*** July 2019 Mummies ***

Literally was going to do my bag today and get the isofix in the car. Never mind, lol

In the end, I had stuff and lobbed it in. Defo need more pants but dh can bring those tomorrow
Absolutely! Whatever you don’t have can be brought to you. The names you’ve picked out are lovely, they go together really well too!

Have they got the babies in the same incubator or separate? Not sure what they do with twins!

Ladies,

If I can offer two pieces of advice to you

1. Get your hospital bag packed!
2. When your body wants to push, you will know it!

Waters broke at 12:34 this morning, came up to mau - not contracting. Period type pain then started an hour later and full blown contractions by 4am. Move me to delivery at about 5am saying I wasn’t dilated but by body was pushing. Next thing I know, told to push and I have a baby on my chest. And the other not long afterwards.

Two baby girls delivered vaginally, on entonox just after 6am. 5lb3oz & 4lb12oz.
Both doing well, in hdu for oxygen and t2 antibiotics. Mum and Dad shell shocked to say the least!

I’m up on the ward now, adrenaline is wearing off so I’m going to have a nap whilst the twiglets are doing the same downstairs.

Bonkers, babies are here and we are absolutely in love
Oh wow congratulations lovely. Good weights and beautiful names <3
That's a blooming fast labour aswell.

I'm very jealous. Mine just teases me then stops.

Ladies,

Waters broke at 12:34 this morning, came up to mau - not contracting. Period type pain then started an hour later and full blown contractions by 4am. Move me to delivery at about 5am saying I wasn’t dilated but by body was pushing. Next thing I know, told to push and I have a baby on my chest. And the other not long afterwards.

Two baby girls delivered vaginally, on entonox just after 6am. 5lb3oz & 4lb12oz.
Both doing well, in hdu for oxygen and t2 antibiotics. Mum and Dad shell shocked to say the least!

I’m up on the ward now, adrenaline is wearing off so I’m going to have a nap whilst the twiglets are doing the same downstairs.

Omg congratulations Radleycat!! Was not expecting to read that when I came on here. Glad they are both doing well and labour was quick, and amazing weights! Well done! Their names are beautiful and cant wait to see a photo of them, if you plan to share one that is. Keep us updated!

I have all my stuff for hospital bag but wasnt planning on actually packing for another couple of weeks... will get on it now!

Ladies,

Oh my god!!!!!! That is not the update I expected to read.
Wow you go girl! Such a trooper. And what amazing weights for both your girls at this gestation!!!
That' amazing and sounds like they are doing fantastically. (If you need anything nicu related explained or more info just ask)

I cannot believe you have had them! That's insane. And what beautiful names!
After reading your post I've rechecked my bag!
Huge cogratulations and update us when you feel rested and ready xx

Wow! Congrats Radley! How exciting!
I was starting to look at what I need to pack and I think this week I'm gonna actually start gathering everything together! 33 weeks tomorrow. I have pretty much everything I would need if I did go into labour early anyway and it wouldn't take my husband long to grab anything else I hadn't got. But I would rather be prepared if poss.

Cant wait to hear your updates radley! And enjoy these precious first moments! Xx

Thank you ladies, we are really happy. Shattered, still shocked but happy <3<3

Tried to take a nap this afternoon but my brain said no chance so rested. Then went back down to hdu for a few hours. Still not had a cuddle since they were wrapped in towels quickly this morning so that’s ok. They need to be warm. All doing good, on air which the flow is being reduced so that’s good. I’ve managed to get some colostrum - weirdest thing I have ever done. And they are being fed doner milk and glucose for now. Both on abx, t1 as precaution, t2 has a little bit of fluid on the lung so is for her mainly but again, they are doing really well.

They are in two incubators in hdu. T1 was been blanket wrapped to stop her pulling out her nasal tube, lol. T2 has a good little set of lungs on here and still has the downy soft hair on her body - so smooth!

Dh has gone home now, his folks picked him up so he can crash out and come back up tomorrow. I’m gonna try more colostrum and maybe take it down to hdu if I get any then will probably crash myself.

Another Weird thing - it’s like I can still feel the babies wriggling in my belly yet I know they aren’t there now!

Happy to pm a pic or WhatsApp when set up :)

Tried to take a nap this afternoon but my brain said no chance so rested. Then went back down to hdu for a few hours. Still not had a cuddle since they were wrapped in towels quickly this morning so that’s ok. They need to be warm. All doing good, on air which the flow is being reduced so that’s good. I’ve managed to get some colostrum - weirdest thing I have ever done. And they are being fed doner milk and glucose for now. Both on abx, t1 as precaution, t2 has a little bit of fluid on the lung so is for her mainly but again, they are doing really well.

They are in two incubators in hdu. T1 was been blanket wrapped to stop her pulling out her nasal tube, lol. T2 has a good little set of lungs on here and still has the downy soft hair on her body - so smooth!

Dh has gone home now, his folks picked him up so he can crash out and come back up tomorrow. I’m gonna try more colostrum and maybe take it down to hdu if I get any then will probably crash myself.

