*** July 2019 Mummies ***

So I’ve just looked at my letter for the antenatal class and it’s a 5 week course. Covering labour and pain relief. Decided I’m sticking my heels in and am not going. I don’t have a delivery plan yet so I don’t see the point in spending 2hrs discussing a natural birth if it’s not going to happen for me.

Decided I will take a tour of the unit & will speak to my community midwife when I have a delivery but plan in place. That way Atleast i’ll be able to ask relevant questions and tbh, I just will feel more comfortable. I am not someone who enjoys sitting in a big circle and sharing.

Oh my goodness congratulations Radley :dance:<3
Amazing news! Your labour was super quick. I have literally only just bought my hosp bag let alone filled it so will do that this week, me thinks. I think I’ve been in denial how close we are to meeting the bubs;-)
Been away for a while but glad to hear everyone is well. Had my 32wk growth scan this week and he’s 4.7lbs and finally head down.
Lol will check out spritz for bits:rotfl:

Oh my goodness congratulations Radley :dance:<3
Amazing news! Your labour was super quick. I have literally only just bought my hosp bag let alone filled it so will do that this week, me thinks. I think I’ve been in denial how close we are to meeting the bubs;-)
Been away for a while but glad to hear everyone is well. Had my 32wk growth scan this week and he’s 4.7lbs and finally head down.
Lol will check out spritz for bits:rotfl:

Yeah I started packing my bag yesterday... today I am 34 weeks so probably best to start that now. Still need to get pram out of box and set it up and I also need to fit the car seat at some point!

How is everyone? All bags packed and ready for your new arrival? Anyone having niggles yet?
I think we’re all set with the big stuff. I’ve bought the hosp bag and all that needs to go in, I just need to actually pack it. Even though this is number 3 I can never remember how many outfits a newborn will need:roll: I didn’t want to buy too many grows in First Size in case it’s a big baby.
Plus being a summer baby it’s a job to know what to put them in if there’s a heatwave or something.
Hope everyone is well. Can’t believe we’re nearing the end of pregnancy! Seems like yesterday we were all moaning about morning sickness over Xmas...

My bags were not packed but are now. Went to the GP on Monday with fat feet and ended up admitted to hospital with a BP Of 179-99. Protein in my urine aswell. I got out on Thursday with rest and BP tablets. My blood tests were clear so repeating them tomorrow and going in for BP monitoring and baby monitoring tomorrow. Then see my consultant on Tuesday. When I went in they gave me the steroids so as far as early delivery is concerned baby should be ready to meet the world. Anytime after 36 weeks and i’ll Be happy tbh. My BP has been perfect all the way through (even up until a week before that bonkers reading) so hoping it will settle as soon as baby comes. They can’t decide which way he is facing and think he is still transverse which puts the squash on a natural delivery altogether.

It still doesn’t feel real. I can’t imagine life with him here but at the same time can’t imagine life no longer pregnant.

I'm pretty ready now. 36 weeks tomorrow. Nearly finished packing. Just gotta buy a couple more bits for hospital bag but apart from that, all set! Crazy. Finished work on Friday and now I am just waiting...! Weird to think this pregnancy will soon be finished!

Hope you're all doing well!

I finally started packing my hospital bag this weekend after being told off by consultant on Friday that I hadn't packed it yet - I'm 37 weeks now so it should be packed to be fair! Still got a couple of bits to pick up this week and that should be me ready.

I had some period like cramping twice yesterday for the first time in months... think it's a good sign my body might be preparing for labour!

Can't believe I'm finishing up work this Friday finally! Certainly made it easier getting out of bed this morning for work knowing it's my last week.

Hope you're all doing well!

I finally started packing my hospital bag this weekend after being told off by consultant on Friday that I hadn't packed it yet - I'm 37 weeks now so it should be packed to be fair! Still got a couple of bits to pick up this week and that should be me ready.

I had some period like cramping twice yesterday for the first time in months... think it's a good sign my body might be preparing for labour!

