May babies!!!! (or April, or June - everyone welcome as we were tri3 together!)

Just had Jake weighed and he's a whopping 15lbs 8ozs. He's put on 2.5 lbs in 3 weeks. The HV seemed a little worried about him having such a big gain so I'm to take him to the next baby clinic in 2 weeks to check him again. It's got me worried now.

We got Jake some calpol just incase he got a fever after his jabs but he seemed fine so we didn't bother giving him any.

Wow, I thought Sam had gained alot. He was 12lb 9oz last week.

I think I'll give Sam the Calpol pre jabs and then play it by ear. Im dreading it though, I hate it when he does his 'hurty' cry!
Im still waiting for the HV to ring back as Sam is still sounding like a Grandad snorer at night despite saline drops, suction, steam. He has also started sneezing alot in the evening and rubbing his eyes, so im wondering whether he has an allergy to something. We're heading up to my parents again on saturday for a few days, cant wait. Hope we get some sunshine up there!

Beth-glad Alex is better. I noticed on FB (i was in the PF friends group) that you went to Friary School? I went to John Taylor in Barton if you ever heard of it? I used to do ballet and swimming stuff at Friary! oh, those were the days!!

Hi all.. got Emmas jabs friday.. I got a call today as I've been on the waiting list for baby massage at our local centre and they offered me a place starting next week but I've had to turn it down because I can't really take Josie too in her wheelchair with he broken leg.. hopefully they'll have another course in sept and josie will be at school by then... got consultants tomorrow for a check of her leg. Poor little girl - I've been trying to still do days out and stuff but in some ways it must make her just realise that she can't do all the things she normally does bless her. SHe hasn't moaned once about it itching or not being able to bend it (it's a toe to thigh cast)... but she does keep asking when she can walk again.. 6 weeks must seem like a lifetime to her... right through the summer hols too... oh well.. will see what consultant has to say tomoz x x x

Poor Josie, thigh to ankle seems really extreme. Out of action for the whole summer holidays, of all the times for it to happen to her!

Roo and Mrs B - your bubbas are putting on weight super! Lily is 12 weeks today and only 11lb 11oz, she's weeny compared. At least we'll get a bit more wear out of her clothes I suppose.

Riotfox - hubby got to drs with her, waited ages, then got told they'd made a mistake and we had to come back in a couple of weeks for the second jabs! I hope he's off when the next ones are due too :oooo:

Super weight loss Eilish - I've been a disgrace and eaten all the chocolate and sugar I wasn't allowed when I was pregnant due to the GD. Blood test the other week has suggested I haven't gotten over the GD fully so really I should stop eating sugar again or I'm going to end up making myself ill. I have so no will power when not being watched though.

Lily is in her cot for the first time ever tonight - she went in at 10pm and then was up for a feed at 11ish, and now there again. Fingers crossed she stays for a while. I'm going to get to bed to hopefully get a few hours before she's up again.

Last edited:
Roo, pleased Jake coped well with his jabs!!

Mrs B, I hope you have a nice time at your parents. I hope Sam doesn't keep you awake with his snoring.

Can't Stop, I can't believe they had made a mistake. That must have been frustrating.

Lucas did not like his jabs yesterday. He cried during and a little after but soon feel asleep on the walk home. However in the afternoon his reflux played up and cried like I have never heard him cry before. Don't think it was just his reflux, think it was the jabs. I was round at my MIL's and I ended up crying with him as he was crying that much. He soon settled after a bit thank god. On the walk back to mine I decided to go and get some Calpol for Lucas and some pain relief for me as I had a headache from all the worry. However after I had taken the pain relief my headache turned into a migraine and I ended up being sick all over the living room floor. Not good. Luckily MIL and SIL came and cleaned up for me. I did feel a bit better after that and OH came home shortly after. Before bed we noticed Lucas was a little hot (said slight fever on thermometer) so we gave him some calpol which made him bring up some of his milk. He still slept till 6am which was nice. He seems better today fingers crossed!! Sorry I have rambled on. xx

Sorry to hear Lucas was off colour. Hopefully he's feeling better today and you both have a better day.

Jake didn't have a very good night last night and woke at 2am and 6am. He would act as though he was hungry and drink half a bottle then thrash about so in the end we swaddled him and put him back in his crib and he dropped off. He normally will sleep till about 5am and drain a bottle then sleep for another few hours so I'm hoping it's just a one off last night cos of the heat.

