*** July 2019 Mummies ***

That’s how my contractions started about an hour and a half after my waters broke. I never got any bh or tightening in the weeks or days before. Went from mild period pain to babies out in 4 hours!
So basically, keep an eye!

Well still just having these occasional v mild feelings. Nothing else yet... hoping baby stays put at least 1 more week!

How is everyone doing? It's bloomin hot! Looking forward to having this baby now. I'm just relaxing watching box sets. Feel like I'm in limbo haha. I'm 37+3 today... would like bubba to arrive sometime after I turn 38 weeks. Can't wait to meet her

It is ridiculously warm!! It’s really hard knowing what baby should be wearing. We’ve been sticking with a sleepsuit & blanket round his bottom half as that’s what we had at the hospital. I am seriously paranoid about his temperature and am constantly taking it! I feel absolutely clueless :lol:

I feel like a beached whale and constantly falling asleep in the heat. This is further compounded by night time insomnia. I'm 36 +4 today.

Excited for baby to be here but want him to hold off a little until I have my birth plan completed at least. Not getting done until I'm 38 +4 because I've changed midwife again after moving into our new flat. Meeting health visitor Monday and last growth scan Tuesday so all getting close now!

I'm paranoid about bubs and the heat. I've got one of those gro room thermometers. It displays room temp and changes colour to identify if the rooms too hot or cold.

My mum is convinced babies should be layered and wrapped and thinks I'm wrong to not want to do that just because it's summer. She keeps saying 'babies can't keep themselves warm'. I reply with 'no they struggle to regulate body temp hot or cold'. Generational/different guidelines thing I suppose.

We have a room thermometer (one of those digitals that do food and people too) we got it in aldi’s baby event for £10 and so far I’m impressed. Midwife gave me old style room ones that go on the door handle too and say where abouts a temp is. Currently it’s been 22 in the house which is too warm, but midwife today saw him in his Moses basket with just a blanket round his bottom half and said he was perfect.

We ventured out today and I just took the blanket and kept it mainly over his legs (to keep his feet warm) definitely no need for the big pram covers on!!

Ugh. Feel rubbish. 38 weeks today. Generally feel under the weather. The nausea feeling has returned in the last few days. Dunno if it's because my stomach is pushed up and squished or if it's hormones or what. Just generally feel crappy

How is everyone else doing?

Met my health visitor today for pre baby chat. Went on for 1 1/2 hours! Was good to get a bunch of extra info ect though and put a face to a name. She seemed pretty happy with everything I plan to do.

Then went and got a going home outfit with my mum (2 different ones for newborn and upto 1 month as I might have a 9lb+ baby at this rate!).

@Jellybean86 I've had that feeling for a few weeks now. I think it's where my stomach is pushed up. I also have heartburn with it which fits the old wives tale of heartburn = baby with head hair as my 31 week scan showed his hair!

Last growth scan tomorrow should show baby being around 7 1/2lb (37 +2 then). Kinda ready for him to be here now!

Met my health visitor today for pre baby chat. Went on for 1 1/2 hours! Was good to get a bunch of extra info ect though and put a face to a name. She seemed pretty happy with everything I plan to do.

Then went and got a going home outfit with my mum (2 different ones for newborn and upto 1 month as I might have a 9lb+ baby at this rate!).

@Jellybean86 I've had that feeling for a few weeks now. I think it's where my stomach is pushed up. I also have heartburn with it which fits the old wives tale of heartburn = baby with head hair as my 31 week scan showed his hair!

Last growth scan tomorrow should show baby being around 7 1/2lb (37 +2 then). Kinda ready for him to be here now!

I haven't had any additional scans. Just my 12 and 20 week ones so I haven't seen bubba for ages! Feeling her a lot though!!

I have suffered a lot of heartburn so I assume she will have lots of hair haha!

I dont think in my area we have to meet the health visitor prior to the birth. I think we just meet them after. No one has said otherwise to me. I haven't even really been seen a lot by midwives. I've only just started going every 2 weeks and I'm 38 weeks now! Strange lol

I met my HV yesterday. Here they send you a letter / text when you get out of hospital.

