*** January 2020 Mummies ***

@vampysgirl @Kitana I think they are braxton hicks I forgot they can be painful. I’ve had a warm bath and all though i’m getting the odd one it’s not as painful as this morning. I’ve took some laxatives in case i’m a little constipated as sometimes it can be that but the pain is def in the front and low down. Will see how I am for rest of morning and update you all. Xx
I also had a dull pain very low, just above my pubic bone. It went on for maybe 40min, freaked me out a bit because it was making me tired and faint but once I got home, laid down it immediately reduced and then went away completely in 10min.

@Lollypop79 How was the pain today?x

I forgot to update as the oh and I played Playstation for almost 4 hours and we were only going to play for a small hour, then we had game night with friends an hour later. :lol: Absolute waste of a day!:rofl:

Anyways the diabetic nurse was very friendly at first and was asking me after my partner to find out whether I was together with a man or woman... which I thought was a bit odd. Then she asked how I was doing and the testing, I said the pricking was not as bad as I thought it was and gave her my little book with my blood results. She looked them over and said the results were really good and asked me how my diet was going, I said I wasn't on a diet but just tried not to snack too much, she frowned then and looked over what I ate since I had written it down in pencil after each meal. I didn't even have to do that, but wanted to know if I had triggers in case I had a spike, but I never did. She then asked me if I had my measuring machine with me to check the results. Then it was my turn to frown, she didn't believe what I wrote down! I was honest when I had eaten cake, fried foods or take away! Since my expression changed, she started smiling again and laughed saying that it wasn't that she didn't believe what I wrote down, but it was "just to check". I then told her I had no reason to lie or change my results as I would have absolutely nothing to gain from it if my baby was in danger. She then changed the subject and took my blood pressure... I felt insulted!
Then she said, since my results were good, I only needed to come back every 4 weeks. But she said she couldn't access the booking system and needed to ask a colleague. I had to go wait in the waiting room again, and she called me back 5 minutes later. She then asked me when I was available 2 weeks later, I was a bit confused as she first said every 4 weeks. I think she probably told a colleague she didn't believe the results and they decided I should come back earlier. She then wanted me to come back on a certain date but I was unable to go that day since I had plans already, I then asked if the 31st of October was available and she said yes but it isn't with me. Wtf would I care if it was with her or someone else?!

Anyways, I had to see the endocrinologist after and she told me I didn't need insulin which I expected. She was really kind and I asked her if maybe the minimal raised result in my blood could have been stress related and she said yes, as your body makes a lot of cortisol and adrenaline during stress, which can interfere with insulin production. She told me that I should just continue what I was doing as I have nothing to worry about because they measured the a1c average from the previous months and it was at 5,1 which is a very non diabetic result.

Sorry for the long post but I was so annoyed!! Am happy my next appointment isn't with that b!tch :lol:

@Lollypop79 How was the pain today?x

I forgot to update as the oh and I played Playstation for almost 4 hours and we were only going to play for a small hour, then we had game night with friends an hour later. :lol: Absolute waste of a day!:rofl:

Anyways the diabetic nurse was very friendly at first and was asking me after my partner to find out whether I was together with a man or woman... which I thought was a bit odd. Then she asked how I was doing and the testing, I said the pricking was not as bad as I thought it was and gave her my little book with my blood results. She looked them over and said the results were really good and asked me how my diet was going, I said I wasn't on a diet but just tried not to snack too much, she frowned then and looked over what I ate since I had written it down in pencil after each meal. I didn't even have to do that, but wanted to know if I had triggers in case I had a spike, but I never did. She then asked me if I had my measuring machine with me to check the results. Then it was my turn to frown, she didn't believe what I wrote down! I was honest when I had eaten cake, fried foods or take away! Since my expression changed, she started smiling again and laughed saying that it wasn't that she didn't believe what I wrote down, but it was "just to check". I then told her I had no reason to lie or change my results as I would have absolutely nothing to gain from it if my baby was in danger. She then changed the subject and took my blood pressure... I felt insulted!
Then she said, since my results were good, I only needed to come back every 4 weeks. But she said she couldn't access the booking system and needed to ask a colleague. I had to go wait in the waiting room again, and she called me back 5 minutes later. She then asked me when I was available 2 weeks later, I was a bit confused as she first said every 4 weeks. I think she probably told a colleague she didn't believe the results and they decided I should come back earlier. She then wanted me to come back on a certain date but I was unable to go that day since I had plans already, I then asked if the 31st of October was available and she said yes but it isn't with me. Wtf would I care if it was with her or someone else?!

Anyways, I had to see the endocrinologist after and she told me I didn't need insulin which I expected. She was really kind and I asked her if maybe the minimal raised result in my blood could have been stress related and she said yes, as your body makes a lot of cortisol and adrenaline during stress, which can interfere with insulin production. She told me that I should just continue what I was doing as I have nothing to worry about because they measured the a1c average from the previous months and it was at 5,1 which is a very non diabetic result.

