New Year, New You! [The Big Weightloss Thread]

lol at starving alice! i shall look at the boots tablets when i'm done with my adios i think. sounds like your doing amazingly hon!

can we share any dinner's we're finding good for your diet :) thus far i've enjoyed brown rice with low fat curry's, veg stir fry's, jacket pot's with cottage and tonight i've made chicken fajitas with loads of veggies :yay:

i ate 3 fajitas for tea :oops: apart from that i only had a bowl of ww soup tho. and a slice of ham and an apple lol. i'll cry if i've not lost any more tomorrow!

lots of luck tomorrow alice! mmmm fajita's were good, and had a miller light, not quite chocolate but hey, i has to come off!

First day back for me, never weighed this morning, was afraid to weigh-in today so will just weigh-in on Friday and hope :lol:

I had a tomato omelette for breakfast, some meat and salad for lunch and garlic chicken and veg this evening plus 1.5 litres of water :D

So a great 1st day and for once I feel better than I've felt in weeks :yay:

Well done girls :yay:

That is brilliant Mamafy! Well done :yay: I always like starting out, as I think you feel the difference quickly.

I did another cheeky weigh in, and turns out my weekend wasn't too bad as I've lost 1.5lbs since Friday. Pretty happy with that seeing as I'm still out of action for running.

aaaaan I keep having to pull up my size 14 jeans, which I only got back into 2 weeks ago :yay: They are still snug on my thighs, but loose around my waist. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll be in a 12!

thats fab about the jeans!! i have the oposite problem, its my legs tht they're always too big on compared to my waist!!

well i've lost 3lb, although only 1lb since friday when i joined in on here!! would have probs been more if it werent for that bloody cheese and wine cos i gained 1lb after that :oops:

overall i've lost 5.2 inches :shock: including 1" off my boobs :dance::dance: and 1.4 off my waist!!

its really kept me motivated cos i was flagging a bit yesterday!!

:yay: Well done hun, that's very good :) It feels great when you see it coming off :yay:

'Twas the month after Christmas, and all through the house,
Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.
The biscuits I'd nibbled, the champagne I'd taste,
All the holiday parties had gone to my waist.

When I got on the scales there arose such a number!
When I walked to the shops (less a walk,more a lumber).
I'd remember the marvellous meals I'd prepared;
The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared,
The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese,
And the way I'd never said, "No thank you, please."

As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt,
And prepared once again to do battle with dirt,
I said to myself, as I only can,
"You can't spend all Summer disguised as a man!"

So-away with the last of the sour cream dip,
Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip,
Every last bit of food that I like must be banished,
'Til all the additional ounces have vanished.
I won't have a biscuit - not even a lick.
I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick.
I won't have hot scones, or cake, or fruit pie,
I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.

I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore,
But isn't that what January is for?
Unable to laugh, no longer a riot.
Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet!

:rofl: So true!

My dentist told me last year that we actually eat more in January, I put on loads of weight from December - February last year so I'm DETERMINED not to do the same again, took me all blooming year getting it off :mad:

What's everyone's eating plans today?

well i've lost 3lb, although only 1lb since friday when i joined in on here!! would have probs been more if it werent for that bloody cheese and wine cos i gained 1lb after that :oops:

overall i've lost 5.2 inches :shock: including 1" off my boobs :dance::dance: and 1.4 off my waist!!

its really kept me motivated cos i was flagging a bit yesterday!!

That is amazing, well done!! You must be really feeling a difference :yay:

:rofl: So true!

My dentist told me last year that we actually eat more in January, I put on loads of weight from December - February last year so I'm DETERMINED not to do the same again, took me all blooming year getting it off :mad:

What's everyone's eating plans today?

It's true. I think it has something to do with the cold weather too, as we naturally want to comfort eat carb heavy food. In the summer we're more likely to have things like salads, BBQs, etc.

No plans for today. I desperately need to go into town, but OH has the car seat and the pram :dohh: I would use the sling, but it's too icy and a 3 mile walk.

Going to try a run today, see how my leg is now. Having a nice healthy salad for lunch I think, and fajitas for dinner.

'Twas the month after Christmas, and all through the house,
Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.
The biscuits I'd nibbled, the champagne I'd taste,
All the holiday parties had gone to my waist.

When I got on the scales there arose such a number!
When I walked to the shops (less a walk,more a lumber).
I'd remember the marvellous meals I'd prepared;
The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared,
The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese,
And the way I'd never said, "No thank you, please."

As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt,
And prepared once again to do battle with dirt,
I said to myself, as I only can,
"You can't spend all Summer disguised as a man!"

So-away with the last of the sour cream dip,
Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip,
Every last bit of food that I like must be banished,
'Til all the additional ounces have vanished.
I won't have a biscuit - not even a lick.
I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick.
I won't have hot scones, or cake, or fruit pie,
I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.

I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore,
But isn't that what January is for?
Unable to laugh, no longer a riot.
Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet!

That is brilliant! :rofl:

toffee pop that's fab!!

i skipped breakfast today, didnt get time plus i'm not a morning eater really. lunch will be soup, poss with some ryvita and tea a small portion of whatever my mum's doin...and half of katie's dinner aswell probably haha!! i'm so terrible for that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back