**** • May 2016 Mamas • ****

Financial worries are the worst. Hate it. You'll get by though, you just have to, don't you?

God Jojo call the midwife destroyed me last night. As soon as I realised what they were doing I just lost it, couldn't stop sobbing!!!

I'm over here for another 2 weeks :) 25 weeks tomorrow!! Xx

Me too, although I already knew they did that. My mum is a nurse and when she trained a lot of he nurses had been around at the time of the outbreak - many nurses gave up midwifery and changed to general because they were so traumatised by what they saw. The surgeons was typical too. That poor baby didn't even get a name. I sobbed my heart out so much.

I'm here until saturday! I'm very quiet though, been struggling with work recently but only 6 weeks to go until annual leave straight before maternity leave starts!!
I've been told to avoid call the midwife, sounds like it might be for the best, my hormones are enough of a nightmare anyway without having a genuine reason to cry

Call the midwife is totally fine I think because it's historical, a lot of those issues wouldn't be issues anymore. However it's tear jerking, but I love he show so much I was watching it in labour the first time lol

Might be one for maternity leave then :) always after a new box set haha
Silly baby is pretending to be an acrobat tonight, my belly keeps swinging from side to side!

Yeah my baby is moving a lot too, awa
To be kicking u ribs and my pelvic bone or it feels that way lol

This one hasn't made it as far up as my ribs yet....I'm not looking forward to getting feet in the ribs again!! She's having a right wiggle tonight, she must have moved away from behind the placenta again :)

I went to the estate agents today....I've arranged a viewing on the house we like for tomorrow morning!! My Nan and Grandad have agreed to look into it and see if they may be able to help us out with the fees. There's soooo much to do tho, it terrifies me! We've got a lot of sorting out to do before our house is ready to sell, then we've got to hope that ours would sell really quickly so we can get an offer in on the house we like and get it all sorted in 14 weeks....we must be mad!!! I so hope it all works out but don't want to get too excited just yet if I can help it. Xxx

As my mum always says "what's for you, will no go by you". If you don't get this house, it just means there is something better waiting just around the corner for you.

Hope the viewing goes well, and everything falls into place for you.

As my mum always says "what's for you, will no go by you". If you don't get this house, it just means there is something better waiting just around the corner for you.

Hope the viewing goes well, and everything falls into place for you.

What a lovely saying, and so true :)
Just picking my Nan up then meeting Mom and the estate agent up there. I insisted Nan come with us because my Mom has a history of getting carried away, she'll keep us sensible lol. Xxx

It was absolutely true for us too. We had put an offer in on a house a couple of years ago, and it was accepted, then at the last minute, the seller pulled out.

We now live in a house in a better house, in a better location, near a significantly better school.

Hopefully Nan sees the potential, and is able to help you out.

Well I've come home to a lovely letter from my landlord today...she's evicting us! We have to have vacated the property by 26/4/16 so 2 weeks before I'm due. The reason she evicting us...she wants us out because the house isn't selling...not our fault nobody wants the shitty house! So we're currently looking for a house

Oh shit. On the up side, new baby will be brought home to a much better place. As mum says. What's for you, will no go by you! Bigger and better things are on the way!

I don't like that saying tbh, someone said something similar when I lostu first baby and I've hated it ever since

We're still waiting to hear about my mums house - it's looking good, but we'll just have to wait and see. I don't want to ask her about it because I don't want to stress her out about it

People say strange things when after baby loss, they often don't know what to say. But that saying definitely wouldn't be appropriate in that situation :-/

Sorry to hear about your house Andrea, what rubbish timing. Hope you manage to find something lovely nice and quickly :)

Well the house I viewed yesterday was disgusting!!! It was so dirty, cobwebs and dust everywhere, full of damp and mould and most of the windows were broken and wouldn't open or close properly. The estate agent even broke a handle off one trying to open it :-O
The pictures made it look so nice and big and ready to move into, not the case at all. Just hire the same agent to take pictures of our house haha.
Xxx

It's certainly not a phrase I would use in thee situation of the loss of someone, never mind a baby. Seems a very odd thing to say in that situation. Especially when there is nothing that can be done to influence the outcome.

I think for things where we have control, its appropriate.

Sorry to hear the house wasn't as you expected it to be Jenni. You would think when there are so many laws surrounding false advertising the estate agents would also be regulated with a similar code. It sucks when things do not live up to expectations, especially in such a horrible way. :(

I couldn't believe the state of it, I'm surprised the estate agents took it on as it is cos it obviously hasn't had a good clean for a looooong time and it's only been on the market a few weeks!
We've seen a different house that we're going to view tomorrow. It's £20k cheaper than the first one and has slightly bigger rooms but is a terraced (only a row of four tho) and is in an area I always said I'd never want......but with Rich working away so much, I think we really need to be closer to family. We're only 20-30 mins away at the minute, but when I need help with Oscar (and baby too from May!) I could really do with being closer. And our house is just far too small for two young children. I think that maybe if I was living back 'home', I wouldn't find it quite so hard when Rich does have to go away (it's been pretty much every week for the last 6 months, with no signs of it slowing down despite numerous promises!) and I wouldn't be spending so much on fuel travelling backwards and forwards as I do now.
I just hope this one works out, I didn't realise how much I wanted to move until the house we looked at Wednesday was so disappointing.
Sorry, I'm rambling now......lol!

Off to my 26wk mw apt shortly :) my last one was only two weeks ago. She said 'you can either wait until the home visit at 28wks or have another at 26, up to you'. Of course I chose the extra apt :p
Xxx

Fingers crossed the new house is better suited to you.

I don't have another appt until 28 weeks, so still a week and half to go till we see the midwife again. Not seen her since 22 weeks!!

Good luck with the viewing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back