New Year, New You! [The Big Weightloss Thread]

Nic- Wow you look fab :)

Everyone- I was just coming to echo tofeepop and shout at you for weighing everyday, it's a slippery slope! I'm only nagging because I care :hug: xx

wise, wise words TP and katy :hug: i too am a terrible one for weighing every day :wall2: my first weigh in on the friday morning tomorrow (tbh i've been terrified of the scales :lol: but then haven't been off them this week :wall2:) so i'm now only weighing on friday mornings (i've even set my ww's on line to it for our motivation thread :dance:)

i've been eating perfect points this week, and tbh i can't eat them all, and i've racked up loads on the exercise front :yay: i just hope i can see a little difference tomorrow morning, but i refuse to be down if i don't, this is the right time for me now, i really feel that, and having you all here is really helping :oops:

ok i'm rambling :oops:

TP - well done honey! amazing amazing!!

nic - you are stunning! looking great honey! i was just looking over that site, thats amazing! i think once i've lost a good 'chunk' :lol: i will need to tone up, but i think first port of call is get it off!

so all good to report in on the carly front, more exercise today, good eating day, although we were at mums for dinner and i had a little white rice, rather than brown, but hey, we can't have it all :rofl:

how's everyone else this evening? xxx

carly you're doin fab hun!! bet you feel great from all the exercise! oh and i saw on the telly earlier, muller lights are 5 for £1 in tescos :lol: made me think of you!

nic, are there any specific exercises that can tone up boob type areas? that can be done at home? its one of the main areas i want to lose on, they have shrunk since i had ella, but not enough for my liking!!

and another question lol, what happens to your skin when you lose weight?! i've got really un-elasticy skin, i'm covered in stretchies from when i was growing up, and obv the ones from being pregnant. so i'm dead worried that i'm gona lose weight and just have all this mingin crepe-papery skin left hanging there :lol:

carly you're doin fab hun!! bet you feel great from all the exercise! oh and i saw on the telly earlier, muller lights are 5 for £1 in tescos :lol: made me think of you!

nic, are there any specific exercises that can tone up boob type areas? that can be done at home? its one of the main areas i want to lose on, they have shrunk since i had ella, but not enough for my liking!!

and another question lol, what happens to your skin when you lose weight?! i've got really un-elasticy skin, i'm covered in stretchies from when i was growing up, and obv the ones from being pregnant. so i'm dead worried that i'm gona lose weight and just have all this mingin crepe-papery skin left hanging there :lol:

Press ups! They are fantastic for toning your chest and getting rid of extra fat. There are three different types of push-up you can do, with each being a harder intensity. The idea would be to start with the basic one, do a few sets, then rest and gradually increasing until you can do a full press up. I'll try and find a video showing the different types, otherwise I'll make one :oops: :lol:

Other than that, you'd need dumbells. They are cheap (argos do them for £10ish), but if you don't have them to hand it's best to start of press ups first.

If you lose weight very quickly, and have a lot to lose then you will suffer from excess skin. If you lose weight gradually, you most likely won't. However the best thing you can do is just some gentle toning exercises each day as part of your routine to help you firm up. What areas are you concerned about?

Well tonight was AMAZING! I met my PT and she is fantastic. Has applied to the military before, has kids, etc so gets where I'm coming from. I told her about my shin splints, so she assessed me then told me to get on the treadmill and gradually increase the rate until it started to twinge then stop.

I ran double the distance I've ever done, and no pain :yay: So having the last 4 days off has obviously helped, plus running on a treadmill is easier than in snow :lol: I'm also hoping that I don't have proper shin splints either as I stopped as soon as I felt some pain.

So after that we did weight lifting and resistance training for an hour and she had to up all my weights and reps as I did better than expected :) So happy I had such a good workout. I'm addicted already! I came home really hyped up :lol:

So I'm going back tomorrow and Saturday, then another PT session on Monday.

