*** July 2019 Mummies ***

I would say make sure you have disposables knickers or old knickers that can be thrown away and make sure you have a decent maternity pad. I used always ultra thick ones (not sure they are maternity pads but they are very similar to the ones the hospital gave me after my c section.

I’ve been really lucky bleeding wise as it was never quite as bad as a period other than when I first stood up after the section but I know some women have a lot of bleeding afterwards.

I suppose its not so bad if I really need something I don't have as the hospital is only a 15 min drive away from my flat.

Really feel like the number of July mummies still pregnant has gone right down. Always knew I would be one of the last but so ready to be done.

TMI was shaving my legs earlier without OH helping (like he has for past 7 weeks or so since bump got too big) and realised it felt like a full on workout doing it alone. :rotfl:

I suppose its not so bad if I really need something I don't have as the hospital is only a 15 min drive away from my flat.

Really feel like the number of July mummies still pregnant has gone right down. Always knew I would be one of the last but so ready to be done.

TMI was shaving my legs earlier without OH helping (like he has for past 7 weeks or so since bump got too big) and realised it felt like a full on workout doing it alone. :rotfl:

I'm still ok shaving my legs just about. I am still bending over but it is more of a struggle now.

I wouldn't mind waking up in the early hours and giving birth tonight to be honest. I am really ready for baby to arrive. My birthing unit is a 5 min drive away. I hope they have room for me when I do go into labour. Otherwise the nearest hospital is 10 mins away. Neither are bad really.

I found it easier to sit on the toilet and do it :lol:

Big congrats to everyone who has had their babies:cheer:

Welcome to hearyoume:wave: we might do a swap - my last baby was late so it wouldn’t surprise me if I end up an Aug mummy lol.

I’m 38 weeks today. I’ve got a sweep booked for 39+3 and I really hope it does something!! If nowt has happened by 40+6 they’re inducing me. So at least I know I won’t go past 41 weeks.

Jellybean I had some super mild period pains last night. They were more than Brixton hicks but nothing to write home about (didn’t even tell hubby as he’d only start panicking). All died down when I went to bed though:roll:
Tbh I’m not really ready for baby just yet. Hubby’s out tonight and we’ve got a few things going on this week so in an ideal world he’d make an appearance after Saturday lol.

That's a good idea. I might try that!

Ahhh I just want to give birth now. Fed up of sitting at home waiting and waiting. I should be enjoying this part of mat leave but I'm not really

I would try that but my toilet is in a weird set up in my new place so not a viable option. I might take a chair in the main bathroom next time if OH can't help!

@Jellybean86 I'm not enjoying this bit either. I get so bored because I feel so limited in what I can actually do. I know part of me will think I'm silly for not enjoying this time to rest once the baby is here, but we're so ready to meet him now and have our little family together.,

I would try that but my toilet is in a weird set up in my new place so not a viable option. I might take a chair in the main bathroom next time if OH can't help!

@Jellybean86 I'm not enjoying this bit either. I get so bored because I feel so limited in what I can actually do. I know part of me will think I'm silly for not enjoying this time to rest once the baby is here, but we're so ready to meet him now and have our little family together.,

Totally. Baby is moving today but she seems to be having a quieter day. Movements aren't as big as they are normally. I'm not concerned to the point I will call my midwife but is that a normal sort of thing around 39 weeks?

Totally. Baby is moving today but she seems to be having a quieter day. Movements aren't as big as they are normally. I'm not concerned to the point I will call my midwife but is that a normal sort of thing around 39 weeks?

If you don't get some good movement I would call it in. I did the other day and felt silly because he went mental at the probes, but if he hadn't and something had really been wrong at least i could get help before anything bad happened.

They hook you up to a monitor that tracks baby's movements and heart rate and a second probe for contractions. Leave it going 20 mins and check the results from the graph print out.

They much rather see you and check than have you leave it. Too many people don't get seen until no movement happens and by then it's too late.

It's a myth they move less. Its just the movements change. Try lying down after a cold drink of juice and put your hand on your tummy. Some of the movements are so subtle now I don't feel them unless I do that. If you still don't get much after an hour or so get seen. Never leave it over night!

I would go in if something is different. They much prefer you to go in and it be nothing than delay going in. I went in around 32 weeks and as soon as baby was on the monitor he went crazy. When I was in hospital I was on the minitor Atleast four times a day. They love a good monitoring!!

@Sugarpop @Krazy Kitten

Yeah it is weird to describe. I thought she was quiet this morning but then as the day has progressed, and I've had plenty to eat and drink, she has got more lively Haha. Also my Braxton Hicks are more frequent last few days.

Think I've felt plenty of moves today to be honest. I think my problem is I'm a proper worrier and these days leading up to the birth are just making me anxious and with not being at work I'm just sitting at home overthinking everything!

@Sugarpop @Krazy Kitten

Yeah it is weird to describe. I thought she was quiet this morning but then as the day has progressed, and I've had plenty to eat and drink, she has got more lively Haha. Also my Braxton Hicks are more frequent last few days.

Think I've felt plenty of moves today to be honest. I think my problem is I'm a proper worrier and these days leading up to the birth are just making me anxious and with not being at work I'm just sitting at home overthinking everything!

My little guy has gone back to his werido movements again since he scared me. As I've got a lot of space he moves side to side then sinks in towards my back and becomes invisible and hard to feel. The problem on Friday was he did his invisible trick for the whole day. My partner is convinced I'm secretly a tardis.

Glad your little girl is moving about better now. Not even here yet and keeping you in your toes!

I know my hospital plan to induce if you go in with reduced movement three times even if monitoring is all normal.

My little guy has gone back to his werido movements again since he scared me. As I've got a lot of space he moves side to side then sinks in towards my back and becomes invisible and hard to feel. The problem on Friday was he did his invisible trick for the whole day. My partner is convinced I'm secretly a tardis.

Glad your little girl is moving about better now. Not even here yet and keeping you in your toes!

I know my hospital plan to induce if you go in with reduced movement three times even if monitoring is all normal.

I would love to be induced right now haha

Big congrats to everyone who has had their babies:cheer:

Welcome to hearyoume:wave: we might do a swap - my last baby was late so it wouldn’t surprise me if I end up an Aug mummy lol.

I’m 38 weeks today. I’ve got a sweep booked for 39+3 and I really hope it does something!! If nowt has happened by 40+6 they’re inducing me. So at least I know I won’t go past 41 weeks.

Jellybean I had some super mild period pains last night. They were more than Brixton hicks but nothing to write home about (didn’t even tell hubby as he’d only start panicking). All died down when I went to bed though:roll:
Tbh I’m not really ready for baby just yet. Hubby’s out tonight and we’ve got a few things going on this week so in an ideal world he’d make an appearance after Saturday lol.

I had some mild period type pains v v mild ones... but they didnt come to anything :-(

Walking around the city centre trying to help push things into action. Also getting my last haircut in forever done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back