June,July August babies 2016

One of my dearest friends is 43 and about to start TTC baby 2. We really do have a lot of time!its good to think ahead and about what you want but 40 isn't this scary infertility/risky milestone like it's hyped up to be. Keep yourself in good shape and you can have kids for a long time!

Phoenix where do you want to move?

I will say the one upside to our horrendous maternity leave here is that it makes it easier to make the decision to just stay home entirely... I am so glad I can, I can't imagine leaving my babies even at 2, 3, 4 years old!

In the short term, somewhere near where I am now but a bigger house as we are struggling for space in this one.
Ideally I'd like to move to Greece lol! I'm thinking when my kids are older teens we could move & I could work evenings/nights while they babysat Phoenix lol. Then just have to work out getting the pets there too lol.
That's the dream anyway lol.

Last edited:
How is everyone? I can't believe indias gonna be 12 weeks on Friday! She's such a delight, so happy and smiley all the time. She's trying so hard to giggle atm, its so cute. What's everyone buying for Christmas? So far I've bought a few pram toys, rattles and touchy feely books but not sure what else to get tbh, thinking of buying some clothes and probably putting money in her bank as there's not much I can find to buy, plus I still have all of harpers old toys left.

My beautiful smiley lady xx

IMG-20161023-WA0008.jpg

Last edited:
So far Summer has 1 toy and a x mas outfit. To be honest that's all we are doing. We will put money in her bank account she is 19 weeks but still she will have no idea what Christmas is and won't be able to really unwrap something.
Summer is starting to roll over shr us so beautiful x

I've bought Phoenix some "that's not my..." books, and a soft doll, that's it.= so far. Probably not going to buy anything else for her for Christmas.

I'm knitting like an old woman on speed. Doing a teddy bear sleeping bag for her at the moment, which I can hopefully wrap for Christmas! Also doing bears for her, plus her cousins and a friend's daughter and their new baby expected in 2 weeks. Doing it frantically as so far I've done 2 bears and they look like they belong in horror films lol

India's looking adorable by the way fcroxy! What a cute smile!

I wish I could knit yorkslass. I use to as a kid with my nan but cant remember how to now. I may attempt crocheting tho, I bought a beginners book and some wool, just waiting for the crochet hooks to come through the post to give it a go. Xx

I hadn't knitted since teens and had forgotten a lot really, but every time I hit a stitch I couldn't remember I found it on youtube lol - can learn so many random things on there! :)

Hello lovelies!! God I haven't had 5 minutes to even look at my laptop in the last few weeks so I feel like I am well out of the loop on here! George turned 11 weeks yesterday - how is it that our pregnancies all feel like they dragged and now the babies are here the time literally disappears with the blink of an eye?!

George is lovely, he still cries a lot but hes a little sweetie and gives us big smiles! He is combination fed and it works really well for us, he is a pickle to feed sometimes even on the bottle so I decided it was best to combination feed as its a bit embarrassing being out and about with him screaming at my nipple which was happening a lot!

Kholl the US is a bitch for work isn't it, I really can't believe that they expect you to go back so soon and don't have maternity leave there its horrible! saying that, I went back when George was 3 weeks old but I am only doing one day a week.

I also don't really know what to get George for xmas, I am thinking of getting all the weaning stuff like bowls and spoons etc then I can just give him those as he will be 6 months old in Feb so I can wean then! Otherwise there's not a lot of point in xmas pressies for him but of course I have Sofia and Santa comes to her so she might think its as bit suspicious if santa doesn't come to George too!

I have really missed the forum :( I hope I can come back on here more ... we are supposed to be moving house this week or next week and of course that is gonna be mental but I want to be able to come on here more and keep up! xx

Good to hear from you flexilexi! Glad George is doing well :) Hope the house move goes ok.
Weaning stuff is a good idea for Christmas - my Rowan'll be 6 months by then! Hopefully she can try a bit of a baby version of Christmas dinner heheh
She's tried a spoon recently - I've been making breastmilk slushies for her to eat to soothe her gums ;-)

Last edited:
Wow Yorkslass it seems like yesterday we were watching your labour story with great anticipation! I can't believe how fast the time disappears when they arrive.

I am having trouble with feeding George, was just gonna write a thread in the ask a mum section because I am at a loss as to what to do! Oh and today I noticed him scratching at his chest and he has a massive rash across his chest! God knows what it is, doctors for us tomorrow lol xx

Hi ladies I'm went on a weening course the other day organised by hv. Was very good and taught me alot. At 6m you don't need to puree anything and they can have toast and pasta, I had no idea. Crazy to think our little one will be 6 months already at x mas. X

I didn't know that Blueclass that is well worth knowing! My question is, they turn 6 months then what? Do you just whack a bit of toast on their high chair and hope for the best lol? Or do you still just do porridge etc. I never understood how to do baby led weaning to be honest xx

They can have normal porridge and toast with low salt butter. Again with porridge just get the one with the least salt content. Yes just cut it in to finger shapes and let them play with it and all that. They also said their main food is still milk so it's just for fun really. I'm going to do abit of baby led and its on a spoon. X

Actually there's a great book you can download which they told us about. Il find it on my lap top and give the details x

It's to large to put up here it called first steps nutrition trust. Free to download or paper back is £15x

Did you find out what the rash was flexilexi?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back