my opinion).

I also try to eat some dairy at night, some healthy yoghurt and I take one glass of (light) dairy with my tea to get some calcium.

I must admit I still eat some sweets at night (which I shouldn't) but I just cannot seem to stop this (3 biscuits for example). on monday I ate a jaffa cake bar (but that only contained 97 calories) so much better option than the giant chocolate buttons which was my first pick. I know it sounds sad but then I am really proud for making that decision.

I know I eat pretty bad when I have a lot of stress and tension and I am not feeling well but this also contributes to my feeling of uglyness. because afterwards I feel very guilty for eating it and I so much want to be slim (and more confident).

What do you think does this diet sound pretty ok? I think it sounds like a little but I guess that is all you need?

the worst thing I have is that I am always hungry for bad stuff, sausage roll, crisps, chocolate, mince pies, iced coffee with cream, cakes, candy bars etc etc (how do you get rid of this?).

Last edited:
if youre craving salty/savoury things then it could be dehydration. have a pint of water and see how you feel in 15 mins. If youre craving sugar your body is trying to tell you that you need to eat again so have something like a banana for slow release energy. This is what Im always being told. But i just grab the sugary snacks and a bag of crisps!! :rofl:

hmm usually yes that is true but when I was pregnant with my first I drank loads (of liquid I mean ofcourse hehe) and I was always craving salty things and now I drink the same maybe less but I am always thiking of chocolate stupid isn't it?

yeah helen i think what your eating is fine although Im no expert like I say as long as your getting a balance of everything you need for you and the baby you cant go wrong....just go easy on the chocolate lol!

xx

29th June Lost 5.5lbs Total 5.5 Lbs

5th July Lost 1.5lbs Total 7lbs

12th July Lost 2lbs Total 9lbs

19th July Lost 4.5lbs Total 13.5lbs

26th July Lost 2lbs Total 15.5lbs

1st Aug Lost 1/2lb Total 16lbs

9th Aug Lost 1lb Total 17lbs

16th Aug ON HOLS

23rd Aug Lost 4lbs Total 21.5 lbs

13 Sept Lost 1.25lbs Total 22.75lb

6th Oct Lost 4.25 lbs (since 13th sept) Total 27lbs

So ladies Ive not posted for a couple of weeks....so heres an update...Ive lost another 4.25 lbs since 13th sept making a total of 27lbs....Im soooo proud I have had consistant weight losses since I started back in June!

xxx

wow that is so amazing wilma :D I hope to reach something like that too, but I do notice since I am under a lot of pressure these days it is very hard for me to stick to healthy eating. as soon as I feel bad I immediately crave chocolate and bad things :( but you're such an inspiration to me. Now I know that it is possible I also try to eat healthy and hope it works out well.

Keep the good work going!!!

Thanks Helen....its great to know I can spur you on too and dont worry too much about the odd bit of naughty stuff it will be fine Im sure just I had/still have a lot to lose so Im finding it really easy with us doing it as a family!

Something I also feel happier about is now I know I can do it easily Im not panicking too much about if and how much weight I gain in the last three months although the consultant said its not unusual for curvier ladies :) to end up lighter after the birth than when they started so I may carry on with the weekly weight losses if I stay on the healthy lifestyle....

You can do it too...just dont be too hard on yourself if you have a bad day...theres always tomorrow...xxx

the consultant said its not unusual for curvier ladies :) to end up lighter after the birth than when they started so

My BMI was 30 at booking and I was lighter 3 weeks after giving birth but then I gained half a stone in the 3 weeks following that :wall: I was compensating for the lack of sleep with sugar! Ive lost a quarter of a stone now so back to my booking appointments weight. I had preeclampsia so Im determined to get my BMI within normal range before I get pregnant again, to reduce the chance of it happening again.

I wonder why pregnancy seems to make the weight fall off some people, if only they could find a way to replicate that effect when we're not pregnant!

Thought Id post an update on the weight management quest!

Well at 28 weeks prg Ive lost 31.5 lbs....had gained 3lbs then lost 1.5lbs again when got weighed a couple of weeks ago so all in all Ive lost 30lbs from June!

Feeling great for it too and still loving the results of our lifestyle change all round!

MW and consultants still more than happy for me to continue with the healthy eating so happy and being sensible with the goodies over christmas to make sure my Diabetes stays as well controlled as it has been xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back