She asked me how I know that I love baby...wasn’t sure how to answer that so I very bluntly said “I change his shitty nappies. Before him I’d never have done that” :lol: as a first time mum I don’t have a benchmark for how I should feel so how do I know if I feel different than I should? It’s all bonkers.

I had really bad heartburn towards the end and although he wasn’t born with masses of hair, he’s definitely got a fair bit on his head, got a little bit of colouring from every colour in there to so far!

Had my last growth scan and I'm kinda worried and peeved off. Baby has been measuring above 80th - 95th percentile in all scans since my 20 week scan. Baby now suddenly measuring in the 50th - 60th percentile and according to measurements head hasn't grown in 3 weeks! (sonographer even measured baby's head less than the scan I had 3 weeks ago). Because of the fact he's still over 50th percentile they say he's all OK but I'm not convinced.

The point of my scans was because I'm at risk of him slowing down and surely this shows that for my pregnancy the baby has slowed down growing? He's dropped around 30 percentile in 3 weeks. I know scans are not accurate but that's such a huge shift in numbers.

I'm really worried something might not be right but because he fits their standard lines now it'll be ignored. I've got over a week until next midwife appointment. At my last midwife appointment she also measured my fundal as not changing from previous midwife appointment and just assumed the last measurement must have been wrong.

Am I overreacting about this? Not sure what to do next.

Had my last growth scan and I'm kinda worried and peeved off. Baby has been measuring above 80th - 95th percentile in all scans since my 20 week scan. Baby now suddenly measuring in the 50th - 60th percentile and according to measurements head hasn't grown in 3 weeks! (sonographer even measured baby's head less than the scan I had 3 weeks ago). Because of the fact he's still over 50th percentile they say he's all OK but I'm not convinced.

The point of my scans was because I'm at risk of him slowing down and surely this shows that for my pregnancy the baby has slowed down growing? He's dropped around 30 percentile in 3 weeks. I know scans are not accurate but that's such a huge shift in numbers.

I'm really worried something might not be right but because he fits their standard lines now it'll be ignored. I've got over a week until next midwife appointment. At my last midwife appointment she also measured my fundal as not changing from previous midwife appointment and just assumed the last measurement must have been wrong.

Am I overreacting about this? Not sure what to do next.
Do you have a number for your midwife? If so give her a ring and ask her advice.

I had a history of reduced growth at the end and like you, baby was over the 95th centile, then fundals stopped, and the scan showed growth had dropped down the centile. I was induced a week later. Baby was fine and a nice weight (nothing like they said) its worth if you're worried picking their brains about it.
I wasnt given much choice really, but each hospital has different guidelines.

Do you have a number for your midwife? If so give her a ring and ask her advice.

I had a history of reduced growth at the end and like you, baby was over the 95th centile, then fundals stopped, and the scan showed growth had dropped down the centile. I was induced a week later. Baby was fine and a nice weight (nothing like they said) its worth if you're worried picking their brains about it.
I wasnt given much choice really, but each hospital has different guidelines.

Stupidly I don't have my new midwifes number (only met her once). This is what I get for having been with 3 different surgeries during my pregnancy.

After a bunch of research I realised the estimations could be 1lb out of actual weight, along with baby managing to hide and curl up still at this point (yay for me having a big abdomen), and being awkward to picture except his leg, we've decided to wait for next midwife appointment. I'm thinking the measurements may have just been off due to baby's positioning.

What I will be doing is keeping an extra close eye on baby's movements until then. Even a sniff of him not jiggling about properly and I'll be calling the hosp midwives for monitoring. I'll also be questioning next steps if no fundal height increase at my next appointment.

Kinda want him here now after this! 19 days to go!

I do think extra scans can make you worry more. All along my baby was 95th and then the last scan he sky rocketed off the lines. He was measured around 4lbs and in 4 weeks he’d put on 4lbs. He was well over what they estimated him to be but what I will say is that the scans are not that accurate I don’t think at this point. The sonographer that did my last one had a hard time measuring anything and said the fluid level was normal and all the way through it had been measured as high. Even when the midwife induced me she told me she thought it was high.

Definitely keep an eye on him but just know that the scans are not concrete. I actually think babies just look like boobs at the end :lol: I couldn’t identify any features!!

Mines still sitting tight at 37 +6.

