The big 2013 diet/fitness thread!

Better than nothing! And no shaving of head required!

Well done for the 1lb loss x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

A loss is a loss Tweety hun! I'll be happy with a 1lb at next weigh-in, which is tomorrow!

Not feeling at all confident... I've been quite healthy but I have still been having the odd treat. Nothing major - just a few Quality Streets here and there and some dressing on my salads etc... It all adds up though!

We'll see...

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
My aim is revised, keep my weight stable if I can't loose any and tone up my pelvic floor until after my 6 week check. By then bf will be we'll established (I hope) and I can start some exercise. Me and Dh want to start being more healthy from start of feb together which will make it easier. Just hope I can keep any excess pounds off in the meantime!

Lost 2lbs :) that's 5lb off since 3rd Jan. Really chuffed! Xx

:yay: well done guys! I'm still off the wagon :wall: not feeling 100% ATM, think I'm having blood pressure issues, cos I keep going dizzy and getting ringing in my ears! Making sure I eat plenty, so it's unlikely to be down to lack of food. Will pop to the docs if it's still going on next week tho! Don't really want to push the exercise whilst I'm feeling like this, so taking it easy! Tucking into porridge now to fill us up and keep warm! Don't usually eat breakfast so makes a nice change!

Well I've lost a pound!

I forgot how slow this losing weight business can be :shock:

Oh well, I'll have a few glasses of wine tonight as a treat then back to it from tomorrow.

xxxxxxx

I love porridge!!

Natalie a pound is great!

I need to have a good weekend as we are going out for my nieces birthday dinner on Sunday - yum!xx

Lost 2lbs :) that's 5lb off since 3rd Jan. Really chuffed! Xx

Well done Claire!

I've done 4lbs since 4th Jan, wish it was more but I just need to be patient.

Now the Crimbo choccies and biccies have all been eaten I should be OK :lol:

xxxxxxxx

Slow and steady wins te race nat! Most weeks I either lost 1lb or maintained, but it's all added up and cos I lost it slower it's staying off! Unlike the times ive lost daft amounts per week and gained it all back (and more) in a month :oooo:

Well done Claire and Nat! :pompom:

Well after being bloated for a good week and a bit I had a dodgy tum last night, and glad to say I've had a good clear out :lol: Before weigh in would have been nice but hey ho!

Alice, look after yourself hun, maybe you are doing too much?

I've got taekwondo tonight - my abs are hurting today after wednesdays class - that must mean I have abs again! :yay:

I took my meaurements last night and I've lost 2 inches off both my waist and my hips in about 8 weeks I think.

I can really see a difference in my shape. Will take some up to date semi naked pics and show them off :lol:

Well mystery solved why I'm struggling so much.

Turns out my thyroid is naffed. I've been borderline hypothyroid in the past, more so when I've been unwell and my absorption has been poor. I was so ill throughout my pregnancy, then lost 2 litres of blood having LO (low iron levels can heavily affect thyroid function) so it's not at all surprising.

It explains why I've been fighting a battle with myself to do any exercise and why my weight is not coming off like it should and why I can be so constipated despite drinking litres and litres of water every day and eating nothing but fruit, veg and nuts.

Cracking out the thyroid boosting foods now, but I think it's going to take some time so my weight loss is going to be exceptionally slow.

Last edited:
Well mystery solved why I'm struggling so much.

Turns out my thyroid is naffed. I've been borderline hypothyroid in the past, more so when I've been unwell and my absorption has been poor. I was so ill throughout my pregnancy, then lost 2 litres of blood having LO (low iron levels can heavily affect thyroid function) so it's not at all surprising.

It explains why I've been fighting a battle with myself to do any exercise and why my weight is not coming off like it should and why I can be so constipated despite drinking litres and litres of water every day and eating nothing but fruit, veg and nuts.

Cracking out the thyroid boosting foods now, but I think it's going to take some time so my weight loss is going to be exceptionally slow.

Sorry to hear this hun, but I'm glad you've got to the bottom of it.

Try not to worry too much about losing weight, and just concentrate on eating well?

Big hugs :hug:

Just the big kick now to get my TSH levels sorted without taking tablets! Will get there, just frustrated!

Is anyone using the my fitness pal app??

Ive started using it this week and finding it good to track what im eating and also makes me realise i was eating dead calories. Easy stuff to grab like chocs and crisps which is so easy done with lo. In eating well and still within the calories.

Anyone find it any good? Anyone want to add me as a friend on it? Thats if anyone uses it.

Im getting right into this dieting business and finding it good to plan and eat new healthy things xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back