*** January 2020 Mummies ***

Had a bit of a frightening day. I went to the loo around 2.30pm and when I wiped their was a good amount of brown rusty coloured discharge it wasn’t bright red but definetely wasn’t just brown either. I had a massive panic attack and husband ended up calling the hospital antenatal dept and we went in. Had blood pressure done, and heard her heartbeat. All seemed well with baby and bleeding had stopped did and internal to check cervix and all closed but was some old blood visible. Took a swap as maybe have an infection and been sent home but on bed rest rest of today and tomorrow haven’t had any bleeding since but I was really frightened. She is moving loads tonight which is reassuring had lots of ketones in my urine as been having low carb due to the gestational diabetes and was told to have a tea with carbs feeling down and that no matter what I do it doesn’t seem to be good enough xx
Aw bless you. How worrying for you. Good to hear everything ok. Take it easy xx

Had a bit of a frightening day. I went to the loo around 2.30pm and when I wiped their was a good amount of brown rusty coloured discharge it wasn’t bright red but definetely wasn’t just brown either. I had a massive panic attack and husband ended up calling the hospital antenatal dept and we went in. Had blood pressure done, and heard her heartbeat. All seemed well with baby and bleeding had stopped did and internal to check cervix and all closed but was some old blood visible. Took a swap as maybe have an infection and been sent home but on bed rest rest of today and tomorrow haven’t had any bleeding since but I was really frightened. She is moving loads tonight which is reassuring had lots of ketones in my urine as been having low carb due to the gestational diabetes and was told to have a tea with carbs feeling down and that no matter what I do it doesn’t seem to be good enough xx
So scary! Good thing it was just a false alarm.
The gestational diabetes and ketosis in urine is such a double edged sword. I was having a discussion about it with the oh since he told me to avoid carbs but, when you go too much into the keto direction, you get ketosis which is bad for the baby, but if you eat a bit too many carbs, you get problems with your blood sugar level.:wall2:
I hope you will be able to relax again soon hun!x

That does sound promising though. Are least she agreed with you. Just take it in your stride. You seriously have a lot going on at the moment. If they are clever, they'll just retest and that's it.

I'm starting to struggle with my bump now. It's so hard and massive. Constantly get asked how much longer I have to go and then the surprised faces that it's still till january. I swear I'm breeding an elephant baby by the way I look already lol
Show us a picture! Lol
My bump grows and shrinks every day! When she's lying head down, facing my spine, she seems to disappear into my body, but when she's transverse, my bumps looks quite big!x

I wrote everything down today, I only ate 1793 calories but I didn't do any real physical activity because my muscles are so sore! I ate 159,5g of carbs, of which 50,81g of sugar. I honestly understand why my body couldn't get rid of the 75g of sugar in that sugary drink it's so excessive!!!x

@Outofsync Glad to hear all is well with you now!

I've taken a pic of my bump! I cropped my head off as I still had a sleepy head :lol: Can't believe that there are only 3 and a half months to go!! Not long anymore!

I have the appointment with the dietician and have written every thing down in the last 3 days. I eat around 150-170g of carbs daily of which 50gs is sugar. So don't think my diet is that bad.
Does anyone have the recommended carb intake for pregnant women in tri2? I can't seem to find it online, only that you have to eat 200 to 300 calories more.x

IMG-20190929-WA0002~2.jpeg

@Outofsync Glad to hear all is well with you now!

I've taken a pic of my bump! I cropped my head off as I still had a sleepy head :lol: Can't believe that there are only 3 and a half months to go!! Not long anymore!

I have the appointment with the dietician and have written every thing down in the last 3 days. I eat around 150-170g of carbs daily of which 50gs is sugar. So don't think my diet is that bad.
Does anyone have the recommended carb intake for pregnant women in tri2? I can't seem to find it online, only that you have to eat 200 to 300 calories more.x

View attachment 88103
I have a list at home with carb recommendations I’ll post it when I get in from work tonight think it’s 30g breakfast 50g lunch and 50g tea with two snacks at 10g each so 150g a day but could be wrong as can’t remember off the top of my head I’ll take a photo of the sheet and post later on x

It won’t let me upload as too big a file but 20-30g breakfast, 40-50g lunch and dinner and two snacks 10-15g so between 120g and 160g a day xx

So I had my appointment in the diabetic clinic. At first I had to see the dietician, luckily I wrote everything down for 3 days!! She checked what I ate and said I have a well balanced healthy diet and the only thing she pointed out was the white rice, which according to her, should be switched to brown rice. I went to check this out and this info is a bit outdated... Brown rice does have more nutritional value BUT it's negligible. And on top of it, a Japanese study found something in the brown rice which prevents your body from absorbing nutrients like zinc, iron and others from the other foods on your plate, so it's better to stick to white rice. Since she saw what I ate, she told me she could not teach me anything new and I do not have to return each month! Phhew!

