***December 2019 Mummies***

Do u wash new clothes u buy for yourself?? I dnt lol i just wear them

I do wash babies clothes, washed the ones i brought previously and put it away, also washed the blankets,
Will wash the clothes i order soon and pack it all up :)
Haha no I just wear them instead of washing them first but I know some people who wash them first because they don’t like the idea of others trying them on haha :) I’m only washing the baby clothes because I read somewhere the baby will have sensitive skin and might irritate the baby if not washed first... also, it’ll keep me busy haha

Ok so today I got so worked up I cried at work haha. Within 10 mins of me arriving at work I was stressed. Can’t wait to finish. Then to top it off, last Monday I saw my consultant about an elective section and she said she would refer me to someone else for a 2nd opinion and therapy. She said the referral might take 7-10 days, which I thought was quite long considering I’m 35+4. I chased it up on Friday but I was told there was no referral on the system and to speak to the consultant’s Secretary. I left her a voicemail on Friday and she got back to me today. To cut a long story short, I ended up speaking to her twice, antenatal clinic appointments 3 times, and antenatal daycare assessment unit twice on my lunch hour. They just kept telling me to phone someone else and no one could help. They’ve said I need to speak to the consultant midwife but she doesn’t have any free clinic appointments until 8th January?!? I could feel myself getting more and more worked up and upset. Eventually clinic said all they could do was refer me back to my consultant who only has clinics on a Monday. I then asked if she had any appointments this afternoon but she wasn’t in today. I’ve been booked in for next Monday. I swear to god if she tells me that I still need the referral and it’ll take 7-10 days again I don’t know what I’ll do or say! Her clinic was actually booked up next Monday too so I’ve been squeezed in and no doubt I’ll be waiting around forever :-( so annoyed and frustrated. I want an elective section and I feel like they’re doing everything to stop me which isn’t fair as it’s my choice. So... that’s why I cried!

Hi ladies just popping in I can’t believe my boys are a whole week old !
They’ve been separated for a few days as both have been receiving jaundice treatment. Theo has been under treatment three times and Oscar twice ! we have a feeding schedule to follow which is hard work and involves not more than three hours between feeds, pumping ebm and topping up with ebm after feeds. The hardest bit is both boys are on separate schedules so I’m exhausted.
We’re hoping to finally go home tomorrow but we‘ll see.
Looking forward to seeing some more December babies x

They’ve been separated for a few days as both have been receiving jaundice treatment. Theo has been under treatment three times and Oscar twice ! we have a feeding schedule to follow which is hard work and involves not more than three hours between feeds, pumping ebm and topping up with ebm after feeds. The hardest bit is both boys are on separate schedules so I’m exhausted.
Aw lovely news that you’re heading home tomorrow with the boys! I can’t even begin to imagine how it is with two newborns nevermind one! Sounds like you’re doing an amazing job though x

Ok so today I got so worked up I cried at work haha. Within 10 mins of me arriving at work I was stressed. Can’t wait to finish. Then to top it off, last Monday I saw my consultant about an elective section and she said she would refer me to someone else for a 2nd opinion and therapy. She said the referral might take 7-10 days, which I thought was quite long considering I’m 35+4. I chased it up on Friday but I was told there was no referral on the system and to speak to the consultant’s Secretary. I left her a voicemail on Friday and she got back to me today. To cut a long story short, I ended up speaking to her twice, antenatal clinic appointments 3 times, and antenatal daycare assessment unit twice on my lunch hour. They just kept telling me to phone someone else and no one could help. They’ve said I need to speak to the consultant midwife but she doesn’t have any free clinic appointments until 8th January?!? I could feel myself getting more and more worked up and upset. Eventually clinic said all they could do was refer me back to my consultant who only has clinics on a Monday. I then asked if she had any appointments this afternoon but she wasn’t in today. I’ve been booked in for next Monday. I swear to god if she tells me that I still need the referral and it’ll take 7-10 days again I don’t know what I’ll do or say! Her clinic was actually booked up next Monday too so I’ve been squeezed in and no doubt I’ll be waiting around forever :-( so annoyed and frustrated. I want an elective section and I feel like they’re doing everything to stop me which isn’t fair as it’s my choice. So... that’s why I cried!

