*** January 2020 Mummies ***

It's magical isn't it when babies start kicking! And quite rude to stop when daddy tries to feel them!:lol:

I've been a bit awol since I've had some phone issues but have a new one now!

I have my 24 week scan + glucose test next Tuesday and I hope I can go since we had to take DD to the doctor's this morning. She was breathing fast but deeply, ribcage being sucked in every breath, just like she did in May. She vomited 4 times during the night and the GP told us to go to hospital because she might be in need of oxygen. So anyways, she's being monitored, she has a fever of 38,1 but the nurses only give calpol at 38,5... it's so heartbreaking to see her lying there, helpless and feeling so miserable...
I hope she can go home tomorrow... if she doesn't need oxygen during the night she will be discharged.
I only slept 1 hour in 2 days and am so tired I feel dizzy and nauseous. My bed is calling me ladies! Have a good night!x
Aw bless her you must be so worried. Have they said what it is? Sounds very much like when my son had croup. Hope she feels better in the morning and you get some sleep xx

Haha that’s a good reward. I don’t have my test till next month. I’m dreading it. Hopefully I won’t have it and if I do I’ll def Stick to a diet to try control it. Do they give you advice on meals and what to have ? Xx

Just cut the sugar and bad carbs out, so white bread, white rice swap for whole grain and limit biscuits, cakes, sweets, etc basically bit like slimming world I’ve done it before start diabetes clinic on Tuesday every week so hope they give me some more tips. The actual test wasn’t too bad I didn’t mind the glucose drink just really sweet I’ll let you know if they give me any more info on Tuesday xx

It's magical isn't it when babies start kicking! And quite rude to stop when daddy tries to feel them!:lol:

I've been a bit awol since I've had some phone issues but have a new one now!

I have my 24 week scan + glucose test next Tuesday and I hope I can go since we had to take DD to the doctor's this morning. She was breathing fast but deeply, ribcage being sucked in every breath, just like she did in May. She vomited 4 times during the night and the GP told us to go to hospital because she might be in need of oxygen. So anyways, she's being monitored, she has a fever of 38,1 but the nurses only give calpol at 38,5... it's so heartbreaking to see her lying there, helpless and feeling so miserable...
I hope she can go home tomorrow... if she doesn't need oxygen during the night she will be discharged.
I only slept 1 hour in 2 days and am so tired I feel dizzy and nauseous. My bed is calling me ladies! Have a good night!x

Oh no what a nightmare for you hope she is home soon and you can get a good nights sleep xx

Aw bless her you must be so worried. Have they said what it is? Sounds very much like when my son had croup. Hope she feels better in the morning and you get some sleep xx

She has bronchiolitis which has been caused by a virus. It infects the smallest airways in your lungs, making it difficult to get oxygen into the body. She's out of breath the whole time, I'm sure she must feel so dizzy at times. They gave her aerosols with ventolin but as she doesn't have asthma, it doesn't work.. i don't know why they keep giving it. The oh is sleeping there tonight so I can get some shut eye. Hope all goes well and she doesn't have to stay another day. It's so exhausting to hang around a tiny room all day long.
Thank you for the well wishes!x

She has bronchiolitis which has been caused by a virus. It infects the smallest airways in your lungs, making it difficult to get oxygen into the body. She's out of breath the whole time, I'm sure she must feel so dizzy at times. They gave her aerosols with ventolin but as she doesn't have asthma, it doesn't work.. i don't know why they keep giving it. The oh is sleeping there tonight so I can get some shut eye. Hope all goes well and she doesn't have to stay another day. It's so exhausting to hang around a tiny room all day long.
Awwww, hope she gets well soon and you get some proper rest!

I often struggle with bronchitis and cough and one thing I found to be super helpful (and also to avoid antibiotics when possible) is halotherapy - basically you're in a room with lots of natural salt and you relax and breathe. The salt aerosols kill viruses and bacteria and are hugely beneficial for the lungs. I was worried it's some woo-hoo new age thing so I did my research before ever going and there are plenty of scientific studies showing how amazing it is for bronchitis and pneumonia. I find the best effects after 3 sessions. And it's so safe you can do it while pregnant and totally safe for even very young kids, the rooms for kids have lots of toys and the ones for adults have super comfy reclining chairs so you can basically have a nap :)

Aw that’s awful. Let us all know how she is xx

@Kitana how is your girl doing? Hope she's back home now?

