New Year, New You! [The Big Weightloss Thread]

Toothache is the worst :( When are you due for 1st treatment?

Thursday...thinking about it, as I can't eat much, maybe I WILL lose weight this week :rofl:

Oh I'm in pain...been laughing so hard at something that I was crying with laughter AND pain which made me laugh even more. I'm in fits :rofl: and have to stop thinking about it. You know when something just tickles you and it sets you off? Unreal...

I'm ok :) Not moaning - I should have bloomin' gone to the dentist ages ago but it is the only thing in the world that truly embarrasses/scares me. Stupid eh?

Had a nice healthy salad and falafel pitta bread for breakfast (throat was anaesthetised from throat tablets :lol:) but could murder a kilo of ice cream...:rofl:

I used to be afraid of the dentist and then I got the one I have now and she's lovely :) I actually look forward to going now and all we do is laugh on the chair :rofl: Plus she's really good and we've built a good bond and I trust her so it all helps in a dentist :)

I have a phobia of the dentist. I'm on a very long waiting list for one, but haven't been in 9 years now :oops:

Well I hurt from yesterday, my trainer gave me hell :lol: 30mins on the bike then an hour of weights, most of which was working my arms.

Today I'll be doing cycling and swimming to give my muscles a rest.

Food today will be....

Breakfast: wheat and nut bread with low fat humous
Lunch: tofu and vegetables
Dinner: veggie sausages and sweet potato mash

snacks: apple, banana
drinks: 2 cups green tea, 5 glasses water

i had a total phobia of dentist too till i got a nice one... :D when i had toothache tho doc said anadin extra would help as much as poss. she explained to me that the only real painkiller for toothache was ibuprofen. 32p for a 16 pack in tesco - bargain!! xx

I have a phobia of the dentist. I'm on a very long waiting list for one, but haven't been in 9 years now :oops:

Well I hurt from yesterday, my trainer gave me hell :lol: 30mins on the bike then an hour of weights, most of which was working my arms.

Today I'll be doing cycling and swimming to give my muscles a rest.

Food today will be....

Breakfast: wheat and nut bread with low fat humous
Lunch: tofu and vegetables
Dinner: veggie sausages and sweet potato mash

snacks: apple, banana
drinks: 2 cups green tea, 5 glasses water

All that exercise is wearing me out :lol: You have such energy, will you lend me some? :rofl:

Well done you :hug:

im here now.. just wanted to get london over and done with

i have 2stone 4lb to loose!

does drinking water help you lose weight? lol stupid question of the day!!

i cant drink plain water it makes me :sick: drank a glass yesterday morning and spent about half an hour trying to keep it down lol

tonks i'm breaking out in a sweat just thinking about all that exercise you've been doin! i've jarred my knee somehow, it bloody hurts! did loads of exercise earlier, was knackered after!

Yes, it does.

By drinking about 6 glasses of water a day, you will flush out toxins. If you don't drink enough, then your body will become dehydrated meaning that fat cells will be harder to break down. Your brain can also confuse the signals of hunger and thirst, so you should drink water before or during eating. Drinking water 30mins before you eat will make you want to eat less. The clearing out of toxins also mean that your skin will become clearer and keeps your skin hydrated, enhances your appearance and boosts your energy levels.

TP - hope your tooth ache feels better, lots of luck thursday :hug:

sounds like your doing great nic :yay:
mamafy - loving the low fat snack! mm jelly!
nice to have you back tezzy :wave:

mine is a savoury one - i make ww's chip's - wash a potato or two well, cut into chunky chips, spray with a little spray oil and bake in the oven - add salt to taste and i like them with a cottage cheese mixed with chilli for an extra bite!

i'm happy with my progress yesterday and today! i've not been eating all my points, but have done today, so tomorrow i'm going to try this ww 'fast track' where you have 18points, and it's spread well, rather than saving them for your evening meal, i really want a good loss this week :wall2:

went swimming too today :yay:
tomorrow we're off shopping, so my fav exercise, apart from the other ;)

hope we're all good tonight :D

well tescos have just been with my shopping :D dunno quite what im gonna eat yet, i just bought a bunch of healthy stuff. i put on loads of weight through this shit with colin and eating at the hotel.. about 6lb in the past two weeks.. i feel like crap!

will be buying a rowing machine 2moro, rejoining the gym (again!) and will be doing my davina mcall dvd lol

oh yes and going to slimming world 2moro night tooo!