Another Weird thing - it’s like I can still feel the babies wriggling in my belly yet I know they aren’t there now!

You sound like you are coping so so well!
When it all sinks in allow yourself time to get over the shock of it all.
Such an overwhelming situation to be in. Well done on the colostrum. It's amazing for them when they come early.

I definitely want to see a picture of them both. Sugarpop did you set up a WhatsApp? I lost track of it all!
Get some rest my lovely and online order your spritz for bitz ;)
Xx

I’ll set the what’s app up now if you DM me your numbers. Only one person sent theirs so far x

You definitely deserve a rest! Hopefully you’ll get a bit of sleep tonight (even though it’s NEVER the same in hospital).

They sound like they are doing fantastic, even more so because they are twins at this stage too! I was telling my husband we need to get the bag ready and told him your story!! Ha My niece was born at 32 weeks and needed oxygen for one day and then went on to cpap. They truly are amazing little people!!

You sound like you are coping so so well!
When it all sinks in allow yourself time to get over the shock of it all.
Such an overwhelming situation to be in. Well done on the colostrum. It's amazing for them when they come early.

I definitely want to see a picture of them both. Sugarpop did you set up a WhatsApp? I lost track of it all!
Get some rest my lovely and online order your spritz for bitz ;)
Xx
I’ve saved your number to make the group at a more timely hour (than 2:30am) but I’ve deleted the message you put on my wall...think they are public viewing?

I’ve saved your number to make the group at a more timely hour (than 2:30am) but I’ve deleted the message you put on my wall...think they are public viewing?

I couldn't work out how to private message. Thanks for setting before the whole world and his dog had my number :rotfl:

@Radleycat - MASSIVE congratulations to you. What an amazing women you are! I absolutely love the names you have chosen (Charlotte of course is the best name you can get :))
Get some rest, you deserve it. I would love to see a photo of them both when you are ready to share xx

@Radleycat - MASSIVE congratulations to you. What an amazing women you are! I absolutely love the names you have chosen (Charlotte of course is the best name you can get :))
Get some rest, you deserve it. I would love to see a photo of them both when you are ready to share xx
Happy to send a pic or two, we are chuffed to bits with how they are doing. Such little troopers.

Just can’t for the life of me figure out how to do a pm. My brain has melted

Happy to send a pic or two, we are chuffed to bits with how they are doing. Such little troopers.

I replied to the one you sent to me this morning so if you click on notifications it should send you straight there. Since the forum looks different I don’t really like it :lol:

I private messaged you so you can just reply. Go to the top right hand corner where your notifications are and there’s will be an envelope and hopefully will notify you that I have message you x

Congratulations on the twins birth Radleycat. I'm really glad they're doing well. Crazy to think all our little ones will be here soon.

I've been quiet for a while as life has been crazy with moving and the fact my pregnancy is not straight forward anymore. I do know I'm rocking team blue though! :)

Despite worries I might have a growth restricted baby turns out my little man is a jumbo baby. >95th percentile mostly across the board at last scan and estimated weight of 4lb 13oz at 31 +3 weeks! I was cleared of gestational diabetes at 28 weeks but will have to test again if he's still massive at my next scan in 2 weeks time. There's been some vague talk of induction happening before 40 weeks depending on how my next 2 scans go.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Congratulations on the twins birth Radleycat. I'm really glad they're doing well. Crazy to think all our little ones will be here soon.

I've been quiet for a while as life has been crazy with moving and the fact my pregnancy is not straight forward anymore. I do know I'm rocking team blue though! :)

Despite worries I might have a growth restricted baby turns out my little man is a jumbo baby. >95th percentile mostly across the board at last scan and estimated weight of 4lb 13oz at 31 +3 weeks! I was cleared of gestational diabetes at 28 weeks but will have to test again if he's still massive at my next scan in 2 weeks time. There's been some vague talk of induction happening before 40 weeks depending on how my next 2 scans go.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
Baby’s size sounds a lot like mine. I’m 95th percentile at 32 weeks around 4lbs 13oz. I will be induced around 38 weeks so may be the same for you. I will say my baby had two weeks were he out on around 1.5lbs but then the last two weeks his growth has gone to average of 0.5lbs per week so don’t worry too much as your baby may do the same.

Baby’s size sounds a lot like mine. I’m 95th percentile at 32 weeks around 4lbs 13oz. I will be induced around 38 weeks so may be the same for you. I will say my baby had two weeks were he out on around 1.5lbs but then the last two weeks his growth has gone to average of 0.5lbs per week so don’t worry too much as your baby may do the same.

I'm really hoping so as I don't want to repeat the diabetes test. My veins are so awful the day assessment bloods lady thinks i'll have to get canulated in the foot when I give birth. :? My veins were so bad she didn't do the 2nd bloods after 2 hrs, I had to be sent especially to phlombotomy instead.

Started antenatal classes this week as well (found a free NHS course in my area). Hoping I'll get through all the sessions. One woman has started it at 36 weeks! She won't finish the 4 week course if her little one pops out even half a week early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back