chart stalkers

Claire, given your data today, looking even more likely you ov'ed Tues or Wed. I'd think you should get dashed crosshairs tomorrow morning...

:D thanks kittykins, we only bd every other day so i hope we got it :pray:

Wow kitty what a pretty pattern your temps are making!!

Claire hope you get your lines today - bding sounds perfect.

Give up on my chart this month - I havent had a proper nights sleep for a week now and boy does my temps show it!!

rom - I think it's just 'one of those months' for you, in that you can try to analyse those temps all you like but they're not giving much away. :wall: It still looks like you ovulated, but the shift is not as clear as usual, because you've got all these temps bouncing around all over the place. Could be hormones, but I suspect that the variance in the temps is more likely to reflect your state of mind - I know that I get cold when I'm tired, and hot when I'm getting worked up about something - so if you're anything like me, your temps might well be a better guide to your mood than your hormone levels this month! :hug: Perhaps tomorrow you should just jot down your temp on a piece of paper, but not enter it into FF? You can't do anything before Monday, but if you do log on to FF and enter the temp, you'll probably spend another 30 mins thinking about what it might mean. Also, sounds like you could do with some sleep. If you write down the temp, but you've already told yourself you're not going to log on, your mind might be able to tell itself it's done the task for the day, and let you get another couple of hours' kip? :hug:

As for my temps - well, I'm trying to knit myself a fair-isle jumper with my chart this month! :rotfl: It's going to make identifying a coverline difficult, that's for sure - last month's coverline runs right through the temps of this cycle so far, two above, two below.

I got up just after 7 and thinking I had loads of time, mooched around. Just realised it's now 10.15, I'm still in my jammies, and I've DONE NOTHING! And now I don't have time to go for a run and clear up the garden. :x I've not managed a run at all this week - today's the first day that AF seems to have lightened enough to allow the possibility. Not a fun few days :(

Morning all,

My temps have dropped sharply the last couple of days. I'm only on day 6 of my cycle. However, I started spotting last Sunday afternoon and mostly just had brown discharge until Thursday. There was a bit of blood in it but just streaks or blobs. The last couple of days has been proper blood and I'm feeling all achy and bloated this morning.

Do you think I should take Thursday as my first day of AF?

Sometimes I do have light periods where it is just brown discharge so I assumed this would be one of those cycles. It was more than spotting, enough to wear a panty liner.

Also, dithering about whether to take agnus castus as my cycles have been 6 weeks the last 2 months. Worried about any side affects it might have.

have any of you tried it?

Hi all, I'm reporting for duty as a first time charter as instructed by kittykins ;) :D

Please feel free to stalk my chart although it only has two temp. entries at the moment, I shall be stalking all of yours ;)

Bagpuss, I am taking agnus castus at the moment but I only started it on tuesday morning so I don't know enough about possible side effects to give any advice. I have noticed that AF was really light and only lasted for three days as opposed to the normal seven, although I'm not sure that it could have had an effect that fast. I was that worried that I had to take a test this morning just to confirm that I wasn't PG, as I want to book our holiday to Canada in May and the airline won't fly pregnant ladies past 33 weeks!

well i didnt get cross hairs today :x but i think its down to the missing temps :roll: i changed ff setting to opk monitor, but im not sure if i should have did that :think: surly if i got a positive opk test i would have ov between 12 and 13??
:wave: mildly welcom to chart stocking

in reverse order...

Claire, unfortunately it does look like the missing temps have screwed up the FF programme. Problem is, it doesn't know whether those missing temps were above 36.05 (roughly where I'd put your coverline atm) or below. If you'd had a temp of 36.1 on CD11, for example (not beyond the realms of possibility!), then CD13 wouldn't be above the coverline. Leave it on OPK method for the moment, it's all you can do. You can try switching it back in a few days, assuming your temps stay up high and you don't have any more fertile fluids/+OPKs. The ov line, as far as I know, will always be in the middle of the square, not on a line between two dates. So FF has to decide whether it's 12 or 13 - it cannot try to guesstimate the approx hour of ov. Generally, it will favour the later day.

