**February Babies 2012**

I just can't wait to be comfy in bed! That's the only part that's getting me down :(

Only reason I'm taking bumper off, is cos we're due the first girl in DH's family for generations - apart from his Sis who died of SIDS. My head knows it's unlikely but I'm just not willing to risk anything that's suggested as increasing that risk. I did think when I put them in crib today, they look like they'd prob be to far up crib for where she'd be lying feet to foot, but just incase.

Xxx

Fair enough hun, its all personal preference anyway, it can just look pretty for a while! lol xx

Awww mummy and Carly I understand - it's funny how everyone talks about getting no sleep after the baby arrives but for a woman it's just as bad before! I'm hoping that just means we'll be better prepared than our OHs!

I_maclean - I can't see the pic for some reason (not sure if it's just me) as butterfly says bumpers are all a personal preference and completely understand why you wouldn't want to use one! Ours came in a set and we put it on and then I started to massively freak out but as OH said cub will actually be in the moses basket for the first 4/5 months. So I'm leaving it in the cotbed as it looks pretty (lol) but as soon as LO transfers to it then we're taking it off. We're massive stress monkeys about everything so we thought it would put our minds at ease.

I've ordered an airwrap bumper. Its a mesh bumper that's perfectly safe with lo in the cot. I ordered a blue one to go in his room :)

Treated myself to a pedicure today as well :) Nails needed cutting and I can't reach so decided to indulge a little! Now have lovely soft feet with sparkly bright purple varnish :) that should do me until Pip arrives :D

Last edited:
Awww that sounds awesome carly! Really want to do something a little pampering before cub comes but not sure what... Lol

Finally. Lol

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326590962.888305.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326590962.888305.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 9
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326590987.902605.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326590987.902605.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 8
Just catching up with posts on this one. Everybody seems to have such lovely nursery's on here I love looking at them all. I'm not so organised :(. Don't know why really but I suppose deep down we have always been a little scared to do too much, it's taken us a long time to get here.

We are starting the nursery next weekend and so excited. There's not too much to do in there we just need to make it look pretty ;)

Larly, love the name Henry James xx. We are still working on ours ;)

Treated myself to a pedicure today as well :) Nails needed cutting and I can't reach so decided to indulge a little! Now have lovely soft feet with sparkly bright purple varnish :) that should do me until Pip arrives :D

Oohhh... I love purple n ail polish! :) I could do with some sort of pampering treat too, but not quite sure what! Maybe line myself something up for next week!

It had to be done! I used to get a pedicure every month in the summer, but I never bothered in the winter cos my feet never saw daylight! Lol! But with a combo of needing nails cut and nt being able to reach, I bought what the hell! Lol!

Off shopping a bluewater shopping centre today to stock up on last few bits for hospital bag then I'm nearly done! Just Pip's curtains to buy after that and voila! Lol!

Picked up my bargain find yesterday, the fisher price rainforest playmat for £10! It's amazing!

Oh we've got the fisher price rainforest mat thing - haven't taken it out o f the bag yet, but looks good!
We went to a table top sale yesterday and got a vibrating bouncer for £5 - bargain! Have taken off the cover and given that a good wash this afternoon (didn't look at all dirty though, but good to get it all clean and ready!). It's another pink thing, so LO had better be a girly...!! :)

Ohh Nic you will have to let me know what its like when you take the mat out the bag, thats the one I have been looking at buying too and the matching fisher price swing too... They are slightly more expensive than other brands but I just think they look really entertaining! (for the baby that is lol) x

Last edited:
They r really good Lou, i would def recommend it! Saw it in boots today for £55!

I also managed to get hold of the rainforest cot mobile for £10!!

Will let you know when we finally get round to having a proper look at it. Yes, we thought about getting the matching swing too - fishr price do some fab stuff - seems really interactive for the baby - a bit pricier than some other brands, but good stuff! We decided to just go with bouncer and the rainforest mat for now and see how that goes.

Thanks Larly, the cot mobile was another thing I was looking at too, and wow what a bargain you got it for too! I have read lots of reviews on the fisher price stuff and ther is hardly anything bad said about them compared to other brands so I think even though they are more expensive they seem worth it.

Nic yeah I get the impression they are really good for the interactivity. Thats what has kind of won me over with fisher price. Although I do think that other brands have better looking items, such as Bright Starts, but they just don't seem as interactive for the baby x

I wouldn't be able to justify buyin it new so Facebook swap shops have been amazing for me!

OMG - sooooo sorry Ive not been on here much laydeeees.

My internet has been awful and Im currently having abit of a war with Sky about it...booooo!!

Anyhow.....

Update re recent posts:

Stretchmarks - none as yet - but as my mum has them ive been oiling, moisturising n creaming up 3 times a day. I have also ordered some of that Millenimum oil made by Chharlotte from the 'How to be a good mum' programme. Free postage atm too. Any one watch it?

Nighties - I must go n get one tomorro - like some of u guys - Im just gonna grab a cheap cotton one from somewhere with buttons. P.S Peacocks are going into administration so there may be some bargains to be had for those of u that shop there.

Only need to buys baby socks & nighty n then Im done, everything up, made, washed, ironed n put in drawers. Purely because Ive been having cramps n tightenings on n off for the past week. most morning and today I was planning to get my last bits n pop shopping but started with backache around 10 so decided against it.

Im literally so convinced Jnr is gonna come early that I sometimes darent leave the house just incase. Bags are totes packed!!!! One day I feel ok, then the next Im sure he/she is on the way. Plus I read that if u have bleeding in early preg then chances r ur bubs may b early. OMG ?!?! Plus my trip to the hosp at xmas has made me a bit more worried than I should be I think.

Just gonna take my pooch a quick walk round the block then gunna have a nice bath n do my nails (just incase) - lol. I bet Jnr ends up being the last Feb baby to arrive after all this remature preparation....lol.

Verity : Our names are Valentine and Guy if you update for me pleeeeease :)

Big hugs to u all- Im deffo feeling the pain along with ya, sleepless nights, aches n pains, chord tugging, hormones n all that Jaz....but at least we have each other for a good whinge xxxxxx

Ah yeah i watched that how to be a good mum programme. Was it the one with the placenta cooking woman lol?!? i found that all a bit much haha. x

Oh yes that programme last week, I saw that too! The placenta smoothie really was too much to stomach!
You are so organised GregorysGirl - I keep thinking I have most things and then I think of loads more that I dont have yet... The list just seems to keep growing!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back