• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

X-x-X-x- August 2015 mummies -x-X-x-X

Sugar, the pictures of your little boy are adorable xx

I've got my whooping cough injection today and I need to see a doctor about my overly high white blood cells I can't get rid off xx

Last edited:
Thanks JD, I just can't wait for cuddles! :) lulu enjoy shopping!! Make sure you buy blue things :) hehe. Can't believe you (and some others too probably!) will have babies in 7 weeks! Welcome over the ones who have and are joining now. Think it must be almost all of us now. Xx

Kumber, I can't wait for her to leave. Sick of her asking people about their sex lives and chatting up old men. She's still married for god sake hahaha. If only you were allowed to get divorced in Ireland she says.

Can't wait to buy blue, he's so spoilt already, people have bought loads for him. I'm officially 30 weeks today, I'm literally counting the days! Can't wait to squish his face xx

I am sure we are just waiting on Charlotte and JJ to join us over here then the final countdown can begin officially. I still can't believe we are all in tri 3 it's just insane

Michelle x

Omg, have just realised I forgot to go to the doctors on Wednesday for my whooping cough injection, I am such a baby brain!

Glad everyone is doing well and lovely that we are almost all over from tri 2, I keep reading may and June threads and most of the may babies are here and a few of the june babies already, eek! Xx

Sugar such a cute scan photo!!
Glad everyone is doing well.
Kumber haha that is such a baby brain lol! Especially only remembering 2 days later that you missed the appointment haha. To be fair I just nearly lost my purse.. Was about to drive out of the pub and one of the bar staff came over and said someone has left their purse... Whoops haha. Lucky me xxxx

I'm not having a whooping cough jab. Anyone's baby constantly moving?! I feel like I barely get a break! :/ kimmy that's definate baby brain!! :) xx

So is anyone not getting their whooping cough jabs?

I forgot to book mine at 28 weeks. I'm 30+2 and had mine today. I've never had one before when I've been pregnant. But when I so my midwife she wasn't happy that I hadn't had it done. She made valid points to why I needed to have it. I agreed and felt that for me, it was the right choice. I know people who haven't had it to xx

I have decided not to get it either. Don't really feel comfortable getting it while pregnant.

My little girl has calmed down with her movements. I felt kicks since 14 weeks and she moved loads. But now she seems to have settled down.. Kinda wish she moved more, lol.

Before I fell pregnant I always said I would get the whooping cough jab as a friend's baby almost died after catching it from their friends little boy. Now I am pregnant I am so protective of our little baby that I'm doubting myself - I will probably have the jab though.

I'm not sure I will be getting it either, still a bit undecided.

Im getting mine in Monday. Midwife was telling me about how many babies died with it last year but I can't remember number, plus a friend of mine told me about when she was 8 weeks old she had it and spent ages in hospital because of it.
Can I ask the reasons why some people aren't getting it? I'm not sure why people wouldn't get it?
Also for movements for me it's not so bad... I feel him move but not an awful lot. I do worry as the movements have got less but I think that's because he's moved position in guessing xxx

I never had it in my other pregnancies. Infact I don't recall ever being offered it. I think it's new to my area. I just decided not to do anything different to my other pregnancies. It's a personal choice. My baby is quiet sometimes but I just find his bursts of movements last a while! Maybe he's just going to be a wild one! :) x x

Never had the vaccines when I was pregnant with my little boy, and won't with this one either. I am allergic to eggs and dairy products which strangely enough is in some vaccines so decided to play it safe and not get one. It's a personal choice everyone had to choose what's best for them. Will get my baby vaccinated once they arrive just not safe for me to get them

Michelle x

I'm leaning away from it as my mom had it when pregnant with me, I had it as a baby, yet still had horrendous whooping cough at 18 months. I'm not really convinced on it working tbh. Having said that, this was 20 years ago. My other stopping point is that it sends your arm dead - I tend to react worse than most with dead arms after jabs so I worry about not being able to properly look after Riley as he is in his wriggly, writhing away phase. Didn't get it with him as we were moving countries at 30-31 weeks pg so I just clean forgot!

It is a new jab and tbh I don't believe there have been enough studies to prove it is safe and it isnt guaranteed to work. I also know of some people who got the jab and they got the whooping cough and so did their babies. She will be getting it at 8 weeks anyway and I wont be going out much and wont have people seeing her first few weeks anyway so I dont see the point unless there is a sudden outbreak between now and august lol.
But like everyone said, it is a personal choice.

I had my jab two weeks ago. Tbh I didn't want to overthink it. Doc recommended it, I took it (if I started researching I would put my head away). It possibly was a dig my head in the sand and do what I'm told mentality.

Jab went fine, no dead arms, no after affects and everything is grand so far xx

Apart from Charlotte and jj mum, are we all officially here now? This is exciting. I remember reading the april mummies thread and now May babies have almost all been born and some June babies! It's getting close to us. I'd say soon as June is over, and we enter July that's when we'll all be anticipating some babies!! (Obviously if some are prem then they will be sooner too!) i have very achy restless legs tonight, any offers of advice for this? I've just run a bath! Going to try and relax them and see if I can actually get some sleep! Hands and feet - (feet mainly) are burning up inside, it's horrible:( lovely pregnancy delight! Hope all is well us August mummies, our babies seem to have settled down now so that is great ! Xx

I'm pro vaccine. Never heard any negatives regarding the whooping cough vaccine so I was more than happy to get it. I was horrifically ill with it as a baby and the stories my mum tells me, my god I wouldn't cope if little man got it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back