June,July August babies 2016

Congrats Kholl!!

Thank you Ab11 :)

Last edited:
well just tried a sleeping bag on him but it's a no go for now so sticking to blankets.
what are you guys using? xx

We co sleep so the duvet, but she either wears a babygrow or just a long sleeved vest so I can keep the duvet low, only to her tummy.

Were using blankets atm as India still looks slightly too small for the grobag but will defo be using them when they fit properly. But like phoenix we co sleep half the night (I have a toddler who gets in my bed most nights too so easier to keep India quieter in bed when she wakes for her bottle) so the duvet just up over her legs. X

Hi all!

I haven't been on this site for nearly 2 months! Have been so busy with guests and baby Josiah; now that all the guests have left and the older 2 are back at School it seems like reality is back! I once again have to cook and clean (the guests were doing this).

Josiah will be 9weeks old in 2days, he was born on 9July 2016, I am exclusively breastfeeding, he is a happy baby who loves to play games! He also replies to our chit chat with baby talk! Such an amazing child! He was circumcised at 5weeks old and that's all heeled, he was immunised this week, he had a fever that whole day but he handled it well (I also gave him paracetamol) ...

I have completed his passport application and need to send it off today as we will travel next month.

All in all, I am loving Motherhood again and really enjoying my maternity leave, I am already nervous about going back to work (although I can work from home everyday if I wanted to) , I just can't bear to be away from Siah.

Anyway, I hope everyone else is fine and enjoying their babies X

Welcome back, Purple :)

Where are you traveling to? (Sorry if that's too nosey lol)

I sent Phoenix's passport off a couple of weeks ago and got it back on Tuesday, think it only took about 12-14 days to come back and that was with it arriving at the passport office before the bank holiday.

I was planning a short break (5 days) at the end of this month staying with a friend in Greece, but now I have the passport back and it's time to book the ticket I'm chickening out lol. I really want to go but I feel guilty for spending the money on me & also leaving the older kids with their dad (even though he's fine with it). Also need to double check my mum is still ok with pet sitting and having the kids when their dad is at work etc before I go & buy the plane ticket.

Welcome back, Purple :)

Where are you traveling to? (Sorry if that's too nosey lol)

I sent Phoenix's passport off a couple of weeks ago and got it back on Tuesday, think it only took about 12-14 days to come back and that was with it arriving at the passport office before the bank holiday.

I was planning a short break (5 days) at the end of this month staying with a friend in Greece, but now I have the passport back and it's time to book the ticket I'm chickening out lol. I really want to go but I feel guilty for spending the money on me & also leaving the older kids with their dad (even though he's fine with it). Also need to double check my mum is still ok with pet sitting and having the kids when their dad is at work etc before I go & buy the plane ticket.

Thank you Phoenix! Baby phoenix is just soooo beautiful!

Not nosey at all! We will go to Paris for 7 nights, we will stay with my sis in law as her house is v baby friendly, we will go over the half term in October; it will be good to have a break and that extra help from her (she will take time off work).

Wow Greece sounds very nice! I say go for it, don't feel guilty, see it as a treat for the good job you did delivering your daughter alone! Hopefully your Mum is able to pet sit, your other 2 shouldn't be much trouble anyway considering their ages; we just sent our passport application off today, I really hope we get it back asap!.. v excited.

Last edited:
Hey guys only just seen this thread!! I was gonna start one on here but Ab is on the case!

Our little George is such a chunky baby hes the complete opposite to my daughter! We are so smitten with him though. He goes down from 9pm to 2am then to 5am then 7.30am so we do actually get tonnes of sleep which is a godsend!

He gained 2lbs from birth, he is exclusively breastfed and it's going well at the moment! He's tongue tied but no one seems to know whether to get it sorted or not, hes not badly tongue tied because he feeds and gains weight its just the debate of whether it will cause him problems when he is a little bigger with eating and with speaking apparently.

I am gonna catch up on everyone now! xx

Attachments

• IMG_7908.jpg
    IMG_7908.jpg
    330.4 KB · Views: 21
Lexi, I was going to say on the other thread that it's probably best you get it cut. My friend's second son didn't get it cut or not til he was much older and it caused him loads of issues with his speech.
She got her 3rd and 4th babies cut privately within a week of their birth.
And had to get the 4th baby done again recently as it reattached (he's 7 weeks old now).

She used Milk Matters but I think they are only based in Yorkshire, I'm not sure if they or anything similar operates down south. I'd definitely look into it though.

aww congratulations lexi, look at all the hair he as!
he's a right cutie :) xx

Thanks Ab!

And thanks Phoenix I think I should get it done too. There are people in the south that will do it other than the NHS so I will try and get it booked for next week or the week after... the only thing that is putting me off is that it isn't a severe tongue tie so I don't know if it will actually affect him later on but hey... might as well not take the risk.

I wish i was in the USA for this part, they are so shit hot on the tongue tie thing and we really lack knowledge here with it in my opinion xx

They said Rowan had a mild posterior tongue tie and ummed and ahhed about snipping it. Then I spoke to my partner's sister who's a speech therapist - she said it's not really something that affects speech unless it's extreme, but it's become a bit of a fad obsession with midwives these days. If it's a bad tongue tie, bad enough to prevent feeding properly, then fair enough, but slight ones cause nothing. The nhs site says the same, really. If the baby can stick their tongue out further than their lower gums, all is fine! She actually regrets being pressured into having her eldest son snipped (now nearly 8), as he has developed a lisp and she suspects that having his tongue tie cut had something to do with that!

Last edited:
Anyone else's baby get a lot of hiccups? India gets them a few times a day some days. She's not always great at bringing up her wind and I wonder if that's anything to do with it.

I can't believe shes 5 weeks already, the weeks are flying by x

WP_20160901_18_31_46_Pro.jpg

Hey all. I'm sneaking in because I was tencially meant to be an August mommy although Lyla had other ideas. All is well here. She is settled like a pro and is the most chilled out baby. She sleeps 11-6 so far then has a feed and sleeps until 10. Not complaining at all! Loving all the pics of your beautiful babies! Here is mine at 4 days old
7c588418aa97f8532eb30db641eeb0ff.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

congratulations aes! lyla sure Is a cutie, look at all that hair she as!
well coby is finally near enough in 0 to 3 month clothes at nearly 13 weeks old lol.
We're off to nearly new sale today which couldn't of timed any better as he's had such a growth spurt (we didn't go crazy buying as we were team yellow) iv heard really good things about these nearly new sales me and my friend are maybe a little bit too excited for it lol xx

Thank you ab! Her hair is amazing I can't leave it alone lol. Ah bless him! Teeny boy! I hope you find some lovely things in the sale! X

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I love the baby pictures!! Here's Summer at 8 days old.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 18
aww she looks so content kholl, the little beaut xx

Roxy... George has permanent hiccups! I feel sorry for him lol it must be so annoying! He's seen a cranial osteopath for good measure and he said he's all good just some swelling on his head apparently which he worked on and he said he has slightly inflamed sinuses. I learned a lot with him and he taught me a few things which was interesting.

Yorkslass thank you for the tongue tie advice, he feeds well according to the scales but he does struggle to latch about 50% of the time! so i have booked an independent breastfeeding counsellor to come see us tomorrow for some further advice.

Ab so good that he's finally grown enough for 0-3 lol! Bless him how is it going xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back