**** • May 2016 Mamas • ****

Aw Jen it sounds like a fucking nightmare!!!!!!

Some doctors will refuse to do that. I know mine won't give one unless it's past the first five days.

I'm
Having a hell of a time even getting an appointment to speak about my acid.

I have been offered days but I have nobody to look after my little boy between 3-7pm and the days are 8am-8pm
Anyway and working half days would mean working every day

Sick leave info as per government:
https://www.gov.uk/taking-sick-leave

I'm self employed and my mat leave is dependant on finding someone to cover me, but if I had a boss was asking for a note after one day, I'd be requesting a written request, and a reimbursement for the GP fee for obtaining one.

It is :-( I keep thinking if it was 6 months earlier, none of this would be a problem because it would be pretty easy to go out and get another job and I forget about it....but being pregnant makes that difficult lol xxx

It is :-( I keep thinking if it was 6 months earlier, none of this would be a problem because it would be pretty easy to go out and get another job and I forget about it....but being pregnant makes that difficult lol xxx
Me too jen! I looked for a job for months before I got pregnant, since I was about 3 months I've had loads of emails with interview requests!Grr xx

I'm planning on starting my leave mid April but will be having 2 weeks holiday first so leave won't officially start until a day before I'm due...I work 7:30-19:45 shifts, 3 one week then 4 another but reducing that to 3 a week in Feb because I'm so tired xx

Wow you are all staying in working really late. I'm really struggling with mine as suffering so bad with pgp and I'm a cleaner so lots of running around. I work mon-fri 7pm-11pm and sat 5:30am-9:30am so 24 hrs a week and I'm leaving my week day job at 29+4 weeks 14th Mar using all 4 weeks annual leave (runs jan-dec) and maternity starting at 33+4 weeks. I would stay longer but I hate it and it depresses me and I don't need to return to work this time as hubby is changing jobs to shift work so I wouldn't be able to anyway xx

Me too jen! I looked for a job for months before I got pregnant, since I was about 3 months I've had loads of emails with interview requests!Grr xx

Aaah that's typical!! Are you planning on going back to your current job after mat leave or are you still going to look for something else?
I'm trying to convince OH to get a better paid job so I don't have to go back to work haha. Xx

Aaah that's typical!! Are you planning on going back to your current job after mat leave or are you still going to look for something else?
I'm trying to convince OH to get a better paid job so I don't have to go back to work haha. Xx
I'm not off back to my current employer but may go back to work. My OH is starting his managers training this week do depending how he does he'll either get put forward in april or sept for trial manager positions. Ideally sept would be better as he'll have travel a fair a bit for a few months and wouldn't be ideal travelling April with me been due early May, BUT the extra money he'll get will be such a help when baby is born so will see if i need to go back. Are you off back? xx

Well that's all of the big stuff for baby put away...babies r us have got a sale on and most stuff is in it. Just got the tommee tippee steriliser for £30 and the bottles for £13.50!!

I went to babies r us at weekend...Was Sooo busy!! So many staff showing parents to be the different prams!

Can I ask tho...sterilisers I really want an electrical one, but my mum seems to think I'm wasting my money asking why can't I just use boiling water, but I feel that a steriliser is safer and keeps bottles sterile longer xx

Ive always had a steam steriliser plus you can wash the bottles, put them in steriliser and then click it on and they stay sterile in the steriliser for 24 hours, plus a cycle only takes a few minutes x

Last edited:
We had the big TT electrical steam one when Noah was a baby.
I binned it after i didnt need it any longer and wish i kept it.

This time we bought the dr beowns bottle set and it comes with a 4 bottle holder mircowave one. Which tbh i need the space and i think its only on for about 5mins and then if tr lids kept closed they stay sterilised. But withthe amount of bottles Noah went through ill be defo using them up in the 24hrs lol.

My friend had the cold water milton solution one, but to me smelt like a swimming pool!!! I didnt like it xx

Well I'm looking at getting an avent electrical steam steriliser as that's the bottles we've got too. Just wanted to check I wasn't "wasting my money" oh also do you think it's safe to get one 2nd hand? All bottles and teats will be shop bough but looking at steriliser that's 2nd hand xx

We kept all
Our stuff but I'm thinking I'll get some
More MAM bottles because they were really good!! You can sterilise them
Without a steriliser if you want to, too

We kept all
Our stuff but I'm thinking I'll get some
More MAM bottles because they were really good!! You can sterilise them
Without a steriliser if you want to, too

Yeah ive seen them actually! I was going to try this time and forgot lol!
Now i have all my dr browns ready!

Noah had such bad colic and reflux, he was alot better switching from TT to the Dr Bs..
I do want to try with bfing again, but if not i have these ready xx

I go on mat leave on 11th April but have 2 weeks school holiday beforehand, looking to go back start of Jan term 2017, but thinking might go back day before they break up for Xmas so I get paid for the Xmas hols - a bit cheeky but reckon I'll be doing some preparation over that holiday so paying me properly is perhaps only fair.

We had a steam steriliser last time which was great, and always kept some Milton tablets on standby for emergencies, I loved the smell!

On the bargain front, I saw one of the buggies I'd been looking at on the web outside our local Barnados today. Its not in pristine condition but a bit of cleaning and it will still be able to do everything I want it to. Its a petite star bubble, a reversible buggy that lies flat so suitable from birth, although I'm going to get a head hugger to make sure its snug for baby. Cost me £30. Bargain. Getting a separate car seat, don't need it to attach as I'm going to use the buggy or a baby carrier/sling. We can then get rid of our old travel system which ended up being so bulky we only really used the car seat. Feeling v pleased with myself.

Now on the look out for a new breast pump, found ours in the attic and it hadn't been wrapped very well so after 5 years of being up there, I've decided to get a new one.

Well I'm looking at getting an avent electrical steam steriliser as that's the bottles we've got too. Just wanted to check I wasn't "wasting my money" oh also do you think it's safe to get one 2nd hand? All bottles and teats will be shop bough but looking at steriliser that's 2nd hand xx

I had a second hand avent steriliser with 2 of my babies-just give it a good descale when you get it as I always found the element gives off a brown dusty scale if not descaled-you can buy the proper avent descaler online xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back