Can't believe I'm finishing up work this Friday finally! Certainly made it easier getting out of bed this morning for work knowing it's my last week.

I finished work on Friday and now 36 weeks. Am so glad I'm done now cos I was struggling to be honest

My twins were born last Friday morning both weighing 5lb 8oz.

Delivery went mostly smoothly with the little girl causing a bit of a panic and an emergency call to the neonatal team. However perfectly fine after a bit of help.

I was admitted to hdu due to a hemorrhage and having a bakri balloon inserted, but we came home yesterday and are adjusting to life as a family of 5.

Hope everyone is well and excited for their new arrivals xx

Delivery went mostly smoothly with the little girl causing a bit of a panic and an emergency call to the neonatal team. However perfectly fine after a bit of help.

I was admitted to hdu due to a hemorrhage and having a bakri balloon inserted, but we came home yesterday and are adjusting to life as a family of 5.

Huge congrats to you! I can't wait for my baby to be here

Congratulations Emma. I had my little girl in Monday.
What have you named your little ones?

Congratulations on those who’ve had their little ones already.

I feel like I’m thread jumping but though my due date is the 7th August. It looks like we are joining the July babies and mummy’s as I will be getting induced on July 24th.

My first baby, and my partners 2nd (he’s got an 11 year old boy, and we’re having a baby boy)

So was induced early on Tuesday as my BP was erratic. Then they decided to stop the induction to lack of staff so ended up with a c section yesterday. Baby was born 8lbs8oz and is in special care as he is struggling to maintain his blood sugar level.

I have been discharged exactly 26hrs after the operation. Another lady was in the ward and was the same circumstances for her and she was also discharged at the same time. It’s bonkers as I expected to be in for Atleast 2 or 3 nights.

I am allergic to morphene so can only take paracetamol and ibruprofren. Quite sore today but think I will be for a fair few days as I can only take minimum pain relief.

Congratulations on those having their little ones! So exciting for us all, although I'm hoping to hang on for a few more weeks yet.

@Sugarpop seems like you've had a rough few days of it. Hope baby is doing well and his sugars settle out soon. It is surprising how quick discharge occurs nowadays after surgery. My mother (she's actually diabetic as well) recently had her gallbladder out. 2 hour op multiple holes and she was discharged that evening despite barely functioning. I spent days making sure she ate and drank fluids, and took her pain meds at home. Hopefully you'll bounce back quickly and get to take your little man home soon.

Just wondered what people thought about this... I'm due 22nd July and yesterday and this morning I have felt very very mild period type twinges briefly. My stomach doesnt go tight or anything it just feels like a tiny wave of a menstrual type feeling. Is this just something like my body getting ready or baby moving about?

Just wondered what people thought about this... I'm due 22nd July and yesterday and this morning I have felt very very mild period type twinges briefly. My stomach doesnt go tight or anything it just feels like a tiny wave of a menstrual type feeling. Is this just something like my body getting ready or baby moving about?
I had loads of cramps / tightenings before hand for a few weeks. I think it’s probably just a bit of braxton Hicks starting? When they finally induced me my cervix was closed and far from where it needed to be so I wouldn’t be too worried unless they were very close together and very painful. I will say, after my induction the pains were much much more intense and I’m sure you’ll be able to tell the difference between the two.

J
I had loads of cramps / tightenings before hand for a few weeks. I think it’s probably just a bit of braxton Hicks starting? When they finally induced me my cervix was closed and far from where it needed to be so I wouldn’t be too worried unless they were very close together and very painful. I will say, after my induction the pains were much much more intense and I’m sure you’ll be able to tell the difference between the two.

Yes I thought if it was proper then I would definitely know about it. I was just confused cos Braxton hicks make your stomach go tight which wasnt really happening for me. It was just these waves of menstrual type pains but so mild u wouldn't think much of them normally.

Cant wait for our little girl to arrive now

That’s how my contractions started about an hour and a half after my waters broke. I never got any bh or tightening in the weeks or days before. Went from mild period pain to babies out in 4 hours!
So basically, keep an eye!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back