June 2012 Mummies :)

Looks like I'm getting induced!

Calli - I really wanted a water birth too, didn't realise how much I'd fixed my mind on it till I was told I couldn't :( apparently the baby will need monitoring regularly so I can't be in the water. Never mind, I might be a mummy by the end of the day!!

How is everyone else? Xx

Good luck today mrsblue, looks like we will be getting 3 June babies today, u, misscrazycooki and deedee has just text me too :) xxx

As for me I'm impatient still :) been losing my plug for the last couple of days so hoping thats a good sign xx

Last edited:
That's me term+2 and had contraction like pains for a couple hours at 3am this morning. Still got constant period like pain and lost the first of my plug this morning. Feeling quite positive (and frigging nervous!!) that stuff should happen soon.

Elliott Scott Onions x

7lb 2oz x born at 12:09.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1340198671996.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1340198671996.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 20
Not many of us June ladies left now :), only 13 babes left although I am guessing that mrs.s, weepawsx and kirstyR have had their babies as its been 2 weeks since their due dates!

I hope k80 has had her baby too after getting pains earlier this week :)

How are the overdue ladies getting on? Any more signs? I'm hoping lil man makes his appearance soon as I am feeling left behind :( Most of the ladies I joined tri 1 with have all had their babies now and I want mine!! :brat: xx

K80 has indeed had her baby kanga. F***k me I've had the longest few days ever!!! Very quick summary. Contractions started wed evening, went to midwife led unit at 1am. Only 1-2 cm, back
Home not a bit of sleep, contractions got stronger, back to MLU at 5.30am (now thurs morning) took case cos swore I wasn't going anywhere til baby was born. Checked at 8.30am 3-4cm (I think) but blood pressure had gone severely through the roof. Ambulance ordered and speeded down to consultant led hospital in Dumfries (usually an hour and forty mins away) with blue lights flashing. Arrived an hour later, 1.30pm on Thursday now. Then up to labour room. Checked by doc. Horrible man!!!!- announced I was 4-5 cm and broke my waters. Told I had 2 hours before being put on hormone drip. Then onto drip at 3/4ish. By this point I had bp monitor attached to one arm, hormone drip on other and heart monitors for baby across my tummy. Then I was e left to let contractions build. Holy duck did they build!! Got some diamorphine second dose at some point. Got to 10pm thurs night and doc said I had 2 hours before I would probably have to
Go to theatre for spinal block and assisted birth. Started to push with all my life. Not happening. So next thing - room filled with people. I'm signing forms, being shaved (!!) and still contacting. I'm shouting turn off the damn hormone drip!!!! So in theatre,still contracting, basically sitting on baby's head cos he was definitely trying to come out. But had to stay still cos injection had to go in my spine. Then couldn't feel legs, doc had started trying to see if he could do assisted delivery - nope, baby had decided to turn at very very last min. So section it was. Screen went up, baby came out. Surgeon asked if we wanted to know sex - yip, a boy. No noises. Scariest 5-6 mins of our lives. Little whimpers here and there but we wanted the scream! He was fine though. A very busy 36 hours for him, a bit stunned to have been hauled out of me in opposite direction he thought he should've been going in! And a wee bit of my diamorphine in his system. He was brought round to say hi to us then off he went to baby unit for heat lamp etc for a few hours.
Rory was born at 01:49 on friday 22nd june, weighed 6lb13oz and got his first cuddle from and utterly exhausted and sore mammy at 6.30am. He's perfect and very healthy. Me..? NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!! Hahaha. what and experience!!!!! Still in hospital maybe home tomorrow. I'll get caught up with everyone really soon. Kay xxxxxxx

Congratulations k80, sounds like u had a rough time of it.

Hope u get ur lo soon kanga xx

Wow k80, what a rough couple of days, congratulations on the birth of ur lil boy. Hope ur both home recovering soon xxx

Just popping in to say congrats to all the other June mummies so far (wow, K80, what a dramatic experience!) and to wish good luck to all the ones remaining. I still haven't had the chance to write up my birth story, but it was a really good experience. I finding new mummyhood very, very difficult, but it is wonderful. Thanks for all your support, girls, and I'll be back here as soon as I can
xxx

Wow k80 you had a tough time of it!! Big congrats though!! Tiny ikkle baby!!

Mrscrazycook
Big congrats to you too!!
Gorgeous little fellow!! X

Anyone else feel like labour watch symptom spotting is so much worse than ttc symptom spotting? I am forever googling symptoms and wondering if they are pre labour signs!!

Increased BH - check
Increased discharge - check
Diarrhoea - check
Tiredness - check
Increased movements - check
Nausea - check
Feel unwell - check

I have everything but plug loss, contractions or waters breaking!!! It's driving me insane!! :wall: xx

Just snooping on June mummies thread to see how you're all getting on. So glad I didn't see this post yesterday Kanga, I've had all those things over the last few days! Still, today's been fine so I think we're out of the woods for now :)

Hopefully something will start soon for you though! xx

Had my baby boy Leo Jacob yesterday 25th June at 4.25, weighing 8Ib 15oz!!

Awwww welcome to the world Leo Jacob. Beautiful name xx

this is the first time I've logged in since last week! boy being a mummy is busy work! Just to say that I am thinking of you girls who are still yet to pop and hope all is well with all of you. I WILL do a birth story soon, starting to feel like I am getting the hang of things, although I've only left the house once!!

lots of love to you all xx

and here are some pics...

Attachments

• immy.jpg
    immy.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 20
  • immy2.jpg
    immy2.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 16
Haha it's a she actually!! Imogen. But we were team yellow plus I was convinced it was a boy so she is in mostly beige clothes! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back