Oh no, dnt worry keep pushing for what you want and tell them its upseting you and stressing you out and hopefully they will book you in
Some of them do take the piss unfortunately

I got growth scan on the 26th and i got told they will give me an induction date then but God knows wat they will say or do, i doubt they will give me a date then bet u they will say come and see us again later date and we will tell u then :|

I just hope i go into natural labour :pray: cant be dealing with induction and getting fobbed off lol

Glad ur updating us X
How are you recovering???
Lots of love for the boys xxxxx

Update us wen ur home with them and how ur recovery is going and how ur managing xx

Haha no I just wear them instead of washing them first but I know some people who wash them first because they don’t like the idea of others trying them on haha :) I’m only washing the baby clothes because I read somewhere the baby will have sensitive skin and might irritate the baby if not washed first... also, it’ll keep me busy haha
Oh do wash the baby clothes! I had once bought a shirt and wore it immediately instead of washing it first and got the most horrible rash across my entire back, it was itching like crazy! Near my bra was the worse since the band would irritate the skin even more. Apparently clothes get treated with harsh chemicals to maintain their colour which can react badly with one's skin. I have never worn anything again which I didn't wash before. My oh thinks I'm obsessive about clothes and their cleanliness but it was just horrible! Can't imagine how horrible it must be for a baby!

So sorry you're having such a rough time being sent from one person to the other, I hope they will find someone to help you soon. I do understand their point of view as well, as surgery does have it's risks. Maybe go on holiday the last week, to a country where they do eclective c-sections without questions asked?x

Oh do wash the baby clothes! I had once bought a shirt and wore it immediately instead of washing it first and got the most horrible rash across my entire back, it was itching like crazy! Near my bra was the worse since the band would irritate the skin even more. Apparently clothes get treated with harsh chemicals to maintain their colour which can react badly with one's skin. I have never worn anything again which I didn't wash before. My oh thinks I'm obsessive about clothes and their cleanliness but it was just horrible! Can't imagine how horrible it must be for a baby!

So sorry you're having such a rough time being sent from one person to the other, I hope they will find someone to help you soon. I do understand their point of view as well, as surgery does have it's risks. Maybe go on holiday the last week, to a country where they do eclective c-sections without questions asked?x
Thanks Kitana. I fully understand why they’re referring me for a 2nd opinion to a therapist to discuss it properly I just wish they’d actually do it and not fob me off haha.

don’t worry I’m going to wash the baby clothes. I’ve never heard of anyone having a bad reaction before that must have been horrible!

Oh no, dnt worry keep pushing for what you want and tell them its upseting you and stressing you out and hopefully they will book you in
Some of them do take the piss unfortunately

I got growth scan on the 26th and i got told they will give me an induction date then but God knows wat they will say or do, i doubt they will give me a date then bet u they will say come and see us again later date and we will tell u then :|

I just hope i go into natural labour :pray: cant be dealing with induction and getting fobbed off lol
Hopefully all will be ok at your growth scan and then you just go into natural labour fingers crossed! X

Hopefully all will be ok at your growth scan and then you just go into natural labour fingers crossed! X

Yeah gonna be eating lots and lots of pineapples lol aparently its ment to help u go into labour

Will be eating Lots and lots of pineapples and maybe walking aswell depends on the sciatica leg lol only once i have hit 37 weeks pregnancy in 2 weeks time :)

They say after 37 weeks pregnancy you can go into labour any time so it will be safe to get the body into geting prepared for labour and maybe something will trigger it off, hopefully fingers crossed

They say after 37 weeks pregnancy you can go into labour any time so it will be safe to get the body into geting prepared for labour and maybe something will trigger it off, hopefully fingers crossed
I’ve heard lots of things to help bring on labour. They’re all worth a try! X

37 weeks tomorrow, pineapple consumed for snack :p Back into hospital at 1 today to get my 2nd steroid injection. Maximum 10 days til baby's here xx

37 weeks tomorrow, pineapple consumed for snack :p Back into hospital at 1 today to get my 2nd steroid injection. Maximum 10 days til baby's here xx

Wow not long to go now !
Can’t believe my babies are 11 days old already. We registered them as real people today ! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back