**February Babies 2012**

Question....I am due for a sweep saturday....
If my cervix isnt dilated AT ALL can the MW still do the sweep? any advice?? x

Question....I am due for a sweep saturday....
If my cervix isnt dilated AT ALL can the MW still do the sweep? any advice?? x

well mine was gonna do a sweep today if it wasnt going anywhere, but she could reach my cervix - even though i was having good contractions. So she couldnt sweep cos it wasnt low enough down.
xxx

Oh lordy!! I hope mine is low enough for her to touch. Ive got a tilted cervix so Im guessin mines gonna HURRRRTTT!!!!!
Shes doin it at home. u any idea wat the success rate us for a sweep? Can it start things off pretty soon? xx

I've got a tilted cervix/pelvis as well, dunno if that made it worse or not.

But I can honestly say it was worse than the contractions I've had so far!! Took all my strength not to kick her away.

But everyone's different. Dunno about success, cos some people have 2 or 3. Xxx

I've heard that 50% of women go into labour within 48 hours of a sweep... But what I keep thinking is how do you know they wouldn't have gone into labour anyway without the sweep?! X

Have u had or got a sweep booked Nic?? So unpredictable huh...baby cud come anytime....or if not by sat...maybs by tues....or mayb not?!?! grrrrrr!!!! who knows....soooo frustrating!!

Xxxx

You're right, GG, It is so unpredictable... Just playing the waiting game!
I have resigned myself to the fact that I will have to be induced now as Little Miss is showing absolutely NO signs of wanting to leave me and we are now 10 days over! Booked for induction tomorrow... Arghhh! So think today I am going to just relax, Have a chilled out day and forget all about trying to get things started myself. At least I should ave my baby with me by the end of the weekend!

Aw Nic sorry that lo hasn't made a move but there is still time. A friend was booked for induction at 9am last thursday and ended up rushing into hospital in the early hours of Thursday and having a really quick labour!! lol

Enjoy your last day though.

Can't believe we have a few babies appearing and a few more very close behind. x

Yeah, suppose there is a slight chance she might get a wriggle on today, but I'm guessing since I've had no signs at all, it's not very likely.
Really didn't want to go down the induction route... I know lots of people are induced, but I just think it's a sign that I am a failure cos my body isn't doing what it is supposed to be doing... :(

Actually that is what i said to my OH last night about my body. As i have been suffering with the top of my spine/neck as the relaxin or whatever its called has relaxed the spinal cord there ready for labour!! I mean c'mon - the complete wrong place!! :wall2::wall2::wall2::wall2: So struggling with severe headaches and pains at neck which is not fun along with all the other rubbish going on with body!! x

Awww... Doesn't this pregnancy lark take it's toll on our bodies... :(. Still, it will all be worth it once we have our LOs here safe and well. I have said to OH that we will not be having another as I am done with being pregnant! Lol

Nic...ur not a failure....ur ibv the most comfy warm n snuggly home in the world for lil miss.

Ive got sum dull back ache n side ache...could it b a sign or just a by product of my bad back in general....who knows xx

I was saying the same thing last night, I feel like my body isn't working properly and its my fault he's not here yet. Also suffering with top of spine, tight, clicky and sore. Not a happy bunny.

Nic...ur not a failure....ur ibv the most comfy warm n snuggly home in the world for lil miss.

Ive got sum dull back ache n side ache...could it b a sign or just a by product of my bad back in general....who knows xx

Thanks GG - that's what I'm trying to tell myself... I've just made it nice and comfy for her, but still can't help feeling crap that my body isn't doing what it should be doing naturally!

Fingers crossed your back pains turn into something labour- like! Xx

I was saying the same thing last night, I feel like my body isn't working properly and its my fault he's not here yet. Also suffering with top of spine, tight, clicky and sore. Not a happy bunny.

Does make you feel that way doesn't it - but then I suppose if we were left for weeks over the due date eventually something would happen...! So our bodies would eventually expel those babies! We're just a bit slower than the norm! Lol

Yeah, I think its not helping that everyone seems to be surprised I haven't had him yet, even though its quite normal. Feels like they all expected hum to be here and because he's not ppl keep saying things like. Haven't you had him yet?, he's a lazy baby! Or similar, and its getting me down.

Same here... I am really fed up with people asking 'any news?' on a daily basis... And then offering advice for how to bring things on quicker... Do they not think I'll tell them if there's any news and do they not think I'm trying all the things to get things started?! Grrrrr....!! Really frustrating... Got so upset yesterday, hubby actually banned me from Facebook cos it was stressing me too much dealing with everyone's questions!!
Gonna just try and chill today and not get myself stressed about it all... What will be will be... And on the positive side, the longer LO stays put, the longer I have an excuse to stuff myself silly with yummy treats cos I am still eating for two!!! :)

Deffo deffo deffi Nic...we managed pancake day...bonus n have more time t relax...

My plans for tday r quite embarrassin really...but should just enjoy it...lay in bed...watch trash n stuff I recorded on sky+....eat creme eggs...potter on preg forum...might do my 'labour nails' which incidently Ive dun about4times...lol.

Ooo oo oo n its OBEM TNIGHT!!!!!!! Makes ya realise how quick the weeks cum round...jeeeeez!!!! xxx

I had my first "where is he" text this morning. Don't want him to come yet as my SIL has started having contractions after her fore waters went on Sunday. Want little man to stay put for a bit longer.

People keep tellin me ways of bringing labour on but I don't want to do any of them because he still isn't engaged. I don't wanna start myself of if he isn't ready because i don't want the risk of cord prolapse.

It is tiring people asking all the time, its obviously nice they care and are interested but it makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong when they seem all shocked he's not here yet! Been for a walk with my grandparents and settling down for a rest now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back