**February Babies 2012**

Awwww it's gorgeous Carly! I love the moses basket and the rug!

The Moses basket is a mamas and papas one I got from a Facebook swapshop for £20! I love it! The rug is from the mothercare "my first adventure" collection. I also have the lantern, changing mat, top and tail bowl, bath box, cot tidy and laundry bag :) not having any of the bedding as Pip can't have the bumper/quilt anyway! Not paying £16 for 2 sheets or £16 for a blanket so he has plain cream/blue sheets and blankets.

And typing this I think I've had my first proper BHs. Bump has gone really tight an hard. Happened twice and stayed hard for about 2 mins. Does it sound like BH to anyone else? Pip is still squirming inbetween so I know he is ok!

Oooooh that's so cool. We got a bedding bundle which turned out to be a quilt and bumper set, and then we realised that the bumper has to come off as soon as cub needs to actually sleep in there and the quilt can't be used until after 12 months! Doh!!!!! We kept it as it looks pretty but will be coming out as soon as cub needs to sleep in there!

Definitely sounds like BH! I think I've had my first bout too at the weekend as I had a session of cramps and a rock hard bump so hopefully we're all moving in the right direction!

Kinda excited and scared all at the same time! Lol!

They keep comin too! Don't notice them goin but can feel bump tense up when it starts. Doesn't hurt at all so not worried but feels weird! Lol!

Loving your nursery larly! :). Def sounds like bh too - I've been getting them too. Feels really weird!! :)

Hey ladies :wave:

Had BH's quite a lot since yesterday. At least 5 times today. Had my hospital tour and I'm definatley going for the moswifery led unit. It's soooo nice. Much more relaxing than the delivery ward.

Quite excited about Pip's arrival now. Just gotta wait and see if DH's hunch is right and I go into labour before my dd. as long as he makes it to 37 weeks I will be allowed in the mlu :yay:

I hope you get to go to the mlu Carly :)
Will be lovely for you, I can't wait until Sunday for my hospital tour, just the hospital though, I was going to pick the mlu but opted out of it as I thought something would end up happening with my pregnancy which never did. x

Can u not opt back in? The mlu is connected to the delivery ward so if I insist on needing more than g&a and water I can be transferred in about a minute!

Our mlu is in a different area to hospital, 15mins in an ambulance away. I don't think I would be let in there now as I have to see a consultant about the lack of movements I was getting. I don't mind the hospital anyway, it's not too bad there. x

Pip's cot all dressed :yay: just waiting for his cot tidy to be delivered and his cot is finished :D

Gonna find my heffalump and DH's monkey and they r goin in his cot too :)

Attachments

• phuppimagelu.jpg
    phuppimagelu.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I can't decide between mlu and delivery suite. Both are in the same building, so don't really have to decide until the day, and then you can move from one to the other if you need to. I couldn't really see a great difference between the two at our hospital to e honest - I think the only real difference is that the rooms in the mlu were en suite and had pictures on the wall whereas the delivery suite didn't.

I think if the two units were a 15 min journey apart I would definitely feel safer at the hospital than the mlu... Just in case! I don't like the idea of not having doctors around in case you need them, but that's just cos I worry about everything!!! I'm not a 'home birth ' sort of girl, wish I was, but I'm not! Xx

Awww... Cot is looking fab larly... All it needs now is little pip!! :)

Just spotted the little cow... Got that one too!!!! Gotta love a freebee!! :) xx

I'm the same Nic, def not into a home birth! Want someone there just in case! Lol!

I would def be in the hospital if they were apart, but I can cope with through a set of doors! DH is really worried about somethin happening, but since the tour he has said he thinks the mlu is def better, and he would feel comfortable being there too. He said the delivery suite freaked him out a bit as it is "very hospital" whereas the mlu has a totally different feel and is much more relaxed. He feels a lot better knowing how close the "proper" hospital is should somethin happen or I decide I want more than water/g&a for pain relief xx

Haha i got my polar bear through earlier in the week! Hehe

Had good mw appt today baby is still 4/5 engaged and is in perfect position - fingers crossed stays there ready to pop out :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back