*** October 2021 Moms ***

Hello ladies! Newbie here. Little confused about where to post. Not sure I am doing this right.

I’ve been pregnant 3x before, I am 6 weeks. I was put on bed rest, first 10 days I was spotting. I am also over 40, have Endo and Adeno. I had an intense UTI and seems that I now have a yeast infection. They also have me injecting myself everyday for a blood clotting syndrome. I have this sinking feeling that I am going to have a miscarriage. It has surfaced in the last few days. Is it intuition, is it pure neurosis and fear? I have no idea.

My breast don’t hurt. I have not been nauseas. I am not exhausted. I have some pulling and slight pain in my abdomen and I can bloat up. That is basically it.

I am at the beach and staring at the ocean, I feel blessed to be here. No better place to be in bed rest. Wish I was not struggling with these emotions.

Hey! Welcome, can you get a scan over the next few weeks to see if baby is developing? Sounds like you are having a rough time, hope things get better soon xx

Has anyone had a scan here at 6 weeks? What was your photo like? I've got a scan 22nd February. I know partners are not allowed in, I presume they'll give you a photo and would I be allowed to video IF the heartbeat is visible for Daddy-to-be?

I’ve had a scan at 6+2 and seen a tiny blob with a HB, ah so glad you’ve got a scan booked

I’ve got my midwife booking in appointment over the phone for 10th March, going to book a scan for 3 weeks time, when I’m 8 weeks

I’ve had a scan at 6+2 and seen a tiny blob with a HB, ah so glad you’ve got a scan booked

I’ve got my midwife booking in appointment over the phone for 10th March, going to book a scan for 3 weeks time, when I’m 8 weeks

Yeah, the EPU booked it when I first rang, last Friday. <3
Was your partner allowed in with you? Did you get photographs? Did they give you the photos or were you allowed to record the screen? Eek, so many questions! <3
I've not thought about the midwife yet!

Hello ladies! Newbie here. Little confused about where to post. Not sure I am doing this right.

I’ve been pregnant 3x before, I am 6 weeks. I was put on bed rest, first 10 days I was spotting. I am also over 40, have Endo and Adeno. I had an intense UTI and seems that I now have a yeast infection. They also have me injecting myself everyday for a blood clotting syndrome. I have this sinking feeling that I am going to have a miscarriage. It has surfaced in the last few days. Is it intuition, is it pure neurosis and fear? I have no idea.

My breast don’t hurt. I have not been nauseas. I am not exhausted. I have some pulling and slight pain in my abdomen and I can bloat up. That is basically it.

I am at the beach and staring at the ocean, I feel blessed to be here. No better place to be in bed rest. Wish I was not struggling with these emotions.

Welcome and congrats! What is your estimated due date? I'll add you to the first post once I have a date :)

Hey ladies, I'm tentatively sneaking in, 4 weeks 1 day according to the due date calculator, 21st October! My birthday is on the 26th, eek birthday baby.

I'm super super nervous after my last 2 pregnancies ended in MC. Crossing all the things this one is here to stay!! this will be our first together. I have 2 girls 10 and 6, from previous relationship tho.

Going to be nervous as hell till that scan, it seems soooo far away!!!

Hopefully will get a chance to get to know you all xx

Yeah, the EPU booked it when I first rang, last Friday. <3
Was your partner allowed in with you? Did you get photographs? Did they give you the photos or were you allowed to record the screen? Eek, so many questions! <3
I've not thought about the midwife yet!

It was an emergency nhs scan as I had spotting and cramping, my partner didn’t come he couldn’t get off work, they gave me one photo but I think that’s more cos they took pity on me cos I burst into tears when they said there was a heartbeat ha ha!

Hey ladies, I'm tentatively sneaking in, 4 weeks 1 day according to the due date calculator, 21st October! My birthday is on the 26th, eek birthday baby.

I'm super super nervous after my last 2 pregnancies ended in MC. Crossing all the things this one is here to stay!! this will be our first together. I have 2 girls 10 and 6, from previous relationship tho.

yay, so glad you are here, yes the days are just going to drag now until it’s time for a scan, will you wait for the nhs 12 week scan or try and get an early reassurance one?

Hey all. Had my early 7 wk scan yesterday. All looked right on point. HB 142. But of course today, I noticed some spotting. Not sure if the wand irritated things as it was quite uncomfortable. But as a compulsive tester, I tested 4 times today. 2-3 seemed lighter than usual. The last one was strong (thank god because I’m out until Monday.) I am NOT having cramping. Any thoughts?

Great to see you here @xphoenix <3

It was an emergency nhs scan as I had spotting and cramping, my partner didn’t come he couldn’t get off work, they gave me one photo but I think that’s more cos they took pity on me cos I burst into tears when they said there was a heartbeat ha ha!