Mildly, glad you know what's good for you! :lol: I certainly shall be stalking!

Bagpuss - your temps and what you've said about the spotting make me think that the first days of this cycle were actually part of the luteal phase of the last. There's such a dramatic drop from the high temps on Friday morning... I think the general guideline is that if you can get by with a pantyliner, and it's not red, it counts as spotting (even if it would be more accurate to describe it as 'patching'! the important thing is it's not 'flow') and is part of the previous cycle; if you need a tampon/towel and/or it's red, it's menses, whether light, medium or heavy. Therefore, from what you've said, then yes, I'd put Thursday as first day of AF/cycle.

I had to do something similar with my first month's chart - was so eager to start I didn't read the guidelines properly :doh: . What you'll have to do is 1) change Mon, Tue and Wed to 'spotting', then 2) on your chart page, click on the 'cycles' tab on the left, then click on 'change cycle start date'. That way, you'll still keep the Mon, Tues and Wed as a previous cycle, and you'll have a record of how many days' spotting you had before AF started. Hope that helps! Sorry it puts you back to CD3, but on the other hand, it'll make your follicular phase seem shorter and your luteal phase seem longer!

Hi all,

Welcome Mildly :wave: :wave: :wave:

Kitty - sorry you're having a rough AF. At least it's on the way out now.

Bagpus - I am also about to start taking Agnus Castus so will curious to hear if you go ahead with it or not, and then compare notes with Mildly.

ROM - I agree with Kitty that the temp taking might be stressing you out more than helping you at the moment and so maybe a break form ff could be a good idea.

Claire - I had erratic temps last month taken at all different times if the morning and ff wouldn't detect o. So for a while I switched ff to OPK which worked for me. After a few days of elevated temps I switched it back to advanced and it also concluded that the OPK was correct. I felt better seeing the coverline and the DPO count. :)

I am happy with my temping this month (second time). No travelling and actually waking up at the same time each day. I am keen to be as relaxed as possible though coming up to O and the 2WW. I really want it to work this time!!! I want to be going on maternity leave before my contract ends next december! And not travelling back to OZ too pregnant. Argh what a nightmare that would be :puke: :rotfl:

Thanks Kitty for your tip, sorted my chart out on Fertility Friend now.

I feel a little bit better that my luteal phase would seem to be a bit longer than I first thought. But it's not good that I start spotting so early at 10 DPO :(

I've bought some Agnus Castus, I'll go for it and give it a try because I wrote down all my cycle lengths for the last 8 months or so and they vary quite a bit. Shockingly on a couple of them my luteul phase was only 8 or 9 days! Hopefully Agnus Castus will help balance my hormones out a bit.

Looks like I'm still a bit all over the place after having my first baby. It's also left me with Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Been suffering horrendous stomach cramps/spasms ever since I gave birth. Only just been to the docs about it 17 months on. He reckons that pregnancy has caused the intestine/bowel etc to move out of place a bit hence the spasms/cramps.

I'm drinking peppermint tea galore now after meals as it's supposed to help.

Bagpus - I think that your chart looks better now. :wink:

LOL, thanks.

God know what my temp will be tomorrow, I'm cashing in on my glasses of vino before I get into the fertile time of the month :lol:

Bagpus - I must admit that I've been doing quite a bit of that myself :rotfl:

Sometimes I feel too guilty to put them into ff :rotfl:

I don't bother putting alcohol into FF. I do record the units in my diary, though. The thing about FF is it doesn't take into account quantity and makes no difference between half a glass of red wine and 10 vodka and red bulls. I keep a diary by my bed, and every evening I record alcohol and caffeine - I also use it to scribble down the temp in the morning.

A moderate amount doesn't seem to make much difference to the temps, by the way. Since the beginning of this cycle, I've consistently had 2 glasses of wine a night and the temps are going up and down like a yo-yo. I had 2.5 glasses of champagne and a small glass of pudding wine last night (yeah yeah I know - but AF fading, so last night was the last drink of the month - might as well go out with a bang), and today's temp was bang in the middle.

Morning Ladies,

Hope everyone is OK on this beautiful Rememberence Sunday.

