*** July 2019 Mummies ***

Your body must be starting to prepare! How exciting. I haven’t had anything like that yet which is what makes me think they will be in there forever.

I hope so! I think its called prodromal labour and can go on for weeks so probably means nothing. I have a feeling this pregnancy will take me up until induction annoyingly.

It’s getting closer and closer though and in less than 2 months we’ll all have our bubs!

I saw my mum today for the first time in 2 weeks and she said my bump looks low. I have felt some pressure further down but he can’t coem because we’re not ready yet :lol:

I've just ordered my spritz for bitz! I hope I dont end up with a c section now after spending £20 on spray for my foof :rotfl:

I've just ordered my spritz for bitz! I hope I dont end up with a c section now after spending £20 on spray for my foof :rotfl:
What exactly is it? Literally never heard of it.

Had midwife appointment yesterday. Student midwife couldn’t find the baby, said my blood pressure was high & then said baby’s HB was high. In reality his HB was averaging around 155 (was 152 when I was monitored), baby was moving away from her ( :lol: ) and my blood pressure was fine

What exactly is it? Literally never heard of it.

Had midwife appointment yesterday. Student midwife couldn’t find the baby, said my blood pressure was high & then said baby’s HB was high. In reality his HB was averaging around 155 (was 152 when I was monitored), baby was moving away from her ( :lol: ) and my blood pressure was fine

Its basically a spray for down there for after you've had the baby.
Mums on my unit swore by it and the reviews are really good.
I wish there had been something like this around when I had my son.
Google 'the expert midwife' and have a look. The names of their products are pretty funny, but nothing but good reviews for it all.

I get students have to learn, I've been there. But they shouldn't be worrying people by saying things like that. They should get a second opinion to check their findings.
At least you weren't worried by it!

As for baby position I see you asked above, my son breech ubtil 36 weeks and flipped and then back to back until 39 weeks. So still space and time to move.

Failing that there is a great website called spinning babies.
People swear by the 'ironing board' technique x

Its basically a spray for down there for after you've had the baby.
Mums on my unit swore by it and the reviews are really good.
I wish there had been something like this around when I had my son.
Google 'the expert midwife' and have a look. The names of their products are pretty funny, but nothing but good reviews for it all.

I get students have to learn, I've been there. But they shouldn't be worrying people by saying things like that. They should get a second opinion to check their findings.
At least you weren't worried by it!

As for baby position I see you asked above, my son breech ubtil 36 weeks and flipped and then back to back until 39 weeks. So still space and time to move.

Failing that there is a great website called spinning babies.
People swear by the 'ironing board' technique x
I knew he was fine because I’d felt him move whilst waiting :lol: when I went in for monitoring I watched the monitor like a hawk so also knew that he is a bit of a pain and his HB drops sometimes (pulls the cord) and goes up quickly when he’s moving. The consultant was fine with that so probably lucky I wasn’t worried. I knew they’d find him eventually as he’s definitely there ha! He’s just a little shit and gives you the run around. Apparantly, just like me according to family members!

I did tell them that if my BP was high I was blaming them as it’s been perfect all the way through...turns out it was precisely the same as Tuesday! Atleast something is predictable :lol:

I had a student mw at my booking in, her first placement and bless her, she was crap! I she said my BP was 160 over something and I just said to her I promise you it isn’t. Then taught her how to take it. She had the steth the wrong way around and everything, lol. Then at 31 weeks the GP couldn’t find heartbeats but I wasn’t worried as mw had already told me that the gp is always shit at finding them so I waited and saw her later that day, all was fine.

I reckon you could probably spritz a section scar after a while (and piles) so I think I will get some!

What I really want is a nice pedicure but I’m too tight to go pay for one. I did get some money from mil for my birthday and I guess I’m not going to buy anything so maybe I will get that. If I could reach I could do it myself but no chance, lol.

I had a student mw at my booking in, her first placement and bless her, she was crap! I she said my BP was 160 over something and I just said to her I promise you it isn’t. Then taught her how to take it. She had the steth the wrong way around and everything, lol. Then at 31 weeks the GP couldn’t find heartbeats but I wasn’t worried as mw had already told me that the gp is always shit at finding them so I waited and saw her later that day, all was fine.

I reckon you could probably spritz a section scar after a while (and piles) so I think I will get some!

What I really want is a nice pedicure but I’m too tight to go pay for one. I did get some money from mil for my birthday and I guess I’m not going to buy anything so maybe I will get that. If I could reach I could do it myself but no chance, lol.
Get hubby on the job!!

It’s getting closer and closer though and in less than 2 months we’ll all have our bubs!

I saw my mum today for the first time in 2 weeks and she said my bump looks low. I have felt some pressure further down but he can’t coem because we’re not ready yet :lol:

I'm so sure my bump is lower now too, definitely feels and looks it, and starting to feel pressure down there too. Think I've finally understood what lightening crotch is!! Scary how close it's getting now.