OH measured Jake this morning and measured him at 65cms! He was last measured 3 weeks ago and was 58.5cms. I can't believe he's grown that much in 3 weeks so someone has to be wrong!

Riot, sorry to hear Lucas suffered yesterday.

I gave Sam his pre jab Calpol and he yelped a bit during the jabs then fell asleep. At about 1pm though he screamed and screamed so I stripped him off and gave him Calpol again. He fell asleep about half hour later. He was ok during the evening but again got upset at bedtime and woke 4 tumes during the night! I'm wacked! Touchwood though he seems quite content today and has been to see his girlfriend in Costa coffee this morning!

Roo I'm also hoping that last nights lack of sleep was heat related and not a habit we will get into!

Jakes been a handful today. Hes not been drinking as much as usual and has been screaming when the bottle teat reaches his mouth so my hv has just been round to look at him. She doesnt think its anything to worry about and it could just be the heat so i'm to keep an eye on him.

Poor Lucas and poor you Stacey, it's handy you have nice helpful in-laws.

Hope Jake feels better soon Roo, it must at least be reassuring that HV has seen him.

MrsB Lily's also a reet goggle eyes, she loves a bit of telly!

All your bubbas seem to do really well overnight - Lily is 12 weeks now and still wants feeding every 3-4 hours through the night and every 3 through the day :S. She has just went into her own room so I'm hoping this will extend how long she can go if she can't smell me/milk.

Cantstop-Sam loves Jeremy Kyle! But he even has to be winded sat on my lap so he can see the TV! He screams if I try and wind him on my shoulder!
He's also learnt to stick his tongue out thanks to his dad! Little bugger!

Roo, hope Jake is better soon. Horrible when they are cranky. The heat is evil despite the rain we are having.

Mrs B, I'm glad Sam felt better the next day. Hope you got caught up on your sleep.

Roo, I hope Jake is better today.

Cantstop, I hope sleeping in her own room helps her sleep better through the night.

Lucas was a much happier boy yesterday thank goodness. Had loads of big smiles!! Plan on catching up with housework today. Already managed to sort the nursery out while Lucas played in his cot. xx

Hey everyone!

Not much to report here, but Tia had her last lot of jabs this week - 3 in total, lol! But she was good as gold afterwards, and been lucky they dont really affect her.
Also got her weighed, and she is still only 12lbs 13oz, bless her, at 16 weeks! But she is following the 25th centile to the exact line, so think that is where she wants to be!

And she LOVES swimming - no tears, no grumbles, she just likes looking around and being nosey. She kicks her legs if you put her on her back and front. Even dunked her and let her go, and she came swimming back up to the top - still no tears! So going to try and take her every week now.

Everyone else sounds like they are getting on well xxxxxx

Glad babys are feeling better after their jabs! Alex has his next lot at the end of August but he had 4 last time this time i think its just 2 :D...

I havent been on much as my dads in hospital so ive been back n forth to him, ive been having to leave alex with the mil alot (about 4 hours every day) and pump milk for him as he generally feed 2-3 hourly. Hes refusing a bottle still but will happily take it off a tiny spoon, takes ages but keeps him happy if he cant have his booby!... Hes generally feeding every 3 hours at night but will go up to 5 on a good night.. i dont mind as he wakes up, feeds then goes straight back to sleep whithin a max of 15 mins. Ive had very little sleep the last few days as i was at the hospital one night and last night i just couldnt sleep wprrying about my dads operation today.. thankfully evrything went well.

Alex is a lil monster, hes soo big :D.. But hes a realllllly happy and atm very giggly baby,, he finds the word bobby hysterical and loves to have his ribs nibbled lol :D

Tia sounds like she is putting on weight nicely. I hope Lucas likes swimming as much as her. I am going to take him on Thursday.

I hope things start looking up for you soon Beth. Sounds tough. At least you have Alex smiling and giggling at you.

Not doing too much today. Just going to catch up on some housework and go for a walk. Going to baby massage tomorrow and then swimming on Thursday. xx

Just stopped by to say Hi!

Hope you and babies are all well!

xxx

Hi everyone not been on PF much so just been reading through to catch up. Hope all you ladies and Los are well.