Had to go triage last night as the little monkey stopped moving. I tried everything to get him going and barely a peep. As soon as they stuck the probes on me though he kicked up an angry storm (he really hates ultrasounds and doppler devices etc.) for 15 mins then tired himself out!

He's gone quieter again today. :dohh: Will have to keep a close eye on him over the next few days. Feel I already have a trouble maker on my hands!

Hope everyone else is doing OK.

Mines still sitting tight at 37 +6.

Had to go triage last night as the little monkey stopped moving. I tried everything to get him going and barely a peep. As soon as they stuck the probes on me though he kicked up an angry storm (he really hates ultrasounds and doppler devices etc.) for 15 mins then tired himself out!

He's gone quieter again today. :dohh: Will have to keep a close eye on him over the next few days. Feel I already have a trouble maker on my hands!

Hope everyone else is doing OK.

I'm 38+5 and still not really any sign of little one arriving yet. My baby has quiet times and then goes mad for ages then quiet again. Different phases every few weeks.

Saw midwife yesterday for my last appointment (hopefully)! Was booked in for 40+4 in case I go beyond due date and then I can opt for a stretch and sweep if I want. I'm hoping I give birth before then tho. Wouldn't mind her turning up in the next few days really.

I'm 38+5 and still not really any sign of little one arriving yet. My baby has quiet times and then goes mad for ages then quiet again. Different phases every few weeks.

Saw midwife yesterday for my last appointment (hopefully)! Was booked in for 40+4 in case I go beyond due date and then I can opt for a stretch and sweep if I want. I'm hoping I give birth before then tho. Wouldn't mind her turning up in the next few days really.

I'm supposedly not allowed to go over 40 weeks. I should see a consultant about this by 39 weeks but nothing. Lots of stuff has been messed up paperwork wise for me since I moved though.

I see midwife next week and should be doing my birth plan at 38+4. I'll be speaking to her then about it and seeing what happens.

I'm really hoping he turns up soon. I'm getting so fed up of being so big and unable to do stuff. I'm also scared of my placenta flunking out on me, (that's why I shouldn't go over 40 weeks).

I'm supposedly not allowed to go over 40 weeks. I should see a consultant about this by 39 weeks but nothing. Lots of stuff has been messed up paperwork wise for me since I moved though.

I see midwife next week and should be doing my birth plan at 38+4. I'll be speaking to her then about it and seeing what happens.

I'm really hoping he turns up soon. I'm getting so fed up of being so big and unable to do stuff. I'm also scared of my placenta flunking out on me, (that's why I shouldn't go over 40 weeks).

Hopefully the midwife will put your mind at rest when you next see her. I too am fed up of not being able to do basic stuff anymore. Like laying in bed in any position!

Finally made sure my bags are fully packed for hospital. I know I left it late as I'm 38 weeks today.

I have one large camping rucksack for myself and a changing backpack all packed for baby. I'm wondering if I'm missing stuff though. This is mostly because I saw some people turn up to be induced on the day assessment ward when I had my gtt test with full on large suitcases etc.

I followed what was on the NHS website with a few extra bits so we shall see. I added a change of clothes for my partner too just in case we're there for a long time.

Finally made sure my bags are fully packed for hospital. I know I left it late as I'm 38 weeks today.

I have one large camping rucksack for myself and a changing backpack all packed for baby. I'm wondering if I'm missing stuff though. This is mostly because I saw some people turn up to be induced on the day assessment ward when I had my gtt test with full on large suitcases etc.

I followed what was on the NHS website with a few extra bits so we shall see. I added a change of clothes for my partner too just in case we're there for a long time.

I'm the same. Not sure if I have enough... I have a holdall for myself and a big shopping bag with all babies stuff. Then a rucksack with my isotonic drinks, bottles of water and snacks! Then my husband can use the rucksack to ferry stuff to and from hospital if needs be.

Feel like I have over packed but I really haven't got lots. I tried to keep it to essentials. I have bought a couple of those ready made bottle starter packs in case I dont breast feed for whatever reason. So that sort of thing is taking up room in my packing.

I'm 39 weeks tomorrow. Getting to the point where I want to give birth now as each day is just me sitting around watching box sets and thinking about labour. The more I think about it l the more anxious I am getting. Want to be the other side now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back