X-x-X-x- August 2015 mummies -x-X-x-X

Not managed to Be on much this week, between the kids and school holidays and then our midwife visits , hospital appointments and had to take Harley the doctors today he has an infection so has antibiotics. Poor thing.
Hoping things get moving for you two remaining ladies :) I had no signs after my sweep with my first , other than some stomach ache that night , and then contractions kicked in the following morning. Good luck!

can't believe this month is nearly over and we all (almost) have our babies. It's flown too fast! Does anyone miss being pregnant now? I think I do, im feeling really mixed about it.

I think us August mummies had it rough to be honest. Was a lot of traumatic births and inductions. I have loved being a part of this group and want to say a massive thankyou to you all :) xx

Last edited:
Hello Lovelies :)
I hope you will have some promising signs soon Rainbow. I had my sweep this morning, only one finger in so could've been better but almost fully engaged. I had a lot of blood when I got home so I am very hopeful. I already warned DH that we will DTD today.
One good thing is we put down a solid plan with MW for next steps as this is a VBAC.
Have your fingers crossed please! Xxxx

That sounds good Kat, I'm also gonna grab DH in the hope that might kick start things. Ive had on and off back pains since last night although not regular and ive lost loads of plug today (not nice! lol), I hadnt lost any at all before the sweep so hoping things are moving in the right direction. Glad uve got your vbac plan sorted, we just need to get labour going now! X

Best of luck to both of you girls, we need to see your babies soon!

Hello Ladies, wishing you both to go into labour tonight after what sounds like two lovely productive sweeps!

Katr - yayy for sorting the vbac , really hoping for you that you get that birth you wish for xx

Rainbow- sounding promising there, maybee things are starting up x

Can't wait for us all to have our babies and be jn the baby and toddler august mums group together xx

Sugar sorry little Harley has an infection, hope those antibiotics kick in soon xx

Can't believe my little man Griffin is already 3 weeks old in 45 mins time at 8:55 pm, I can't imagine life without him now.

Sugar your so right, this august mums group has kept me going and ive met all you lovely ladies along the way xx

Last edited:
Good luck ladies ! If things haven't started already I hope the full moon helps you tonight!

Lots of love will be checking in!

JJ I can't believe your little one is already 3 weeks! How time flys x. X

No luck so far! Had lots of plug coming away again today but I think that's just cos of the sweep :( x

Thank you all for the thoughtful posts. I am sorry Rainbow that you are still waiting. I'm also hopelessly waiting for the miracle. I think I lost my plug last night after we DTD with DH but nothing else...
We can do this Rainbow. Xx

It's a full moon tonight, crossing everything it does something for you both!

Everything crossed the full moon helps you ladies out this weekend ! xxx

Hope hou mummies are all doing well!

Evie is a dream!! Such an easy baby!

Glad to hear baby is nice and well behaved MummyBexee, must make things a bit easier with having a toddler to contend with too :)

Hope something starts for you soon Rainbow and Kat, I am sure it won't be too much longer now :) xxx

Does anyone have any tips. Matthieu has started waking up and taking just over 30mls then faling asleep for about 2 1/2 to 3hrs then same again. Sometimes he takes more but quite alot its been just over 30mls then sleep. Will this sort itself out or do you have any tips as its getting rather tiring lol x

How old is he now Natalie? Even when my daughter moved up to 4 or 5 oz she was still feeding every 3 hours for quite a few weeks but the good news is that by 7 weeks she was sleeping 6 hours at night from 10pm -4am ish which really helped! x

Hi ladies,
Checking in a bit late, I'm really sorry! :( The time has absolutely flown by since Tuesday, though it's felt like I've done barely anything.
Life is beginning to settle down, Loki is breastfeeding well after a bumpy start but he is just about the love of my life. So chilled and content like his daddy was. I still need to write up a birth story! I shall try and get round to that.
KatR and Rainbow, I hope you are both keeping well. You're babies are so close now! How have the first days of maternity leave been, KatR?

Last edited:
Thank you, still no progress. I'm getting really impatient, I feel like I'm just on the countdown to getting induced now as ive to go to hospital next Sunday at 8am, I'm desperate for it to happen naturally. Went a long walk yesterday, DTD this morning, now bouncing on my ball hoping to get things going...come on baby!!! Hope you're making progress KatR x

Hope all you other August mums are enjoying your babies x

Last edited:
Loulabelle my mat leave is agony, I left it so late because I wanted to spend it with baby and instead I am just playing this stupid waiting game... Thank you for asking though. :)
Rainbow, keep up the good work, I hope your results are not far. I can't see myself having this baby before September now so he will be the oldest in his class.
August mummies, you are all doing so well.

I finally figured out how to post links!
Here is Loki when he was almost a day old :)

Fingers crossed for you KatR and Rainbow. At least plug loss when over due is a good sign that baby will be soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back