February 2021 Mummies :) 2nd Trimester

Sciatica is dreadful for me at the moment. Literally waddling round like a full termer! Anyone else suffering?

No I don't think so.. not yet. But.. I have a long term issue with my left outer thigh - feels slightly numb/I don't like the sensation of it being touched. I get pins and needles if I sleep on left side or on my back for too long. Not sure if sciatic nerve is to blame.. but worried it's going to get worse as pregnancy progresses!! Especially when later on needing to sleep on left side. My hips were so sore after a day of working and sitting at a desk yesterday. Think I'm going to start doing some work standing up! (I'm doing mostly phone bookings from home). I did a pregnancy warm up and work out after work yesterday which helped and my pregnancy pillow should come today as a normal pillow just isn't doing the work now!

As if your boss didn’t say anything... that’s not normal! I’ve had a couple of flutters but not An actual movement xxx

I didn't see him all day and I wrote him an email and let him know. He didnt answer and but he had told the news forward and when I did see him face to face later yesterday he didnt mention it at all to me. Even tho he talked to me about something else.

No I don't think so.. not yet. But.. I have a long term issue with my left outer thigh - feels slightly numb/I don't like the sensation of it being touched. I get pins and needles if I sleep on left side or on my back for too long. Not sure if sciatic nerve is to blame.. but worried it's going to get worse as pregnancy progresses!! Especially when later on needing to sleep on left side. My hips were so sore after a day of working and sitting at a desk yesterday. Think I'm going to start doing some work standing up! (I'm doing mostly phone bookings from home). I did a pregnancy warm up and work out after work yesterday which helped and my pregnancy pillow should come today as a normal pillow just isn't doing the work now!

Hi Sydney, I'm thread hopping from tne November Mums group.

I have had exactly this on my left hip throughout my pregnancy. Look up meralgia parasthetica and see if you think it sounds like what you are experiencing. You might get some help seeing a physio. I already dislike side sleeping because I am very much a back sleeper. Then when I started getting numbness and pins and needles every night on my left side it was so frustrating.

I have found for myself sleeping with my legs straight but still on my side tends to help (proped with pillows). I avoid positions with my hips flexed when I can. I also get hubby to help me do a release of my ITB and glutes. Its settling down for me at the moment. Hopefully you can find something that works for you! Goodluck.

Hi Sydney, I'm thread hopping from tne November Mums group.

I have had exactly this on my left hip throughout my pregnancy. Look up meralgia parasthetica and see if you think it sounds like what you are experiencing. You might get some help seeing a physio. I already dislike side sleeping because I am very much a back sleeper. Then when I started getting numbness and pins and needles every night on my left side it was so frustrating.

I have found for myself sleeping with my legs straight but still on my side tends to help (proped with pillows). I avoid positions with my hips flexed when I can. I also get hubby to help me do a release of my ITB and glutes. Its settling down for me at the moment. Hopefully you can find something that works for you! Goodluck.
Thank you for your reply! I think this started years ago as I used to sleep on my back (to prevent wrinkles LOLZ) and used to sleep with my left leg bent and my foot against my right leg (kind of like a ballerina pose) and I think that did the damage to start with!
I've asked my midwife to refer me to women's physio as I definitely need some help especially as I expect the body to be impacted as time goes on. Thanks again for writing! x

How is everyone doing? Approaching half way through now ladies :faint: hope everyone’s enjoying 2nd trimester before we all start getting really achy and sluggish in 3rd :lol: this is the best trimester of them all! I’ve got 16 days til my final scan of the pregnancy (all being well) :faint:

other than that the intermittent sciatica And constipation remains. Feels like I’m carrying exactly the same as I did with my son, but everything else has been totally different. X

Hey!
I'm going well thanks! Doing pregnancy bookings from home which is nice in terms of meeting and chatting with lots of lovely ladies. I have a private scan on 21/09 and then my 20/40 in October. My legs look shocking from a combination of DIY and Tinzaparin bruises!

Not sure when to expect to feel this baby - anterior placenta and no sure what it will feel like! Feeling better - less tired and hungry so functioning a bit more normally. Constipation seems to have caught up with me recently so going to take some lactulose as this feeling of violation down below isn't pleasant :lol:

Hey!
I'm going well thanks! Doing pregnancy bookings from home which is nice in terms of meeting and chatting with lots of lovely ladies. I have a private scan on 21/09 and then my 20/40 in October. My legs look shocking from a combination of DIY and Tinzaparin bruises!