We think Ella is teething. She had been sleeping really well from about 7.30pm to 6.30am but stopped doing that and has been waking in the night once or twice again for food. She's slobbering lots, chewing on her fist, flushed cheeks and has a little cough. Been giving ber calpol and using dentinox gel and powders. Yesterday afternoon she really wasn't herself - screaming, proper tears and finding it difficult to open her eyes esp the right one which seemed swollen. Managed to get her to bed as usual at 7pm ish but she woke again at 9.30pm and 12.30am for food so thought it was going to be a long night! However she's been asleep ever since so fingers crossed she will feel rested when she wakes up. Her eye looked better when I fed her too so fx it was just puffiness from crying!

Thinking we might start on baby rice soon if she keeps waking and being genuinely hungry in the night.

Last edited:
Poor Ella, I hope she feels better soon. I've bought Jake an Amber teething anklet for when he starts teething after reading all the reviews on here. I hope it works!

Jake has been a bit of a handful over the past week or so but seems to be getting back to normal now. He is normally a very contented chap but had been crying a bit more than normal and not sleeping as well as usual. But the past few nights he's been back to just waking up once in the night and going straight back to sleep. Yesterday, we had no crying unless he was hungry or wanted cuddles which is normal for him!

Yesterday afternoon I dropped Jake off at OH's parents for the afternoon so I could clean the house. I finished the housework quite quickly and when I finished I was at a loss what to do! It was really odd not having him in the house!! I really missed him! But I think I'm going to make it a more regular occurance, just so I can keep on top of the housework and ironing. He was really good for his grandparents and didn't cry and gave them lots of smiles!

Roo grandparents always get the smiles! Lily is obsessed with my Nana, she gives me smiles first thing on a morning and then sparingly through the day but just beams at my Nana constantly. Feels great - not! Lol.

I've got Lily an amber teething anklet too - hope they work when the time comes. Lily drooling all the time and munching on her hands - know it's probably just normal and not teething yet, I've stuck it on her ankle anyway as it can't hurt.

She has also been a bit out of sorts lately - since last Friday she just started being really unhappy and pumping a lot - she was just crying randomly through the day so didn't like to take her anywhere and the weather hasn't helped. Feels like our little routine has been smashed up with all this shit weather but hopefully we'll get back to normal soon. She seems a little better over the past day or so.

Hope you get Ella sorted Jodie - how's her eye now?

We have now established a bath boob bed routine, but no matter what time I start it, she doesn't go to sleep until 11pm. Any tips on bringing it forward? We start bath around 9pm then I keep her in our bedroom and she feeds till she goes to sleep, but a couple of times I started earlier she just mucked about feeding on and off until she went to sleep at 11ish. We don't get up till about 11am so getting enough sleep - I thought maybe getting her up earlier might help but she might just sleep more in the day then. Can only try I suppose.

Roo - are you on Facebook btw?

Jake had a bad night last night. Had his feed at 9pm ad usual and was asleep by 9.30pm. He would normally sleep until 2 or 3 but woke up hungry at 12.30 and again at 5.30. Hopefully it's a one off or a growth spurt and he'll b back to normal soon.
He's dribbling and sucking on his fists too so I might try putting his anklet on him just incase he's teething already.
Yeah I'm on Facebook- add me! I'm Ruth Mackey and my profile pic is of jake sat in bed!

Roo, I hope it was just a one off. It might just be a growth spurt. I will have to add you on facebook. I am Stacey Bagley.

Can't Stop, I hope she starts settling earlier for you. Not too up on BF but is she just comfort feeding to get to sleep? Maybe thats why it takes he so long? Not sure though.

Lucas settled straight into his routine. At first we just started his bath at night whenever he woke up for the first couple of weeks. We then realised that 7pm was a good time to start it. He tends to have a bath at 7pm, have a massage and then has a bottle. He usually falls asleep on his bottle. For the past 2-3 weeks he has been sleeping from about 8ish till half 6ish. However last night he woke up for a feed at 3:30am. I hope it was a one off.

This past week his silent reflux has been really bad. Went to the docs yesterday and they have finally prescribed infant gaviscon . He is still really struggling with his bottle so far but I hope it starts working soon. He is so happy otherwise. Just screaming and in so much pain when feeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back