Then the nurse gave me a pricky finger thingy and told me to only test 3 times a week. Once in the morning and 2 hours after each meal since my results weren't problematic. I have an appointment with the endocrinologist in two weeks and they will see whether I need insuline or not.
I've tested twice after a meal today and have to have a glucose level of under 120. After breakfast it was 85 and after lunch it was 90 so am going to keep on doing what I'm doing and not let myself slip this time!

How is everyone doing btw?x

It won’t let me upload as too big a file but 20-30g breakfast, 40-50g lunch and dinner and two snacks 10-15g so between 120g and 160g a day xx
I had shown her I eat between 150g and 170g of carbs a day and she told me I could eat more since she really doesn't want me to go under 150?! Maybe it depends on the results perhaps? I had a 5,2 after the glucose test so am a bit confused...

I had shown her I eat between 150g and 170g of carbs a day and she told me I could eat more since she really doesn't want me to go under 150?! Maybe it depends on the results perhaps? I had a 5,2 after the glucose test so am a bit confused...

I think it probably depends on the results my dietician this morning said Im doing fine in the 150g a day bracket for now and to continue but later on in pregnancy might have to reduce I explained had ketones in my urine and said to have a carb loaded meal once a week like a cheat meal and doesn’t matter if go over the readings for one meal I’m so looking forward to this now! Haha! Xx

I think it probably depends on the results my dietician this morning said Im doing fine in the 150g a day bracket for now and to continue but later on in pregnancy might have to reduce I explained had ketones in my urine and said to have a carb loaded meal once a week like a cheat meal and doesn’t matter if go over the readings for one meal I’m so looking forward to this now! Haha! Xx
Oh yay! That's great! It's a bit easier to keep up if you can look forward to your cheat meal!:cheer:

Feel like I’m getting sorted with the nursery it’s all painted in this pink and white, and got the rug, bedding and frames we are getting fitted wardrobes in a couple of weeks time then new carpet then can start putting it all together. How’s everyone doing? I’m feeling super organised I think the bleed scared me so sorted hospital bag just in case and started washing all her clothes xxF56987F0-1684-42DE-934D-B67AE547E43D.jpeg 52250D9B-CF0E-4A88-9061-469DFDCC16A6.png 3DBCC2A7-34CE-4674-8A9C-692A9C24E38C.png

Feel like I’m getting sorted with the nursery it’s all painted in this pink and white, and got the rug, bedding and frames we are getting fitted wardrobes in a couple of weeks time then new carpet then can start putting it all together. How’s everyone doing? I’m feeling super organised I think the bleed scared me so sorted hospital bag just in case and started washing all her clothes xxView attachment 88207 View attachment 88203 View attachment 88205
Way more organised then I am haha
We are just about to sort out the bedroom. Haven't started yet though
Love the colour scheme.

I'm thinking of an article, like polar bears and penguins, seals whales that sort of theme for little one. I crochet him a little penguin lovey already.
Going to start washing the clothes probably around end of the month, just to be on the save side. I have a feeling he will be early, no idea why, just a guy instinct.
How is everyone doing anyway?
I had a bad fall yesterday when I was picking my son up from school. Knee is badly bruised and swollen. Can hardly walk now. Did hit the bump on the step but all good there.

Way more organised then I am haha
We are just about to sort out the bedroom. Haven't started yet though
Love the colour scheme.

I'm thinking of an article, like polar bears and penguins, seals whales that sort of theme for little one. I crochet him a little penguin lovey already.
Going to start washing the clothes probably around end of the month, just to be on the save side. I have a feeling he will be early, no idea why, just a guy instinct.
How is everyone doing anyway?
I had a bad fall yesterday when I was picking my son up from school. Knee is badly bruised and swollen. Can hardly walk now. Did hit the bump on the step but all good there.
I had that feeling with my daughter too and she did come 4 weeks earlier! Be prepared just in case!
I hope you feel better soon, hopefully the knee will heal quickly.