Not sure when to expect to feel this baby - anterior placenta and no sure what it will feel like! Feeling better - less tired and hungry so functioning a bit more normally. Constipation seems to have caught up with me recently so going to take some lactulose as this feeling of violation down below isn't pleasant :lol:
I’ve had an anterior placenta with both pregnancies, so don’t worry you will feel it soon - between now and 20 weeks I imagine. I describe it as like a bit of a twitch inside, to me it feels like when my eye is twitching, but in my uterus instead :lol:
I did a booking today for the first time in ages, actually really enjoyed it :) x

Hey all, glad to hear everyone seems to be happy and well! I’m still feeling slightly bloated and constipated, but otherwise fine! Got my next scan on 21st, and seeing midwife on Friday, so all on track :cheer:

Hey all, glad to hear everyone seems to be happy and well! I’m still feeling slightly bloated and constipated, but otherwise fine! Got my next scan on 21st, and seeing midwife on Friday, so all on track :cheer:

hopefully the constipation will pass.... it’s horrible though isn’t it! Excited to see your scan pics! Mines on 23rd! Eeep xx

Hey ladies! Glad you're all doing well! Can't belive the 20 week scans are coming up soon, seems only yday we were counting down the days for the 12 week ones!

My hyperemesis still isn't under control, currently trying a 3rd lot of medication but with this one it seems migraines come along with it.. Hoping to get some relief soon as I can't imagine another 22 weeks like this but at the same time, I know I'll manage for baby boy x

Hey ladies! Glad you're all doing well! Can't belive the 20 week scans are coming up soon, seems only yday we were counting down the days for the 12 week ones!

My hyperemesis still isn't under control, currently trying a 3rd lot of medication but with this one it seems migraines come along with it.. Hoping to get some relief soon as I can't imagine another 22 weeks like this but at the same time, I know I'll manage for baby boy x
Gosh that’s been going on for so long! You must be exhausted by it x

@debbie, sorry you're having to deal with that still. I hope you get some let up really soon.

Still a month off my 20/40 USS... I'm the baby of the group :lol:

Gosh that’s been going on for so long! You must be exhausted by it x

Been going on since 4 weeks.. I'm so so drained but trying not to complain as I'm so aware people are much much worse off but some days I just have really bad days and can't shift the crappy feeling x

@debbie, sorry you're having to deal with that still. I hope you get some let up really soon.

Still a month off my 20/40 USS... I'm the baby of the group :lol:

Ah mines still 3 weeks away! Going for a private scan this Sunday though as I have an anterior placenta so cannot feel any movement yet and I'm riddled with anxiety x

Been going on since 4 weeks.. I'm so so drained but trying not to complain as I'm so aware people are much much worse off but some days I just have really bad days and can't shift the crappy feeling x

i really feel for you. I was never sick in my first pregnancy and this one I Was sick regularly but only until week 10 the the nausea is still on and off even now.
Hypremesis must be so difficult to deal with. I hope it eases off soon and you can enjoy your pregnancy x

Oh wow that must be so difficult to deal with, nothing worse than feeling sick!!

Ah mines still 3 weeks away! Going for a private scan this Sunday though as I have an anterior placenta so cannot feel any movement yet and I'm riddled with anxiety x
This is my 3rd pregnancy and I’m 18 weeks on Sunday, but I’ve still not felt anything either yet :sad:

I'm on sick leave next two weeks. Happy about that. :angel:

The other day I felt the baby swim many times but then there are days I don't feel much of anything. Not super worried but I'd prefer to feel something every day. I'm 18+5 today.

I have my second scan on 24th so still have to wait for more than two weeks to know if we're having a boy or a girl. Hope I start feeling the movements more often. <3

i really feel for you. I was never sick in my first pregnancy and this one I Was sick regularly but only until week 10 the the nausea is still on and off even now.
Hypremesis must be so difficult to deal with. I hope it eases off soon and you can enjoy your pregnancy x

I had hyperemesis in both of my last pregnancies but I don't remember it being this bad! My nausea is constant, unless I'm eating, ironically, but as soon as I stop, the nausea is back x

This is my 3rd pregnancy and I’m 18 weeks on Sunday, but I’ve still not felt anything either yet :sad:

My 3rd pregnancy and also 18 weeks Sunday! I defo felt movement earlier in my last pregnancy but the sonographer at outr gender scan confirmed the anterior placenta so it makes sense. I just love feeling the little movements so hopefully it's soon for both of us! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back