**February Babies 2012**

Yeah Nic thats the one i saw!! Gross or what!

Did you see where that mother offered the presenter a drink of her placenta smoothie - eugh eugh i almost puked!!!

I know what you mean about the list never ending too! x

I know - she was serious too - like she was offering a piece of cake or something... Euch! They were keeping the placenta in the fridge too - really made me feel icky when they dragged it out and started cutting bits off it! Euch!

Hans - yeah thats the one - disturbed me abit with the placenta smotthie...really wish I dare do it - seems to have so many benefits x

I was really surprised at the size of the placenta too - for some reason I thought it would be a lot smaller than it was.

I've got that programme recorded to watch Wednesday night after obem (that is if I've finished pottering about in Pip's room!)

We ordered his curtains today. They will take 2 weeks as they r made to measure. His bumper was delivered today. Got rug and lantern being delivered tomorrow.

DH is levelling and putting handles on wardrobe and putting cot together tomorrow. Then just got his dimmer switch, curtain holdbacks, shelves and coat rack to put up and were done :D

Gotta buy hospital bag and nighties this week then I can pack our bags. Almost done!

Yeah i know what you mean about the size of it! The whole thing was quite disturbing. Funny enough last week there was another lady on This morning who ate her placenta and was talking about the benefits!! Still don't think i could ever bring myself to do it!!!!

Larly - do you mind me asking where your getting your curtains made? That is my task this week and spent today looking but not decided yet x

There is a curtain shop in gillingham high street, opposite peacocks. Getting blue blackout curtians in 46 x 72 and they r £37.

They had two types of blackout curtains, the other one was cheaper but pants material!

Cool thanks. My problem is that i have two windows so struggling with costs as ending up over 100 quid for two. I might pop out tomorrow and see what's in the shops rather than online x

I think even the 90 x 90 ones were good value. It's worth a look anyway. I didn't wanna order online cos I wanted to see/feel the material. Could've got mine cheaper on eBay but didn't wanna end up with crap ones!

I got my curtains from Dunelm - they were good value too and are blackout ones. Not sure if you have a Dunelm near you, but I love that shop! :)

All of you are so super organised! It puts me to shame!

All updated on the name front Gregorysgirl - and very lovely names too!
DH and I have it narrowed down to two names so we've decided we'll make the final cut once he's born. But DH keeps going back on the one I like the most for him so it's made me make snarky comments about the other one, which I actually love and have loved for years but just don't see him as that name (if that makes sense). Hoping that hubby will be so in awe after I've gone through labour he'll dismiss all his reservations (if not I might actually scream!)

I saw the programme too - quite disturbing in parts. I think the thing that bothered me most about the placenta woman wasn't anything to do with the placenta or umbilical cord (not my cup of tea but hey everyone has differences), it was the fact that she said that women who had had c-sections couldn't be as close to their babies and essentially anything but a natural birth meant that you could never be as close to your baby. I just found that so insensitive, upsetting, unfair and completely untrue. It doesn't matter how you get through birth, every woman has done an amazing job and are just as close to their babies - I thought it was crazy talk from her to say otherwise!

I saw the programme too - quite disturbing in parts. I think the thing that bothered me most about the placenta woman wasn't anything to do with the placenta or umbilical cord (not my cup of tea but hey everyone has differences), it was the fact that she said that women who had had c-sections couldn't be as close to their babies and essentially anything but a natural birth meant that you could never be as close to your baby. I just found that so insensitive, upsetting, unfair and completely untrue. It doesn't matter how you get through birth, every woman has done an amazing job and are just as close to their babies - I thought it was crazy talk from her to say otherwise!

Yes, I was quite shocked when she said that too - completely unjustified and insulting to many millions of women and their babies. Silly woman! Xx

Just had Pip's lantern and rug delivered :yay: Now also have my nursing bras :)

Picked his airwrap cot bumper up this morning so it's all falling into place! DH is currently levelling and puttin handles on wardrobe and putting cot together. Can't wait to get home and put his sheets etc in his cot and pur his rug down and light shade up.

Love the finishing touches :D

Think Pip is excited too as he is currently having a party! :love:

Can't wait to see pics when it's all done!! :)

Ohhh can't wait to see some pics Carly!

Nursery isn't quite finished here as a few more things need to go in but thought I might pop some photos in progress on too.

Nursery isn't quite finished here as a few more things need to go in but thought I might pop some photos in progress on too.

yay!!! More photos!! I love looking at everyone's nursery pics! :)
Should get round to doing some of mine too I guess - but the room seems to be such a mess at the moment with washing drying and bits and bobs hanging around. Maybe tomorrow!

Can put some pics up tomorrow hopefully then more when his curtians, shelves and pics r up :D

Yeah i will take some once its a tad tidier and post. Its just a bit white at the moment as can't add any of the colour what with OH not knowing sex lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back