My food for today....

Breakfast: fruit smoothie
snack: melon
lunch: sandwich
snack: pre workout protein shake
dinner: vegetable stirfry

Not a lot to eat today, but couldn't face eating more, I wasn't very hungry!

oh god, me and pressups is interesting :lol: will give it a go tho! am thinkin of poppin over to tescos cos hey've got step thingies 1/2 price and offers on all the other stuff. although i think my parents wouldkill me for bringin more crap into the house :lol: as for the saggy skin, its just my belly i'm worried about no point bein all skinny if its all saggy skin too!

am glad it went well with PT, so wish i could afford one...and get the time to go lol.

well, this week i've lost 1lb :oops: am gutted cos i was doing so well til wednesday. have lost 2" off my hips since last tues tho and 1" off my waist, so not doin too bad! cant wait to see how everyone else has done!

oh wow alice thats brilliant loss :yipee:

well i'm a happy carly am i've lost 2.5lbs this week :yay: am so pleased as its a sign i'm doing the right thing :lol:

well done girls, that is brilliant! :yay:

Alice, 1lb is great! Just think that's 52lbs in a year ;)

My PT is cheap as I go to a community centre rather than a gym. Plus everything up here seems to be cheaper! I pay £10 for an hour, but last night was with her for 2 hours.

I've lost 1.5lbs, which I'm happy with as I only really exercised a couple of times this week, and had a chinese one night!

I've just had a baked potato, low fat cottage cheese, a healthy B portion of pink salmon (yummm), moruno tomatoes - my latest favourite - rocket and loads of sweetcorn. I'm stuffed!

HAVE to keep the weight off...it has to go. Loooong way to go though, as always.

You girls are doing amazing :yay:

That sounds really yummy TP :)

I've updated the first page now with everyone's loss

Right, I am determined to lose 2lbs next week. Gym tonight, but I haven't decided what workout to do yet.

well done girls!! i was dead worried someone was going to come on and be like, ooo i've lost a stone and make me feel really shit! have seen other weightloss threads elsewhere and people are losing so much, but i'm glad everyone on here's losing realistic amounts iykwim?

i bought a book this aft that has loads of workouts that you can do at home, lots for boobs and a postnatal workout thing! seems dead good, lets see how long i last tho :lol:

I think sometimes, on other forums, people might stretch the truth a bit :lol: I was member of a parenting forum for about a month and it didn't seem real. tbh though the only people they are lying to is themselves! ;) Plus by losing 1-2lbs a week we are more likely to keep losing :yay:

longer it takes to come off, longer it stays off!! i wana be down to 10.5stone by 13th feb. well preferably before lol, but defo by then. and when i do get down to it, i'm treatin myself to a haircut aswell :D

How are we all doing over the weekend girls?

I'll wait until tomorrow night, then award the slimmer of the week blinkie :yay:

My day today...

Breakfast: skipped (I am terrible for skipping breakfast at weekends!)
Lunch: low fat pizza and salad

exercise: 20mins treadmill

Snack: pre-workout protein shake

exercise: 20mins treadmill, 1 hour resistance/weights

Dinner: will be salad I think...

lost 4lbs this week!!!! yay!!!! :yay: now 12st 13lbs - much better but needs to get more better lol

I got some new trainers today. I'm like a little kid with them :lol:

Went to a proper running shop to get my gait analysed, then paid a silly amount for a good pair of trainers as I tend to injure myself running. So these ones correct my balance.

I'm off to the gym now to use them in anger :rofl:

^^^^ :rotfl: always good to have good fitted foot wear :)

thanks i only lost 4lbs because its my first week - will prob do this next week then it will be 1 - 2 lbs a week from there onwards but im enjoying it atm lol 0 knowing my luck i will do really well then get pregnant hahahah :rotfl:

They had a camera, and recorded me running, then zoomed in and slowed it down.

I officially run like a duck :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back