• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

X-x-X-x- August 2015 mummies -x-X-x-X

Hi ladies! I hope these August babies start playing ball soon and just let us sail through the next couple of months. I feel like I'm getting there now as the nursery is done, I've got my 4d scan on Sunday and I finish work in two weeks!! I absolutely cannot wait to finish! I feel like the physical and mental stress of it is starting to get to be and often feel guilty for putting baby through it! Anyone else finishing soon? What's everybody going to do to fill the time? X

I finish work on the 4th June so 7 shifts and counting. I will be so glad to get finished I plan on getting the house sorted and a few girlie lunches for good measure and sleep :whistle:

I'm already off, i was due to finish at the end of May but was signed off sick for 2 weeks and my boss has not only not given me shifts but has taken me off the rota entirely, without even consulting with me! I'm annoyed in principle but relieved that I don't have to go back for a looooong time if ever! I just need to sort out this mess of an intent to take maternity, my boss has twatted me about with sorting out the forms so I have no idea when I will start getting mat pay. Had to go directly to the lady in HR that sorts it just to get my form!

Oh no Kumber! You should give them a ring to get it sorted as I know it can take several weeks for them to work it out! I'm a manager myself and had to sort mine out but still waiting for the accounts dept to clarify it. I'm using 4 weeks annual leave first so hopefully it will be sorted then! In a way it's a bonus to get signed off early, your body obviously needs the rest so enjoy it!
What is it you do dolly? I can't remember! I was due to finish the 6th but bought it forward a week due to the other manager leaving so my work load doubled! X

I've sorted it with the lady who puts it through to payroll, she's going to send it to them first thing tomorrow morning so once I have confirmation from her then I can request my last load of holiday hours to be out through. It's a pain in the bum but I'm hoping it can be sorted easily. My experience of head office has generally been ok, fx it continues to be so!

Fx for you! I've just been reading up on where I'm giving birth. All going well I'm going to the birthing centre at the rosie in addenbrookes. It looks more like a hotel than a hospital! Double bed, mood lighting, music systems... I might check myself in now!! X

Ohhhhh that sounds amazing! Where do I sign up?!

It's worth moving to Cambridge for!! X

I was meant to finish early June, but I work for a certain supermarket and where told we are shutting forever on the 27th June. I'm absolute gutted so since we all opened together 6 years ago when the shop was an empty shell, I will be staying to close it to the bitter end, obviously by choice I'm not being made to stay.

So when I finish my maternity next year, do I take my redundancy or get transferred else where :( I have until next May to figure this out :) cx

Oh xjdx, that's sad that it's being closed! I guess you'll have to weigh up the amount if reduncy pay against the extra travel to another place. It's nice that you'll be there till the end though x

I work as a nursing auxiliary in one of the local hospitals in trauma and it's tough going so I am taking 7 weeks holidays and starting my mat leave at 37 weeks :)

I'm so jealous that you're all finishing soon. I finished as early as I could when I was pregnant with my lb as I knew I wouldn't be going back because I'd got my place at uni. This time round I'm going to try and work right up to 37 weeks so I'll not be finishing until the 3rd week in July!

Ml600 that sounds fab! We've a choice of 2 hospitals and that's the height of it lol! Xx

Afternoon ladies, we've got our 28 week appt this afternoon. Really hoping she measures me this week!

Last edited:
Ahhh it's great seeing more and more of us in here :D

Yay for antenatal class, did it make it seem more real at all? I never went to them with my ds so I'm always curious about other experiences.

Yea, it was nice just to sit and think about baby and labour for two hours, def feels real and more exciting now!

Very envious of the ladies finishing early! I'm working until 38 weeks and taking two weeks hol before baby is due. Would like to leave earlier but feel the time will be better spent with our son after he is born. I'd love a rest before though! I'll have lots of hol to take next year when I go back too, just in case he is I'll/ I'm suffering with lack of sleep!

I've just been informed I'm being induced mid July so I'm technically not even an August mummy now :( xx

Course you're still an August mummy. You ain't getting rid of us that easily!

Lulu why are they inducing you in July Hun?? Your still an August mummy!! Don't worry :)
Kumber how did your appointment go today?? Did they measure you? I never got measured at my 25 week appointment.

Anyway yay I'm in tri 3 from tomorrow!!! :D xxxx

Yep, she measured me! I'm measuring midway between the 50th and 95th centile for fundal height do I'm happy. Similar bump size to ds so likely a similar sized baby. I don't think they measure until 28 weeks. Everything else is all good with the aquishy one!

I had my 28 week appointment today too, everything seems to be going well. I was measured at my 24 week and 28 week appointments. My baby was just below the 50th centile both times so seems to be following a nice curve for now. Next appointment in 3 weeks when I will be 31 weeks and will only have single figure weeks to go ahh, it's all going a bit fast now. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back