Sounds good tezzy, good luck!

I'm about to go out for a 5 mile walk with Nim.

Carly, those chips sound yummy! Might have to try that one :)

I over ate last night. I felt horrible afterwards, and today. Was a bit stupid of me! It was my friend's birthday, so as his wife is deployed in afghan we had him round for dinner and I baked an enormous cake. I resisted though and didn't have a slice! I may have licked the bowl though :oops: :lol:

excellent tezzy, sounds like a good start hon!

nic - what a good walk :yay: i think me and maddi need to follow your motivation and start walking!
had another good day yesterday and planning on one today, just done my dvd and off swimming later on, i'm trying to save some points as it's james b-day next week and we're having some naughty food!

Aw I hope James has a lovely Birthday :) Good idea about saving up the points. It's always good to have a bit of an indulgence day!

How's everyone getting on today?

I have a session with my trainer today. Seems like two minutes since the last one :rofl:

I'm not sure whether to weigh in today, or Sunday as I'm away this weekend with the TA. I weighed myself today, so know my loss but don't know if I should wait until Sunday :lol:

carly it sounds like you're doing so well!! and saving your points is a great idea, like nic said its nice to have an indulgent day!

i'd wait til sunday to weigh nic ;) a couple of days exercise witht he TA will do wonders :lol:

i weighd myself thism orning, couldnt help myself! tbh i think i'm gona stop going off what i weigh and start looking more at the inch-loss. its getting me down seeing the scales go down so slowly and the inches seem to be falling off quicker! probs cos i've been working out muscles i didnt know i had iykwim?

i had a bad eating day yesterday, it always seems to be wednesdays for me, think it's cos my mum tends to do sausage egg and chips :oops: although i did drive past a few maccy d's-es and resisted them, which is a huge thing for me!!

been good today, had 1/2 slice of toast for breakfast, then a coupl eof those sweet ryvita things which are well yummy and just had a bowl of WW soup! still hungry now mind!!

hey girls,

SW was a nightmare lastnight.. i was right and had put on 6.5lb *sigh* oh well... back 'on plan' this week so im hoping for some miraculas weight loss.

just been to buy tonnes of fresh veggies to make a veg soup then ill batch it up to freeze, just had some home made egg fried rice for lunch (free) and i had oats & more this morning (5.5 syns 28g) with my healthy option A - semi skimmed milk.

Last edited:
Aw tezzy, don't be too hard on yourself :) You went on a great holiday, and you deserved to kick back a little! Today is a new day, and you can lose that weight in no time.

carly it sounds like you're doing so well!! and saving your points is a great idea, like nic said its nice to have an indulgent day!

i'd wait til sunday to weigh nic ;) a couple of days exercise witht he TA will do wonders :lol:

i weighd myself thism orning, couldnt help myself! tbh i think i'm gona stop going off what i weigh and start looking more at the inch-loss. its getting me down seeing the scales go down so slowly and the inches seem to be falling off quicker! probs cos i've been working out muscles i didnt know i had iykwim?

i had a bad eating day yesterday, it always seems to be wednesdays for me, think it's cos my mum tends to do sausage egg and chips :oops: although i did drive past a few maccy d's-es and resisted them, which is a huge thing for me!!

been good today, had 1/2 slice of toast for breakfast, then a coupl eof those sweet ryvita things which are well yummy and just had a bowl of WW soup! still hungry now mind!!

Good thinking batman :lol: I'll probably lose a couple pounds just from the weekend! We're out in the field too.

Don't be too disheartened by the scales. As long as you are losing 1-2lbs a week then you are doing great. Its a healthy amount to lose. Going by inches is a great idea though, you'll see the difference quicker :)

Good job on resisting McDonalds! I used to have a big problem resisting junk, but now after awhile eating healthy I don't crave it and don't feel great if I eat it.

my day today will be...

Breakfast: pineapple and banana

Lunch: corn chowder soup

snack:wheat and nut flatbread with low fat humous

exercise: personal training session, so not sure yet

snack: post workout protein shake

Dinner: spaghetti & meatball

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics