Do any April/May mummies want to try and lose our baby weight together?

jodied

Reaction score
Hi all,

Wasn't sure where to post this - feeling a bit in limbo since having Ella early and feeling like a fraud posting in tri 3 but that's where we should still be!

We had a number of threads in tri 3 about people's weight concerns and plans to lose the baby weight afterwards. I thought it might be nice to try and do this together so if anyone wants to share their pre-pregnancy weight, their weight gain during pregnancy, their weight loss at labour and their journey to try and get back to their pre-pregnancy weight or even a different goal, that would be lovely! I'll start and hope that as the other April/May mummies give birth you might come and join me!

My plan is to weigh myself every week on a Saturday - I'm going to try and get out and about with the buggy, get back to swimming as soon as possible and in a few weeks I will start using my wii fit again. I will also try and eat sensibly and hope that breastfeeding will help me shift this baby bulge! If at all possible I would like to hit my target before I go back to work in November but I'm not sure if this is realistic or not so will just see how things go.

Biggest loser ;-)
bethx (1stone 5lbs!!)

Stone club ;-)
All lost more than a stone (gold stars!!) -
Bethx
Cherelle
Catty1

Half stone club ;-)
All lost more than half a stone (silver stars!!) -
Setdse
Lea554
Jodied

Nearest to goal ;-)
Smess26 (only 4lbs to go!)

Jodied
Pre-pregnancy weight: 11 stone exactly
Last weigh in before gave birth: 13 stone 9
First weigh in after gave birth (16th April 2 weeks after birth): 12 stone 7
Goal weight: 10 stone 7 (this was what I was at my wedding in May 2010)
Weight to lose: 2 stone exactly by November (28lbs so 1lb/week)
Current weight 11.07.11: 11 stone 11 (lost 10lbs)

setdse
Pre-pregnancy weight: 13 stone 3 at 12 week appointment
Last weigh in before gave birth: 13 stone 6
First weigh in after gave birth: 13 stone
Goal weight: 11 stone by New Year
Weight to lose: 2 stone exactly (28lbs)
Current weight ?: 12 stone 7 (lost 7lbs)

smess26
Pre-pregnancy weight: 9 stone
Last weigh in before gave birth: 11 stone
First weigh in after gave birth: 9 stone 10
Goal weight: 9 stone
Weight to lose: 10lbs
Current weight 31.05.11: 9 stone 4 (lost 6lbs)

lea554
Pre-pregnancy weight: 10 stone
Last weigh in before gave birth: 12 stone 6
First weigh in after gave birth (one week after birth): 11 stone 8
Goal weight: 10 stone
Weight to lose: 1 stone 8 (22lbs)
Current weight 08.07.11: 11 stone exactly (lost 8lbs)

bethx
Pre-pregnancy weight: 9 stone
Last weigh in before gave birth: 12 stone
First weigh in after gave birth 14.05.11: 11 stone 5
Goal weight: 9 stone 7
Weight to lose: 1 stone 12 (26lbs)
Current weight 04.07.11: 10 stone exactly (lost 1 stone 5lbs!)

catty1
Pre-pregnancy weight: 10 stone
Last weigh in before gave birth: 14 stone
First weigh in after gave birth (9 days later): 12 stone 4
Goal weight: 9 stone 7
Weight to lose: 2 stone 4 (32lbs)
Current weight 17.07.11: 11 stone 4 (lost 1 stone!)

pinkymum
Pre-pregnancy weight: 12 stone 8
Last weigh in before gave birth: 14 stone
First weigh in after gave birth: 12 stone 7
Goal weight: 10 stone
Weight to lose: 2 stone 7 (35lbs)
Current weight 19.06.11: 12 stone 2 (lost 5lbs)

Cantstop
Pre-pregnancy weight: 14st 10lb
Last weigh in before gave birth: 16st 3lb
First weigh in after gave birth: 15st 5lb
Start weight 14st 6lb
Goal weight: 12st
Weight to lose: 2st 6lb (34lbs)
Current weight:...

Cherelle
Pre-pregnancy weight: 10st
Last weigh in before gave birth: 14st!
First weigh in after gave birth: 13st5
Start weight 13st4
Goal weight: 10st
Weight to lose: 3st4 (46lbs)
Current weight 15.07.11: 12 stone exactly (lost 1 stone 4lbs!)

Riotfox
Pre-pregnancy weight: 9st7
Last weigh in before gave birth: 11st6
First weigh in after gave birth (2 weeks later): 10st1
Goal weight: 9st7
Weight to lose: 8lbs
Current weight 17.07.11: 9st 12lbs (lost 3lbs)

Treeze
Pre-"Emma" pregnancy weight: roughly 14 stone
Last weigh in before gave birth: 18 stone 2lb
First weigh in after gave birth (16th April 2 weeks after birth): 17 stone 2lb
Goal weight: 13 stone (this was my wedding wight in sept 2009 (nearly 1 year before i fell pregnant)
Monday 27th June I was 16 stone 9lb
Weight to lose: 3 stone 9lb!!!!
Current weight 04.07.11: 16stone 5.5lbs (lost 3.5lbs)

Last edited:
I'm happy to join you after baby arrives! Oh and please post in tri 3 cos you're totally welcome there and you shouldn't feel like a fraud! Plus us first time mums might appreciate the tips you can give us :)