Sorry for the long post but I was so annoyed!! Am happy my next appointment isn't with that b!tch :lol:

hey. Not to bad today. I think it was bad constipation that coupled with now a bad stomach as I’ve had to use lactulose which I get a bad stomach with. I didn’t realise how painful it can be so was worrying but she’s kicking away and all good. I feel silly for ringing the hospital but it put my mind at ease. X

aww I would be annoyed too. Sounds like it did go well as in doesn’t sound like you have gestational diabetes. Got my gtt on Friday. Hopefully you’ll continue with good results and they’ll sign you off from it. I hope I pass the tests as i’m useless at diets and wouldn’t have a clue where to start. I eat healthy but love a chocolate biscuit lol xx

hey. Not to bad today. I think it was bad constipation that coupled with now a bad stomach as I’ve had to use lactulose which I get a bad stomach with. I didn’t realise how painful it can be so was worrying but she’s kicking away and all good. I feel silly for ringing the hospital but it put my mind at ease. X

aww I would be annoyed too. Sounds like it did go well as in doesn’t sound like you have gestational diabetes. Got my gtt on Friday. Hopefully you’ll continue with good results and they’ll sign you off from it. I hope I pass the tests as i’m useless at diets and wouldn’t have a clue where to start. I eat healthy but love a chocolate biscuit lol xx

I used to check my eating habits with an app before called Lifesum, I could see whether I ate too many carbs, protein or fat and adjust my intake. If I would have eaten a lot of carbs in the morning, and not too many fats in the afternoon, I could eat some almonds or cheese as a snack, or the other way around as well, eat a piece of fruit when my carbs were on the low side.
But now I just eat normally like before, I tend to avoid exotic fruits like mango or banana as they are sugar bombs!
But picking what to eat it isn't that hard because you are not trying to lose weight, you're just trying to eat healthily.
Good luck on your test!x

Hi ladies glad you’re all doing ok. Katana sounds like you don’t have diabetes maybe just a random reading. All my readings have been within the range and they asked to check my device too as didn’t believe me!! I just passed to them have nothing to hide it makes me laugh that they think we would lie!! Had growth scan yesterday and she is measuring in the normal range currently 2lb 11oz and at the 52nd percentile so smack bang in the average weight. Had consultant appointment today and been prescribed fragrim as at risk of thrombosis due to age and ivf pregnancy so injections start tonight back in three weeks time to see how she is getting on. She is currently breech and if haven’t turned by 34 week appointment more than likely be an elective caesarean at 37 weeks so she could be here before Christmas I’m hoping she moves before then but whatever it takes to get her out safely is the main xx

Hi ladies glad you’re all doing ok. Katana sounds like you don’t have diabetes maybe just a random reading. All my readings have been within the range and they asked to check my device too as didn’t believe me!! I just passed to them have nothing to hide it makes me laugh that they think we would lie!! Had growth scan yesterday and she is measuring in the normal range currently 2lb 11oz and at the 52nd percentile so smack bang in the average weight. Had consultant appointment today and been prescribed fragrim as at risk of thrombosis due to age and ivf pregnancy so injections start tonight back in three weeks time to see how she is getting on. She is currently breech and if haven’t turned by 34 week appointment more than likely be an elective caesarean at 37 weeks so she could be here before Christmas I’m hoping she moves before then but whatever it takes to get her out safely is the main xx

I'm using fragmin since I'm about 12 weeks now. Got it for my age and weight. What made me laugh though, I was told to not take it the night before I go into labour ... uhm.. still trying to figure out how I'm meant to time that one Haha

I'm using fragmin since I'm about 12 weeks now. Got it for my age and weight. What made me laugh though, I was told to not take it the night before I go into labour ... uhm.. still trying to figure out how I'm meant to time that one Haha
Yeah that’s what they said to me don’t take it night before how are you meant to know!!! Haha! Xx

Omg I laughed when I read that @vampysgirl!! How in the world are you supposed to know?!:rofl: Plus if it isn't your first, the baby comes much quicker!

@Outofsync, do you have to take insulin?
I didn't have the measuring thing with me as they told me to only bring the booklet. I still get annoyed when I think about what happened! :lol:
They told me to take a test 2 hours after a meal, but does that mean from your first bite or from when you finish? I usually test 2 hours from the first bite.

I had some very low readings, like near 70s and the nurse asked me how I felt when I was near that mark, usually I feel weak and shaky, she then told me that I could snack between the meal and the test... I'm no doctor but I don't think that it's really good advice. I think it defeats the purpose of the testing for triggers. Do you snack between your meal and test?x

Omg I laughed when I read that @vampysgirl!! How in the world are you supposed to know?!:rofl: Plus if it isn't your first, the baby comes much quicker!

@Outofsync, do you have to take insulin?
I didn't have the measuring thing with me as they told me to only bring the booklet. I still get annoyed when I think about what happened! :lol:
They told me to take a test 2 hours after a meal, but does that mean from your first bite or from when you finish? I usually test 2 hours from the first bite.