Can't believe I've only 4 weeks left at work (and I'm only in 2 days next week as well), and have been talking to my manager about wrapping up different projects and finishing things up.

Get hubby on the job!!
He did have a go but it all peeled off. Decided to treat myself, otherwise I will end up spending it on baby stuff. Lovely bright pink toes and smooth feet - heaven!

I'm so sure my bump is lower now too, definitely feels and looks it, and starting to feel pressure down there too. Think I've finally understood what lightening crotch is!! Scary how close it's getting now.

Can't believe I've only 4 weeks left at work (and I'm only in 2 days next week as well), and have been talking to my manager about wrapping up different projects and finishing things up.

4 weeks at work - you are my hero. I’ve been off nearly two and I’m so glad as I’m struggling so much. I have about a 2 hour energy burst normally then I’m done. Yesterday I went to watch a rowing completion that I used to coach for before I became a para. It took everything I had to walk about 1/2 a mile in two separate bursts with resting in between. Bonkers

Hopefully my birthday garden furniture is finally going together this weekend so I can lounge around like a walrus and if we sort the hot tub then I can be a hippo in cool water

You're carrying a lot more than me though! Thankfully I'm still feeling pretty good during the day, only in the evenings really I'm starting to struggle. Feel so exhausted and usually in bed by 9 everyday.

Lounging around the garden and hot tub sounds so good!! Hopefully you're having better weather than we are over here... it's quite warm and humid, but sky full of clouds and raining all day.

Ladies,

If I can offer two pieces of advice to you

1. Get your hospital bag packed!
2. When your body wants to push, you will know it!

Waters broke at 12:34 this morning, came up to mau - not contracting. Period type pain then started an hour later and full blown contractions by 4am. Move me to delivery at about 5am saying I wasn’t dilated but by body was pushing. Next thing I know, told to push and I have a baby on my chest. And the other not long afterwards.

Two baby girls delivered vaginally, on entonox just after 6am. 5lb3oz & 4lb12oz.
Both doing well, in hdu for oxygen and t2 antibiotics. Mum and Dad shell shocked to say the least!

I’m up on the ward now, adrenaline is wearing off so I’m going to have a nap whilst the twiglets are doing the same downstairs.

Bonkers, babies are here and we are absolutely in love

Oh my gosh Radley! Congratulations!!! Well done you!

Glad that you are all doing as well as can be expected. Can’t wait to see a picture of your beautiful babies! What fantastic weights they are for being early and Twinnies!

Last edited:
Oh my gosh Radley! Congratulations!!! Well done you!

Glad that you are all doing as well as can be expected. Can’t wait to see a picture of your beautiful babies! What fantastic weights they are for being early and Twinnies!

So much for getting to 37 weeks! Hopefully will get some skin to skin with twin 1 (Charlotte Evelyn) this afternoon. Twinkle 2, Elizabeth Ann needs to stay in the warm so won’t be coming out of the incubator just yet.

The nurses said I don’t look like I’ve just had twins, I can honestly say I’m not even sure what happened it was so quick

How fantastic that’ll be for you! It’s amazing that babies are so resilient and just get on with it. So glad they are doing well.

I can only imagine the shock but maybe it’s a bit better to have it quickly over and done with and have to think about it later.

Did you have any signs before your waters broke?

So much for getting to 37 weeks! Hopefully will get some skin to skin with twin 1 (Charlotte Evelyn) this afternoon. Twinkle 2, Elizabeth Ann needs to stay in the warm so won’t be coming out of the incubator just yet.

The nurses said I don’t look like I’ve just had twins, I can honestly say I’m not even sure what happened it was so quick

Congratulations Radley I’ve been silently stalking you so I know what’s to come :) you’re amazing. I’ve been warned to have my bag packed by 28 weeks with twins xx

I woke up feeling really hot and then thought maybe I had a massive bit of discharge, then when I sat up it was 100% not discharge as it just kept coming. Must have been sac for twin 1 as twin 2s didn’t go until I pushed and it felt like a depth charge.

They didn’t seem to register that my contractions went from nothing when I arrived to fully body shaking within 3 hours and I just wanted to see the doctor. The mw was really good and kept calling for them because she could see shit was getting real and fast.
I did freak when they said I wasn’t dilated because the pain was really bad and I didn’t know how I could cope for hours like that as the contentions were literally only a couple of minutes apart. So I asked for an epidural (assuming it would take ages) but they wouldn’t do it because they didn’t have a good enough trace of the two babies but with entonox I could lay on my back for a trace and I reckon the babies were out in less than 30 min from there

Amazing! What a trooper you are!! I had a huge blob of discharge today and it made me worry about what it was :lol:

Will make it my mission this week to sort out my hospital bags!!

Amazing! What a trooper you are!! I had a huge blob of discharge today and it made me worry about what it was :lol:

Will make it my mission this week to sort out my hospital bags!!

Literally was going to do my bag today and get the isofix in the car. Never mind, lol

In the end, I had stuff and lobbed it in. Defo need more pants but dh can bring those tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back