** September 2014 Mama's! **

Ella has been similar either wanting far more than I've got and therefore we've made more or not having all of it, I agree with Becky it's probably a growth spurt

Ella refused to go back in her basket last night but slept soundly from 4 to 9 on OHs side of the bed( he was in the spare room)

She's now asleep in between us on the bed while Im On my iPad and Ph on his laptop

Nic, a friend told me she used to put a hot water bottle in her little ones Moses basket to encourage him to settle there obv took it out when baby was put in so it was warm and cosy for him because they're normally quite cold

Congratulations to all you new mummies!!

Sending lots of good luck to Eden and mummy.

I'm only 2 days over today and plan on doing lots of walking (down the supermarket aisles, haha) today.

I ironed all of Baby's first sizes clothes yesterday and I have to admit I changed his Coming Home outfit more times than is healthy. Plus I realised my own outfit is quite impractical for breastfeeding. So here's to hoping I won't change too many things in my hospital bag (which is really a small suitcase) when I open it up again today.

As pleased as I am that I get to spend a few more days stroking my bump, I must admit I'm slightly jealous of you all as you'll be spending today getting plenty of cuddles from your beautiful babies.

Mrs cee - hope things start happening for you. Enjoy your bump - I never said goodbye to mine (as silly as thay sounds and felt lost without it for a while).

Alfie only had one night feed last night. Instead of feeding at 10pm, 1am, 3am and 7am he fed at 10pm, woke up at 2.30am and then not until 6am. Not sure if this is a one off but lovely to get more that an hour and a half of sleep at a time.

Hello everyone.
A little update on my precious Eden !
Day 3 now with no food ; really is the hardest thing to go against all mothering instinct and not feed your child when he crys. He's getting weaker and just seems to sleep all the time
They are hoping to do operation today or tomorrow morning depending on his latest blood results.
I just want it all over and to be home with Eden drinking his milk again.
I feel his wee personality is all gone and just want to see him smile instead of cry.
Anyway fingers crossed we get the osurhery sooner rather than later

interesting.. think i need to try harder at keeping him awake to feed, but he just kept fighting me last night, didn't want more. and when you're struggling to keep your eyes open it's pretty easy to give up! will try the hot water bottle thing too. ewan settled him a couple of times though was nice to see!

poor hubby, i feel so guilty. i was crying my eyes out so he cancelled his haircut and going to the football match today, because i was so upset :(

really hope all is sorted soon for you, julie, must be so difficult.
x

Congratulations Ash, so pleased your little man is finally here safe and well :)
Congratulations to you too Hopeful!

Oh Julie bless you, this must be so tough for you. .Really hope they can operate soon so that Eden can start feeding again and start to get better..x

Ah Nic what you are saying sounds completely normal for a newborn..its so bloody hard in the beginning and of course you'll get upset because your hormones are all over the place! Midwife told me that it will be like this for probably a good 6 weeks, sometimes they'll feed loads and other times they won't. .I think its a case of riding these first few weeks out then things should start to improve..
we have the problem with the moses basket too, she seems to hate it!

Vicky that sling looks fab! We've got the ergobaby carrier but its such a faff getting it on and off at the moment as you have to have a special newborn insert and it takes two of us to do it! May have to order that one for early days around the house, it looks much easier!

Hope everyone else is ok! X

Nds - oscar is the same, sleeps all day fine in his Moses basket but at night wil only sleep on us! I'm going to ensure the room temp and lighting is the same as downstairs see if that helps. As for feeding his intake changes all the time depending on any growth spurts, sometimes he has about 350 mls all day then other days he's over 500 and just can't get it in him quick enough!

Julie - really hope they sort poor little Eden out quickly. I just can't imagine how your feeling but stay strong you're doing brilliantly! He wil soon get his mojo back don't worry xxx

well i'm feeling much better.. hubby let me lie in, and has had samuel all day, had a lovely hot shower, dyed my hair, and now enjoying a takeaway pizza and a small malibu. hubby was fine with not going to football, but i do feel rather selfish for him cancelling his plans, although i didn't ask him to, he was just kind enough to do it. bless him.

tried both the hot water bottle and ewan together and it seems to work for a while!

