New Year, New You! [The Big Weightloss Thread]

:yay: way to go alice :yay: well done
TP - thats brilliant! love it!
and well done mamafy and nic! sounds like things are going well :yay:

all good in the carly camp once again today!
special k for breakfast (again), been swimming this morning and now i've had a jacket with cottage cheese (mmm)
and for tea a veggie chilli! maddi's at mums so i'm going to spend the afternoon doing lots of cleaning and my work out dvd :yay:

Good job on swimming hun, I love it :)

I've just booked an hour long personal training session at the gym on Thurday. Decided I'll go twice a week to keep me motivated, and get the personal trainer to set me targets through the week and tell me off if I don't reach them.

thats a good plan!! i have no one to look after the kids so im just gonna do my work out dvd pump it up dance workout 3 times a week dont sound much but i do 30 mins atleast a day on my cross county bike x

Can OH not look after the kids? I work out when Nim is in bed, so OH doesn't really have to do anything! It;s my wind down time too :)

I shall probably be joining in after baby if that's okay xx

be good to have you here katy sweetie :wave: when your ready of course :D

sounds good nic :thumbup: i've decided on swimming 3 times a week - tues is always maddi's lesson which is great exercise as you have her as well as yourself :lol:
and i'm going with mum friday and james sunday - its great as they can watch maddi whilst i do my lengths :yay: i find it easy exercise, which is amazing for me :lol:

yer he could look after them but his shift are all over the place as he does care work so its always dif shifts . . i think i prefure working out at home anyway lol and im starting yoga soon at the local childs club thing and thatd free!! yaya and a free creche too for the kids :) x x x

Well I've had another good day :yay: 1 more mouthful left of 1.5 litres water:D

How was everyone elses day?

Badly! I've had a Chinese and since it's the firt naughty thing I've had in a few weeks I feel seriously ill. At least it's put me off having another one! Had a crap lunch too so much have put on the weight I've lost this week :( also went for a run and I do have shin splints. Very painful to run on, so noway I can go next weekend now with the TA :cry: have to bite the bullet and tell my CO tomorrow and he's not a very accommodating person

:( Awww hun the chinese was well deserved :hug:

you cant help shin splints hun :hug: there's an exercise in one of my magazines to help with it, do you awnt me to dig it out?

i was well chuffed today, was in work doin a bit of shopping and was havin a chat with someone,talkin about the breakup and everythin. she asked me if stress is the reason i've lost so much weight :D which made me happy cos she noticed!!

took the new pram out before, jst with ella in. jesus christ its hard work in the snow! would never have got home with the both of them in!!

oh nic :hug: sweetie don't beat yourself up over it, and you certainly can't help your poor shin's :hug:

another good day over here - just finished dinner etc and i feel positively stuffed and i've banked 10.5 points already this week :yay:
sooooooooo hoping for a noticeable loss this week, i think i need my first loss to keep me on track, i've been super strict, but hey, i think it's a long journey for me

hows everyone else doing today? good job on the water intake mamafy - i find it really helps with mine too, and alice, so nice to see someone notice, your looking fab hon :hug: xx

Well done Carly :yay:

And Alice you do look great :yay:

How's the leg today Nic? EAting?

Another good day here but I have the headache from hell :wall2: this is the 3rd day for me and I'm doing Atkins, just checked my diary from last time and it was the 3rd day I got a bad headache last time as well :( It will last till the 5th day, ah well !

I have nearly 2 litres in water in me and all healthy food so roll on another day :thumbup:

Well done everyone and how is everyone else doing?

Aw Tonks :hug: and :yay: for Alice! Everyone seems to be doing so well, that I'm afraid I'm not this week :( Already :( Due to weigh in tomorrow so have decided that, being fair, I've been off plan for over 6 months and have given it a shot for a week and will start completely seriously, and writing it all down as it's the only way I can say OMG I ate 800 syns in a day instead of 105 in a week :rofl:

I also have some, what I can only say, are AF symptoms for the first time in over 2 years so am feeling a bit ...flat. My excuse for ginger nuts and I'm sticking to it :D :lol:

I'll crack on as of Friday- let's see what the damage is tomorrow eh?

Well done ladies - inspirational that you're all doing so well! Mamafy - hope those headaches go soon, that's no fun. :hug: Having the same thing since Sunday but am blaming my sudden decrease in caffeine intake as the issue ;)

:hug: to all and :yay: for another good week for all!

:hug: Toffeepop, that sounds like a plan for next week :yay:

I haven't limited my coffee, I know I should but think I wouldn't be alive without it :rofl:

I am horrendous without my caffeine :cry: and it's making me irritable without it too :( But I'm trying now because if I get pregnant any time soon, suddenly stopping would turn me into the bitch monster from hell...:rofl: I think the hubby has had enough of me without that too - the nicotine-removal has been bad enough! :rofl:

I'm tetchy and flat today :( I'm hoping it's the sudden change of hormones ! :D

:hug: sounds like a good plan TP :thumbup:

mamafy - can i ask what a typical day's menu is for you? i did atkins years ago before i switched to ww's but i don't really like much meat so ww is probably best :lol: though for my pcos a GI diet or atkins is probably best. sounds like your doing good hon :yay: hope the headaches passes soon :hug: xxx

i too can't live without coffee atm, that and lighter hot choc!

Typical day in induction which I'm going back to only because I was bad over Xmas and knocked myself out of ketosis so my own stupid fault :wall2:

Tomato and mushroom omelette with cheese
Corned beef salad
Chicken, broccoli & cauliflower

I'll take an atkins bar with a cuppa before bed

After induction ( I might only do a week and a half this time instead of nearly 3 like last time) I add some berries and blueberries are my favourites :)

Then (the next week) I add nuts so hazelnuts, walnuts and peanuts and for a snack I can have peanuts butter with veggies like celery :D

I am in pre-maintenance meaning I'm within 10 lbs of goal or I was before Xmas :roll: (put on 4 lbs) so I was actually at the grains rung of the diet and was having more fruit like bananas, apples etc and having all bran for breakfast and eating a bit of brown bread a few times a week :)

I find it really good as you have no sugar cravings and it got me off my crisp habit (sometimes 4-5 bags a day :( )

TP i dont know what i'd do with out caffeine! i've practically got it on a drip atm :lol:

everyone sounds like they're doing so well! i hope your headache goes soon mamafy! and can i ask what ketosis is? i've seen it mentioned before, but dont have a clue what it is haha!

i fell off the wagon today :( never mind tho, tomorrow is another day and all that!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back