*August Mummys - Our Tri3 Thread*

Hi girls :wave:

Well my trip to hospital for growth scan was a bit of a waste of time..... Got there only to be told I was not getting a scan but going to see consultant. She said that they dont do growth scan at over 39 weeks and just wanted to feel the baby. She did that and said that I have "a good size baby" ok so I knew that.... She then asked if she could do an internal examination and I said yes so she had a poke about and said can feel baby's head, can get 1 finger in cervix (so I must be 1cm dolated) cervix is soft and ready :dance: I suppose the only bonus is that when I spoke to my midwife a couple of weeks ago I askd when they do sweep and she said not until 7-10 days overdue. My consultant has put in my notes however for midwife to do my sweep on Tuesday next week and she would rather I gave birth earlier than later but they dont want to interfere with induction.

So how is everyone else today? Not many of us left.....who is left?? Almeria? you still with us??

Hey august mummys 2b Ive just got home from hospital had to stay in for 24 hours due to the prolonged rupture of my waters.

1cm tracey yay i will be expecting a text soon saying your in labour.

Almeria are you ok?
I will do my birth story soon.

hello girls

i am fine, except i have a 10 day overdue baby in my tummy and he WILL NOT COME OUT!!!!!!!!
hehehehe

going for a sweep tomorrow, hopefully that will help.

tracey, i had a growth scan at 39+1 and 41+1, to check amniotic fluid and that placenta was functioning fine (which it was). strange you couldn't get one!

can't wait to see pics emerald rose!

thanks for all the labour vibes, hope they help!

x x x x

Last edited:
Evening ladies,

Tracey, sounds like you'll be in labour soon :) got my fingers crossed.

Almeria - when will they induce you if your 10 days over? I was 13 by the time missy finally arrived. It must be over the next couple days for you. Xx

Hugs and labour vibes to you both xxxx

10 days overdue - I would be climbing the walls by now. Well, I did last time with Joshua but I went into labour naturally the next morning - I really hope you go soon - maybe you will wake up in the middle of the night. I'm in 2 minds.... I want to go into labour now but I also dont cos I know how horrible it is!! I just want to go to bed and wake up with my baby in bed next to me LOL.

My midwife called me today to ask how I got on at hospital yesterday cos a few people had complained about consultant saying she was disinterested etc. Maybe I just got consultant on a bad day! Midwife had me pissing myself laughing today. She asked me if my hubby was home this weekend - I said yeah.... she told me to have sex every 4 hours and get him to do loads of nipple tweaking :shock: said that should get me into labour as it releases the same hormone they use for induction. She said if she sees me on Tuesday for my sweep then I've not been at my hubby enough!! She knows he is a firefighter so told me to get him to get his uniform on :whistle: I love my midwife!!

Lol hope your erm.. busy with your hubby Tracey.
Im staying around untill all my fellow august mummys2b are mummys so keep updating us ladies.

How is everyone today?

hello everyone!
thanks for sticking around Emerald Rose!

11 days over today... have my induction booked for tuesday 8.30pm, so only a few more days at the most!

had a sweep today (which wasn't that bad at all) and cervix is forward, but long and closed, she said she could stretch to 1cm, and she had a good swish about, but not sure it has done anything!

baby was quite engaged until she did sweep, then he hid up the top of my uterus... hahahaha, he really really doesn't want to come out!

just bought 8 mr. kipling french fancies, and going to console myself by eating all of them!

hope tracey and georgie are both progressing (wish i had a sexy fireman husband to help me along..... can you lend him out tracey? lol

Just sneaking in from september mummies, Im due next friday and have an appointment with my midwife on friday for a sweep. Have you ladies that are still left had any signs of labour atall? i havent yet, just getting aot of pressure down there and think his head may be engaged by now (i hope) xx

no katie, no loss of plug or show, no major niggles, just a bit of back ache... and i am quite overdue!

sometimes i think labour just sneaks up on you, so don't worry too much x

Not much longer almeria hopefully the sweep help things progress for you.

hope so emerald rose

just ate 3 french fancies and i feel sick now... bleurgh!

that will teach me.

I'm still going! Keep getting 'niggles' and having a bit of pain and i had a show on wednesday after the sweep, but nothing doing! I'm booked in for induction on Tuesday morning. I have this terrible fear i won't know when i'm in labour (yep, i know, i'll not be able to miss it really lol!) and won't realise what a contraction is lol!

Hi girls

Well, hubby has not taken advice from midwife and has decided to do his coursework instead and had been coming to bed at 3-4 am and then sleeps in morning after I'm up and about with kids. I was totally up for it too .....every 4 hours wow that could have been a challenge eh? I would not bother lending him out he's pretty useless eh? OMG but damn, he is fit :whistle: He is soooo gonna get jumped tonight....well.....dont think I'm quite up for jumping his bones.... maybe slowly climb if my SPD allows it :shakehead:

Thanks for staying with us Emwerald Rose - how lovely of you! I need you to do my labour watch so you're not going anywhere over next 2 weeks or so!!

I have got a huge increase in discharge over last 2 days, no bloody show but i feel like things are different. Stupidly I keep thinking I will be in labour soon but knowing my luck will be 12 days late.... Got my gaviscon at the ready, curry will be ordered for tea, raspberry leaf tea is being drunk and hubby will do his duty - bring it on!!

Good luck for Tuesday inductions girls I think I will be the last August Mummy so I'll move to September thread.....hey ho

Does your hubby not understand how important it is to listen to medical advice tracey!
Hows the spd? i thought mine would go after giving birth but its decided to stick around abit longer.

still have spd emerald rose? that SUCKS! hope it goes soon...

i will be staying around until we all pop too, so don't worry tracey.

good luck georgie with everything, is your induction tuesday like mine?

well, i have tonight and tomorrow to go naturally, if not, in tuesday evening, getting very very excited!

x x x x x x x x

Yep, i'm Tuesday like you! What time are you booked in for? I'm 7.45 am. Typical, i hate getting up early!
Either way, not long now! x x

So thats 2 labour watches for tuesday! Being induced isnt as bad as i thought it would be, the hormone drip just made the contractions come faster.

Hey ladies, I'm still gonna be here til we al pop too :)

Almeria good luck for Tues - do u have a text buddy? I'd love to if you want xx

Xxx

Can't believe tomorrow wez'll have 2 labour watches and my little girl will be a week old its gone so fast xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back