**** • May 2016 Mamas • ****

Had my 24 weeks appointment today. Honestly what is the point??? To day this is my first baby my midwife is useless!!! It's like she rushes me in and out, even forgot to give me my matb1 form, I had to ask her and all she did was sign and date it said you can do the rest and off I went.
Feel like you guys and my friends have been more help than my midwife xx

I've just been for my 25 week,it's my first too but my midwife is wonderful and I've just found out it her last day :( gutted.
Hope things improve for you Andrea.
She had a feel of bump and says bump is hard and all baby and it long

Basically they just keep an eye and sometimes you do feel a little in/out. U.S. 2nd time mums get very few midwife appointments. I had one at 16 weeks and one at 25 and I don't think I get another till about 35 weeks or so. They basically check urine and BP, feel
For baby's position and send you in your way. However if there's something you need to ask it then ask and don't let them push you out - if they do, then complain

Awww Andrea, they're a total let down really these mw appt's!!! You seem to get so many for your first and they barely do anything. Use the time to ask any questions you need though. Save them up if you can?

I've had an awful week. Awake for 3 hours Monday night with the WORST hip pain. Midwives got me an appt for a fembrace support belt that morning but by afternoon I was still in agony so I made a chiropractor appt for today. First appt £48, and I've woken up today feeling very pain free (still got my support band on though) so I've cancelled it!!! Hoping that I don't come to regret that!!! Xx

I find mw apps very pointless!

Here for 2+ mums we get:

16w
28w
34w
36w
38w
40w
41&42

Missing the 24/25 & 32 wk ones.
Thy never last more than 5mins!! And i dnt even know my mws name or have her direct number. Just a community one!

I had to call my go to arrange for my matb1 x

I've changed boroughs for this pregnancy and so far my mw has been pretty good this time. In James' pregnancy I had a different mw every appt! So far I've been seen at 8wks (booking in), 17wks and 21wks. Next seeing her at 25wks so she must like seeing her ladies every 4weeks xx

My next appointment is at 28 for bloods and to measure bump, but now mine leaving I don't know what experience I will have

Sounds like mine is just been slack!haha! She's away for my 28 week appointment So hoping next me I see will be better. Got my glucose test in 2 weeks at the hospital xx

I had a diff one with every app with Noahs pregancy! Its so silly really lol! X

I can't complain about my mw, they're very approachable and although I do t see them very often they've always given me the time I need and explained what to expect at each appt etc and I'm a 5th time mum x

I go for my Appt on 4th Feb.

The last few i've been for honestly the midwives have been useless!

The best midwife was the one i saw when i went for my scan in december... she was an older lady but better than a lot of the others... my only criticism is none of them seem to be listening to my concerns... i'm being sent for the fasting diabetes blood test... a) If i don't eat i begin to feel severely sick b) If i have bloods drawn on an empty stomach i pass out (been that way for years) But they aren't listening and i am worried if i go for the tests i'll end up at a&e or on the assessment ward because the midwives haven't listened!

I am a first timer and honestly all these tests and things make me worry more... :(

The best midwife was the one i saw when i went for my scan in december... she was an older lady but better than a lot of the others... my only criticism is none of them seem to be listening to my concerns... i'm being sent for the fasting diabetes blood test... a) If i don't eat i begin to feel severely sick b) If i have bloods drawn on an empty stomach i pass out (been that way for years) But they aren't listening and i am worried if i go for the tests i'll end up at a&e or on the assessment ward because the midwives haven't listened!

I am a first timer and honestly all these tests and things make me worry more... :(

Hey hun!

Whats ur due date? Just noticed ur not added to the front page. Do u know what ur having?

Apparently the glucose tests are done early in the morning, you only have to fast from midnight so I wouldn't think you'll pass out. You can drink water but that's it.xx

I had 2 last time.and it's honestly fine. I.would much rather know . If I have GD than avoid it.

Hey hun!

Whats ur due date? Just noticed ur not added to the front page. Do u know what ur having?

I am due 5th May :) Team Pink having a beautiful little girl :)

Apparently the glucose tests are done early in the morning, you only have to fast from midnight so I wouldn't think you'll pass out. You can drink water but that's it.xx

Thats not what i was told :( They told me from 8pm... thats why i have some concerns.

They say 12 hour for a
Rule of thumb but 8 is enough. I was told today from
9pm lay time but this time midnight

Here for 2+ mums we get:

16w
28w
34w
36w
38w
40w
41&42

Thy never last more than 5mins!! And i dnt even know my mws name or have her direct number. Just a community one!

You guys south of the border are seen much more regularly than us gals north of it.

I am one first baby, and so far had the following:
12 wk scan,
20 wk scan,
midwife appt at 22wks, 28wks, then 34, 36wks, 38, 40, 41 & any extra after that!!

There was literally no MW contact between scans!

They say 12 hour for a
Rule of thumb but 8 is enough. I was told today from
9pm lay time but this time midnight

I might just go from midnight then :) not that i eat much between 8 and 8 but usually toast for breakfast and fruit late night

Here for 2+ mums we get:

16w
28w
34w
36w
38w
40w
41&42

You guys south of the border are seen much more regularly than us gals north of it.

I am one first baby, and so far had the following:
12 wk scan,
20 wk scan,
midwife appt at 22wks, 28wks, then 34, 36wks, 38, 40, 41 & any extra after that!!

There was literally no MW contact between scans!

God thats bloody crap!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back