*** October 2021 Moms ***

Ohh yay!! That's great news, must be reassuring. Awesome that your getting an early scan done, not too long to wait.
Oh really that's interesting, hopefully it help this time around..will make things a lot easier not feeling so sick.

I really want to find out and so does my partner! How about you?

yes we’ll definitely be finding out, I like to feel prepared and I would prefer to just know so that I don’t start feeling a preference for a particular sex then getting disappointed if it’s not that one ha ha! Well I would be happy with either sex anyways so it will just be exciting to find out, I’ll wait for the 20 week scan rather then paying for a 16 week one!

yes we’ll definitely be finding out, I like to feel prepared and I would prefer to just know so that I don’t start feeling a preference for a particular sex then getting disappointed if it’s not that one ha ha! Well I would be happy with either sex anyways so it will just be exciting to find out, I’ll wait for the 20 week scan rather then paying for a 16 week one!
Yeah I totally know what you mean, that's how I feel aswell. I'm way to impatient to wait til they are born lol
Yeah we will be waiting til the 20 week scan too as I'd rather get the private early scan.

Omg! We are one day apart! I just tested positive today! Congratulations

Congrats and welcome! Once you know your estimated due date, post it here and I'll add you to the first post :D

I'll be having 3 private scans, One at 8 weeks, One at 16 weeks (gender) and one around 26-28 weeks (4D).

Our hospital does not allow fathers in for maternity scans due to Covid, as it's his first child I don't want him to miss out on the experience of being at a scan, so we're paying to go private.

Just over a week for my 6 week scan, I am so nervous. <3

Anyone else having early scans?

I'll be having 3 private scans, One at 8 weeks, One at 16 weeks (gender) and one around 26-28 weeks (4D).

Our hospital does not allow fathers in for maternity scans due to Covid, as it's his first child I don't want him to miss out on the experience of being at a scan, so we're paying to go private.

Just over a week for my 6 week scan, I am so nervous. <3

Anyone else having early scans?

That's such a shame they don't allow partners. Thank god the private ones allow them to come

I've booked a private scan for when I'm 7weeks, counting down already <3

Is anyone experiencing sickness yet?

I never had it with my first and it's hit me so hard ahh :???:

Does anyone have any tips to help with it abit?

Ah that’s a good sign that you’ve got sickness, how many weeks are you now? Well for me last time the only things that helped was eating a little bit a lot, really bland carbs like crackers, potatoes etc, and cold sugary fizzy drinks! But I still suffered badly, nothing really got rid of it, you can ask for medication if it gets really bad but I just didn’t wanna go down that route x

Ah that’s a good sign that you’ve got sickness, how many weeks are you now? Well for me last time the only things that helped was eating a little bit a lot, really bland carbs like crackers, potatoes etc, and cold sugary fizzy drinks! But I still suffered badly, nothing really got rid of it, you can ask for medication if it gets really bad but I just didn’t wanna go down that route x

I'm only 5+2, hoping it doesn't hang around for ages ahh I seem to get it more when I wake up and eating does seem to help abit. I'll try the carb and fizzy drink idea, thank you. I'd be the same with the no medication, I hate taking tablets for a headache lol

How are you feeling?

I'm only 5+2, hoping it doesn't hang around for ages ahh I seem to get it more when I wake up and eating does seem to help abit. I'll try the carb and fizzy drink idea, thank you. I'd be the same with the no medication, I hate taking tablets for a headache lol

How are you feeling?

I’m 5+3 today, I’m feeling ok, I’ve had a few waves of nausea here and there, nothing bad, but my proper sickness didn’t start last time till between 6-7 weeks so I’m waiting to see if I get hit badly this time aswell! God it’s just going really slow though

does anyone else here work? Not sure when to tell my boss about the pregnancy

Thankfully, not yet. I was 6 weeks in my last pregnancy before it hit and my god, did it hit. I had severe HG and was admitted for drips in the hospital!

I’m 5+3 today, I’m feeling ok, I’ve had a few waves of nausea here and there, nothing bad, but my proper sickness didn’t start last time till between 6-7 weeks so I’m waiting to see if I get hit badly this time aswell! God it’s just going really slow though

does anyone else here work? Not sure when to tell my boss about the pregnancy

I do work, but I don't. I'm self employed and work at home (I make wax melts) so I'm my own boss, which is great! I'd think they'd want to do a risk assessment on you, depending on what kind of job you do lovely, good luck!

I started spotting last night, it's getting worse now I'm devastated. I've got an emergency appointment at the epu tomorrow but it more the likely over for me again.

I’m having such bad sickness! All day long. It is not pleasant at all!

I started spotting last night, it's getting worse now I'm devastated. I've got an emergency appointment at the epu tomorrow but it more the likely over for me again.
I’m so sorry, you’re in my thoughts ♥️

Thankfully, not yet. I was 6 weeks in my last pregnancy before it hit and my god, did it hit. I had severe HG and was admitted for drips in the hospital!

I do work, but I don't. I'm self employed and work at home (I make wax melts) so I'm my own boss, which is great! I'd think they'd want to do a risk assessment on you, depending on what kind of job you do lovely, good luck!

thanks lovely, I might tell my boss after my scan at 8 weeks, I’m off this week anyway so it’s not too long to go, I work from home a lot of the time aswell and when I’m not working from home I’ll be at places where there is social distancing and extra hygiene in place, so I think the risk for me from COVID is pretty low, it’ll be interesting to see what the position is when it comes to the third trimester though as I think at the moment pregnant women in the third tri are classed as CEV, so I’d have to permanently work from home until I go on mat leave

oh that’s so cool that you make wax melts, I bet they are gorgeous!

oh hun hopefully it’s nothing to worry about, keeping everything crossed for you x

Oh no. How's your spotting now?
I hope its nothing to worry about

Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry. I’m hoping it’s nothing serious.

Oh no, hope all is ok. Thinking of you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back