6 weeks, wah. i am sure it will get easier.. that's my second wobble but i didn't expect it to be easy!
x

d4243b2692471538ed75589b54abb955.jpg

current :dance:
look at his skinny legs haha!
x

Awww gorgeous! Aren't we all relieved that our babies are so beautiful! Ha

Love his vest NDS! He's so cute!!

Olivia's been busy being spoilt again today...new playmat which she is absolutely obsessed with, hates it then looks round and something catches her eye on it! Take
Her off it and she cried!!!!
And she also got a playnest ring! Haven't tried her in it as she's a little too small I think.
73c51a4a16558a0388f5486bae626cf4.jpg

12dfe08b5dc48f2ac83dd5048073ada4.jpg

Nds glad to hear your feeling a bit better. Hormones have a lot to answer for and Blake is the same but it's more during the day then will cluster feed then sleep for exactly 4hrs at night before a feed which I'm thankful for as I would be a mess if he was up every hour for a feed at night so I can understand your frustration hun. ..

Thinking of little Eden. That must be so difficult to watch, my heart goes out to you sweetie and just hope they can do the operation so can start the journey to full recovery, in my thoughts hun.

Still feeling like poop myself. I took a walk to see how far I could get as I have to do the nursery run on Monday morning seeing as OH back to work and i still can't drive, but I struggled and I didn't even go far and that was with the pram, I plan to use my sling for Blake and the bugger for K until she's a bit more confident at walking distances and more so if she has a wobbler while walking I can't pick her up and carry her so it's safer I use the sling and buggy. I'm absolutely dreading him going back to work. More so cos I will miss him (soppy shite that I am). He's my best friend and having him off these past 3 weeks (1 week before paternity started as Blake was born the Thursday then 2 week paternity started following monday). He's helped so much with my recovery and the kids and taking DD to nursery etc so him going to work on Monday is gonna hit like a double decker bus but also will miss him, doesn't help that I still feel poop with this sore throat and ears :(.

Hope everyone's had a nice weekend so far. We went to the in laws for the day (sat) and today (sun) my DD'S new big bed arrives, she's been in a toddler bed so now moving into single bed so im excited to get her room all sorted and her new bedsheets put on etc the just a general clean up/housework day, obviously light chores for me.
Lots of love x

Julie - you poor thing. Cannot even begin to imagine how hard it is for you watching Eden like that. I really hope he gets sorted out sooner rather than later xxx

Nic - have you been persevering with the dummy? Sometimes Henry will start fussing for his milk 30mins or so too early (he feeds every 3/4 hours ), so I use the dummy to put him off a bit longer. If I gave him the bottle straight away he wouldn't take it all so I'd rather hang it out a hit if I can. Otherwise I don't know what to suggest hun :-/ (and 6 weeks will soon fly by!!)

Amy - very cute pics! Love the mat.

Ema - I know what you mean about hubby going back to work. I'm dreading it too! We've still got 1 more week thankfully but he's so good with DD, I think she'll actually miss him most!

We had a few more visitors yesterday, then hubby cut the grass and he & DD played in the garden for a bit, giving me an hour on the sofa while Henry slept. Today my sister, her bf and my mum are over for lunch, then a friend of hubby is visiting after.

Actually feeling a bit refreshed seeing as Henry had a feed at 10.30, and we're only just finished his next feed now which he woke for at 5.30... growth spurt making him tires maybe?!

thanks girls.
yes rach we are trying the dummy, i've just done it now in fact.. lucky you on 3/4 hr feeds!
x

love that mat amy, that vest is so cute!

ema, hope you feel better soon, take it easy still though! i'm gutted my OH is back to work tomorrow and i don't have any other children.
x

My oh went back to work today. Was very lucky to have 6 weeks off. I've got to used to him being here I'm scared now lol xxx

6 weeks wow!
i know - i didn't want to be left alone the other day for literally two or three hours, now i'm gonna have days alone.. eek
x

Yeah the army gave him compassionate leave where I was so poorly after cos he needed to look after Oliver. It is scary lol. I'm noticing it already. Oliver has a bit of an upset tummy and is unsettled I need a pee so trying to get him to sleep so I can go without upsetting him to much. I've just put him in his pram he likes that. You don't realise how different it is once they go xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back