Bagpuss I think wine is compulsory during AF - I am sure I have read somewhere that there are pain killing properties in it :fib: Glad you cracked open that Champagne Kitty - you and DH have had a funny old week so its nice you could share that.

Well I have decided not to obsess - actually got a decent nights sleep last night and somehow everything looks better today - Upon checking my cm this mornig it is weird - sort of watery with flakes of creamy CM in it - a bit like when you have thrush but with no pain or irritation and more watery - deliberated for a while about how to record it on FF and put in Watery - bloody thing then changed my OV date to CD13 - quicky changed it back - not because I dont think it could be right but more because that would mean I had my CD21 test done 2 days early and the bloody nurse would have been right!!!! :oops:

Also caved in and poas this morning before I entered temps - it was a BFN but I was expecting that but if I am only 10 dpo on 12 dpo there is no way it would be anything other...... :rotfl: Does make me think the blood test Ihad on Friday will be a waste of time though as I would have only been 8 dpo then and surely I would have started to see something on a pee stick if there was any hcg in my system on Friday by today? Oh well not going to stress - got to decorate my ensuite today and I hate decorating - had hoped to pull the I'm pregnant so cant smell paint card but nevermind best crack on.

Have a great sunday everyone.

Jane x x x x x x

PS dont be fooled I am totally obsessing :rotfl: just trying hard to convince myslef otherwise :rotfl:

Hi all

Can I be cheeky and ask you experienced charting ladies a question?

This is my first month ttc following a miscarriage (and waited for 1st cycle as advised). I have charting temps and also used OPK's and have been using fertility friend.

This (hopefully) is my chart.

chartgraph_modulephp.png

Yesterday I had very very faint spotting and FF was saying no implantation signs and then today when I entered my temp it said the possible implantation spotting CD24 (yesterday). Then I got spotting again and entered that and it changed so that no implantation signs detected :(

So - two days of spotting can't be implantation? Does that mean AF on way? If so it is early for me (CD25) when pre-mc they were 28 day cycles. So confused and a little sad after getting my hopes up. Thanks in advance for replies.

:D

There definitely are painkilling properties in alcohol - just think about all those UDIs you can pick up without noticing! It's the antioxidants I'm interested in though - I'm sure they're absorbed more quickly into your bloodstream when ingested in liquid form (e.g. red wine) than in solid form (e.g. red peppers)...

rom - I'm thoroughly :? by FF trying to change the date - why on earth CD13 if you had W CM instead of C CM today? That just so doesn't make sense. What happens if you fiddle with the method (eg from Advanced to Fertility Awareness or Research)? The only reason I can see for CD 13 is the temps above the coverline - but why it would change over a week later based on CM, I don't know?

I hate to say it, but I think CD12 is quite a likely contender for ov day... and that just maybe your CD21 test was done a day or so out, which would explain the lowish but not low progesterone levels. You have a couple of charts with a pronounced early temp dip after ov, and if you moved the crosshairs to CD12, you'd have a strong temp rise, a pronounced dip on 4dpo and a possible implantation dip on 7dpo, all of which would make more sense of your CD21 test results.

this is of course pure speculation. But then that's what chart-stalking is all about :rotfl:

Glad you slept though! Like you I'm doing all those tasks I didn't want to do if I was pg. Clearing up the garden, squishing slugs and things... bit of painting... I was hoping to claim that handwashing jumpers could play havoc with my oestrogen levels and delay ov, but I don't think even my DH will fall for that one! :D

CB23 - I am no expert but I have read that 2 days of spotting could be implantation bleeding. Some women can have it for 3 days. But it can't be flow, and should be pink or brown.

The other possibility is early pregnancy bleeding. This is not caused by implantation but rather from some other unknown factor. Apparently it happens to about 25% of pregnant women in early pregnancy. This can be spotting or flow.

Anyway, try to relax and not think about it too much - haha easy I know :)

You are still in with a chance :pray: :wave:

thanks sookie, I assumed as FF changed its mind it was not possible, thank you for your kind words, they have really helped

and relax :rotfl: this ttc business just dominates my mind but yeah I will try

do most people use FF?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back