I feel good and haven't had any bad snacks or junk food in a week. I don't miss it actually and all my blood tests come back in the normal range. The only difficult thing I find is getting enough calories from my food. I have this impression I eat mountains of food and still don't get to 2000 calories. Most days I get to 1600 or 1700 and rarely to 1800. I always had such a hard time dieting but just scrapping junk food is easier than I thought haha!
I have a scan next week and am curious to see how she has grown and whether she is ahead or not (if she is ahead, it might mean she's getting too much sugar, increasing the chance of a c section, which I do not want!!!).
When was your glucose test again @vampysgirl?x

I had that feeling with my daughter too and she did come 4 weeks earlier! Be prepared just in case!
I hope you feel better soon, hopefully the knee will heal quickly.

I feel good and haven't had any bad snacks or junk food in a week. I don't miss it actually and all my blood tests come back in the normal range. The only difficult thing I find is getting enough calories from my food. I have this impression I eat mountains of food and still don't get to 2000 calories. Most days I get to 1600 or 1700 and rarely to 1800. I always had such a hard time dieting but just scrapping junk food is easier than I thought haha!
I have a scan next week and am curious to see how she has grown and whether she is ahead or not (if she is ahead, it might mean she's getting too much sugar, increasing the chance of a c section, which I do not want!!!).
When was your glucose test again @vampysgirl?x

I find at the moment I'm literally stuffing my face with fruits all the time. Braeburn apples ( has to be that exact brand, never been that fussy like now) melons and bananas to be exact.
Even when I get up during the night, I will go to fridge, get an apple out, cut it up and eat it. It's really strange.

My test is on Wednesday. I have ante natal clinic at the hospital on monday morning, not sure what they will do this time. Last time it was literally sit there for 2 minutes, talk about me being on fragmin and when I should stop taking it. They checked my BP and that was it...

Hello ladies,

@vampysgirl awww, I hope your knee recovers quickly, it must be tough to have it hurting all the time when walking.

@Kitana I have the exact opposite situation. I'm not tracking calories but I feel like I'm eating very reasonable amounts, mostly healthy stuff and I'm still gaining 2 pounds every week...

My belly is now so big (in outward direction mostly) that I have to have a small lunch otherwise I just don't have enough space to sit normally in my office chair afterwards :doh:
20191005_084131.jpg

I am excited about starting a Hypnobirthing course in 2 weeks! OH will be coming too and I hope it will help him figure out his role in the birth since I'm hoping for a home birth...
Also excited to do more prep of the nursery next month - this month we've already maxed out our shopping budget.. We are converting our guest bedroom into nursery + home office for me (my desk and chair). So far we have the furniture for me as well as a rocking chair but we haven't got the baby's furniture yet, just looked around for some options.

Sending all my best to everyone!

Hello ladies,

@vampysgirl awww, I hope your knee recovers quickly, it must be tough to have it hurting all the time when walking.

@Kitana I have the exact opposite situation. I'm not tracking calories but I feel like I'm eating very reasonable amounts, mostly healthy stuff and I'm still gaining 2 pounds every week...

My belly is now so big (in outward direction mostly) that I have to have a small lunch otherwise I just don't have enough space to sit normally in my office chair afterwards :doh:
View attachment 88221

I am excited about starting a Hypnobirthing course in 2 weeks! OH will be coming too and I hope it will help him figure out his role in the birth since I'm hoping for a home birth...
Also excited to do more prep of the nursery next month - this month we've already maxed out our shopping budget.. We are converting our guest bedroom into nursery + home office for me (my desk and chair). So far we have the furniture for me as well as a rocking chair but we haven't got the baby's furniture yet, just looked around for some options.

Sending all my best to everyone!
You look gorgeous!:love:

I also took my oh to birthing class with my previous baby and he was such a big help during labour! Certainly when there were moments were I thought I could not go on without an epidural, he helped me breathe through the contractions.
I had a friend who did hypnobirthing during birth and she was in such a trance that she didn't even feel the baby coming out, they even had to shake her out of it for her to hold her baby haha! Good luck with the classes!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back