** September 2014 Mama's! **

Hello Ladies,

Sorry for the absence, I've been in hospital, only got out on Friday.

Basically, 4 weeks after I had Zachary I was literally gushing blood and stuff. I went to the hospital, had a scan and was told there was membranes left inside from when he was born and that I had to take some antibiotics to prevent infection and that over the next week the membranes would leave. So, I took the weeks worth of antbiotics, continues to gush blood but assumed that was normal.

Anyhow, last Wednesday night I gushed blood again all over the bathroom and it was horrendous. So, on Thursday morning I took myself off to A&E, eventually I was referred to gynaecologist who scanned me again and found I still had just as much membrane left in me as I did at the previous scan, hence I was gushing blood. (This happened anytime, anywhere by the way!!).

Therefore, as I was 6 weeks post birth, it was decided I'd have an emergency D&C/ERPC (?). They kept me in and wouldn't let me home, so OH had to have off work to look after Zach. After a few false alarms, I had the operation Friday morning and was allowed home Friday night. Still bleeding now, which I'm SOOOO fed up of, but have been assured after a week tops it'll fade away!

I didn't really feel that poorly due to the membranes but now I've had the operation I really do feel like my pre - baby self, plus I've lost nearly 3lbs following the operation.

So pleased to be home with my boys. Zachary is an absolute joy, has his 6 week check up tomorrow and I've packed away some clothes that don't fit now - time is going so fast.

Alipops x

Ooo alipops sounds awful! Glad you're on the mend!

First night alone with bubs tonight, hubby off back to work! Mum moving in for the week tomorrow!

Gosh alipops, sounds rather nasty, glad you have been seen to though and are hopefully we'll on the way to recovery. X

Made it out the house today! Took a little stroll around the village. It was great to get some fresh air, even had a cheeky half in the pub!

image.jpg

Oh Alipops sounds like a bit of an ordeal - glad you are all sorted now and hopefully the bleeding will settle soon.

Cannot believe being without DH at the moment - glad I have him at home for another two weeks :) Hope your first night goes well mackmummy and lilmiss x

Well, first night was awful! Oscar didn't sleep at all! Thankfully mum came over today and I got an hours sleep earlier! Surprised myself today with how much I got done, I was very organised. Two lots of sterilisation done, washing sorted, dishwasher on, baby changed (several times) tummy time, lots of cuddles, breast milk expressed and had visitors, I have been in pyjamas all day though and forgot to brush my teeth (done it now!) I miss my hubby so much though! And not just because he does everything! Would just love one of his snuggles!

Mackmummy it must be so difficult adjusting to nights on your own, could not doing much without DH around! How are you doing after your section? I am feeling a bit less pained though scar really uncomfortable and cannot be on my feet for too long.

Not sure if you know that there is also a sept mummies thread in the babies and toddler section, it seems to be a bit more active than here x

Last edited:
Hey ladies - sorry Iv not been on much need to catch up! Wrote abit about my new arrival in birth and announcements :)

Hope your all well and babies are settling in! And I hope everyone is as tired as me?! Lol xxx

Hey ladies - sorry Iv not been on much need to catch up! Wrote abit about my new arrival in birth and announcements :)

Hope your all well and babies are settling in! And I hope everyone is as tired as me?! Lol xxx

Hi ladies,

I'm officially having an October baby now. He's definitely making the most of my uterus' hospitality :) Good luck to anyone else who's still waiting...although I'm sure its just me.

Hi ladies,

I'm officially having an October baby now. He's definitely making the most of my uterus' hospitality :) Good luck to anyone else who's still waiting...although I'm sure its just me.

good luck mrscee - you've made a home that's too comfy! he doesn't want to leave :lol:
x

Well ladies Ive had no Internet for over a week now but am very happy to let you all know I had a baby girl, Charlotte Rose on 23rd September at 07.39 by emergency ceasarean after I failed to progress with induction. She was a whole 2 weeks late.

The shocking news is that she was 11lb4 and 65cm long. I was 2 stone lighter after it all! They reckon I had gestational diabetes develop in the last few weeks as had no bloods done in the last 4 weeks. But she is healthy and happy, has got so much hair and appetite that I am struggling to keep up with!

will try and add a pic if I can shrink it for forum.. Hope thee arent too many mamas left now to go?! Xx

Congratulations Ali13! What a beautiful name too :)

Thank you, Nic!

Congrats Ali and hope you aren't kept waiting too much longer mrscee! Xxx

Wonderful news congratulations Ali - lovely name and glad you are both doing well! C

Congrats Ali! And wowzers on her size, good cooking!

Hopefully not too much longer for you MrsCee x

congratulations ali.
lovely name, good cooking indeed!
x

Mackmummy it must be so difficult adjusting to nights on your own, could not doing much without DH around! How are you doing after your section? I am feeling a bit less pained though scar really uncomfortable and cannot be on my feet for too long.

Not sure if you know that there is also a sept mummies thread in the babies and toddler section, it seems to be a bit more active than here x

Hi kathy, I won't lie, it's hard and scary without hubby here but when I'm not thinking about it I just get stuff done! Nights are difficult though, especially as he just won't sleep in a cot at night! Determined to get him into the swing of it though! I do go into the September babies and toddler section but I think I'm just sad to leave tri 3!!

I feel ok but still a bit tender, I can pretty much do everything but just a little more carefully. I just find it knocks my confidence a bit and I worry I can't do some thing for oscar if I'm on my own. God knows how I would have survived if chris wasn't here the first couple of weeks! He's off again soon thank god! To say I'm missing him is a huge understatement!

Have you had your scar checked out? I don't ever remember it feeling too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back