I think I'll be in tears too and praying they'll give me a photo to share with him as I don't think he'll be allowed in. <3

5 weeks tomorrow - it still seems so surreal. <3

I'm hoping the spotting @Caseyh was just due to the wand and being an internal scan. Certainly keep an eye on it and if you're concerned, please ring EPU or visit A&E asap. <3 I had some spotting yesterday, I've put it down to low progesterone and since my first lovely pessary yesterday - I've not seen any more thankfully. This is the first pregnancy I've spotted in (bar all the miscarriages) so I'm still cautious, until I get much further along. <3

yay, so glad you are here, yes the days are just going to drag now until it’s time for a scan, will you wait for the nhs 12 week scan or try and get an early reassurance one?

Yay, thank you!
I know right, it really is going to drag isn't it. Counting down the days lol
I'd love to be able to get a reassurance scan but I think I might have to wait..think I'm gonna talk to my partner about it actually and look into it a bit more. Xx

I've got a scan with EPU at 6 weeks and will be booking a private reassurance scan for 8 weeks. I'll book that after the NHS 6 week scan though. <3 Ohh, can't wait. I've had no more spotting either, so looking forward to the scans!

Hey all. Had my early 7 wk scan yesterday. All looked right on point. HB 142. But of course today, I noticed some spotting. Not sure if the wand irritated things as it was quite uncomfortable. But as a compulsive tester, I tested 4 times today. 2-3 seemed lighter than usual. The last one was strong (thank god because I’m out until Monday.) I am NOT having cramping. Any thoughts?

the spotting is probably cos of the wand for the scan, I’ve heard of this happening to other women, I think it can irritate the cervix, sounds like your scan shows everything is going well so I’d just keep an eye on it and you could always ask for midwife for some advice x

5+1 today, done my last digi this morning which said 3+, so I’m happy with that and no more testing for me, just a case of waiting till 8 weeks now then booking an early reassurance scan, I got spotting and cramps with my daughter at 6 weeks, then really awful sickness from 6 weeks till about 22 weeks so I’m interested to see if this pregnancy follows the same pattern, I’m still breastfeeding my daughter so I do want to get some advice from my midwife about that, but I’ve been doing a bit of research and seen a few women saying the pregnancy they bf during was the only one they didn’t get sickness in, so fingers crossed it could save me from the awful sickness I had last time!

hope everyone is well

is anyone going to find out the sex?

5+1 today, done my last digi this morning which said 3+, so I’m happy with that and no more testing for me, just a case of waiting till 8 weeks now then booking an early reassurance scan, I got spotting and cramps with my daughter at 6 weeks, then really awful sickness from 6 weeks till about 22 weeks so I’m interested to see if this pregnancy follows the same pattern, I’m still breastfeeding my daughter so I do want to get some advice from my midwife about that, but I’ve been doing a bit of research and seen a few women saying the pregnancy they bf during was the only one they didn’t get sickness in, so fingers crossed it could save me from the awful sickness I had last time!

hope everyone is well

Ohh yay!! That's great news, must be reassuring. Awesome that your getting an early scan done, not too long to wait.
Oh really that's interesting, hopefully it help this time around..will make things a lot easier not feeling so sick.

I really want to find out and so does my partner! How about you?

hope everyone is well

Always, You can guarantee by the time of my 16 week gender scan, I've already peed on baking soda, boiled cabbage water, done the ramzi theory, numb theory and skull theory along with every other gender prediction there is. :lol: <3

I will be finding out at 16 weeks, you @night owl?

I'm 5 weeks today - Yay! <3 The heart should start beating today! <3

@night owl thanks for the reassurance. You spotted and cramped with your daughter? How long did that last?

I plan to do the genetics screening at 9 weeks which reveals the gender. So that’s..2/25. And the. I guess it takes like a week to get back? So maybe about 3 weeks I should have some answers!

I genuinely feel like I will never be able to tell my parents or other people about this pregnancy! I’m being a little bit of a drama Queen, but I just envision that I’m going to think something happened to the baby the day after any scan or screen. Like “it was alive yesterday but who says it’s alive today?!” I am SUCH a worry wart. I’m tempted to buy a Doppler. My poor heart can’t handle this rodeo and it’s only my first rodeo. I need to be sedated until 20 weeks. Period. This kid is going to come into this world so high strung.

I genuinely feel like I will never be able to tell my parents or other people about this pregnancy! I’m being a little bit of a drama Queen, but I just envision that I’m going to think something happened to the baby the day after any scan or screen. Like “it was alive yesterday but who says it’s alive today?!” I am SUCH a worry wart. I’m tempted to buy a Doppler. My poor heart can’t handle this rodeo and it’s only my first rodeo. I need to be sedated until 20 weeks. Period. This kid is going to come into this world so high strung.

I am so glad I am not the only one! I won't be telling my parents for at least a year after the babies born - no joking. With my last son (Who was EDD 3rd October and only arrived 11th October 2016) I was met with a lot of abuse, I was hospitalised for HG, asked for help with the kids and was shouted at. Ended up self discharging. Dopplers are great, but you have to know what you're listening for, sometimes can be very easily to get mixed up with your HB and the placenta! I'd recommend it myself :)

Omg! We are one day apart! I just tested positive today! Congratulations

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back