I had some very low readings, like near 70s and the nurse asked me how I felt when I was near that mark, usually I feel weak and shaky, she then told me that I could snack between the meal and the test... I'm no doctor but I don't think that it's really good advice. I think it defeats the purpose of the testing for triggers. Do you snack between your meal and test?x
Not on insulin controlling with diet I literally only have the following: 1 x weetabix and milk for breakfast, cheese salad with fat free yoghurt and apple for dinner and meat and vegetables for tea. It’s so boring but knowing everything is going to her is making me be super good. After I finish my meal last bite I test my bloods an hour later and haven’t been having snacks I’ve noticed I’ve been super tired not sure if that’s from not having loads of carbs or just general pregnancy tiredness xx

Not on insulin controlling with diet I literally only have the following: 1 x weetabix and milk for breakfast, cheese salad with fat free yoghurt and apple for dinner and meat and vegetables for tea. It’s so boring but knowing everything is going to her is making me be super good. After I finish my meal last bite I test my bloods an hour later and haven’t been having snacks I’ve noticed I’ve been super tired not sure if that’s from not having loads of carbs or just general pregnancy tiredness xx
Are you even having enough calories a day? That might be why you are feeling so tired. Doesn't sound like you are eating much at all! Don't you feel shaky and weak? I have a hard time not eating for 2 hours!
I have discovered this nut bar called Yes! with seasalt and dark chocolate, it only has 5g of sugar in a whole bar. I stocked up my snack cupboard for when I feel hungry.
In the morning I usually have 3 eggs with veggies and a slice of cheese mixed in, together with 2 slices of dark bread.
Then snack of a small yogurt with muesli.
Lunch, I often have chicken fingers (from a body builders website! Mostly chicken and very little other junk inside), with loads of veggies and rice or potatoes.
Snack, the Yes! bar, or a freshly made cup of soup.
Dinner I usually have small portion of potatoes/rice/past with a protein and loads of veggies.
After dinner I have another snack like a piece of fruit or a handful of almonds.

I haven't gained any weight in 3 weeks but I haven't lost anything either.

Did they give you a diet?x

I haven’t gained or lost any weight except for first week where I lost 6lb. I have a cheat meal once a week which can contain as many carbs and calories as I like but they gave me the diet for day to day and she is growing well I’m just not putting on loads of weight which is what they wanted as my bmi was 29.1. I properly enjoy the cheat meal which is more like a full afternoon haha so makes it easier during the week xx

I never used to eat breakfast or dinner before pregnancy only evening meal as did intermittent fasting to lose the weight for ivf treatment do I’m used to not eating loads xx

I’m in having my GTT this morning. Back in at 10:25 for next bloods then hopefully home to stuff my face with food xx

I’m in having my GTT this morning. Back in at 10:25 for next bloods then hopefully home to stuff my face with food xx
How did your GTT go? How long do you have to wait for your results?

@Kitana I know it's a joke with trying to predict when baby will come.

My last one was 8 minutes active labour. But I was induced, so I suppose that was in my favour. However, I'm hoping to go natural this time round and honestly no clue what to look out for. Clearly once my waters go, my body doesn't mess about Haha

My plan is, to change to every 2nd day on injections from the 1st of January.. that way, I haven't stopped completely but it should hopefully also cover the whole period with enough fragmin.

I'm seeing the consultant in december again and will probably speak to them about it once more.

How did your GTT go? How long do you have to wait for your results?

@Kitana I know it's a joke with trying to predict when baby will come.

My last one was 8 minutes active labour. But I was induced, so I suppose that was in my favour. However, I'm hoping to go natural this time round and honestly no clue what to look out for. Clearly once my waters go, my body doesn't mess about Haha

My plan is, to change to every 2nd day on injections from the 1st of January.. that way, I haven't stopped completely but it should hopefully also cover the whole period with enough fragmin.

I'm seeing the consultant in december again and will probably speak to them about it once more.
It went good. The drink wasn’t the nicest of things. It was ok though and I didn’t feel sick so that’s good. Felt fine after. Sat for a couple of hours and then did bloods and home for at a lot of food lol. they will call tomorrow if there’s a problem. If I don’t hear anything i’m fine. I’m sure I’ll be ok though. X

It went good. The drink wasn’t the nicest of things. It was ok though and I didn’t feel sick so that’s good. Felt fine after. Sat for a couple of hours and then did bloods and home for at a lot of food lol. they will call tomorrow if there’s a problem. If I don’t hear anything i’m fine. I’m sure I’ll be ok though. X
I really hope they don't call you tomorrow!!x

It’s my birthday today. I’m 40. I’ve had a little cry all ready lol. X

It’s my birthday today. I’m 40. I’ve had a little cry all ready lol. X
Oooh happy birthday!! Or not so happy?!? I am also creeping towards forty and am not looking forward to it either!
Hope you got to celebrate none the less!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back