Ooooh count me in!! Ill post my weight and stuff after ive had him cos ill prob put more on :-( Ive got probably over 2 stone to lose though! x

I'll def be joining you soon...but won't be posting my weight...just the losses! You can easily lose 2 stone by November Jodie!! And do post in Tri 3, it's always nice to see you there :) xx

Thanks guys :)

I'm gonna keep my beady eyes on you all in tri 3 so thank you for making me feel welcome. Just been out for my first walk with the buggy so that's a positive step but on the other hand I probably shouldn't have had half a choc cookie earlier!! X

Defo count me in! I will have alot to lose I reckon, if I ever bloody give birth that is! x

Meeee three....... I shall be here. Jodie your always welcome lovely would miss you if you didn't post x x x

I will definitely join this when baby comes along!

Excellent news! We are all going to be yummy mummies in no time at all xx

Yeah! I'll be interested to see what exercise everyone ends up managing to fit in too, I have grand plans for Kinect dancing, walking with buggy and dog, and bike rides with dog but I'm worried I'll end up doing nowt.

Im up for this to! I know what you mean jodie! I'm an early fraud too! :D

I was 13st 3lb when i was weighed at my 12w appointment... dont know what i was before.
32w appointment and i was 13st 6lb... :D Very happy with this and midwife confused!
now post pregnancy 5w 13st exactly!
Goal weight 11st by new year. although i would like to get down to 10st but im trying to be realistic!
so i also have 2 st to loose!

I was out walking the buggy around in 2nd week and try and get out everyday even if its just to wonder round town! xx

Excellent setdse! I now have no excuse not to start properly because we can start together and the other ladies can join us! Are you up for weighing ourselves every Saturday? I have worked out that there are about 30 weeks between now and November and two stone is 28 pounds so i only need to lose a pound a week! Completely do-able! Ive been naughty with food tonight so my healthy food plan starts properly tomorrow! I'm quite excited now xx

Excellent setdse! I now have no excuse not to start properly because we can start together and the other ladies can join us! Are you up for weighing ourselves every Saturday? I have worked out that there are about 30 weeks between now and November and two stone is 28 pounds so i only need to lose a pound a week! Completely do-able! Ive been naughty with food tonight so my healthy food plan starts properly tomorrow! I'm quite excited now xx

ok im up for this! going out for some scales tomorrow morning! Also counting towards my exercise walking to town and back with the LO! :dance:

Eating healthy is gunna be the hardet bit for me as my OH is so fussy with food and just eats complete crap and i rarely can be bothered to cook 2 diff meals! But i shall make an effort now! Even if it means he has to cook his own!

Cant wait till LO is weening as then i cna atleast store it and give it to him too!

Woohoo we have a plan!! Gonna find it hard to fit in some exercise tomorrow coz we have visitors in the morning and then a hospital app in the afternoon so will have to be good with food tomorrow! are you bf? I'm hoping that will help me lose the weight! X

no! I completely regret it now! Got so frustrated with it in hospital and LO ended up in SCBU i just gave up :mad: wish i'd been stronger!

Just means more work for me in other areas! LOL

Awww dont be sad I think it's really hard to establish bf when your lo is in scbu! I've had problems and my milk almost dried up completely but I'm trying to get it back by expressing after every feed - we are also topping Ella up with expressed milk from a bottle. I'm not convinced that bf guarantees weight loss anyway hun so I think thats just wishful thinking on my part! Loving your signature - I'm doing that now!!! X

alot of people have said its hard in scbu and they even said its sometimes better to formula feed but i think i just gave up to early and didnt try hard enough! but its all dried up now so no going back!

Thanks lol means i can keep track of it lol :) Im actually quite excited! Think i might have a cooking day and make up some healthy meals in mass and freeze em so if im having a lazy day or busy day i can just defrost it! :D

My missions for tomorrow:

- buy scales! (walk into and back from town)
- Buy lots of ingredients to make some yummy meals! (walk to supermarket and back)

:D im actually very excited! :D

Last edited:
I am too :)

I think it's because we are taking control! X

I'm looking forward to finally being able to take control of my body and get back in shape....during this last trimester , especially this last month, my weight has ballooned. You ladies are actually lucky that you missed out on an extra month of weight gain, lol. I can't wait to get back to the gym...but that won't be for at least 2 months after birth I think. In the meantime it'll just be regular walks out with the pram and healthy eating. It's been nice eating whatever I want whenever I want but it has to stop....at least we are coming into Spring/Summer now and I always find it easier to eat lighter and healthier when the sun is shining :) xx

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to finally being able to take control of my body and get back in shape....during this last trimester , especially this last month, my weight has ballooned. You ladies are actually lucky that you missed out on an extra month of weight gain, lol. I can't wait to get back to the gym...but that won't be for at least 2 months after birth I think. In the meantime it'll just be regular walks out with the pram and healthy eating. It's been nice eating whatever I want whenever I want but it has to stop....at least we are coming into Spring/Summer now and I always find it easier to eat lighter and healthier when the sun is shining :) xx

Aww bless you amanda! If found i was loosing weight although my pregnancy! Which im not complaining about as i wanted to lose before i found out anyway!

Im the same, salads and fruit etc! love em and always more encouraged to eat it when its hot. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back