How's everyone else doing?
I've noticed today that my nipples started leaking tiny amounts of colostrum. Thought that's very early but apparently it can happen from reaching half way mark in pregnancy. I know it was a lot later with my last son, so am a little surprised but happy, as I'm planning to breastfeed.

Thank you ladies @Lollypop79, @chattychar1990, @DeniceF, @Outofsync and @vampysgirl.
We were allowed to go home earlier today but I have to keep on giving her aerosols to open up the airways, I'm not sure it's helping honestly. She gets very shaky after the sessions and it breaks my heart to see her little legs and arms shake like that! The doctor said it could just be bad luck that she's had it twice in 4 months because she has no allergies, but it could just be that her lungs overreact to viruses. I rrrreally hope it was just bad luck as I don't want her to be sick again like that.
Thank you for your messages, I had very little sleep these last few days and am finally sleeping in my own bed now! Have a lovely evening!x

Thank you ladies @Lollypop79, @chattychar1990, @DeniceF, @Outofsync and @vampysgirl.
We were allowed to go home earlier today but I have to keep on giving her aerosols to open up the airways, I'm not sure it's helping honestly. She gets very shaky after the sessions and it breaks my heart to see her little legs and arms shake like that! The doctor said it could just be bad luck that she's had it twice in 4 months because she has no allergies, but it could just be that her lungs overreact to viruses. I rrrreally hope it was just bad luck as I don't want her to be sick again like that.
Thank you for your messages, I had very little sleep these last few days and am finally sleeping in my own bed now! Have a lovely evening!x
Aw lovely that you are both home. It’s awful seeing them ill. My son used to shake after having inhalers I think it’s the meds kicking in. Bless her hopefully it wasn’t just bad luck xx

@Lollypop79 Thank you, did your son grow out of them? I hope it's not something she will have to take the rest of her life!x

@Lollypop79 Thank you, did your son grow out of them? I hope it's not something she will have to take the rest of her life!x
Yeah he did. He suffered really bad with chest problems. In and out of hospital. He hit about 8yr old and had no trouble since then. X

Really struggling with the smell of meat at the mo, raw or cooking I just start heaving and running for the toilet. I had this in early pregnancy but had went. Now it’s back at 21 + weeks. Anyone else like this? I’m seriously thinking of becoming a vegetarian for the rest of the pregnancy lol xx

Really struggling with the smell of meat at the mo, raw or cooking I just start heaving and running for the toilet. I had this in early pregnancy but had went. Now it’s back at 21 + weeks. Anyone else like this? I’m seriously thinking of becoming a vegetarian for the rest of the pregnancy lol xx
Aww that's not very nice of the baby to make you nauseous again! Lol
I didn't have nausea during tri 1 but an aversion to coffee. I drank one though a few days ago since I had only got 1 hour of sleep because of DD vomiting all night, I just needed some caffeine to keep me awake! I didn't dislike it and didn't have heartburn after either but maybe our tastes change during pregnancy?
I would still try to eat meat hun, since the baby needs proteins now to grow it's muscles! And vit b12 is also essential to the baby's brain development.
Hope it goes away soon, it might just be because of the pressure of the ever expanding uterus!x

Does everyone have to have the glucose test? They haven’t mentioned anything to me about having one? X

Does everyone have to have the glucose test? They haven’t mentioned anything to me about having one? X
Not everyone. It’s only if you have certain risk factors. Like a high bmi, family history of diabetes etc. If it’s not been mentioned then you probably didn’t hit any triggers to have it. X

Not everyone. It’s only if you have certain risk factors. Like a high bmi, family history of diabetes etc. If it’s not been mentioned then you probably didn’t hit any triggers to have it. X
Ah that’s good then thank you xx

Ah that’s good then thank you xx
I live in Belgium and it's a standard test for every pregnant woman. At first you have to drink a very sweet drink and have your blood tested 1 hour later for insuline resistance, if you pass, then nothing happens, if not, then they start the real testing.x

Are any of you ladies experiencing shortness of breath? I was tying my shoes earlier and really felt like my lungs were being squished! Even just walking a couple of flights of stairs got me panting! Feel so out of shape!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back